Family Dollar
3,656 reviews

Family Dollar Employer Reviews

productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2015
Pros: learning experience
Cons: No days off
The job duties were a bit over whelming at times. I was honestly the best working manager along side the store manager. I never had days off. I never gotten weekends off. I was there all times of the night. I barely gotten any sleep. Dealing with the customers could get a bit shaky at times due to the area a lot of individuals seem to want discounts on items I couldn't do due to my store manager's say so.
not the best place to work at
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), hereford txMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great customers
Cons: horriable management
the management is not the best, horriable hours, i was there for a whole year no bonus no higher pay, my coworkers were lazy not the best ones, no one worked as a team
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 27, 2015
Loved working here. Amazing summer job or first job for any teenager and/or young adult. Had a blast interacting with co-workers and customers!
Ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Livonia, LAMarch 27, 2015
It was a nice work place but the management in that district is horrible. I wouldn't work there again,but it was a nice learning experience.
Learning better customer service.
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Bay City, MIMarch 26, 2015
There is A lot to be learned daily at Family Dollar. You never know what to expect from day to day. The hardest part of the job is that know one takes there job the way they should.
Constant pace environment requiring team work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMarch 26, 2015
Duties;
Constantly moving between running the front of house, and back of house, covering breaks and/or lunches, daily/weekly/monthly calenders/to do lists. Constant email between corporate/upper management on various matters. Hiring/training of new employees or re-training current employees, scheduling/payroll management. Unloading and stocking of shipments, inventory control.

I picked up a lot of better management mannerism from working with certain people within this company, which I feel made me a stronger leader because I knew what I was talking about. I also have to say that team work is a very big thing for this company because of the high paced environment and physical requirements of the job.
Fast pace workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers.
Cons: Employees unwilling to work.
Typical day at work was satisfying customers. I learned how to manage employees and help keep inventory under control. The management which was at this location is no longer working for this company. My co-workers helped me to learn the do's and don'ts of this position (Store Manager). The hardest part of the job was finding the time to hold store meetings without employees having overtime. The most enjoyable part of this job was working on the computer and satisfying customers.
was asst mgr for a month
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), oneonta, nyMarch 26, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the work and customers
Cons: worked many 12 hour shifts
asst mgr for a month, worked all kinds of hours but the mgr was demoted to asst mgr and I lost my job but enjoyed the retail part of it and meeting the customers
na
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), dallasMarch 25, 2015
wasn't a safe environment, the manager smoked, the employees were lazy.. didn't get to take any breaks.customers often gave fake money.
good employer
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pueblo, COMarch 24, 2015
good employer and fun to work for. worked Christmas season. Easy to work for and fun environment. I have nothing more to say
Enjoyed it while it lasted
Customer service (Former Employee), Flint MiMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Ok hours
Cons: Job security
Its a OK job hours was a OK , real flexible about my schedule. Lot of favoritism. Co- workers was OK to get along with the most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks. Very low volume store was slow most of the time
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMarch 23, 2015
I was able to use al of my management skills in the work place. With my great communications skills, I was always able to help our customers find what they need fast and got them in and out.
was a very busy place to work
Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed this job because I stayed busy. You have to be a patient person because sometimes the customers are rude and you really need good customer service.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, help with communication skills, learn how to run a store properly
Cons: no cons
got along with most co-workers, ill say the hardest part of the job was dealing with a lazy co-worker.for the most part the job was simple.My manager was laid back but still liked to get work work dong and more. I learned how to manage a store properly, close and open up a store.A typical day at work was relaxing for the most part,register make sure cashiers know how to run the register as i do stock and unload truck. when work is being done i think for me is the most enjoyable part of the job.
it was a good job
assistant manager (Former Employee), Berea, KYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: it was a friendly place
Cons: the district manager was mean
i started out being hired to help open the store in berea KY in 1998 i quickly worked my way from cashier to assistant manager to store manager duties included run the cash register , ordering store items and supplies, deposits , bank runs unloading trucks , stocking
Productive workplace
Sales associate, Greet and assist customers (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NcMarch 23, 2015
It is a great company to be employed with. I learned more about customer service and being able to multitask. Being able to work at a fast pace. Assisting customers with merchandise and making sells. The management was great and we all worked as a team to make the day successful.
Stepping Stone
Cashier (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMarch 23, 2015
Pros: co workers/ experience
Cons: healthcare, poor management
Family Dollar was my first job and it gave me a lot of good experience. It was challenging sometimes and a lot of hard work was Involved in the duties but overall I learned a lot.
As a District manager You are the boss.
District Manager (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: company car, lunches paid by employer.
Cons: no direction by current supervisors. regional and divisonal driven by suprise, got you visits.
Each district operation was only as good as the district leader. As a district manager we were able to operate your own schedule. Manage your staff, while following company guides. Company continued to grow, so a priority was development of future personnel.
Shrink and profit control is also high on the priority list. Thirty plus years of service is reflective of the job accomplished.
horrible company
Assistant Manager at Family Dollar (Former Employee), Palmetto, FLMarch 22, 2015
3rd worst company in the world to work for, pretty much explains it.My boss was very unappreciative of all the work i did daily.
Very calm work enviroment
HR Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: open environment, friendly
Cons: heath care expenses were too high
Handles about 30 calls per day. Utilized call center experience to create an efficient call flow. My coworkers and training staff was very helpful and information across the board was consistant

1 2 3 4 5

About Family Dollar

Family Dollar is one of the fastest growing discount store chains in the United States. The merchandising strategy that drives – Read more

Family Dollar Salaries