Family Dollar Employee Reviews

Found 8,966 reviews matching the search
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Immokalee, FLSeptember 17, 2017
I liked the job just relocated at the time being .manger was OK no problem with him .loved my co-workers and also job was only part-time we were just clearing outvone store and putting another one together they were relocating from where the other location was.
Relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 17, 2017
Relaxed place to work meet new people be a part art of something.pay is good getting paid weekly is better.managemenr isn't to strict and knows how to treat workers.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santee, SCSeptember 17, 2017
It just didn't work for me because I moved. I would have stayed but I felt it was time for me to go. The mangers we all great to work with. I enjoyed my time while I was there.
Not a good place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Evart, MISeptember 17, 2017
Had very little hours. Had to run register, clean store and stock with very little help from store manager. Didn't get paid very much an hour. Would get held at for stuff that happens on my days off.
A great workplace for people that likes small town
Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Pryor, TXSeptember 17, 2017
When you first get there you need to clock in and then count thee money in the register. You are able to start off your day. My manager or assistant manager would let me know what I would need to put away or fix for that day.
manager bi polar
Cashier, (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXSeptember 17, 2017
company seemed ok but the manager was bi polar and did not like me. inconsistent scheduling, would decide I was not working when I showed up on time for my scheduled shift.
horrible pay for slave work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2017
they refuse to pay you even if you have experience then they want you to be a slave everything about this job sucks i wouldn't recommend this job to a homeless person
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
everything
Its a ok place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsland, GASeptember 16, 2017
Family dollar would be a great place to work if they would treat there employees a little better then they do as far as pay and getting hours some days are good and some days you won't to kill some one it can be very stressful at times
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no hours, treat you like nothing
way i feel
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSSeptember 16, 2017
Bad job and its not worth working at. The pay is terrible , store always messed, and it has poor management. They need to increase the wages for sure because 8.50 an hour is not any money.
fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 16, 2017
extremely beautiful on the inside, neat and well colored coordinated, nice workers, great area, not a long wait, the workers are very helpful, respectful, love their work, will highly recommend others to go here
Stressful and underpaid
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, MASeptember 16, 2017
Very stressful to work their, low compensation, advancement opportunities presented but not worth it for low pay raise and high added responsibilities. Normal day was signing into cash register and balancing money, then taking care of customer transactions and trying to juggle that while stocking items on shelves was very stressful..
Cons
Stressful, low compensation, hard to manage customer rushes and still get all other tasks done as theres o
amazing work environment
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 16, 2017
My shift always started out great,I had regular customers and they loved seeing me and vice versa! The pay was alright due to working many hours but it wasn't worth it in the end whenever it came down to my child getting sick and was told not to bother coming in if I couldn't work my shift while I was calling in to tell management that I wouldn't be able to make my shift. other than that I enjoyed working there! I just wish I didn't lose my job over my son being sick.
Pros
no breaks
Cons
pay was alright due to working so many hours
I loved my job at Family Dollar
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Laona, WISeptember 16, 2017
I loved my job at Family Dollar. It wasn't until the new manager took over that everything went down hill.
My duties were to run the register, stock shelves, fill in when the manager wasn't there, open and close the store, paper work, unload the truck, check in vendors.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to my customers.
Pros
pay
Cons
manager
Terrible management, terrible working conditions, no holiday pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madera, CASeptember 16, 2017
Holiday pay would be great. Being allowed to get paid overtime would also be great. Management also needs lots of improvement. Working conditions also need a lot of work.
poor oprating service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etowah, TNSeptember 15, 2017
This company would benefit from hiring more people paying better wages and getting everyone onboard with team meetings. There is way to much put on the manager and never enough help to get everything complete.
good work envirment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHSeptember 15, 2017
no hour available and no consistency in your schedule, nice friendly people easy to work with,easy work with flexible breaks and responsibilities, would make a good temporary job
Pros
friendly people
Cons
no hours
Productive and fun
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  NCSeptember 15, 2017
It is having a very good and excellent working environment.The clients are very good and coperative enough to fix the issues quickly in the application.
great place to work
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2017
great place to work and great managers and people are very nice. Great pay family dollar is a staple company. would recommend it to other people. Safe environment.
Great place to work as long as you're flexible
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZSeptember 15, 2017
You need to be flexible, fast paced and energetic. Its fun, the customers are always nice and the employees are great. You need to be able to multi-task.
Pros
Fast paced and busy
Nice place to advance quickly
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed the work, and with a little hard work and initiative I was afforded three raises in 2 years. The hours were plentiful at first but started to average less as corporate cut the store budget. All in all a fine establishment to work for.
Pros
Advancement oppurtunities
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Dollar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9