Family Dollar
3,797 reviews

Family Dollar United States Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2015
Cons: Short Breaks
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and getting to know each customer likes and dislikes. I also enjoyed making my customers smile even if they walked in with a frown.
A fast-pace customer service job
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 24, 2015
An ordinary day at Family Dollar included providing great customer service by providing customers with information about products being sold in the store, checking them out in a swiftly manner and making sure they felt welcomed when walking in the store. I also made sure the upkeep of the store is up to part. I learned how to do urls, detail the store properly, and open and close the store. I worked with the managers and co-workers as a team. I almost no difficulty in the job. The most enjoyable part of my job were my customer. I love assisting my customers and making myself available to their every need!
very buisy
cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2015
Pros: i made my job fun
Cons: my coworkers were lazy.
It seemed as if i was the only employee with a heart that worked ther they were rude to customers. i as told i was the nicest young lady who worked there i felt bad but happy that i was able to change the outlook on most of the customers.
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Savannah, GaApril 23, 2015
Everyday i do the same thing i did the day before. One day I might be on the cash register that whole day. The next day I might be on the floor doing recovery and the cash register back and forth. I learn how to keep my peace and stay calm when there's an angry customer. Management is very good. My co-workers are very nice and caring. It's like we are a family they cheer each other up and we work together. My most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the smiles on the customers face and they tell me i brighten up their day.
New learning experience, allowing me to use my skills & learn more
Customer service (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 22, 2015
A typical work day was a new and exciting experience. I was able to learn new skills that would further help me excel in other jobs and a stable in the future. I managed to take over when a actual manager was not there at the time. I was considered a trainer. My co-workers were friendly and out going and was willing to help out any time needed. The hardest part of the job was balancing out school and work. The most enjoyable part of the job was [pretty much everything. I enjoyed it a lot.
family doller review environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Park Forest, ILApril 22, 2015
Easy job almost as 1-2-3 nice co workers hard working managers organized business and environment hardest part of the job dealing with rude customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Clifton, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: The management
Cons: No advancement
If you like a fast paced job this is the place to be. The customers are great.
The management are helpful and friendly and the staff are great to work with.
Fun work place and a lot of responsibilities
Cashier (Current Employee), West RoxburyApril 22, 2015
Pros: Holiday pay
Cons: low pay for assistant managers
I love my job. I love the environment. I love the people. I love the co-workers. The only thing that I do not appreciate is that I make the same amount of money (as a manager) as a cashier. Other than that, Everything is awesome.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Chateaugay, NYApril 21, 2015
It was a fun environment. We all got along and got our stuff done every day. This place has the best management I have ever seen.
Stressful, uncomfortable environment. Full of Liars
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Smyrna, GaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Everything else
I will never go back to Family Dollar. The District Manager & Some Store Managers were very unorganized & messy. Everyone gossip & slander names if you don't try to be a part of their clique. The Managers, District Manager, & some Assistant Manager's were all acquaintant with each other somehow prior to employment, how ironic! I was overworked, no days off, stayed overnight, gave full commitement & dedication while being lied on, disrespected, & couldn't recieve the pay I was worth vs. the "ex-husband's grandchild" & "secret friend" who done whatever they want & still recieved pay raises & more. I had to leave before I lost it.
Fun Learning work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Detroit, MIApril 21, 2015
Fun and productive workplace with great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Navarre, FLApril 21, 2015
They were confident in skills, eager to work with challenges provided, flexible with their scheduling, and dependable. The co-workers kept life interesting and a reason to come to work.
A very fast paced retail outfit with always something to do.
Manager (Former Employee), Newark NJ 07102April 21, 2015
Pros: I was the store manger I made the schedule to balance my budget and my days off.
Cons: I wish they had better healthcare at the time of my employment.
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store, counting the preceding days sales and depositing it in the bank. I learned every aspect of the job as required cashiering,unloading of truck shipments, stocking of merchandise, cycle counts, inventory, customer service. I thought all of the job was hard because I wore so many hats inside of the store. I enjoyed my experience with the company because i was able to learn so much.
Okay
Customer Service Representative/Clerk (Former Employee), Leland, NCApril 20, 2015
I learned a lot working at Family dollar
Management was okay. It could have been better.
I really didnt associate with my co-workers unless it was work related. The hardest part of the job was the lifting of the heavy boxes and having management talking down to me in front of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with many different types of people.
Very fast paced working environment!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), OKApril 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedualing
Cons: Close to home!
This was a very fast paced working environment. Keeping up with inventory was sometime very hard on the physical body and changed constantly due to the convenience of the items we sold. Management was very supportive, but changed often. Location was great and it was a friendly environment.
nice work palce
Remodel Crew (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYApril 20, 2015
this job was alsome i had to remoding the family dollar. you had to have alot of team work in this job. we worked all togther and job the job done. the hardest part was taken down shelfs and puting more up
Excellent company to work for, good environment.
Cashier - Greet (Current Employee), Ogden, UTApril 20, 2015
My co-workers and my manager are very fun to be around. I enjoy going to work with them. The store is very well managed. Always staying busy.
Productive atmosphere for Manager Training
District Manager Assistant/Store Trainer (Current Employee), dayton, ohioApril 19, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: No work/life balance, salary base 48 hrs work 70-80
Typical day is store manager opening store alone and working until afternoon alone overseeing all store responsibilty and customer satisfaction. No balance. Long hours just to get things done and low payroll
Wonderful
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 19, 2015
The staff was always nice and patient. Everyday thet taught me something new. my co workers made working fun. The hardest part really was when there would be alot of customers at once but i was able to handle it with the support of my co workers
fun place to work, alot of incentives
Store Manager/Training (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 19, 2015
Pros: serving the public
Cons: paperwork
I loved working for Family Dollar. I worked there for almost 9 years. I had a lot of regular customers that used to come in. I really enjoy helping customer and taking care of there needs. We had one mandatory sidewalk sale a year but we used to have these all the time, we would rent popular costumes or if it was Easter we would have the Easter bunny costume or x-mas we would have santa suit, we really enjoyed it customers and employees.

About Family Dollar

Family Dollar is one of the fastest growing discount store chains in the United States. The merchandising strategy that drives – Read more

Family Dollar Salaries