Family Dollar Employee Reviews

Found 6,726 reviews matching the search
No type of benefits, they constantly accuse everybody
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 13, 2017
No benefit, you will not achieve nothing when it comes to moving forward. The managers are not willing to pay, the district managers are very disrespectful. They do not know how to communicate with their employees.
Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 13, 2017
Great company to work for I just grew up in health care an would like to get back into it! Also if your not a store manager it's hard to get 40 hours an I need 40 hours! Other than that great to work for I have nothing bad to say about family dollar.
Vvvvgg
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Bbhgxbv you want me to see the movie and you saying run away and the money to pay the ticket to go out to be funny to see the new job is going on with the
Overall a decent job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJanuary 12, 2017
Family Dollar is a good place to work on a daily basis for part time work. Management was okay but left a lot to be desired. I enjoyed interacting with the customers. I learned how to use a cash register because I had never worked retail before this job. My co workers were very professional with the exception of a select few, the hardest part of the job was dealing with an unsatisfied customer and the best part of the job was dealing with satisfied customers.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no breaks
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Good place to work. It's a good environment to be at. Customer service is easy to catch on to, and stock room management is easyt to do as well. Cashiering is also a good part of the job.
I was a young single work-a-holic!
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I was at Family Dollar store every single day and I opened and closed the store regularly. I was probably the hardest working manager they had in Raeford.
A very fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Assistant Manager at this retail store where I handled returns, bank drop offs, money exchange, write ups, audits, merchandise delivery and restocking, as well as opening and closing the store.
Cons
Short breaks, corporates lack of concern for workers and personal time.
they taketh away
Order filler and repack stocker (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 12, 2017
In the 2 years of employment with them I Watched every benefit of the job disappear within the 1st 6 months. It literally became to expensive to work there
Okay place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sinking Spring, PAJanuary 12, 2017
This place is a good place to work . It is laid back , but they usually do not give you full time . My advice is just to find something else while you work here .
a good place to work
Cashier & Stock Personnel (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 12, 2017
I worked there for about a year-and-a-halfstuffed shells brand new truck stock freezer shovel snow swept the floors did a little bit of everything wherever you need me to do I was there
Fun place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed working at family dollar it just doesn't pay enough to support a family. I enjoyed changing mods and unloading trucks I enjoyed the people I worked with and modt of all I enjoyed my customers. Most were regulars!
Pros
Loved the company the customers the job
Cons
Very low pay
Good job, corporate not good
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlinton, WVJanuary 12, 2017
I love this job and the people that I work with. The only bad thing is Corporate. They expect the impossible. They cut payroll/hours but give more work to do. It's a breeze if your a cashier but management has a lot on their shoulders. You do your job, plus everyone else's. They give you the minimum hours required for the store to run in payroll but give you double the work. The work and hours don't match up.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short/no breaks, not a lot of hours unless your management
Easy work great bosses
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNJanuary 12, 2017
It's an okay job. The pay is low. And corporate always changes things. I had two amazing bosses. I was fed the idea that I was going to get promoted and I never did and I wasted my time on that. I made a life long friendship with the other cashier. There is a lot of dramatic people that come in and like to talk so your pretty much a part time therapist. It was an alright first time job. But it's not for people with anxiety.
Pros
Coworkers are pretty chill 30 minute break bosses are pretty flexible with scheduling
Cons
Customers are awful at times low pay corporate is always changing things
Good workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Maquoketa, IAJanuary 11, 2017
Unload pallets and stock shelves. Keeping track of the work you have done. Management was good. Co-Workers were good. Breaks were the most enjoyable time.
The worse to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 11, 2017
I suggest if you work here be prepared to work two jobs. Family dollar does not provide enough hours and your paycheck is going to be disappointing. Working here is not enough to provide for one person. Family dollar expect you to work holidays and every hoilday. If you're not a manger or assist manager you don't get any holiday pay or vacation time if you are not full time. as a gift for Christmas they give you a family dollar gift card. This company does not care about thier employees at all. Working at family dollar is just being a victims. The pay so low I only recommend working here if you get a social security check and need an extra income.
Pros
Cons
Eveverything
not many hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2017
assisting and helping guest on a daily basis and kept store clean and fully stocked with all the niceties that the store required
Pros
flexable schdule
Cons
no hours
productive and, fun workplace with room for advancements.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 11, 2017
I love working at family dollar.
very fast paced, hard working people with this company.
I love everything about my job.
Pros
co workers.
Cons
raises.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Customers are lovely, cashiers are great , good with money and management is awesome! GreAt experience! Retail, stock, being neat tought me alot more then i need to know
nice job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed all my customers. went at my own pace loved meeting the new people. work place was good and full of laughter. its always nice to make other smile and help the, enjoy the rest of their night.
Productive ,fun and fast enviroment
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Very stressful environment while enjoying customer service , meeting new people and working as team. A typical day a work can be very busy with many task at hand.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Minimum breaks, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Dollar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9