Family Dollar
4,055 reviews

Family Dollar Employee Reviews

LONG DAYS
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKJune 16, 2015
TERRIBLE STORE, COULD NOT WORK ENOUGH HOURS A DAY TO CLEAN UP THE MESS LEFT BEHIND. MEETING NEW PEOPLE WAS ALWAYS FUN, BUT THE STORE WAS JUST SO DIRTY, AND I DID NOT LIKE THE SAFE BEING OUT IN THE OPEN IN SUCH A RUN DOWN PART OF TOWN.
Very productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 16, 2015
I loved this job. my co-workers were very respectful. The most enjoyable part of working there is leaving the customers with a smile on their face.
managment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Grandy, NCJune 16, 2015
I worked for Family Dollar for 1 year, in 3 different locations. at my last location the store manager was extremely rude to the customers, so much so that they requested that she be released from that title. She did not follow corporate rules as far as scheduling go, and family dollar has the open door policy. When trying to use that open door policy I was completely ignored by not only my Store Manager, but my District manager as well as the Regional Manager. I had contacted my Human Resources Dept and unfortunately nothing was resolved. Ultimately after sacrificing a year of my life I chose to leave the company and start fresh. To anyone that may be interested in the Assistant Store Manager position, I would keep looking for other employment. In that position you will be overlooked and ignored.
Very Friendly People
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2015
From the first day I was employed with this company only positive things have happened. I was always happy to work with my fellow colleges.
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Brandon, MSJune 15, 2015
A typical day at family dollar is running the register and stocking. I also recover any aisles that may need it. I enjoy my management team and also my co-workers.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 15, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours
A typical day was busy
What I learned was how to budget payroll
I was the GM
My co workers were great
The hardest part about my job was inventory prep
The most enjoyable thing about my job was the monthly managers meeting
ok
CHASIER (Former Employee), norfolk vaJune 15, 2015
an ok job didn't really like the hours or the management! A lot of favoritism was going on in that location!! but a job is a job I did my responsibilities the best I could.
A nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TnJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good Management
Cons: They offered some benefits.
Family Dollar was a nice place to work. The company allowed chances for advancement. The employees that I worked with were nice and always worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2015
I believe the hardest part about working at family dollar is having to deal with some ignorant customers and the thieves.
good workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Farmerville, LAJune 12, 2015
good work environmetn, good people , not much room for growth,need more pay and better benefits,does not pay well enough to support family alone
Typical day at work
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: I learn how to be a cashier
Cons: N/A
I come in the morning and i put merchandise on the shelves and make the store look presentable. When a customer is at the counter, I greet them and cash them out. I really enjoyed my time at Family Dollar because i met a lot of different people and I got to know them by them coming to the store frequent because of my customer service skills. I also clean up at the end of the day so that in the morning there would not be so much hard work to do.
Productive yet Unorganized workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 12, 2015
Pros: The weekly pay
Cons: No Lunch break only upon request
Family Dollar was not the best job. The managers did their jobs correctly but the Assistant Managers never really work to the best of their ability. Although the cashiers seemed to work harder then the Assistants on some days.
Building Family Dollar
Store Builder (Former Employee), Patterson, GAJune 12, 2015
I was only part of the building crew that put together the Family Dollar here in Patterson, Ga. I was no kept after the store had its grand opening. I did not associate with any management, or any of the workers at the store.
loved my job
Store Manager (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 12, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: Hours are short
The company is a good company its just a little tit with money as far as in its stores. Benefits are GREAT and the pay is good so if you get a Manager you are all set in this company!!!!!!
n/a
Cashier/Stock Personnel (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2015
I experienced a wider range in showing my customer service skills at this job. The overall experience was a good one. The full year that I was working at Family Dollar was a good experience.
awesome work environment
Stocker/Freight (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: great pay, great environment, and great team
Cons: some places where way too far to drive
It was an awesome work environment with TPG STAFFING. Having a crew of members who are all team players only makes the job much more easier...
Physically demanding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Streator, ILJune 11, 2015
Cons: Climate control!!! To hot in the building during the summer.
The hardest part of the job is the physical work. I am constantly putting freight away. The store is always HOT in the summer and FREEZING in the winter.

The best part of my job is I am able to work independently. There are only 1 or 2 people working at a time every day so I am able to manage myself. That being said...I am responsible for getting everything done that has to be done. There are not enough hours in the day!
Fun to coworkers
CSR (Former Employee), Fairplay, COJune 11, 2015
my co-coworkers and managers where fun to be around. A typical at work was facing shelves and running the register. The hardest part of the job would have been the days when I would have to unload the truck on my own.
Interesting day at work
Cashier, Stock, Customer Service (Former Employee), DetroitJune 11, 2015
typical day at work can be unexpected different things happen .
I learn new things everyday working there. My co-workers are cool people. I enjoy being there.
Manager (Former Employee), Vernon, KYJune 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
alot of hours...very hard work sometimes unloading trucks and stocking...making schedules and making bank deposits........

About Family Dollar

Family Dollar is one of the fastest growing discount store chains in the United States. The merchandising strategy that drives – Read more

Family Dollar Salaries