FAMILY ENDEAVORS, INC. Employee Reviews

Do not care about their workers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
There is a lot of bad things happening especially with managers. All they did was gossip. When you reported things that was going on, they did not do anything about it instead it would get worse. One manager stated she doesn't like certain types of people and she would bully her workers when they said she was in the wrong. This place treats their workers like trash because they are replaceable. This company favorite line to their workers Texas is an at will state.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Gossiping and Bullying Managers, the executive director and ceo are no help
Unprofessional
Monitor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
I worked at FFL Lodge. The clients run the show at this place. There needs to be more structured for the mother's. The front office did not know what they were doing acted clueless when asked a questions.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Bullying by Management and Site Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 4, 2017
Salary is great but the stress dealing with Management will make you resign or do your job poorly. Bullying and Harassment in the workplace from Management and they won't do anything because they are best friends or family. They talk about chain of command but again you can't talk with other Management because they are friends. I recommend you stay to yourself, don't trust anyone, and do your job.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bullying and Harassment by Site Manager and Management
Very relaxed and supportive environment
Outreach Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 23, 2017
I really enjoyed my employment with Family Endeavors. Management was readily available to listen to suggestions, coworkers were kind and supportive. It felt like a little family more so then the typical work space. The hardest part of the job for me was staying focused on the duties of my specific job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily freedom to go out and actually look for veterans who were in need of assistance.
Pros
Freedom to go almost anywhere to look for veterans in need.
Cons
Limitations that disqualify those in real need.
Horrible
case manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 12, 2017
Policies and procedures protect the worst staff. Staff come in at all times of hours. Manager is never in the office in Tx. Always gone. Can never get what I need. People who know nothing seem to be put in position while other competent workers quit or are booted out..Crazy place to work with little encouragement from San Antonio office.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Great Pay, Great People, Great Experience
Direct Care Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2017
The money is awesome... free hotels.... free meals... meet new people and enjoy making a difference! I loved working here and felt like I was apart of something special. Workplace culture was very enjoyable.
Most are mission oriented
OIS (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 7, 2017
For the most part there are some good people there that are really there to complete the mission while others keep up drama! HR doesn't support Management. HR allows gossiping within the offices and goes by the words of the people that are on Disciplinary Actions. This type of environment is toxic.
Pros
Helping our Veterans
Cons
Poor Human Resource
work place productive
Outreach and Intake Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2017
The work place and workers were great to work with, management was unprofessional at times which made it difficult. However the mission to help homeless Vets and families was awesome. The company have great potential to be a overall great company. However they need to watch their management more closely, because they can single handling ruin the companies name. Other that I will still recommend someone to work there.
I was blessed to have great managers and supervisors
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 26, 2017
Enjoyed working with children and the staff I worked with was amazing. Tough hours but pay was great. I would definitely work for them again. The care and respect given to these kids was rewarding. Applied for different positions and still waiting for response.
Pros
food included, pay was good
Cons
hours are tough, and no health benefits
Poor management
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2017
The pay and job itself were great but as far as management, it wasn't so great. There was lots of overtime which was fine with me but may not be for everyone
Very Great Place to Work.
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
It was an awesome experience working with the associates, and management members of this company. Wish i could have kept going longer in this field, and would love to continue, or even find full time jobs associated with this great company
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Favortisim
They are a very great company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2017
I could not have worked for a better company when it comes to taking care of Children . They make sure the kids have the very best of care. They do what ever they can to make the kids feel love until they can get back to their fmily
Pros
They pay for everything when it comes to the children
Love it
Unit manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2017
Family endeavors is a great company to work for, you wont regret it! They love to help people who are in need and thats what I love about this organization.
buen ambiente de trabajo
Direct Care Staff (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 11, 2017
Es un buen lugar para trabajar, dan bastantes horas cuando tienes una asignación y el pago es bueno.
Pros
muchas horas extras
Cons
no es un empleo permanente
I enjoyed the workplace.
Direct Care Staff (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2017
The typical day starts with management updating us on changes that are occurring on a daily basis. It is a place where you learn to value and appreciate all the things we have.
Pros
free room and board
Cons
away from the family
Awesome place to work at
Disaster Case Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Observing staff and children while in therapy. Managers are very easy going. Workplace is very nice and cool. I enjoyed every minute with the children and teaching them.
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I really enjoy working for Family Endeavors, it has been a great experience for me. The pay is great, & it has been a very humbling experience. This job has taught me to appreciate life even more.
Pros
Great pay, provided lunches
Cons
Hotel Arrangements
Challenging, can be rewarding if you can remain focused on assisting the Veterans
SSVF Casemanager (Former Employee) –  FORTWORTHDecember 26, 2016
A typical work day is long and repetitive engagement, management ( leadership team), is unsupportive, judgemental, lack supervisory insight, personal agedas, that lead to constant staff turnover. Leadership lacks compassion, empathy, has unrealistic expectations of support staff. Support staff coworkers hard to build relationships because of constant turnovers. Interactions between various departments are discouraged. Don't expect to ve there very long, most don't last a year. I wouldn't recommend this agency if yoy are ethical, and pursuing secure employment.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
No autonomy, poor leadership, large staff turnover, long hours, documentation heavy
Family oriented and minimal stressful enviroment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2016
Working at family endeavors is great, everyone is very helpful and friendly and the company is family oriented and makes sure everyone has the support they need in anyway possible
Family Endeavors
Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I loved my job helping Veterans get from homeless to being housed with jobs. The family counseling was amazing to watch it work. My team was amazing, its a very rewarding job.