Family Express Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 1, 2017
Honestly worst job you could ever ask for. The owner is a dumbo and his three sons aren't much better! Stay away unless you feel like constantly getting attacked by people. They talk about culture and welcoming people but that culture is out the window after about a week of being there. OH also they're really good to your face but don't let that fool you because they'll turn on you in less than a minute. Also you can't get a bigger raise than 3 percent unless the owner says it's okay...
Pros
They didn't care how much money they wasted.
Cons
Pay sucked. Atmosphere sucked. Gus Olympidis.
This place is a joke!
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 30, 2016
Worked in the bakery for a year, no write ups, no complaints. Just did my job and kept my head down. Finally went to management about an incident that had been occurring for a month, using the open door policy. Was yelled at by management and the next day was handed termination papers after filling in for a call off. Papers said "Not a cultural fit". Co workers were fine, its just the management, who does nothing but smoke and sit in the office. Easy job if you can flirt your way into keeping it.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
What a terribly depressing place to work.
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 21, 2015
I would recommend not applying to the help desk job. Instead you could take a road trip, pay someone to tell you your stupid, and eat convenience store food. Yes you would lose money and not have a job, but you would accrue the same wear and tear on your car, you wouldn't have to take the abuse your supervisors give you no matter what the reason is, and have a similar diet (unless you bring your own meal, which is sort of frowned upon).
Pros
Cheap meals, decent pay
Cons
everything else
Excellent
Baker (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMay 15, 2015
The management at Family Express was very considerate. The managers were very understanding of my personal life. Almost everyday the CEO would walk around the main floor, and try to greet every employee.
Pros
Environment
Productive and Fun work environment
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 9, 2015
I never had friends at least real friends throughout my childhood and education. All of the friends I have now, I met through Family Express Corporation. These friends include 8 men and women that I love with all my heart and they are all truly irreplaceable. I consider them more than best friends. They are part my family. There is not one experience that could be explained with 20 words.
Pros
Freindship, loyalty, and trust
Cons
Left company before recieving promotion for management
Great Company
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Valpo, IndianaApril 6, 2015
Awesome culture! Great company to work for. High expectations which will drive you to do your best. Opportunities to work in the field and in the office.
A pretty decent place to work
Senior Sales Associate and Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INMay 22, 2014
A typical day at work is constantly working with customers and building relationships with them. I've actually done more teaching there than so much learning too much. Management there is decent. I really enjoy my co-workers. The job is not very difficult at all. I really enjoy the interactions with customers.
Run away don't just walk.
Manager (Former Employee) –  ValparaisoMarch 3, 2014
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Get promoted one day do the best anyone has ever done at that store and yet still get demoted after they use you to fill in at another store they promise to give you. Management is a joke especially since the next generation is starting to run things...Seen people get fired just because one of the sons wanted a job someone else was holding...Like I said run.
Great environment.
Sanitation Leader (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INNovember 6, 2013
Cleaning and Sanitation of a bakery. Cleaning, mopping floors. Hardest part of my job is schedule. I work 2-10 pm. Most enjoyable part of my day is seeing what a good job I did at cleaning the bakery and as I did that I helped others get their jobs done as well.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Very aggressive growing company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  ValparaisoMarch 19, 2013
Enjoyed time spent at this growing/progressive company. The rest of information on daily activities can be found in my resume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Express Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Family Express Corporation Reviews by Location