Family Eye Physicians Employee Reviews in United States

No team work here!
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Typical duties of Ophthalmic Technician. The owner of practice is unethical, morally dispicable. Technicians are young and inexperienced. If you are a patient there you are most likely not being seen by a certified medical doctor. This is a teaching facility and the doctor signs off on EVERYTHING without checking. 90% of the people seen are on public aide and are therefore shuffled through like "cattle", their needs being unmet. If you do not care about ethics and have no morals or values, this is the place for you. Otherwise STEER CLEAR!!!
Demanding, long hours required unnecessarily
Independent Contracted Billing Manager, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJuly 11, 2012
I would typically work 4-6 hours at home before going into the main office location to collect mail and payments for posting. I also worked many hours in the evenings and on the weekend.

I spent much of my time performing duties outside the scope of my contract which hampered my ability to perform my job duties without having to work an increasing number of hours as my tenure continued.

I felt a great deal of pride accomplishing goals and training other employees.
Pros
interaction with employees at various locations, close to home
Cons
disorganized, demanding, low morale, stressful
fun work place
Ophthalmic Tech/ Surgical coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJuly 12, 2012
I learned a lot in this practice
co-workers are awesome
typical day at work was fun and stressful
There was no harder part of the job as everyday was a challange for me
Pros
1 week vacation every 6 months
Cons
unpaid lunch brake

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Eye Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8