Family First Health Employee Reviews in United States

Unacceptable training
Nurse (Former Employee) –  York,PA.April 19, 2016
I will never recommend this place to anyone either to work or to receive care from. Only a handful of truly compassionate people work here. The training you receive is terrible,but you are expected to know what you are doing 3 weeks after you start there. Truly If you do not have insurance PLEASE find somewhere else to go. If you do need to be seen here don't expect a caring staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Terrible Training/ very little compassion from staff.
Save your time!
Staff (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 10, 2016
This is the worst place I have ever worked! They over work and under pay employees, the management is horrible, there's no consistency with anything (pay, training, discipline). Management telling employees that if they can get the medical director to like them then they will try to get the employee a raise, management calling staff bipolar and asking if they have taken their meds. This is discrimination and makes for a hostile work environment.
Cons
Discrimination, favoritism, low pay
A nice place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMarch 6, 2016
They are a good place to work overall and can provide great work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is having conversations with the patients and feeling accomplished at the end of the work day. The hardest part is when some of the patients are uncooperative, but it is still a pleasure to work something out.
lpn
LPN (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 28, 2016
great coworkers , but tranning for new commers , alot of gossip and lack of appercation for the empoyees. with better communcation and understanding ti would be outstanding
Very fun and exquisite work enviornment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARNovember 5, 2015
Simple tasks were filing papers, answering phone calls, and performing vital signs. The environment was very heart-felt and motivated.
Pros
being a helping hand
Cons
seeing patients sick
Patients and employees STAY AWAY
PATIENT (Former Employee) –  YORK PAFebruary 5, 2015
I was once a patient in the YORK facility and let me tell you what NEVER AGAIN... My PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION was released on more than 3 accounts WITHOUT my consent. When I spoke to management about it all they could say was "well mistakes happen" attitude.

There nurses constantly come and go. the are one of the LOWEST paid positions int he county for nursing. STAY AWAY people. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
loved the one dr but she left
Cons
managment
Nothing but smoke and mirrors
Staff (Former Employee) –  YorkAugust 6, 2014
I should've heeded the reviews. No money, no training, no advancement. A handful of nice coworkers...no more, no less! They present themselves one way until you are hired... Then you see the truth. I believe they lure you in with all the vacation days... But I don't think anyone lasts a year to collect them. I was told I may be too nice to work here...only they were wrong... Nice people should work in healthcare...75% of these people are too mean:) glad I have options!
Pros
not much
Cons
the most uncaring, unprofessional place i've ever encountered
A great place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 30, 2014
Not sure where these other reviewers were working. I loved working at Family First Health. I left due to a relocation, but definitely wish I was still working for them.
If I ever had issues, I took them to my supervisor and they were great about communicating with me and the person above them.
The pay was pretty good, but the benefits were awesome. All that vacation time!
If I was still living in York, I think that I could have moved up within the company by now.
They have people that plan fun things for employees, like picnics. I thought that was really nice.
Don't be scared by these reviews. I'd go back to this place in a second.
Pros
great communication, awesome benefits
Cons
pay could be a little better.
Seems like a nice place to work at first.. Don't be fooled..
Nurse (Former Employee) –  YorkMay 20, 2014
Management is HORRIBLE!! They make up their own rules as they go along and don't make any of the employees privy to them. There is an extremely high turnover with employees whether it be people getting terminated or voluntarily leaving. Until there is an entire overhaul in management, all the way up to the top, I would not even consider working here!! NOT an equal opportunity employer!!
Pros
i did receive a paycheck, as small as it was
Cons
most positions are "grant funded" so if ffh loses grant funding for your particular position, you lose your job.
A very interesting place to work with a co-operative atmosphere from staff as well as the Doctors.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 6, 2014
Very satisfying office to work . I did referrals.and supervision of the back office. Maintained efficient flow of patients. Maintained state records of immunizations and and also maintained the medical inventory. I attended meetings and committee membership as required. My co-workers were great and we worked as a team.The management cared for our patients and staff.
Pros
supervison experiance. feeling of accomplishment in helping with the wellness of patients.
Cons
stressful as the job required multi-tasking.
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAJanuary 8, 2014
A small 1 doctor office. I usually was in the front office I seen a lot of patients daily. The patients were pleased with the office and the doctor. Everyone who worked there was a great team player always helped out when needed when back office got behind someone always jumped in to help room patients. Management was very understanding and treated everyone the same. Hardest part of the job would have been getting used to how everything was done and how the doctor liked his equipment for different procedures and having to give babies there shots.
Do not work at family first health
Medical asst. (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 17, 2013
This place of employment needs to get their act together. Management is two faced and has vast lack of knowledge or management skills. If you enjoy being harassed on a daily basis by your co-workers this is the place for you. As a patient you better pray that you happen to get medical assist and /or doctor that is not high on something or having a "BAD" day. Please save your self time and effort DO NOT WORK HERE.
Cons
all of the above
Don't work here!!!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 24, 2015
Believe the reviews that say management mistreats its employees. They berate them and don't provide training and chew you out for every little mistake you make.
Cons
Can be a nice place to start after internship
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 13, 2013
I Loved working at Family First Health, due to the co-workers team effort in assisting the Physician in helping people. It was in the heart of York city, of which gave a diversity of culture to help.
Pros
family medicine, nice employees
Cons
no advancement oppportunities, management unstable
Management needs to get it together
unknown (Current Employee) –  york,paMarch 18, 2013
I want to love this job but I just can't from the lack of communication in management. The people are for the most part great to work with and I've learned a lot but we need to be all on one page as a team.
Pros
co-workers/helping patients
Cons
management needs to get it together/ high turnover rate
Not a bad place to work
Staff Educator/LPN (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 10, 2014
Varying tasks such as development, trainings.
Could have used the ability to recieve CEU or education outside of work.
The hardest ppart of the job was getting the buy-in of management when it came to quality.
Pros
great benefits, advancement possibilities
Cons
management support
Productive work atmosphere, fun and friendly!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of checking the schedules, checking patients in and out, while helping them anyway we could. I worked closely with my co-workers in assisting good friendly patient care.
adapt to challenges of changes, fun, team player
Clinical Support Staff/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 18, 2014
Making sure Quality Measures are met, went through many providers, and policy/procedural. educating patient are essential for understating of their health issues.
A place to be helped
Medical Records Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 24, 2014
This location provides clients with job placement assistance by gathering how well they can understand and perform they assigned task.
Pros
volunteer work
great learning experience