Family First Health Employee Reviews

Patient- Centered Community Health Center- Internship
Global Health Practicum Intern (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 13, 2017
From the moment I stepped foot into the doors of FFH I knew that the organization took pride in the work they do for the community. The employees and senior leadership value their work and support the mission of FFH. Each member of the team executes their job well and efficiently. The collaboration between workers and programs- medical, dental, behavioral health, NFP, care together- enables the care patients receive above average! Couldn't have asked for a better location for my internship, I will definitely be back!
Pros
Culture, Patient-Centered, Community Focused, Leadership
Great culture and mission
Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 13, 2017
A great mission to provide access to healthcare for rural and urban populations that may not generally have access. Good work/life balance; management is flexible and believes in growth and leadership development.
Pros
Good benefits
LPN and MA positions
Senior Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 24, 2017
LPN Co-Supervisors are accessible and available to their staff. They are "on the floor" training and assisting new and current staff on a daily basis. Work hours are never later than 7:00 PM and no weekends. Benefits are the best; 3 weeks vacation, 4 personal days and 6 sick days to start!
The Worst Place I Have Ever Worked At
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, PADecember 16, 2016
Do not recommend to patients or employees. Very unprofessional, unethical, dysfunctional environment, Managment do nothing if you have complaints or concerns. Abusive and toxic work environment. This has been the worst place I've ever worked at. Wish I would have read the reviews first before accepting a job from this place. Do not waist your time here.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Positive environment that fosters growth
Director of Quality and Compliance (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 6, 2016
In my time at Family First Health, the staff I have had the privilege of working with are those that truly want to be doing this work. They are mission focused and the most compassionate group of folks I have ever met. They are always reflecting on the impact that the work we do has on both the patients and the staff alike. FFH promotes growth from within and is always willing to engage those employees who have demonstrated that dedication to the organization. I couldn't think of a better place to work.
Pros
Growth from within, positive environment
Amazing mission driven work
Administration (Current Employee) –  York PADecember 6, 2016
This is the best place I have ever worked. Leadership is mission driven and vision oriented, which translates to all levels of staff. The work done here is important to the community and makes a difference in the lives of the patients it serves. Accountability is high but expectations are clear. Highly recommend to anyone looking to make a difference in this community.
Unacceptable training
Nurse (Former Employee) –  York,PA.April 19, 2016
I will never recommend this place to anyone either to work or to receive care from. Only a handful of truly compassionate people work here. The training you receive is terrible,but you are expected to know what you are doing 3 weeks after you start there. Truly If you do not have insurance PLEASE find somewhere else to go. If you do need to be seen here don't expect a caring staff.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Terrible Training/ very little compassion from staff.
Save your time!
Staff (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 10, 2016
This is the worst place I have ever worked! They over work and under pay employees, the management is horrible, there's no consistency with anything (pay, training, discipline). Management telling employees that if they can get the medical director to like them then they will try to get the employee a raise, management calling staff bipolar and asking if they have taken their meds. This is discrimination and makes for a hostile work environment.
Cons
Discrimination, favoritism, low pay
A nice place to work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMarch 6, 2016
They are a good place to work overall and can provide great work experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is having conversations with the patients and feeling accomplished at the end of the work day. The hardest part is when some of the patients are uncooperative, but it is still a pleasure to work something out.
Very fun and exquisite work enviornment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARNovember 5, 2015
Simple tasks were filing papers, answering phone calls, and performing vital signs. The environment was very heart-felt and motivated.
Pros
being a helping hand
Cons
seeing patients sick
productive workplace
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  hanoverJuly 19, 2015
you have the opportunity to help people that really need financial help when it comes to affording dental care. which is very rewarding since most of these people now have options to save their teeth.
Don't work here!!!!!!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 24, 2015
Believe the reviews that say management mistreats its employees. They berate them and don't provide training and chew you out for every little mistake you make.
Patients and employees STAY AWAY
PATIENT (Former Employee) –  YORK PAFebruary 5, 2015
I was once a patient in the YORK facility and let me tell you what NEVER AGAIN... My PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION was released on more than 3 accounts WITHOUT my consent. When I spoke to management about it all they could say was "well mistakes happen" attitude.

There nurses constantly come and go. the are one of the LOWEST paid positions int he county for nursing. STAY AWAY people. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
Loved the one Dr but she left
Cons
Managment
great learning experience
Clinical exp (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAOctober 16, 2014
in the Gettysburg office

great clinical experience

nice small office
Nothing but smoke and mirrors
Staff (Former Employee) –  YorkAugust 6, 2014
I should've heeded the reviews. No money, no training, no advancement. A handful of nice coworkers...no more, no less! They present themselves one way until you are hired... Then you see the truth. I believe they lure you in with all the vacation days... But I don't think anyone lasts a year to collect them. I was told I may be too nice to work here...only they were wrong... Nice people should work in healthcare...75% of these people are too mean:) glad I have options!
Pros
Not much
Cons
The most uncaring, unprofessional place I've ever encountered
A great place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 30, 2014
Not sure where these other reviewers were working. I loved working at Family First Health. I left due to a relocation, but definitely wish I was still working for them.
If I ever had issues, I took them to my supervisor and they were great about communicating with me and the person above them.
The pay was pretty good, but the benefits were awesome. All that vacation time!
If I was still living in York, I think that I could have moved up within the company by now.
They have people that plan fun things for employees, like picnics. I thought that was really nice.
Don't be scared by these reviews. I'd go back to this place in a second.
Pros
great communication, awesome benefits
Cons
pay could be a little better.
A place to be helped
Medical Records Technician/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 24, 2014
This location provides clients with job placement assistance by gathering how well they can understand and perform they assigned task.
Pros
Volunteer Work
Seems like a nice place to work at first.. Don't be fooled..
Nurse (Former Employee) –  YorkMay 20, 2014
Management is HORRIBLE!! They make up their own rules as they go along and don't make any of the employees privy to them. There is an extremely high turnover with employees whether it be people getting terminated or voluntarily leaving. Until there is an entire overhaul in management, all the way up to the top, I would not even consider working here!! NOT an equal opportunity employer!!
Pros
I did receive a paycheck, as small as it was
Cons
Most positions are "grant funded" so if FFH loses grant funding for your particular position, you lose your job.
adapt to challenges of changes, fun, team player
Clinical Support Staff/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 18, 2014
Making sure Quality Measures are met, went through many providers, and policy/procedural. educating patient are essential for understating of their health issues.
A very interesting place to work with a co-operative atmosphere from staff as well as the Doctors.
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMarch 6, 2014
Very satisfying office to work . I did referrals.and supervision of the back office. Maintained efficient flow of patients. Maintained state records of immunizations and and also maintained the medical inventory. I attended meetings and committee membership as required. My co-workers were great and we worked as a team.The management cared for our patients and staff.
Pros
supervison experiance. feeling of accomplishment in helping with the wellness of patients.
Cons
stressful as the job required multi-tasking.