Family Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

It's important to be cheerful and think about what needs the patients have.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 5, 2016
I answered phones, scheduled appointments, checked incoming faxes and electronic reports and filed them electronically or scanned to the medical record. I took messages for the doctor. I called patients to remind them about appointments. I stocked rooms with supplies and cleaned rooms. I sent faxes to pharmacies and other facilities. I filed insurance reports. I kept the sample closet neat and up-to-date.
I would not recommend working at FHC in Orangeburg to anyone
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 2, 2016
The job itself was enjoyable. The staff is fantastic and makes the place enjoyable. The patients are nice and I felt like I was actually helping patients in need. But the management is horrible. They changed my schedule with no notice, had me work longer hours than what was discussed, and had me covering as two providers because they are short staffed because the providers are constantly leaving and understandably so. I would not recommend to anyone to work here. Management has no concern for employee satisfaction, just the bottom number aka money coming in.
Pros
The employees are fantastic, made the job enjoyable
Cons
Management is horrific and treats employees as if they are disposable. High provider turnover rate
Worked with upset people all of the time
HEALTHCARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 3, 2016
Worked very long hours. No family work life balance. Management was unorganized. Typical day consisted of rooming Patients and working side by side with your Provider.
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 13, 2015
A typical day at work involves handling Directors of Facilities request. Reviewing office supply orders as well as reviewing medical supply orders. Co-workers are pleasant to work with.
Cons
Only one 30 minute break
great job
cma (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJNovember 5, 2015
i love to help people who are in need and keep them up to date with there health. I think i choose the best career for me as a medical assistant
Great Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 5, 2015
This was a very enlighten place to work. The staff and patients was very wonderful and I loved going to work there every day. Great place to learn and work.
Very Happy fast-pace enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 26, 2015
I love meeting new people,checking in patient on a day to day basis.Dealing with low-income families and being able to help them in any way
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
busy workplace
Some opportunity for growth
Perinatal Case Manager-Float (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2015
Micromanaged a bit on the plus side, but perhaps needed in a very large group. I did learn how to work with a very diverse group of people, and cultures. I did have the opportunity to work with a wonderful patient demographic as a breast cancer patient navigator allowing me to enrich my experience in outreach, public speaking/education, and social resources, and a bit of marketing. Management is lacking in communication and support. Several supervisors are right on the money and are absolutely wonderful. It only takes one to make a job difficult. Co workers usually have the same goal, and are all striving to meet a deadline. The hardest part of my current position is the lack of communication and the micro management and at times impossible expectations. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the patients and making a difference in their lives for the better , by providing education to them about their health condition. I believe that education is freedom in all aspects of life. Seeing that look of satisfaction and peace in my patient's eyes makes it all worth it.
Pros
Good health benefits and Paid time off
Cons
micromanagement
FHC was the first nursing owned company opened in California in 1991
General Partner (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAOctober 22, 2015
We took care of over 3,000 people in Eureka, CA and traveled to other counties to perform workplace injury prevention programs and health counseling. We also provided the community with a place to perform SART exams for law enforcement outside of an emergency room setting. We took care of a diverse population and sold this practice to Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange it is still in operation today as Health Care Medical Associates
Primary care
Family Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSSeptember 30, 2015
Typical day is 9am to 5PM.

My employer is a neurologist.I worked as a family practitioner
in the outpatient clinic.I was commuting to the job from
another location involving more than fifty miles.Fun work place with supportive management. I worked during 1997 and 1998.
great work experiences
Medical Administrative Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 9, 2015
it was great learning experiences it help me grow as a person. taught me valuable less on how to work as a team player. it is something that I will never forget
Pros
free heath care
Cons
getting deployed
stressfull
office assistant (Current Employee) –  washingtonAugust 25, 2015
would not work here again company is awful to work for buut the employees are wonderful. management tried to change everything about our compnany they just took over and i dont agree with any of it
family health center
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 14, 2015
Family health center is a great place to work . Family health center have all kinds of department for a person to work . I like working at family health center I learn have to do intakes
great
Certified Application Specialist/ACA (Current Employee) –  kalamazoo, miJuly 1, 2015
typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Experience at work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2015
It was a professional environment, good staffing, worked well with the team. The most enjoyable was the patient and nurse relationship. I learned x-ray and electronic billing. The hardest part of the job was assisting in minor surgeries.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Very educational place
Assist physicians (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 17, 2015
I loved this place! I learned a lot of new skills. I was able to help physicians, translate and learn how to do new procedures that will help in my future career.
Pros
healthcare, helping others
Not a bad place to work but can use some improvement in certain areas
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MiJune 15, 2015
Each day at work I insert paperwork into patient charts. Answer patient questions and concerns about their health information. Enjoy working with my coworkers, we have worked together for the past 7 years and work well together. There is a lot of change in our job but I have learned to adapt to it.
Pros
Enjoy my coworkers
Cons
No room for advancement
Fhcw
Team Lead RN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 14, 2015
difficult working environment, high stress, high patient demand, little advancement , no benefits for nursing education
Excellent place to gain experience
Bilingual Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 14, 2015
Family Health Center is an excellent place to gain experience if you are new to the health care industry. They have many opportunities to learn about different health care specialties.
Incredibly awesome company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 18, 2015
I had a blast working for these doctors. They had a fun office filled with laughter. We had an excellent group of employees, I loved training others and I loved the advancements in duties and responsibilities.

I hated leaving but we relocated to TX.
Pros
Medical benefits and the management team was awesome
Cons
NONE other than the day I moved away

Family Health Center Reviews by Location