Family Health Center Employee Reviews

Diversity
Team Lead Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 19, 2017
Is a diverse place to work very busy environment, i learned a lot about a lot of cultures and traditions.
the Hardest part dealing how busy the days get.
High paced, busy
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 19, 2017
Enjoyed our patients very much. Very fast paced. Enjoyed keeping busy at all times. Enjoyed interaction and learning about new products with numerous prescription drug reps.
Pros
Free lunches a few days of each week
Enjoying working with the people I work with.
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 14, 2017
The job I do is not bad but communication amongst the other departments need to be better. There are a lot of things that go on in this organization and it would be nice to be up to date on things that are happening.
Pros
nice people
benefits
stressful and competative
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXJune 12, 2017
Overall the MA's were very helpful. We would help each other out. But its the acting manager that is very unprofessional. The practice is very busy most of the time which I would like . It would make our days go by faster.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
favortism
A wonderful place to start but, don't stay!
Medical Assistant, Primary Care and Women's Health (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2017
This is a wonderful place to get skills but, not for long term employment as the pay is not well based on what you do for them. You can get your skills together but, you should move on.
Pros
Cons
alot
One of the BEST jobs I have had
MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 25, 2017
Loved pretty much everything about this company. I tried for along time to get on with them and when I did it was so worth the wait. However my family life took an unexpected turn and we relocated. I did drive back and forth for a while but then had to make the change completely which is why I resigned.
Pros
Very family oriented.
Cons
A little disorganized
Do not work here if Customer service isn't for you.
Bilingual Departmental Assistant Lvl II (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 22, 2017
Working in the reception areas is a very high-stress, fast-paced job. You are held to very strict standards and they are not always possible to meet when dealing with the public. Opportunities for advancement are few and far between and getting more than a 30 cent raise is uncommon.
Cons
Low pay, High Stress
Excellent place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 18, 2017
Would recommend work at Family Health Center. Very nice facility and excellent resources. Good teamwork and management. No hesitation is recommending FHC.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 16, 2017
Worked as a housekeeper in Worchester MA for about 3 months. Worked in the hospitals making sure the environment was clean and up to company standards
Great place work for as a permanent position
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 14, 2017
I enjoy working for family health center. It was a great place to work for. Everybody is friendly and helpful. We all work as a team to have a good work float.
Pros
good benefit, good pay, all holidays off
Cons
short break
not working there
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 10, 2017
Great clinical staff. Not enough clinical staff. Nurses in call center to answers phones. They have a dental and optometry mobile unit, which is great.
Pros
great hours 8-5
Cons
no overtime
excelente
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Patillas Municipio, PRMay 1, 2017
Una excelente empresa y buenos beneficios. Trabajo con todo los informes de HEDIS. Coordinando Clínicas para los asegurados y la asegurado. Lo mas difícil hasta el momento que el Medico entienda los cambios que exige CMS.
Pros
Advantege, Plan de salud de gobierno ect
FHC is a good place to work
CCMA (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSApril 16, 2017
Working with the FHC has been a great experience and it has given me an opportunity to work in the field I graduated in. It's a good place to work in.
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSApril 13, 2017
I learned that family health center in some areas is good to work AND IN SOME AREAS IT IS NOT. There is always a lot of drama that goes on. but over all I enjoyed it because I got to meet new people.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
no benefits
Non-profit health clinic with variety of additional services
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 11, 2017
Family Health Center is a great community resource. The providers are dedicated, hard-working professionals and they tend to go above and beyond for their patients.
very professional work place
patient service representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 7, 2017
very professional work place, team work , great hours, learned a lot working here. flexible hours. training is great and supervisors are great . staff meeting every month.
Not for everyone
Clerical Staff (Current Employee) –  Waco, TX 76707March 27, 2017
It's for certain people. I was attending college at the time I was working there. It was conflicting with my school schedule. This job was not exactly for me. However, if health care is something that people love and want to give back to the community. It would be a good fit.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
management
Love the atmosphere and work life balance
HR Recruiter (Temporary Project) (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 27, 2017
Respectful and hardworking staff. Very busy work load. A lot of expectations, but mostly achievable with the goal in mind. Recognition is good in some departments. Management is good, but high turnover prevents the building of relationships with staff. Advancement opportunities is very random.
Pros
Great staff and worklife balance
Cons
Short staffed means more work with no more pay
Work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 16, 2017
A typical day at work began entering data into the computer, customer service making appointments, answering the phone and scheduling appointments. I enjoyed working with my customers and keeping them happy.
Pros
A good working relationship and making friends
Cons
Too far to drive.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 14, 2017
I roomed patients, too vitals, gave injections. Also worked in the front office checking in patients. Also did phlebotomy, phone triage with lab results as well, wound care..
Pros
Private Practice
Cons
not enough help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.