Family Health Centers of San Diego Employee Reviews

Beware
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2017
They pay you. Other than that, find somewhere else to work. The management encourages a culture of spies; people report on each other and morale is horrible. It's like walking into a cold dark dungeon.Management lies, discriminates, harasses and then if you dare complain, you lose your pay raise for the year. Picture the mule getting whipped as it struggles to do it's job.
Pros
pay
Cons
cut throat, slave/overseer mentality
great place to work
Medical Assistant - Float (Current Employee) –  Logan Heights, CASeptember 12, 2017
great place to work and good to learn skills, good hours. they give you hours off and work with your schedule, very flexible. Good hours Monday thru Friday good 8 to 5.
Good place
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 30, 2017
Good place to work, stable hours and jobs security but the wage paid is not that great, love my management team but HR sucks, and at the end they are thr ones in charge of salaries
Pros
Flexible management
Cons
Hard and stressful job
Stressful but I learned a lot there!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2017
I have to say I learned a lot in a very short time at FHC- I felt kind of "thrown to the wolves". But I did learn and once I did, the job was a great setting for mid-level providers. Because we are so needed, they let us practice with a lot of autonomy. Sometimes however, that meant that when you did need guidance from another provider, they weren't available OR helpful.
But as a learning experience, it was priceless!
Pros
Independent practice for mid-level providers
Cons
not enough support for medical providers, overworked
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
Very busy, many different cultures with employees and patients, very caring company when it comes to patients.
I learned a lot being here, better customer service, insurance eligibility, handling cash and credit/debit card payments, registration processes. Management could be a bit better and understand but overall a fantastic place
Great community oriented
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2017
I loved working for FHCSD and enjoyed working with low income families and mostly helping them get health services with low income benefits. FHCSD is a great company who specializes in helping the community something I loved and enjoyed because I was helping the community I grew up in.
Great company overall
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2017
A typical day at my current job includes data entry, providing free rapid HIV testing and coordinating with other team members to insure quality education and outreach in our community.
Pros
Good benefits, company values excellence and continues to move forward as such
Cons
The current position does little to foster professional growth to entry level employees
Behind the Times
Director, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
Although the mission of the company is valuable the senior management team isn't forward thinking or open to new ideas. Because of this the turnover is high and it's difficult to create consistency.
Challenging high pace work environment
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2017
The patients are medically complex. You are expected to see 20 pts per hour. They are very focused on productivity.They do not provide enough administrative time and most providers chart after hours and even at home.
Pros
patient population very rewarding
Cons
patient volume
Patient Engagment
Patient Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
My manager is the bomb he is fair and I really appreciate the work her does to ensure things are being done correctly. If I'm wrong he calls it and if I'm right he applauds it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No overtime
Excellent Customer Service provided to more than 4000 patients daily
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2017
This is an excellent work place where family and work life balance is possible.
The mission of this company is what moves its employees to be there every day.
It's a good place for employment.
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2016
Overall it's a good place to work, there's times when the phones are really ring off the hook and it disrupts the referral process.
I've learned to be more efficient through the training of Kaizan and 5S.
Management tries to work with you in any situation whether it's at work or home.
I've enjoyed making new friends and creating new rapports with community leaders.
Pros
employee aknowledgement, holiday contest, birthday celebrations.
Cons
micro management
Therapy mill
Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2016
Eight scheduled patients daily, plus warm handoffs. Micromanaging supervisor and unethical managers. Pay was only mediocre. Coworkers were awesome, and really the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal experience.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
excellent work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 6, 2016
With them I had the best experience as a volunteer , I was taught many things and they were always very kind to me , they helped me put into practice what I had learned and I left there with a lot more experience in the medical / administrative field
Pros
excellent work place
Cons
no pay
Great work environment and people
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2016
Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. Policies and procedures are constantly changing to improve processes and productivity. Always room for improvement and new ideas are welcome.
Pros
Open door policy for all supervisors
Cons
Constant changes in policies and protocols
Rating
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2015
Family Health Centers of san Diego was a family to me. everyone there treats you very good and thier work ethics are great. Monthly emplyee meeting helped maintain great customer service.
helping customers with financial programs
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2015
positive work place, and amazing customer service, supportive management, good medical and retirement benefits, great opportunities to grow in the company
eh
Call Center Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2015
great people.
bad management.
Every other department is great except the call center.
they are not respected and hardly get any help
Pros
great folks
Cons
horrible structure
Fast-pace
Medical Assistant - Full- Time (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2015
Great working there for people who like a fast-pace, but the management in downtown clinic is horrible, always mean with a ugly attitude and does not like when you talk about transferring to a different clinic and is picky about hair. The co-workers are the greatest, always trying to help out and the providers are the greatest.
Cons
Clinical director
Learned a lot
Perinatal Health Educator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 20, 2015
Working with patients and making a difference was fulfilling. Only downside was that management liked to double book patients and you were required to make it work. This cause a lot of stress because you are only one person and it was unfair for the other patient to wait and it was a headache when you had 3 patients all with the correct appointments waiting for you. Catching up after that was very hard. Aside from this and management not providing the same information the agency was good. Coworkers are the best, they helped pull up spirits when you were going a little nuts.
Pros
Good health benifits for yourself and family
Cons
management is not on the same page, one supervisor would say one thing and another would say something completly diffrent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Health Centers of San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

Family Health Centers of San Diego Reviews by Location