Family Health West

Family Health West Employer Reviews

Family Health West
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Fruita, COSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: i love how great the cna's work as a team
Cons: low staffed most of the days, poor communication and unsupported of me pursuing furthering my education.
Management had poor communication with their CNA's. On evening shift (which is what I work), we are always low staffed, so the CNA's on evening shift are always rushed and stressed to do our job proficiently. This company does not seem to be supportive of me going to school. It is hard to balance school and work. I work more than 40 hours per week with – more... only 2 days off and have to somehow fit in school; which is impossible. I have learned that team work helps get the job done. – less
Nurses don't work for this nursing home!! Run away as fast as you can!
RN (Former Employee), Fruita, COSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: nice hospital or and med/surg and human resources and office staff.
Cons: horrible management and working environment at nursing home.
This nursing home has a very poor working environment. I have never in my nursing career worked for a place that has so much back stabbing and fighting. Since the two years I have worked at this place they have changed DONs 4 times. And every time a new one comes in there is new changes and rules and nurses get written up for the previous DONs rules. – more... There is no consistency in write ups. They loose nurses about every three months from firing them or the nurse quitting. One nurse can get away with murder while another nurse gets written up for the same thing. One of the managers is a previous nurse from St.Marys Hospital who was fired for stealing morphine out of the omnicell and they still hired her as a manager. The computer system is horrible and causes many med errors. RNs are not aloud to ask the doctor for psychiatric meds, this decision has to be made by management and management has no training on geriatric psych meds. Management has taken residents off their psychiatric meds and pain meds cold turkey and caused them to be very combative. Med changes are often made without notifying the family. They have no psychiatrist working there to manage geriatric behaviors or consult. And if your looking for a staff member, go outside and you'll find them across the street smoking a cigarette. NEW GRADS, if your are looking for a new job go to St.Marys or Community or even Hospice and at least you'll get some experience and learn how real nursing is done. WORKING here is like having a bipolar parent! You never know what they expect from you, it depends on the alignment of the planets!! On the other hand I have worked for the hospital med/surg unit also and it is a great place to work. I would recommend it for having surgery or procedures done. – less
Was Good
Restorative Aide (Former Employee), Fruita, COApril 6, 2014
Management needs changed, training is good, always a busy busy place though.
Co-workers very difficult to get along with. Did not follow guidlines set forth by the company and resisted change to company policies.
Therapy Aid/Receptionist (Former Employee), Fruita, COFebruary 9, 2014
The Therapists were very set in their old ways and refused to adhere to new company policies. Any change was perceived as a threat and was met with a great deal of resistance.
CNA was difficult
Certified Nurse's Assistant - CNA (Former Employee), Fruita, COAugust 22, 2013
I would not do this job again as it was too difficult watching the elderlys' condition worsen over time.
Very Enjoyable
EA (Former Employee), Fruita ColoradoApril 4, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Making Sure residents are safe because they do have Alzheimer's and they can not always can protect themselves that was my main goal working as a EA
Terrible Management/Administration-Unfair and unsafe practices
Nursing Home Employee (Current Employee), Nursing Home/HospitalMarch 19, 2013
Cons: terrible administration. you can find the ceo on his 3 hour walk for lunch.
I would not recommend this facility to anyone! The administration are not honest and they fire employees on the spot without reason. The HR department is very unfair. No policies and procedures in place, no education for staff and no communication. Would not take anyone to this facility for any reason.
Not very employee friendly
housekeeper (Former Employee), Fruita, COJuly 11, 2012
Pros: it was close by.
Cons: see above review.
Expected to be on call at all hours. Supervisor changes schedule with no advance notice. Co-workers sneak off and watch movies on night shifts. Saw co-workers cheat on mileage reports. Management never available.

I quit with no notice and I have NEVER done that before. Ever!
I enjoy the employies I work with.
CNA (Current Employee), COApril 14, 2012
Cons: no free lunches or extras
The staff at this company is amazing we are always there for each other. Managemant is fair. Facilty is clean and oder free. We give the best care possible.
Long hours. Low pay. No management.
housekeeper (Former Employee), Fruita, COApril 2, 2012
At this position one is expected to complete the jobs of two or three people in a single shift. The pay is low and there are no benefits.