Family Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

good place to work and grow
Sr. Network Operation Secialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2017
I learned a lot throughout the 3 years I worked here.
A lot of hands on learning and a good atmosphere to come to work everyday. My supervisor and manager are great people to work with and learn from.
Family Healthcare Network
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAFebruary 6, 2017
The pediatric providers are awesome to work with. The hardest part of the job is when the staff is short and you are working by yourself with 1 provider. I learned so much working at Family Healthcare Network. Unfortunately we make mistakes that we will never be able to fix.(Like in my case) But I will always hold dear the beautiful friendships that I made working there. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I made a difference in somebody's life to the point where they only allowed me to administer their Vaccines. I recommend Family Healthcare Network as a place of employment.
Great first time job
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 4, 2017
The company offers many great incentives and awesome benefits. Hours can be difficult if you are in need of something with set normal hours. Management could be better as well.
horrible
Front/Back Office Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Over worked, under paid, Supervisor and management belittle you at any opportunity and allow patient to treat you like garbage.
High stress and poor managers
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 2, 2016
Was going to apply for a position and after hearing and witnessing the way the front office manager talks to her staff....I will never go back, nor could I recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Benefit package
Unenjoyable
Navigation (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 20, 2016
I did not like the management. As a company very biased and unfair to employees. The company as a whole did not have very good customer service skill and employees were unprofessional.
productive, always something new to learn
Medical Billing Clerk Externship (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 12, 2016
FHCN is a very positive and happy environment with professionalism as well. I learned something new every day that i was there for my externship. The employees there are very helpful as well.
Pros
very rewarding of their employees
very stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 6, 2016
There are a lot of duties that have to be done by the end of your 8 hour shift. A total of 100 e-mails need to be reviewed and answered by the end of your shift. Constructive criticism is a negative on the character instead of an incentive.
Pros
ok pay check
Cons
no family time
great experience in primary care
Clinical director/primary care physican assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 6, 2016
This is a very challenging and rewarding rural clinic with good teamwork. It is community centered and family oriented for comprehensive care. They offer pediatric, adolescent, adults, OB, psychiatric care and dental care.
Pros
great for new graduate
Great Company to build your resume
IS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 17, 2016
FHCN has a great work environment with lots of helpful people with all kinds of knowledge. Everyone is a team player. They are also building and adding on to infrastructure which means lots of activities and new experiences for employees.
Pros
Great Company Over-All
If you have any coding ethics, RUN AWAY!
Coder (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 26, 2016
I worked here for over a year and during that time I experienced what it is like to work for greedy executives. The executives, especially the CFO, have NO medical knowledge, compliance knowledge, nor any ethics. To them, it is all about quantity over quality, NO MATTER WHAT!
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Greedy Executives
The Work Place
Navigation Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 8, 2015
A typical work day not always having the right tools to work with. As in learning I do thank the Company I did learn a lot of different medical systems. Co-workers were always a joy to work with made the day enjoyable. Early morning meeting 6am driving over 45 miles in the fog with no concern of safety with no excuses be on time.
Pros
Getting a pat on the back for doing a good job
Cons
Not having the right tools to work with.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 24, 2015
Loved waking up daily to provide medical attention to the patient. Always busy with work flow/paperwork/customer service. I love the work of a medical assistant, and wish to continue in this field as soon as possible.
Pros
flexable schedule/great co-workers
Cons
not able to take a break when needed.
No work life balance as supervisor
HEALTH CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  VISALIA CAAugust 24, 2015
Worked very hard with no appreciation, no morale at the site I woked for. Favortisim, manager micro managed wanted to do it all no room to be yourself as an independent supervisor daily changes. Over works all staff. If you have no hildren or are not married this job is for you. It is not for a someone with a family. Resigned due to theses issues. The company is very well organized. Great benfits but poor hours.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
NOT RECONIZED FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION
Wonderful people to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 1, 2015
I would arrive at work and set up the examination rooms. I would turn on computers make sure rooms were stocked. I would prepare my patients list and have the Dr. reports ready before they would arrive if the reports were not in then I would call the office and have the fax it over. I would set up rooms for variety of examinations. I would then start calling patients to the back and review their past history along with their vital signs. I learned a lot working with different doctors and patients. That you have to adjust to each and everyone according to their likes and dislikes that you have to be flexible and understanding. Management has an open door policy and are very kind and friendly. My co-workers are always willing to help and are extremely team players. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet a variety of people.
Typical Work Day as an Application Support Specialist
Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAMarch 2, 2014
A typical day starts with me getting into the office and logging into the phones to check for support questions or problems users may have had. Followed by checking emails and creating tickets for myself and others within the office.
Pros
Health Insurance benefits, Dental, Vison, Vacation Days, Phone allowance
Very enjoyable place to work with coworkers and patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work having all charts reviewed and aduited to see what was needed for the day assisting provider and giving injections making sure rooms were stocked and cleaned,great customer service toward the patients and providers coworkers,
Pros
Drs very helpfull with medical assistants when learning new stuff
Its an okay work place, co-workers are friendly and helfpul but it can get stressful
Navigation Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 2, 2014
The call center department was very stressful, because there were many issues that we were confronted with that didn't pertain to us and patients would rely on us to find a solution for them. There is pressure form upper management to meet productivity and have a low abandonment call rate while delivering excellent customer service. Some days were good, because it all depends on how easily you can find an appointment for a patient and have their needs met but when you couldn't find an appointment soon for them one would be pressured to have patient be seen one way or another.
Pros
Gread benefits, management works with class schedule if you were a student
Cons
Work evening and weekends, get abused by some patients and not appreciated by other departments.
Back Office Medical assisrant.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  farmersvilleDecember 23, 2013
You have to be ready to do a lot of work for not so much pay. I wasn't happy with that but I did learn a lot the tie I was there.
Co-workers very friendly.
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 2, 2013
The co-workers at Family HealthCare Network where very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Temp position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Healthcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9