Family Healthcare Network

Family Healthcare Network Employee Reviews in United States

If you have any coding ethics, RUN AWAY!
Coder (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 26, 2016
I worked here for over a year and during that time I experienced what it is like to work for greedy executives. The executives, especially the CFO, have NO medical knowledge, compliance knowledge, nor any ethics. To them, it is all about quantity over quality, NO MATTER WHAT!
Pros
Benefits & Pay
Cons
Greedy Executives
No work life balance as supervisor
HEALTH CARE WORKER (Former Employee) –  VISALIA CAAugust 24, 2015
Worked very hard with no appreciation, no morale at the site I woked for. Favortisim, manager micro managed wanted to do it all no room to be yourself as an independent supervisor daily changes. Over works all staff. If you have no hildren or are not married this job is for you. It is not for a someone with a family. Resigned due to theses issues. The company is very well organized. Great benfits but poor hours.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
NOT RECONIZED FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 24, 2015
Loved waking up daily to provide medical attention to the patient. Always busy with work flow/paperwork/customer service. I love the work of a medical assistant, and wish to continue in this field as soon as possible.
Pros
flexable schedule/great co-workers
Cons
not able to take a break when needed.
Wonderful people to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 1, 2015
I would arrive at work and set up the examination rooms. I would turn on computers make sure rooms were stocked. I would prepare my patients list and have the Dr. reports ready before they would arrive if the reports were not in then I would call the office and have the fax it over. I would set up rooms for variety of examinations. I would then start calling patients to the back and review their past history along with their vital signs. I learned a lot working with different doctors and patients. That you have to adjust to each and everyone according to their likes and dislikes that you have to be flexible and understanding. Management has an open door policy and are very kind and friendly. My co-workers are always willing to help and are extremely team players. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet a variety of people.
Typical Work Day as an Application Support Specialist
Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAMarch 2, 2014
A typical day starts with me getting into the office and logging into the phones to check for support questions or problems users may have had. Followed by checking emails and creating tickets for myself and others within the office.
Pros
health insurance benefits, dental, vison, vacation days, phone allowance
Very enjoyable place to work with coworkers and patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day at work having all charts reviewed and aduited to see what was needed for the day assisting provider and giving injections making sure rooms were stocked and cleaned,great customer service toward the patients and providers coworkers,
Pros
drs very helpfull with medical assistants when learning new stuff
Its an okay work place, co-workers are friendly and helfpul but it can get stressful
Navigation Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 2, 2014
The call center department was very stressful, because there were many issues that we were confronted with that didn't pertain to us and patients would rely on us to find a solution for them. There is pressure form upper management to meet productivity and have a low abandonment call rate while delivering excellent customer service. Some days were good, because it all depends on how easily you can find an appointment for a patient and have their needs met but when you couldn't find an appointment soon for them one would be pressured to have patient be seen one way or another.
Pros
gread benefits, management works with class schedule if you were a student
Cons
work evening and weekends, get abused by some patients and not appreciated by other departments.
Good Working Company with Good People
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Valley Porterville, CAApril 23, 2013
Each day was different according to what was needed by the management & Coworkers. Hardest part of the job was making sure all areas that needed to be connected for certain information was covered. The People were the best part of the job.
Pros
good company
Cons
some difficulties in communication between departments
great program for a high school student
AmeriCorps (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 18, 2012
day at work was just filing papers and answering phones. i learned a few things in the medical field. management was one of the best that ive had. hardest part was working full time and still being in high school.
Pros
new experience
Cons
going to school during
Great place to work for
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAFebruary 25, 2013
Great place to work for, they care aboutthere customers, and help out in the public. The staff is nice and the upper managment cares about the employees
Pros
great healthcare, alot of employee incentives
Service to community was rewarding.
Satellite Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodlake, CAMay 15, 2012
The outreach to the community was excellent, and offered a big variety of programs for every level of income and financial status.
Pros
excellent team workers
Cons
slow paced.
Fun and Exciting
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 23, 2012
I learned alot in the 20 years I worked for FHCN.
I had alot of Supervisors, Alot of training and learning different Job Positions.
benefits
Cons
layoffs
Great enviroment for the medical field
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 27, 2013
First medical assistant job and great experience. Management was terrible. Happy to gain experience in a field that I gained a education for.
Back Office Medical assisrant.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  farmersvilleDecember 23, 2013
You have to be ready to do a lot of work for not so much pay. I wasn't happy with that but I did learn a lot the tie I was there.
Co-workers very friendly.
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 2, 2013
The co-workers at Family HealthCare Network where very friendly and helpful.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
temp position
Unorganized
Health Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia caOctober 21, 2012
Management there were very inexperienced! but staff is awsome to work with