Family Heritage Employee Reviews

Awesome!!!
Licensed Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 12, 2017
In a nutshell, you provide an amazing service for something that is very necessary in today's world. You have a sense of freedom with your schedule, but you still have to put forth a relentless effort to spread the good news!
Decent
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 30, 2017
Overall, it has a strong company culture, but you truly need a strong work ethic and mental grit to be successful. Living paycheck to paycheck during the first year can be incredibly rough - it's commissioned based. It requires long hours and plenty of travel.
It's not for everyone
Licensed Agent - Life/Health (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 27, 2017
There wasn't clear message in how the pay structure is and door to door sales. They want you to work from 8am until dark and going into peoples homes.
Pros
trips if you sell alot
Cons
pay, training is insane, having doors slammed in your face
My first sells job.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
Was a great opportunity for me to get into the sells market. A great company with a great product. I learned so much from this company they provided excellent training and support .
Pros
Taught me perserverence
Cons
Knocking on doors
Great company
Independent Licensed Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 14, 2017
Family Heritage is a great company to work for. They care about their employees and clients. It was an amazing experience. I met great people from all over the United States who enjoy making a difference in the lives of the community and clients. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people if they get sick maintain their assets and bills.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Leads tough market (insurance)
Not the best
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 11, 2017
People here was not the best. People kind of showed up when they wanted and never really did thier jobs which took leads away from others. Hard working with people who barely care about their jobs. I enjoyed my free time though.
Long hours by yourself
Marketing Liaison and Field Agent (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 5, 2017
To be successful you have to be willing to work very long hours by yourself. Also, I think people who are naturally extroverted tend to better at this job than most.
Pros
Managers are helpful
Cons
Work is all by yourself
Horrible
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 1, 2017
I obtained a temporary state insurance license and worked under another agent. My position was commission based but even with 15 sales, I never received payment.
Cons
Refused to pay
Great stepping stone
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 27, 2017
I am very glad that I was able to have the opportunity that Enterprise offered me right out of college. I would not want to go back ever, but I do know that it helped set me up for success and I learned a lot in my time with the company.
Family Heritage
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 10, 2017
Although the agents don't technically earn money together, however, we all work together to better each other every day at our craft. Jobs that are 100% commission based are hard because you have to "kill your dinner every day" so to speak. Having a great management team, a great support system, and great rapport with each other make this job a lot better. I was lucky. Most branches don't necessarily have an office to go to or anything, but we do and it's been extremely helpful to be able to all meet together weekly, daily, or whenever we all need to get together, whatever the reason may be.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great earning opportunity
Cons
If you don't sell, you don't make any money. If you don't have the discipline to go to work everyday, no one is going to make you.
Run! Run far far away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYApril 5, 2017
Unpaid training that is a total joke (14 hrs/day in a classroom). Straight door to door cold call sales. The product sounds awesome and its a good idea. Problem is, nobody wants it or thinks they need it. Also. nobody in their right mind is going to cut a check to an idiot standing at their door that they just met 20 minutes ago. They make it sounds so easy and appealing. DO NOT FALL FOR IT
Pros
Good Coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Broadened horizons
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 4, 2017
Door to door sales. I was easily licensed and trained to sell insurance to families throughout the state of Texas. I now wish to be closer to my family.
great company that truly helps during catastrophic illnesses
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2017
Working as an Insurance agent for Family Heritage is a rewarding career as you do truly feel like you are helping people when they need help the most. However this is something more suited as a part time job.
Be aware of what you are going to be doing
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MNMarch 20, 2017
This is not a trick, not a scam, just disciplined hard sales. You will develop a thick skin and a confident sales talk, if you want to really succeed. Good product, good people, and you get out what you put in..simple. Offset your income with expenses you track, but they also have a subsidy program. I do recommend you give it 8 plus hours a day, listen to the Mon morning sales meeting, and get ready to change your life. The money is there, and there are no limits.
Pros
Freedom of schedule, motivated people around you.
Cons
Not for the faint of heart, undisciplined or lazy
Great people but door to door sucks.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Moose Lake, MNMarch 14, 2017
I was assigned an area where I was trying to sell supplemental insurance to a town where the majority worked for the state and thought that their benefits superseded what our plans had to offer. It was very mentally depleting.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Door to door
Work at your own pace
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 1, 2017
If you have the will power to get up and go and know you have to sell to make money then this job is for you. Just really wasn't the job that I seen myself growing in. Didn't have the right training or help that would make me take my career further.
Fun culture, hard work and team work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 24, 2017
Definitely an excellent place to build a business; excellent training, unlimited earning potential, uncapped commission, the opportunity to travel, schedule autonomy, quality product, excellent leadership.
Pros
schedule flexibility, earning potential
Cons
risk of commission, outdated resources for agents
Was a new experience for me
SALES AGENT (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Great people to work with and an all around positive atmosphere but it was strictly commission base, which I was not used to. I am looking for a job with security and a great hourly pay.
Pros
Flexable hours, learned at my own pace, positive vibes and helpful co-workers
Cons
no health benefits, commission base only, no stability
100% commission independent contractor work
Independent Contractor/Sales (Former Employee) –  MidwestJanuary 14, 2017
This is a 100% commission independent contractor job. Be prepared to work every bit of 10 hour days, 6 days a week cold calling door to door. Also keep in mind the advertised wage is only possible if your willing to dedicate pretty much all of your none sleeping life. Plus, you still have to pay all your taxes(federal,state,ss,fica) and health insurance($200-$600pr month) on your own because this is your own business. You are also expected to carry the insurance you're selling on yourself(obviously). Be prepared to be sold on how great this job/business is. You will hear about all these wonderful trips and bonuses you could earn and how rich you can become. The training is the biggest fault with this company. They send you to this 4-5 day school and then throw you to the wolves. Don't expect much help beyond that!! Yes the earning potential is there but it will come at the cost of the rest of your life. Good Luck, you have been WARNED.
Pros
Self employed, Earning potential
Cons
Training, Door to door cold calling, Hours, Weather, Training
Hard to knock doors
Sales Insurance Agent and Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Company is great, pay is the best, but knocking doors is not for everyone. If you dont mind knocking doors then this is a great place to work. They offer great commission and residual income.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Heritage. Our community is ready to answer.