Family Home Health Services Employee Reviews

great people skills
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAOctober 27, 2015
I loved my job .
I am very good at what I do.
I take pride in my title.
my everyday skills have I become more aware and i've learned as I go in my job .
I am very compassionate in my job .
Pros
love my patients
Cons
driving in the winter ...slippery roads
Great employer
Case Manager/RN (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 9, 2014
FHHS was a great employer. Management is extremely competent and works well with staff.
A fun and happy environment to work in.
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Taking patient calls to ensure medical staff was on schedule. Assisting medical and office staff with supplies or forms needed to manage patient care. Data entry for physician orders or other medical orders needed to complete patient care. Processing time sheets for all staff to ensure payroll was complete. Most of the co-workers were nice and friendly, there was one that was very rude and always had something nasty to say about other co-workers. My supervisor made it a fun and very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
good company to work, compensate employees well
Standard Home Health Care
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 7, 2014
Would process report for the call center. Also generate a call list for the call center to make there calls off of.Process commercial insurance claims and authorizations. physicians orders process and faxed for signature. Medicare billing.
Pros
when the patients would call and let me know how impressed they are with the field staff.
Cons
when processes keep changing.
It is a productive and understanding employer.
Home Provider (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 10, 2014
Do what is provided of me during my work hours, while conversing and communicating.
Former employee Melbourne, fl
OT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, flJuly 2, 2014
Management difficult and demanding. PT prime for all patients, especially the PTs that have been there for a while.
I loved the patients.
Pros
patients
Cons
administrator
Caring management and staff
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Macomb County, MichiganMarch 4, 2014
This agency provides care to a very large service area. The clients are assigned to area team. I was able to improve my case management and documentation skills using the McKesson system.
Pros
supportive management, close staff relationships
Cons
large service area
Friendly environment, wonderful place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 4, 2014
Management is easily accessible and approachable. They are eager to teach and train. Co-workers are always willing to help when needed and easy to get along with.
n/a
Director of Nursing/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 30, 2014
Great coworkers
Great learning experience
Flexible
Poor training
It is a good company where they respect the employees
RN (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLDecember 30, 2013
After receiving daily report , you start to review the last new orders; greeting the patients, make rounds, tatke VS, and get ready to administer medication. Then establish the patient's care plan for all the patients, review the progress in the recuperation of the patients. Take care of the especial needs for each patient like wound care, appoitments with the especilalist, transpotation, changes indiet, D/C planing. Some daya attend the meetins with the supervisor, case conferencies. Updates.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see how important is to help patients in the right moment with the rigth treatment and attention to become healthy and return to thier normal life. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you are unable to have all the tool and materials to give adecuate care to the patients due to economical problems, administration problems, staff deficiency.
Pros
continuing education
Cons
large number of patients asigned to one nurse
Florida Is Now Separate
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 21, 2013
This was a great company when it was owned by the national Family Home Health but now Florida is it's own company. They have struggled to stay afloat and have consolidated offices and laid off all but the most essential staff. My experience was good until the effects of the seperation took place. The top management is very money driven and have closed some of the offices. They still operate where they have no actual office so communication can get tricky. There are still some great people with the company but a lot of people have moved on.
Pros
good history as a company.
Cons
florida is now a stand alone company and like any other home health.
Small company growing quickly
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 28, 2013
Small company at first. Great family atmosphere at first. As they grew in Michigan got very impersonal and severe decrease in health care ethics.
One of the best workplace in Florida
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sebring FLJanuary 11, 2013
Productive and professional environment. Patient care oriented. Top 25% of the best Home Health Care in Florida.
Home Health Agency like most
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, Fl.December 27, 2012
Typical home health agency. All have programs, same staff and none offer anything to set them apart. Home health companies have become cut throat and more about $$ vs. patient care. I was a loyal employee for many years until I was recuited by another agency. Unfortunately, my new agency isn't any better. Medicare cuts have made most agencies sub par.
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor patient care
friendly staff / organized work place
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PADecember 11, 2012
A typical day of work organize patient schedule. Order appropriate equipment as needed / check for insurance coverage/ fax appropriate insurance coverage forms as needed to office. I learned the importance of interdisciplinary communication. Coworkers are great team workers. The hardest part is inconsistency with patient census/ low case load. The most enjoyable part is the flexible schedule, great staff and gratification of improving patient's quality of life , patient / family education for safety, home modification, and home exercise program to maintain achieved goals.
Pros
flexible schedule/ paid travel, great staff / interdisciplinary communication
Cons
recent decline in patient census/ paid per patient visit
Growing company with lots of CHANGE.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 5, 2012
Overall this company was great to work for and it was exciting to be a part of the new implementations passed on by the rules and regulations of the Government.
Family First
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 21, 2012
Great people and great environment! Had no expierence in home care until I started working there. Plenty of room to move up the ladder.
very poor management
Physical therapy (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids MiFebruary 22, 2012
Job and location was great, but management and treatment of their employees was poor
Pros
great patients
Cons
poor management
Loved the patients I worked with.
W. Michigan (Former Employee) –  Site coordinatorNovember 8, 2011
The patients/residents are the reason I loved my job.
Pros
helping others.
Cons
the family type company, became a business type company.