Family Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Medical Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 28, 2017
I was working for Family Home Health part time & remotely from home. I was paid fairly & mostly only dealt with the Office Manager & General Manager as I had my own key to pick up or drop off time sheets or any other info needed. I came into the office during regular business hours for yearly or quarterly inservices & the field staff & office staff were very friendly & courteous. I would definitely recommend working there.
Pros
Able to work remotely
Cons
Part time- so no paid benefits or paid PTO
Awesome work enviroment
Office Manager/HR/Payroll (Current Employee) –  Oralndo, FloridaOctober 20, 2017
work environment is awesome
great teamwork
corporate praises when needed
supportive
great training
caring
hardest part of job - getting doctors to sign docs
most enjoyable part of job - my team
Pros
love my team i work with
Cons
Underwhelmed agency with no structure and direction
DON (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 5, 2017
The company is only concerned about the corporate level. And absolutely NO consistent, thorough training. You will be left to learn it all on your own. You will get no local support and continuely clean up the previous mess someone left Behind as well as being expected to maintain daily operations...impossible! No appreciation for the long hours you will spend and constant turnover. Structure and protocol is non-existent! Very sad to see good offices and a wonderful team suffer from unprofessional executive management. Good management does not stay long due to under appreciation and extreme work overload. Very stressful environment.
Company's executive managers have no positive encouragement, team involvement other than punitive. Corporate is very removed from individual branch's real struggles and therefore unsupported and not successful.
Poor executive managment makes job unbearable
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 30, 2017
Worst job I've ever had. Instead of providing a consistent training environment for employees, corporate only steps in when things get out of control or they are getting surveyed. Patient concern is the lowest of priorities for this company. The marketers are the worst group of assembled people that I've ever seen. Cutthroat and very dishonest. There are way too many reputable agencies in the area to work for this ridiculous company.
Pros
When it was someones birthday, we got free cake.
Cons
Too many to list.
No professional advancement
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 11, 2017
The company works backwards - first getting themselves behind and then constantly fixing problems, instead of thinking proactive, providing good training and education to office and field staff and avoiding errors to begin with. Very sad to see good offices suffer with unprofessional executive management. Good management does not stay long due to poor incentives and work overload.
Company's executive managers do not reward great workers, do not listen to suggestions. Very separated from branch's real struggles. Mom-and-pop shop.
Pros
Good per visit rates for RN's, Therapists.
Cons
No advancement, low salaries for managers.
Private Home Health & Hospice company run by nurses!
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, North and South suburbsJuly 26, 2017
Cohesive work environment. My job consisted of two Start of Care visits a day, honing my assessment skills, as well as documentation and thoroughness in the many details of the admission process.
Pros
self accomplishment, making a difference in patient's lives
Cons
too much travel
excellent and friendly staff
Visiting home health care nurse (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLJuly 20, 2017
AWesome place to work,would still be there if I didn't move,I didnt receive benefits because all the nurses were perdiem.Pleasant staff,great office.atmosphere was very relaxed,always looked forward to going to the office
Pros
friendly, relaxes atmosphere
no supervision, fun
Home Health Provider (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 10, 2017
get to the assigned job mainly at a home. swept, wash dishes , cooked a small meal for customer, help them groom, change bed linens clean toilet
everyday was a learning experience
the hardest part of the job was to clean toilets
the most enjoyable was when I finished my work I was able to sit down and do the rest of the hours.
Pros
got to go everywhere with client they drove
Cons
no health care
Flexible work place
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 8, 2017
Flexible hours, good pay by services, easy or short documentation with evaluations and daily notes, hardest part of the job was going to weekly meetings due to main office was at 1 hour away from home.
Internship for undergraduate school
Internship (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 11, 2017
Family Home Health Services was a wonderful workplace to have an internship at. The employees are very helpful and lovely to work with! Being able to help those in times of need is important, and I feel that FHHS is a great company to work for and to help those who need someone to be there before they pass away
It was rewarding due to the members you come in contactcwith.
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 20, 2017
Supervisor was good but CEO involvement needed improvement. I enjoyed what I did and was thankful for my advancement as supervisor. The in house Office, at the time I worked there, was rewarding and the patients care was of upmost importance.
Pros
Rewarding and challenging.
Cons
Compensation and upper management could have been better but was alright overall.
Working in home care soliciting physicians to use our company was stressful. Wages were somewhat based on the referrals you could obtain.
RN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 6, 2017
As a wellness coordinator, I had to market our services to the local physicians and my pay was affected by the referrals I could obtain. Once an individual was on service, we were encouraged to keep the client on services, even though they may not have needed the services any longer. Upper management encouraged this type of behavior.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
I did not feel as the practice of keeping clients on service was ethical
Really great place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMarch 1, 2017
Great Staff, family-type culture, decent salary, benefits are good and fair. The best management staff, everyone helps everyone here...very inclusive environment.
Pros
Very stable company to work for
neutral
Branch Development Manager (Current Employee) –  allFebruary 22, 2017
some things are good the drive is not. some changes occurring now that preclaim review is coming w ewill have scary times ahead for the industry.
Challanging position to meet quotas on a monthly basis
Team Leader/Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2017
Each day was started with visiting doctors offices,senior communities, social workers in hospitals providing leads to open cases for patients needing home health. Setting up health fairs to introduce our specialty network physicians introducing them in senior communities to service patients. Also helping with the training and guidance with the new marketing managers starting.
Pros
Being able to pretty much set your own schedules
Cons
Staying within the top ten marketer position month after month
Stressful and minimal support from Office Staff
RN Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Overall the company paid well and had a good variety of patients in the area. Strong field staff with good communication skills amongst them. However, the office and field staff often felt divided.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Be prepared for no training and to get thrown into the job, more administrative requirements and paperwork than any other agency
Nice snacks and beverages at the office (Former Employee) –  Clinincsl staffNovember 30, 2016
Very poor management, controlling and micromanagement of every detail. Poorly trained managers make up rules as they go along and do not apply things fairly across the board. No oversight to make sure they are in compliance with Medicare regulations, you fly by the seat of your pants, improper training on computer documentation system caused much difficulty with the clinical staff. It is a sink or swim mentality for new hires. They mgr promised things and did not deliver. Their pay rate is the lowest in the county. The branch manager is all about getting her SOC quotas met, not much on patient care.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Nice snacks and beverages at the office
Nurses easy to work with
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 12, 2016
Was expected to be on-call for any patient (that would become yours) that was an admission in your territory so that would mean that your after hour plans would need to be cancelled!
Pros
Nurses easy to work with
Cons
your off hours were not yours.
Great place with kind staff
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 30, 2015
Busy office with a great staff. Corp is wonderful and helpful, enjoyed coming to work each day. They are lacking somewhat in the nursing aspect but they are actively looking to improve and you can see in the way that they tackle issues.
great people skills
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, PAOctober 27, 2015
I loved my job .
I am very good at what I do.
I take pride in my title.
my everyday skills have I become more aware and i've learned as I go in my job .
I am very compassionate in my job .
Pros
love my patients
Cons
driving in the winter ...slippery roads