Family Matters of Greater Washington Employee Reviews

Poorly managed Mental Health department
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 30, 2016
The Mental Health department at Family Matters has higher than average turnover because of poor management. Management responds to staff concerns with intimidation or indifference. I never got paid on time.
Cons
office culture, late pay
Good people, very chaotic environment
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2016
Very chaotic and poor management. Supervisors are incredibly overburdened and have little time to provide direction and support. Good job for people who are independent and self starter. Very unstructured and you spend most of your time in the community. Pay and benefits are mediocre, nothing to get excited about. No job or pay negotiations.
Pros
Independence and opportunity for growth
Cons
Very disorganized, not enough supervisors, little support
Great experience horrible management
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDNovember 16, 2016
I worked for the Oxon Hill office and the program director is relentless by micromanaging and harassing employees. The culture is not healthy due to the insecurities of management. Experience was great with the job itself. Management needs training with interpersonal skills.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Unhealthy work environment
great team, poor executive management
Programs Director (Former Employee) –  DCAugust 8, 2016
individuals working here are dedicated and loyal. No/poor leadership from CEO. good, hard working individuals leave frequently. Toxic environment created by CEO
Productive atmosphere and Culture is awesome
CSW (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJuly 3, 2016
I currently work with this organization as a CSW.I have worked at other agencies but their management lacked structure and a means of moving forward.Family Matters promotes growth and obtaining knowledge to go beyond where you may currently be.
Pros
Great staff good work ethic
Cons
Pay and schedules
Productive work environment with opportunities for advancement
School-Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2016
Working for FMGW has been an educational and productive experience hat has taught me much about how critical it is to have structure, compassion, and patience when working children and their families.
Productive and serves the city.
Assistant Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2015
Non-Profit Severing the youth inside and outside the city. Provides a productive and fun working environment for employees. Highly trust staff members and works well with the family and children they serve.
Very friendly staff
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2015
Provides great service to consumers. Provides employees with helpful training's to advance their knowledge on and off the field.
Serving Older Adults
Ward 6 Lead Agency (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 4, 2014
Ward 6 Office
Great Team!
Providing comprehensive services for older adults
Pros
Great support
Very interesting place working for Seniors
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2013
It was a nice atmosphere to work in and with the Seniors. Very productive for me. I spoke to the seniors daily about current events and other interesting news.

The co-workers there was very decent to the elderly and spent alot of time with them.

The harded part of the job was leaving. I was attached to them and likewise they were attached to me.

Them most enjoyable time was making them happy by doing whatever I could for the them and seeing them happy.
Pros
We ate lunch together as we spoke about event and happenings of world.
Great employer
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2013
I have excellent communication, people skills, and work ethics. My typical day would be well planned, high energy, and strategizing positive execution. I have complied with management and co-workers throughout my employment fulfillment. The hardest part of job is managing different behaviors. Which I enjoy being able to go into the community and teaching life skills to enhance the lives of others. This is why I feel I have the ability to be a great asset to any organization. My growth has expand within job peformance.
Pros
Excellent Training Classes
Cons
Expand within Experience Managemant
Very Productive and fun workplace
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2013
Administered my unit as well as other staff through out the building
A lot of customer service, administrating and communication skills
Management was easy to deal with since I had 6 supervisors when I was there
Observing the children some of them not reuniting with their biological family
Supervising the children at their events as well as interacting with my co-workers
Pros
Good benefits and bonuses, etc.
Cons
No cost of living raises in a couple of years
Flexible schedule, excellent training programs.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington DCDecember 26, 2012
Working with children, enabled me to gain advocay skills. Having the opportunity to work with the school system, taking part in disciplinary team meetings, plan and organize treatments plans, do encounter notes, the management team successfully work towards my professional growth. The co-workers were very helpful in providing and sharing information to one another. The hardest part of the job is doing paper work. Ensuring that paper work must be submitted correctly in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping; ensuring that client's receive or obtain the benefits and services they deserve.
Pros
sharing information
Cons
use of language for documentation purposes.
What I've Learned
title (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 24, 2012
I have enjoyed my learning experience at Family Matters. I enjoy the freedom to work with a team of informed workers, who care about the clients we serve.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Matters of Greater Washington. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8