Family Medicine Employee Reviews

Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2016
really enjoyed working there. hated to leave. paid well but do not give raises. give great bonuses, staff really get along well with the patients and each other.
very unorganized facility with very poor management
Lab manager/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  3839 CR 218 Middleburg, FL 32068April 6, 2016
I loved my job and worked very very hard with approximately 30 min break out of a 10 -11 hour day. I enjoyed my patients very much and in return they loved me. I would do anything that was asked of me to help the medical facility to lesson the load for the other employees. I got along with the other employees and was always ready to help them with their work. I never was late or missed a day unless I was on vacation. I loved the blood and lab work so much that I was always researching different test and the anatomy of the body as well as different techniques that would make the blood specimens as accurate as they could be. I was always learning new things and felt like I could never learn enough. The down side is that the practice was so unorganized that it kept the entire staff walking on egg shells.me. I have been a business owner my entire life until I moved to Florida 6-1/2 years ago so I know how to manage a work place as well as employees. I had never experienced such poor management in my life. Our manager would chew us out in front of other employees as well as patients. My upper manager as well as my immediate manager never told us we did anything right but almost daily would correct us for something we had done wrong. I was accused of so many things that I did not even know about but they would not let you defend yourself. You had to just take the blame. In one year all the employees that had been there as long as 12 years either got fired or quit. We all got to where the pressure was so strong that we could not preform our jobs to the best of our ability in fear  more... of getting in trouble. One manager would tell us to do things one way and the other manager would tell us to do it another. It became unbearable. I had worked there 4-1/2 years and never got a raise. It had been 8 years since anyone got a raise.  less
Pros
Monthly bonuses, Free lunches and occasionally breakfast, Did not have to pay for Doctor appointments, very close to my home, all the employees got along and helped each other, great work hours Monday thru Friday with paid holidays as well as 3 weeks vacation a year
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Great doctor to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 9, 2015
a typical work day is starting your morning off getting the papers from the fax machine, and pulling the charts to go with the papers from the fax. Then when patients start coming in you call the patients back and get their vitals and things and then room the patients. Then the doctor tells you if she wants any kind of test done and if she does then you go get the test done on that patient. Then you do that all day until closing then you go and round up the trash and clean the rooms.
Pros
great doctor, great staff
Cons
no benefits
Doctor and Wife clinic great place to work at
medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winter HavenSeptember 14, 2015
start work by opening clinic this is where the medical training came in, manager trained me to work up a patient do vitals check insurance doctor showed me what questions to ask help with minor surgeries clinic growing fast soon came in co workers some left some stayed which clinic became family to us, hardest part of job was moving on after working with them for ten years doctor stated he was going to retired but didn't state when so I moved on but if he came out of retirement I would work for him all over again.
Pros
no charge for my self or families to see the doctor
Cons
no benefits
An amazing place to work.
Assistant Administrator/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 7, 2016
Family Medical Center is an enjoyable place to work. We have amazing patients along with an amazing staff. We start our day about 7:30 and may not finish until 5:00. Our staff gets along with everyone, it is like working for your family away from home. I think the hardest part of my job is when my referrals are taking some time to be schedule because most of the offices in Lawton are busy as well. The most enjoyable part of my job is I am able to help patients and I get to see their face light up when I have accomplished helping them.
Pros
Having lunch with the drug reps.
Cons
None that I can think of
EMergency Medical Technician
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 22, 2016
Vital signs and patient lab test results, assist in minor surgeries, prepare and submit administrative reports and provide training to junior staff meetings. I've learned self-aid buddy care and first responder care. I work first hand with Diabetic patients and Acupuncture. The hardest part of my job is getting to the know my patients. I always tend to get close with patient just to eventually deploy or move to another location for the military. The part I enjoy most of my job is helping my patients and learning new information from my doctor.
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
short lunches
good place to learn
Medical Assistant - Extern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2015
Getting to know all that falls in the medical office
Front office- call back, preparing the patients rooms for examination, triage, vital signs, supply ordering, filing, stocking, privacy/hippa laws, medical terminology, medication adiminstration, patient support.
Back office- vienipunture, injections, urine tests, pregnacany testing.
Management- very helpful with giving information, teaching skills was good.
Co- worker- helpful, work well with students, fun day of work
Hardest part- earning the patients trust, being a new face in the office
The enjoyable part - was learning a typical day in the healthcare office and how important my job would be.
Pros
When a represenative comes with a new product and free lunch
Cons
long breaks, time to talk care of personal things on your break.
Productive and friendly environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 31, 2016
Working at the clinic was a positive experience and enjoyable work enviorment. All employees were encouraged to be pleasant to eachother and patients. As a staff, we were always busy but stayed on top of tasks that needed to be done for the day. I admired how flexible they were when it came to upcoming appointments and events. Senior staff were very patient when it came to me learning how to check patients in and out and also accepting copays.
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive work enviroment
Cons
Limited ability to move up
Free lunches and occasionally breakfast, paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation a year and monthly bonuses.
Lab manager/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much and all my job requirements. But, management was so poor that it made your job and performance very difficult because they were on your backs all the time. Even though I knew my job very well, my 2 managers would try to micro manage something they knew nothing about. One would tell you to do it one way and the other would tell you to do it another, therefore, to them it was never done right. They loved writing you up for thing that were so insignificant that you felt like you were in elementary school. There was a total lack of organization so the facility never ran smoothly. The way you learned anything there, was to get written up and you didn't even know that it was something you were or were not supposed to do. It was always the blame game. My immediate supervisor rarely took responsibility for her mistakes and would blame it on an employee. Total chaos and confusion. Stress level stayed so high with all the employees.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, free lunches and occasionally breakfast, 3 weeks vacation and paid holidays, wonderful work hours
Cons
Low pay and very poor management
Friendly coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work: Busy and challenging
What I learned: My employer is not loyal to their employee's.
Management: My manager is not loyal to the employee's.
My co-workers: Hard working and dedicated towards their patients.
The Hardest part of my job: Keeping a head of the phone triage and medication refills.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Rooming patients and building relationships with the patients.
Pros
Friendly patients
Cons
No break and long hours
Excited to come to work everyday
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 8, 2015
I have worked in a medical office for almost 20 years. 15 years at my current employer. He has decided to close his practice so I am actively seeking full-time employment. I love coming to work, and helping people. A typical day for me includes, checking people in for appointments and checking them out after appointments. I put in all new patient data, and bill the claims to all insurances. I also schedule appointments, test and procedures, I also am in charge of prior authorizations for procedures and medications. I send prescriptions electronically,and I prepare lab slips. I am very efficient in medical terminology and, ICD-9 and CPT Coding. In my present position the one thing I learned was to do EKG'S, I have 2 co-workers, and we work well together. I think the hardest part of my job
sometimes would be trying to get authorizations for test and medications from insurance companies, The most enjoyable part is when everything runs smoothly and I can call the patients that everything was approved.
Pros
Being happy about going to work everday
Cons
No benefits
Compasionite work
Migrant Health LPN (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYJuly 8, 2016
Working at the Center for Recovery is a humbling work environment. This work is one of the most rewarding. It's helping a different type of ill person. As a health care professional you learn to see how medicine is more then just physical, this gives you the whole mind body and soul experience to medicine.
Productive experience at Family Medicine
Office Assistant/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 1, 2016
Starting in 2001 as an office clerk I was assigned simple office tasks. During my summers off from my undergraduate studies I increased my experience after being promoted to medical assistant. in 2010 after graduating I became the Office Manager of Family Medicine, PA until the time of sale in 2015.
Productive & fast pace working enviroment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAApril 30, 2016
A typical day at work including communicating with patients about their reason for visiting & dates for future patient appointments.Learned how to use computers in a more organized fashion. Co-workers were very patient in teaching me in their everyday tasks.The hardest part of the job was having multiple tasks being thrown at me while trying to compute data for patients in front of me.
good coworkers and educational position
CMA/ Assistant Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2016
I have learned a lot working with these doctors, and i enjoy my job and my co-workers. I am a busy person and a typical day is very fast paced and I enjoy this and desire to stay active.
Pros
family type environment
Cons
little room for growth
I loved working for Family Medicine Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMay 17, 2016
Working at Family Medicine Clinic in Texas was my first Medical Assisting job. I learned so many skills from working there. I enjoyed this job so much because it was not just for a paycheck - I not only gained some of the best friendships, but the interaction and relationships that I had with the patients are all so memorable.
Family Practice Clinic
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJuly 25, 2016
Very busy medical clinic with 2 MD's, and a Nurse Prac. Usual day included 80+ patients, urgent walk-ins. Great co-workers but management was spread out among 2 clinics and hospital which was sometimes vague and confusing. Overall great place.
Happy to make feel better.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 29, 2016
Meeting patients checking their vitals and make sure their visit is as comfortable as possible. I learned how important to take care of your body. The management team is awesome they all play a very important role and excellent teamwork. The hardest part of the job was getting attach to the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was able help a sick person well again.
Great Learning Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 17, 2016
Family Medical Center was a great place to learn the basics and some vbery important things about being a medical assistant. The doctor was very hands on during my externship there and he did a lot of teaching.
Pros
One on One with the doctor
Cons
Not enough time in the day
Great coworkers and love being involved in teaching the residents
LVN (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 4, 2015
A typical day includes seeing up to 13 patients every morning and/or afternoon and providing holistic care to patients that range in age from "cradle to grave". I have learned so many skills and seen aspects of nursing care that I didn't have the opportunity to experience in nursing school. I work with some really great people and great managers. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes the workload is heavy and it can be trying to get everything done in a timely fashion without sacrificing any part of my job. Patient care is, of course, the first priority, but it is the things behind the scene which support the care I give that I have to be able to handle that makes me realize I need more hours in the day! Prioritizing and multi-tasking are a must to be successful in completing all the work that needs to be accomplished. In addition to that though, I make sure to be a team player, helping my co-workers so that we can get everything done that's expected of us. Teamwork makes the dream work! I enjoy almost all aspects of my job. If I can make one person feel better everyday than I feel like I have done my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay isn't as high as I wish and there's rarely opportunity for advancement.