Family Medicine Employee Reviews

Friendly coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work: Busy and challenging
What I learned: My employer is not loyal to their employee's.
Management: My manager is not loyal to the employee's.
My co-workers: Hard working and dedicated towards their patients.
The Hardest part of my job: Keeping a head of the phone triage and medication refills.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Rooming patients and building relationships with the patients.
Pros
Friendly patients
Cons
No break and long hours
busy family practice clinic
Acute Care Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2016
Great place to work and good people. Busy clinic with long hours and build good rapport with patients. Family medicine setting seeing chronic illnesses and acute.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
overtime work
Learned dealing with different type of medical cases
Clinical Extern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
I work 7 a till 12 pm at the hospital and 1 pm till 6 pm at the doctor's office. I love working the other staff. The hardest part of the job is to get up early in the morning to get to work as I was riding the bus....
Pros
free lunch
Cons
need to wake up early
Free lunches and occasionally breakfast, paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation a year and monthly bonuses.
Lab manager/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLApril 6, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much and all my job requirements. But, management was so poor that it made your job and performance very difficult because they were on your backs all the time. Even though I knew my job very well, my 2 managers would try to micro manage something they knew nothing about. One would tell you to do it one way and the other would tell you to do it another, therefore, to them it was never done right. They loved writing you up for thing that were so insignificant that you felt like you were in elementary school. There was a total lack of organization so the facility never ran smoothly. The way you learned anything there, was to get written up and you didn't even know that it was something you were or were not supposed to do. It was always the blame game. My immediate supervisor rarely took responsibility for her mistakes and would blame it on an employee. Total chaos and confusion. Stress level stayed so high with all the employees.
Pros
Monthly bonuses, free lunches and occasionally breakfast, 3 weeks vacation and paid holidays, wonderful work hours
Cons
Low pay and very poor management
very unorganized facility with very poor management
Lab manager/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  3839 CR 218 Middleburg, FL 32068April 6, 2016
I loved my job and worked very very hard with approximately 30 min break out of a 10 -11 hour day. I enjoyed my patients very much and in return they loved me. I would do anything that was asked of me to help the medical facility to lesson the load for the other employees. I got along with the other employees and was always ready to help them with their work. I never was late or missed a day unless I was on vacation. I loved the blood and lab work so much that I was always researching different test and the anatomy of the body as well as different techniques that would make the blood specimens as accurate as they could be. I was always learning new things and felt like I could never learn enough. The down side is that the practice was so unorganized that it kept the entire staff walking on egg shells.me. I have been a business owner my entire life until I moved to Florida 6-1/2 years ago so I know how to manage a work place as well as employees. I had never experienced such poor management in my life. Our manager would chew us out in front of other employees as well as patients. My upper manager as well as my immediate manager never told us we did anything right but almost daily would correct us for something we had done wrong. I was accused of so many things that I did not even know about but they would not let you defend yourself. You had to just take the blame. In one year all the employees that had been there as long as 12 years either got fired or quit. We all got to where the pressure was so strong that we could not preform our jobs to the best of our ability in fear  more... of getting in trouble. One manager would tell us to do things one way and the other manager would tell us to do it another. It became unbearable. I had worked there 4-1/2 years and never got a raise. It had been 8 years since anyone got a raise.  less
Pros
Monthly bonuses, Free lunches and occasionally breakfast, Did not have to pay for Doctor appointments, very close to my home, all the employees got along and helped each other, great work hours Monday thru Friday with paid holidays as well as 3 weeks vacation a year
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Danielle Summary
Medical Aide (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 5, 2016
I would love to be in a fast paced environment where i am helping others as well as a friendly environment that myself and other could enjoy
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 24, 2016
very friendly boss and co wokers. a great place to start up if you want to get into medical field. you can learn a lot during work
Pleasant work enviroment
Back office/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2016
I looked forward to going to work everyday knowing that my co-workers worked as a team. Family oriented management was a plus
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 15, 2016
It certainly opened up my knowledge and skills. Gave me hands on experience. Did a variety of things. Enjoyed my externship there.
productive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 3, 2016
Every day is a busy day at work, enjoy each co-worker and learned alot form each of them they were nice and caring people. The office is very busy so learned how to be fast and efficient in the job
caring
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Oaks, TXFebruary 18, 2016
we care a lot about our patient, just making sure everyone keep themselves safe and healthy and eating right. and we all want to see our patient going strong
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2016
really enjoyed working there. hated to leave. paid well but do not give raises. give great bonuses, staff really get along well with the patients and each other.
an okay work place
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2016
doctors and staff was great to work with. didn't give me a lot of training but it was great. and patients was great. the most enjoyable part of the jobs was the patients.
Medical Assisstant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 13, 2016
The job was a challenge. A lot of difficulties, but definitely made me better at my job. It was too much work with little employees, however, because of my working preference, I was able to challenge my skills, improve, and move up for advancement.
productive and fun workplace
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2016
It was such a learning experience, the clinic is a family practice clinic. I got to do EKG's, shots, injections, obtain vitals, room patients, work with five different doctors.
Pros
5 different doctors
Cons
short lunch beak
Great experience, wonderful people.
Extern, Subhash C. Sikder, M.D., D.O (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Took medical histories and recorded vital signs. Prepared patients for exams and assisted the physician during examinations. Involved my self with the patients.
medical assistant
Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, EKG Technician (Current Employee) –  Selden, NYFebruary 9, 2016
nota bad place to start but I wouldn't recommend staying there and making this your career, good to learn new skills and to use as a stepping stool to further your education.
very busy office
LPN (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILFebruary 8, 2016
very busy office with multiple physicians, with care from infant through geriatrics. Good office atmosphere. Good place to learn multiple areas of office nursing.
Good Learning
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 4, 2016
Working at Family Practice gives a lot of skills and opportunity to learn office related material. It is a great precursor to LPN skills and demonstrations.
Good honest Company
Building and Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Working at FMP is like being part of a family it has its good and bad times but it never changes how you feel about them. I cant put into words how much i learned and grew at this company.