Family Physicians Group Employee Reviews

Medical staff was great, management was lacking.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I loved working with the doctors and patients of the office. I found the management to be sorely lacking as the office manager spent most of her time doing social activities, solo and with other staff members. Eventually she was replaced, but the replacement was a woman who had no managerial experience or training.
Pros
Social interaction with physicians and patients.
Cons
Poor management.
Bilingual Customer Service
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2016
A company rich in cultural diversity,
Fast pace environment
Lots of outbound phone calls
The hardest part of the job was being seated for long hours consistently making phone calls to friendly and not so friendly patients.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Temporary Position
Busy, Fast paced
Front Desk Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2016
It's a busy fast paced environment. Had a great relationship with the patients. they need to hire more help. and they need to pay more attention to there co-workers being in clicks and causing office gossip.
Pros
busy fast paced office
Cons
hire more people that work together as a tram
Great people in office
Lead triage RMA (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLNovember 26, 2016
This is a good company to work for. Great office and good doctors. The company is located out of Orlando, Fl. They also have 21 locations throughout the Orlando area.
Pros
free lunches most of the time
Cons
Not enough PTO days
productive and fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Poinciana, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Friendly environment, knowledgeable Staff
busy office management slways available for support snd guidance
Pros
free lunches
i give a 5 star to FPG
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLJanuary 11, 2017
the patients were nice the drs were nice to work with and it is a very busy group benefits were good management were easy to speak with
Horrible stay away!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 26, 2016
By far the worst job ever! No raises, a lot of work, no appreciation , no team work, a lot of gossip and drama. No growth, PTO sucks,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible management
Good Place for Advancement
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working here, I met a lot of great people, learned a lot, they provided education/Training for new quality care for patients as well as CPR....I believe that they did a great job in marketing as well keeping their employees updated on different job levels that apply to your position or what you would like to advance to
Pros
Good Benefits/Great people to work with
Cons
N/A
Ok to work in some locations
Rma (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 10, 2016
Not all locations are created equal. Needs more employee graditute and acknowledgement. Too much pressure and stress on medical assistants. Employees need a Voice to stick up for them, they're mostly afraid.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Aggressive behavior- doctors
EMR Medical Assistant Trainer
EMR Medical Assistant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2015
EMR Medical Assistant Trainer August 2010-Dec. 2011
• Delivered on-site training in training lab with web based, video, and hands on training and remote coaching to clinical staff regarding the EHR system.
• Documented reports trainee's progress and submitted to trainee's supervisor
• Provided entry level tech support to staff.
• Assisted Medical Assistants with Clinical duties such as obtaining vital signs, patient medical histories, and procedures.
Very busy place, employees not appreciated, no room for advancement
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2015
Very busy all day, employees are not appreciated, no room for advancement, no benefits, no vacation or sick days until after a year, had to work holidays including day after thanksgiving, Christmas eve, new year day, manager was a gossiper and liked to throw people under the bus. Had to update a lot of information in the EMR but given not enough time to accomplish it, doctors and nurse practitioners are always behind but always in a rush to get in the rooms. The only good thing about it was the overtime.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Employees are not appreciated and worked like slaves.
The information is correct
RN Case Manager/Acute - Triage (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 2, 2014
It is a hectic place to work which make my day to go fast. I love hands on and I am doing that in my daily routine. There is no team work which make it a little tough, the hardest part of the job is being on call on weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with patients and have the satisfaction that my knowledge helped someone to improve their health.
Pros
Working M-F except for weekend on call (every 6-8 weekend depending on the staff)
Cons
Only 3 sick days off throughout the whole year
A great place to work.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Villages FloridaApril 21, 2012
My typical day at work was a very productive day. I was very busy. The physicians in the office sent out a lot of referrals and i made sure that they were done within a 72 hour timeline. When the medical assisstants needed help with triage and blood draws i stepped in to help. If the front office needed help with check in and check out i helped them also. When the manager was out of the office i was her replacesment to keep things going. My coworkers were awesome, we all got along like family. The hardest part of my job was when i would have dificulty getting an insurance company to approve a diagnostice test to be done. My most enjoyable part of the job was making patients happy.
Pros
being able to help patient needs as they arose.
Cons
the glitches with in the emr.
Stressful Enviorment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TnMarch 30, 2013
Working at Family Physicians Group was a very stressful enviroment. To many people would worry about other peoples problems, instead of the task at hand. Providers and office manager were very unprofessional. They would yell at their personal in public. Threaten to fire their employees in front of patients. Everyone would complain about everything. Policies would be changed on a daily basis.
High work load without a firm administration
Case Manager/Hospital Rounding Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2013
A normal days work requires you to take direction from multiple managers, all of which have different ideas, and decide who you are going to follow. I have definitely increased my multi tasking abilities. Everyday you have a schedule of patient's that you must see for HEDIS, education,etc, you must follow up your MSO patient's that are in the hospital and SNF. You are required to perform outreach calls to all patient's who have multiple hospital admissions or who are at risk for hospitalization. Hospital rounds must be done twice a week. However, this company pays very well.
Pros
pay is good. will work with your schedule so you can go back to school.
Cons
stressful environment with too many managers giving different directions.
Profesional place to work with an overall raiting of 5 starts.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2014
Working at this office was grate. It was a unique experience. It was a productive work place and I had the oportunity to learn.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn about patients management and professional dedication from FPG.
Pros
Medical Insurance, 401 K, other benefits.
Cons
Healthcare
Great Docs to work with
Medical Asst/Phone Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNOctober 10, 2013
I learned the value of caring for patients on an individual basis
Always had an easy task of working with physicians with good attitude.
Lots of learning about new medicines and how to solve problems with patients
Very buisy atmosphere. Always work to do.
Pros
Drug Rep Lunches were amazing
Productive great enviroment
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  cordova tnJanuary 7, 2013
fast paced , great staff , easy work, lovely patients the most enjoyable part of working here was the patients I love see them happy and satisfied with my service.I've learned how to balance and calulate fee tickets and credit card balance.
Pros
free lunch great benifits
Professional Institution; Management was lacking
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLApril 8, 2015
I roomed patients for the doctors, assisted in the lab with blood draws and labeling as well as collection. Also performed EKG's and Home Visits
productive and informative
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Answering calls and handling patient issues. I learned to listen and figure out the best way to help the patients. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and learning different ways to solve problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Physicians Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8