FAMILY PRACTICE ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

Very wonderful learning experience.
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee), Bridgeton, NJAugust 20, 2015
Working in this office during my extern-ship helped prepare me for the working world. I learned alot especially doing this right after schooling and training.
Process request for precertification
Precertification Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington Twps, NJAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: None
I enjoyed working for this office. Its is a family based business. The owners office managers and drs treat you as if you are apart of there family
Hard work.....decent pay
Janitor (Current Employee), Springfield OhioAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Peaceful and quiet
Cons: night shift job
I usually start in the hours between 3:00 Pm and 4:30 Pm and end the evenings at 8:00 to 10:30 pm. This is a very physical job. I have been working for Family Practice for more than 5 years. The work environment is usually fairly calm. I only see a few coworkers a few times a week. I have learned to work alone and to be very productive in doing so. I would keep this job if it was a day shift job. I am needed at home in the evening so I am in search of a day shift job.
Amazing learning environment
Office Assistant / Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Ruidoso, NMJuly 9, 2015
Learning all aspects of each position in this facility taught me to jump in and help no matter what the job was. From nursing to front office back office and some maintenance leaving here i was able to be confident i can do any job.
great experience
Externship site (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJMay 13, 2015
both clinical and administrative work in a family practice. great experience gained. now I would love to expand my knowledge in the medical field
very busy
Nurse aide (Former Employee), Watertown, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: lunches giving certain days of the week
Cons: no room to grow within the business, and low pay
loved helping patients and the interaction
learned about more medical devices, and medications
co-workers were helpful and some not so much
Nice enviroment / wonderful ladies to work with
Medical Records Admin./Receptionist (Former Employee), Morris Plains, NJMarch 22, 2015
Pros: reps would bring lunch..loved it.
Cons: over worked and under paid....
A typical day at Family Practice consist of putting charts away. Pulling charts for the next day. I learned a lot about medical records, receiving request for medical records by insurance companies, lawyers etc. Managing medical records and patients needs (med refills.referrals) .My co-workers where team players. The staff was close, I enjoyed spending time with them outside work.
very fast paced
Lab/X-Ray Technician, Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free lunched
Cons: rarely took a lunch break
I enjoyed working with all the staff! Learned something new everyday for all the educated coworkers i worked with. We all worked well as a team.
Loved every moment
Back office Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Orange Park, FLMarch 4, 2015
Pros: lunches, and great group of doctors
I always started my day on a positive way. Enjoying your work place makes that easy. I learned many new skills and my coworkers were all like family. We worked together to keep our work environment running smoothly. Hardest part of my job was if we lost a patient to an illness. Most enjoyable part I would say letting our patients know they're important to us (Me) and that I truly cared about their health.
Adequate
Operator (Former Employee), Liverpool, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: loved my co-workers
Cons: no advancement, no raises
No chance for any advancement. My last raise was $.23 but my review was excellent for my performance
Productive place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Middletown, OHOctober 29, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: no room for advancement
Nice place to work, very busy. Co-workers nice to work . The most emjoyable part was working and helping the patients.
Very productive, and fun to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: staff was pleasant and the doctors treated me like a person
Cons: busy days with four doctors
Come in make sure that my desk was ready for the day, had to have schedule ready along with sign in sheets ready, made sure lobby was presentable, counted money box for the day, made sure copy/fax machine was stocked with paper and the toner was full. made sure charts for the day were in order of the appointments.
Great Company to work for and fun environment
Receptionist B (internship) (Former Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSJune 4, 2014
Pros: catered lunches at times
Cons: short breaks and half hour lunches
• Handled all front office responsibilities including
• Assisted in answering incoming telephone lines, directed all calls to proper extensions
• Set Scheduled patient appointments, patient referrals and all medical records.
• Maintained all office functions
• Assisted in faxed documents, incoming and outgoing mail and patient relations
A fast pace and friendly work invirorment, the doctors are great to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Fairhope, ALMay 29, 2014
Pros: we do get free lunches most days, two - three weeks paid vacation a year
Cons: low hourly pay, for the job responsiblilies, open on saturdays
My work day is usually very busy, which I like, multitasking is a must, I have learned most of my skills working here. I have great coworkers who have become my friends, I enjoy work with the patients, having an opportunity to make their day better and feel like I am making a difference. The hardest part of my job is having a patient you have come to know pass away.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2014
Pros: doctors are great to work with
Cons: manager plays favorites (something i would never have said, i was never on the wrong end as i flew under the radar but i am observant
work is constant with little down time so it makes for fast days. I was able to hone my clinical nursing skills. Co-workers and doctors are wonderful to work with but management can get on a power trip at times.
My work day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), West Grove, PAMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good enviroment, fast pace
Cons: distances from home
I always enjoy going into work, the office is the place for me, I love dealing with patients hands on and doing everything I can to make them leave with a smile. I've learned so much in my two years of working in the medical field, but the most important lesson I've learned is to keep patients happy and you will be rewarded. I am a medical assistant of a very well known, busy doctor. I enjoy the fast pace environment and the great people who work beside me. My favorite part of my job is assisting in minor surgical procedures.
Job is busy but rewarding.
Nurse (Current Employee), Leominster, MAApril 10, 2014
Pros: lunch time is a paid benefit.secretary is fun to work with.
Cons: boss tends to micro manage.
A typical workday consists of printing daily schedule, then taking scheduled patient into exam room and checking vital signs in preparation for visit with doctor. While patient in exam room with doctor, would make phone calls to patients who have had recent lab work, going over results and comments made by doctor.
Some days vaccines need to be counted or supplies checked to see if any ordering needs doing. I assist in answering the phone, scheduling appointments, triageing calls or whatever else may need doing. There is only one other employee besides the physician in the office who is the secretary. We work as a team and interact well with each other. The job is not hard for me as I can multi- task and like to be busy doing something at all times. The most enjoyable part for me is the socialization with others getting to know the patients who come in and recognizing their needs and assisting them with their care.
Radiologic Technologist / Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great staff
Cons: short breaks, very busy.
Family Practice was an extremely busy office, one patient after another, phone calls and messages, X-rays and Dexa scans to be done, the Dr. asking for help in various areas,
It was like a family.
I learned a tremendous amount relating to nursing and patient care in this office. Dr's were willing to teach.
I worked with some of the best staff and Physician's around.
Lunch was our time of rest often done standing up, then going quickly back to our jobs.
The hardest part was just keeping up with the work flow, the best part the office cared about each other as a team and people in general. You could go to the Physician's and talk out your needs or problems if need without judgement.
Management oversaw the flow of the office work.
Co-workers are easy to work with and make job seem easier some days
REFERRALS / RECEPTIONIST / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches from reps.
Cons: stress
Get along well with co-workers. Some days are more stressful than others. Not always appreciated for the work you do. I love the patients.
Interniship
Intern (Former Employee), Elkhart, INMarch 5, 2014
Internship through school. good opportunity.Filed charts, communicated with patients, shadowed the nurses