FAMILY PRACTICE ASSOCIATES

FAMILY PRACTICE ASSOCIATES Employer Reviews

Very productive, and fun to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: staff was pleasant and the doctors treated me like a person
Cons: busy days with four doctors
Come in make sure that my desk was ready for the day, had to have schedule ready along with sign in sheets ready, made sure lobby was presentable, counted money box for the day, made sure copy/fax machine was stocked with paper and the toner was full. made sure charts for the day were in order of the appointments.
Great Company to work for and fun environment
Receptionist B (internship) (Former Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSJune 4, 2014
Pros: catered lunches at times
Cons: short breaks and half hour lunches
• Handled all front office responsibilities including
• Assisted in answering incoming telephone lines, directed all calls to proper extensions
• Set Scheduled patient appointments, patient referrals and all medical records.
• Maintained all office functions
• Assisted in faxed documents, incoming and outgoing mail and patient relations
A fast pace and friendly work invirorment, the doctors are great to work for.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Fairhope, ALMay 29, 2014
Pros: we do get free lunches most days, two - three weeks paid vacation a year
Cons: low hourly pay, for the job responsiblilies, open on saturdays
My work day is usually very busy, which I like, multitasking is a must, I have learned most of my skills working here. I have great coworkers who have become my friends, I enjoy work with the patients, having an opportunity to make their day better and feel like I am making a difference. The hardest part of my job is having a patient you have come to – more... know pass away. – less
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 20, 2014
Pros: doctors are great to work with
Cons: manager plays favorites (something i would never have said, i was never on the wrong end as i flew under the radar but i am observant
work is constant with little down time so it makes for fast days. I was able to hone my clinical nursing skills. Co-workers and doctors are wonderful to work with but management can get on a power trip at times.
My work day
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), West Grove, PAMay 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good enviroment, fast pace
Cons: distances from home
I always enjoy going into work, the office is the place for me, I love dealing with patients hands on and doing everything I can to make them leave with a smile. I've learned so much in my two years of working in the medical field, but the most important lesson I've learned is to keep patients happy and you will be rewarded. I am a medical assistant – more... of a very well known, busy doctor. I enjoy the fast pace environment and the great people who work beside me. My favorite part of my job is assisting in minor surgical procedures. – less
Job is busy but rewarding.
Nurse (Current Employee), Leominster, MAApril 10, 2014
Pros: lunch time is a paid benefit.secretary is fun to work with.
Cons: boss tends to micro manage.
A typical workday consists of printing daily schedule, then taking scheduled patient into exam room and checking vital signs in preparation for visit with doctor. While patient in exam room with doctor, would make phone calls to patients who have had recent lab work, going over results and comments made by doctor.
Some days vaccines need to be counted – more... or supplies checked to see if any ordering needs doing. I assist in answering the phone, scheduling appointments, triageing calls or whatever else may need doing. There is only one other employee besides the physician in the office who is the secretary. We work as a team and interact well with each other. The job is not hard for me as I can multi- task and like to be busy doing something at all times. The most enjoyable part for me is the socialization with others getting to know the patients who come in and recognizing their needs and assisting them with their care. – less
Radiologic Technologist / Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great staff
Cons: short breaks, very busy.
Family Practice was an extremely busy office, one patient after another, phone calls and messages, X-rays and Dexa scans to be done, the Dr. asking for help in various areas,
It was like a family.
I learned a tremendous amount relating to nursing and patient care in this office. Dr's were willing to teach.
I worked with some of the best staff and Physician's – more... around.
Lunch was our time of rest often done standing up, then going quickly back to our jobs.
The hardest part was just keeping up with the work flow, the best part the office cared about each other as a team and people in general. You could go to the Physician's and talk out your needs or problems if need without judgement.
Management oversaw the flow of the office work. – less
Co-workers are easy to work with and make job seem easier some days
REFERRALS / RECEPTIONIST / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches from reps.
Cons: stress
Get along well with co-workers. Some days are more stressful than others. Not always appreciated for the work you do. I love the patients.
Interniship
Intern (Former Employee), Elkhart, INMarch 5, 2014
Internship through school. good opportunity.Filed charts, communicated with patients, shadowed the nurses
Fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Typical work place Very easy going. They are laid back. Willing to teach if your willing to learn. You have some lunch ins. Co workers are ideal.
thourally enjoyed this job although it was a lot of hours
Office Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 6, 2013
drive to retirement facilities, psychiatric facilities and prison facilities to obtain both diagnostic radiographs and EKG's.
Process radiographs, get interpretation from radiologist and calling said report back to the ordering facility.
management of 13 vans and personal
receptionist, referral clerk & medical biller
Referral Clerk and Medical Biller (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 28, 2013
on any one day I would post charges & payments to patients accts. I would run reports. run insurance claims to bill insurance companies. electronically bill Medicare & MediCal. run patient statements.
friendly environment
Data Entry/Coding Clerk (Former Employee), alameda st Corpus Christi, Texas 78411October 1, 2013
Pros: free breakfast, free lunch
Cons: no breaks
We all work together, We learned how to post cash payment for patient see by the Doctors in our office. Management was good
co-workers were very nice. The enjoyable was dressing up for Halloween and getting breakfast and lunch from Representative.
very nice place to work and leinient
Computer Operator (Current Employee), Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: not getting 40 hrs
I like this job and the postion I do , I am a people person and I love working in the public
A well-established part of the medical community.
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee), Allen, TXSeptember 10, 2013
For more than 20 years now, Family Practice Associates has served the diverse medical needs of the Allen, Texas community.
Some pros, but more cons
Clerical Administrator (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lunch from drug representatives, bonuses when affordable
Cons: poor management
Nice and friendly staff. Office manager not so much of a team player; intimidating, no sense of humor, needs customer service skills, no compassion for patients/people in general, errors in medication, when called on errors or other issues brushes it off as she does nothing wrong, back stabbing, finds ways to fire staff that she does not like, very – more... hard to work with. – less
A great place to work
Billing Manager (Former Employee), Hudson Falls, NYJune 25, 2013
Pros: great family owned and operated business
Family owned and operated for many years. Great family to belong to. Most employees are there to stay. Enjoyed my time there.
I enjoyed the work i did but management was not good at all.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 25, 2013
Working with the team i worked with was great but however the rules changed daily not room to advance and the way management talk to you was not good at all.
Great group of people to work with.
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee), Elkhart, INJune 7, 2013
Pros: the co-workers.
Cons: i haven't been hired there yet.
I learned quite a bit; from the front office to the back office. A typical day was full of smiles among employees and the patients. Learning how the doctor's wanted things was the most difficult part of the day. The most enjoyable part was knowing we were all there to help others to feel better.
Externship
Externship (Former Employee), Benton, ARJune 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches, professional atmosphere
Cons: no pay
This location was my medical assistant school externship site. I learned alot about what it is to be a medical assistant and received a stable background in family practice work.