Family Resource Center

Family Resource Center Employer Reviews

a good place to work
Intensive In-home Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: ability to help families
Cons: the pay is not competitive
In this job there I had supportive co workers. Friendly environment. However, there were no raises during my time working there.
2014 Non-profit organization, fun place to work
Graphic Designer (Internship) (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2015
I have a graphic assignment in the morning with deadlines.
I learned to work in a graphic design field and to know everyone of my co-workers.
Case Management
Case Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Good benefits, but low morale among employees. We are constantly overworked. The benefits are not worth the amount of work. You pretty much feel like you're working 24/7.
FAST PACE BUT A GREAT EXPERIENCE
Employee (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Great place to work, jut know how to separate your work and personal life
fun Place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2015
The environment was nice and th people there were very helpful and enjoyed working for this company.
Good Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIDecember 18, 2014
As a student who is going to school for Social Work, this was a good place to start and experience what it will be like as a social worker. Management is pretty friendly and nice, and willing to help in any way. Some of the co-workers were decent as well.
heling profession
Senior Full Case Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 26, 2014
Pros: diverse population
Cons: biased promotions
heavy caseloads
sometimes long hours
long court hours
family-like atmosphere
case management
case manager (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 13, 2014
Worked with some wonderful people. I would recommended the organization to anyone as a first time job as a social worker.
Organized company, staff are friendly
Therapist (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, equal compensation
Cons: a lot of driving
Great place to work! Employees care about their clients and work well with all providers in the company. I have learned how to provide individual therapy to children and adolescents, as well as their families. Hardest Part: Driving. Most Enjoyable Part: Conducting therapy with children.
Fun working place
Childcare Provider (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJanuary 15, 2014
I loved this job, it is fun exciting and you always get to meet new people. The best part of this job is the people you encounter, they are from all over the world and it is very interesting learning new Coulter or ways of life.
Rewarding job working with others
PSR Specialist (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great people.
Cons: driving, too dependent upon medicaid
FRC has given me the opportunity to continue to work with others that have need of my special skill set. It is nice to work with people in the mental health field and give them the skills necessary to be successful in their daily lives.
Great Work Place
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Lima, OHDecember 24, 2013
Pros: utilizing my skills learned during college
Cons: being laid off due to annual budgetary issues. (non-profit agency)
Creating databases in excel to include all employees information. I was given the responsibility to create a database for this company to identify; licensure renewal data, vacation data, etc. I learned to appreciate every opportunity that is given me. Open door policy.
My co-worker was an excellent teacher and friend. The hardest part was being laid off due to annual budgetary issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was being allowed to use my creativity and skills that were learned while in college.
Fun learning environment perfect for children
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches, zumba exercise, and computer time
Cons: not many co-workers
The Family Resource Center at Warwick Square Apartments provides a perfect place for children to do their homework as well as have fun. Both managers are friendly and eager the help the children and parents. They provide the families with grocery items and tutoring for the children. A typical day there is always fun because there's always children smiling and enjoying they time spent there. From volunteering at the resource center I learned that true happiness comes from making others happy and knowing you did a good job. Although there was not much co-workers, there was never a time a child didn't get the help or attention they needed. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing you made a difference in a child's life.
worked with nurses and social workers
Intern (Former Employee), van nuysDecember 1, 2013
Cons: short brakes
i would file paper work ,take patients to their room , take families to their spouse room ,translate in Spanish while talking on the phone
exiting, fun, and great place to work
Case Manager Aide (Former Employee), MiamiNovember 18, 2013
CO workers are warm and welcoming. Supervisors fun, strong, and a pleasure to work for
Poor work environment
Clinical Therapist and Assessor (Former Employee), idaho falls, IDAugust 30, 2013
Cons: management
Very little support from management. Very stressful environment.
Easy work as a receptionist
Volunteer (Current Employee), Oxford, OHAugust 27, 2013
I only volunteer here so I can't say anything about the pay or benefits.
They care about people in the community and help them out with financial or social obstacles. I work as the receptionist, pretty easy work.
Very Supportive and Productive Work Environment
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee), Calhoun, GAAugust 20, 2013
The Family Resource Center is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is very helpful and supportive. I learned that I can help people in more ways than one and I can also support people in their life skills even if they feel there are none. The hardest part of this particular job is that you get easily emotionally attatched no matter how hard you try not to. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job is witnessing milestones and changes in the child as well as the parent and seeing the moment they realize they have done things on their own.
Great Co-workers
Foster Care and Adoption Case Manager (Current Employee), St. LouisJuly 18, 2013
Very family friendly work environment. Great Co-workers. Stressful at times with working with the families.
Supportive environment
Foster Care Adoption/Case Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MoMay 29, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, worked out in the field, tried making a difference in the lives i was involved with
Cons: dangerous neighborhoods, salary, had to work into the early morning hours if there was an issue with the child
I was a Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager. Most of my daily activity consisted of home visits, parental supervision during visits, preparation for court hearings, facilitating team meetings, setting goals for the families and helping them accomplish them so the children could return safely. I also had to keep thorough documentation for court subpoenas as well as the best interest of the child overall.