Family Resource Center Employee Reviews in United States

productive and calm workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCOctober 14, 2015
A day a the Family Resource is very calm and productive. I've learn that your attitude, tone of voice, and being a listening ear can help someone in something that seem as the worst time of life. Its an indescribable feeling you have when you have help someone feel better on their healing journey. Its a plus when I have an awesome group of people who work together no matter what their job tittle.
Pros
duties, employees, employer, work environment
Cons
healthcare, hours
a good place to work
Intensive In-home Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 14, 2015
In this job there I had supportive co workers. Friendly environment. However, there were no raises during my time working there.
Pros
ability to help families
Cons
the pay is not competitive
heling profession
Senior Full Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 26, 2014
heavy caseloads
sometimes long hours
long court hours
family-like atmosphere
Pros
diverse population
Cons
biased promotions
Supportive environment
Foster Care Adoption/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MoMay 29, 2013
I was a Foster Care/Adoption Case Manager. Most of my daily activity consisted of home visits, parental supervision during visits, preparation for court hearings, facilitating team meetings, setting goals for the families and helping them accomplish them so the children could return safely. I also had to keep thorough documentation for court subpoenas as well as the best interest of the child overall.
Pros
flexible schedule, worked out in the field, tried making a difference in the lives i was involved with
Cons
dangerous neighborhoods, salary, had to work into the early morning hours if there was an issue with the child
It wasn't easy but it was rewarding at times.
Supervised Visitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COMay 9, 2013
Working with families was very rewarding. The best part of my job was getting to see and be apart of some very gentle moments between non-custodial parents and their children. However, the working environment was difficult to deal with. As a non-profit the finance situation is ever changing. Management and board did not know how to effectively communicate their needs to staff causing confusion and difficulty in being successful.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
unpredictable management who changes things without letting staff know.
Great company
Full Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Amazing place to work ! I would recommend this job to anyone who loves working with children. Good benefits and vacation
Case Management
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Good benefits, but low morale among employees. We are constantly overworked. The benefits are not worth the amount of work. You pretty much feel like you're working 24/7.
Good Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIDecember 18, 2014
As a student who is going to school for Social Work, this was a good place to start and experience what it will be like as a social worker. Management is pretty friendly and nice, and willing to help in any way. Some of the co-workers were decent as well.
Organized company, staff are friendly
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Great place to work! Employees care about their clients and work well with all providers in the company. I have learned how to provide individual therapy to children and adolescents, as well as their families. Hardest Part: Driving. Most Enjoyable Part: Conducting therapy with children.
Pros
friendly staff, equal compensation
Cons
a lot of driving
Fun learning environment perfect for children
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 16, 2013
The Family Resource Center at Warwick Square Apartments provides a perfect place for children to do their homework as well as have fun. Both managers are friendly and eager the help the children and parents. They provide the families with grocery items and tutoring for the children. A typical day there is always fun because there's always children smiling and enjoying they time spent there. From volunteering at the resource center I learned that true happiness comes from making others happy and knowing you did a good job. Although there was not much co-workers, there was never a time a child didn't get the help or attention they needed. The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing you made a difference in a child's life.
Pros
free lunches, zumba exercise, and computer time
Cons
not many co-workers
Great Work Place
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 24, 2013
Creating databases in excel to include all employees information. I was given the responsibility to create a database for this company to identify; licensure renewal data, vacation data, etc. I learned to appreciate every opportunity that is given me. Open door policy.
My co-worker was an excellent teacher and friend. The hardest part was being laid off due to annual budgetary issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was being allowed to use my creativity and skills that were learned while in college.
Pros
utilizing my skills learned during college
Cons
being laid off due to annual budgetary issues. (non-profit agency)
Easy work as a receptionist
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, OHAugust 27, 2013
I only volunteer here so I can't say anything about the pay or benefits.
They care about people in the community and help them out with financial or social obstacles. I work as the receptionist, pretty easy work.
Very Supportive and Productive Work Environment
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 20, 2013
The Family Resource Center is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is very helpful and supportive. I learned that I can help people in more ways than one and I can also support people in their life skills even if they feel there are none. The hardest part of this particular job is that you get easily emotionally attatched no matter how hard you try not to. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job is witnessing milestones and changes in the child as well as the parent and seeing the moment they realize they have done things on their own.
Poor work environment
Clinical Therapist and Assessor (Former Employee) –  idaho falls, IDAugust 30, 2013
Very little support from management. Very stressful environment.
Cons
management
2014 Non-profit organization, fun place to work
Graphic Designer (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 10, 2015
I have a graphic assignment in the morning with deadlines.
I learned to work in a graphic design field and to know everyone of my co-workers.
Fast pace but a great experience
Employee (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Great place to work, jut know how to separate your work and personal life
Rewarding job working with others
PSR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 11, 2014
FRC has given me the opportunity to continue to work with others that have need of my special skill set. It is nice to work with people in the mental health field and give them the skills necessary to be successful in their daily lives.
Pros
flexible schedule, great people.
Cons
driving, too dependent upon medicaid
The most enjoyable part of the job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2013
My hobby is my work.I get to meet folks from all around the world.I'm flown to locations all over the country and the world and get to see places most will never see.I get to learn about many different industries when working various trade shows.Most importantly, I'm able to provide for my family.
case management
case manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 13, 2014
Worked with some wonderful people. I would recommended the organization to anyone as a first time job as a social worker.
Fun working place
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 15, 2014
I loved this job, it is fun exciting and you always get to meet new people. The best part of this job is the people you encounter, they are from all over the world and it is very interesting learning new Coulter or ways of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Resource Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2