Family Service Agency Employee Reviews

None given
In-Home Program Supervisor - Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
None given at this time. Company has lost their In Home Family Preservation Program contract with Department of Child Services and people are being laid off.
Opinions regarding Family Service Agency
Marriage/family Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CADecember 1, 2017
Management was great. Weekly supervision for therapists was excellent. Working conditions were sometimes poor. Working with students during school hours many times did not provide us with an appropriate setting to provide help for the students we were seeing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the juvenile offenders court system whereas I was part of the weekly court hearing. The judge would interview each prisoner as to what he or she was doing to change their life style. I was available to any juvenile offender who expressed an interest in seeing me.
Pros
Interesting work. Helping juveniles
Cons
School sometimes hindered us from providing counseling for needy students.
They still owe me wages
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2017
Company was managed so poorly it lost contracts and when they laid people off, several people including myself were not paid monies owed. I called, sent emails, went in person and was paid a little but not all. No advancement. Not honest. I would not recommend anyone work here unless you want to work for free
Pros
Coworkers were friendly
Cons
Management has no people skills
stay away
Family Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2017
The upper management is awful. They have no compassion for the employee or foster work-life balance. They only care about the bottom line and demand high billables without adequate compensation to their employees.
Helping Families in need
Credit Counseling Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 11, 2017
While at the Family Service Agency I worked with clients having credit problems. I was able to offer them credit counseling while also negotiating with their creditors to help them to reduce their financial issues and debt.

It was a rewarding job, helping people, but offered no potential for advancement.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No position advancement
Interns only...
Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 8, 2017
This place (from when I was there) had no real full-time clinician positions. Instead, they just offered part-time clinical hours to any MFTI's that were available in exchance for clinical supervision. It's a good place for your practicuum experience...but if you want to get hired, go elsewhere.
Pros
Nice office building in Burbank
Cons
No pay as a intern
Visitaation Supervisor
Visitation Facilitator/Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 13, 2017
AT first very family orientated work place, we were all a team, towards the end the director was holrrible, mean and did not want to work with families so she began to shut the program down.
Clinical Support Staff/ Billing person (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2017
Good place to work, good people working there, Nice clients and good job experience. Good pay and over all a good place to go for services that you would need.
Organized, helpful, respectful
School-based Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAMay 18, 2017
The schools I worked for had good principals and my supervisor was excellent. I gained greater skills in counseling. Management was available and helpful. The culture was fine. The hardest part of the job was trying to help students when parents weren't actively involved. The most enjoyable were seeing students excel.
Pros
The company I worked for was helpful and respectful
Cons
None that I can recall
Wonderful supportive group
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 30, 2017
I enjoyed working at Family Service Agency. They are a very supportive group. I enjoyed all of the programs that helped people and enjoyed all of the opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Positive environment. Supportive knowledgeable staff.
chill work place with drama not enough pay
suport staff (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR 72114April 9, 2017
Management is hardly involved, pay isn't great, HR Lady is not very helpful or responsive. too much work not enough staff. Agency is failing therefore many folk got laid off
Everyone is very kind
Helper (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Friendship is a major dynamic at FSA and I feel like I can call my co-workers my friends. The hardest part about working for FSA is getting shifts with hours that are compatible with your schedule.
Pros
Free snacks and coffee
Cons
Late hours
Received hours fast through school based program
Marriage and Family Therapy Intern/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Received hours fast through school based program. Had both good and less good supervisors. Good community between interns. Management is less friendly.
fun
Parent Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2016
Typical day is a 4 hour drive and 4 hour supervising visitations. I have learned a lot in how courts work with foster parents.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
driving
poor managment
Foster Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2016
poor direction, no leadership, moral is poor, no teamwork, low pay, employees are afraid to speak up about working conditions, no training, thrown into the field with no support
Good working environment, good supervision
Counseling Supervisor -- Consumer Credit (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 16, 2016
I've worked for Family Service Agency for almost 10 years. During that time I have been given increased responsibility and have had no problems with co-workers or supervisors.
Co-workers are like family, best ever!
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in. Finest co-workers I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Challenging population, but so fulfilling and a blessing to work with every day.
Not Professional environment
Accounting clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2015
My job is easy and I need more work to do. New CEO seems to have poor management skills and spends too much money for a non profit.
Pros
hours
Cons
I loved working there, it was challenging, rewarding and a great place to work, it had a wonderful program manager.
CAT and Hart Advocate, (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work, included a morning meeting with a contracted agency where you picked up information and had a mini case management meeting. Left and went to the office to check messages, referrals and care giver needs, made necessary phone calls and planned out the home visits and did the home visits that were on the board. Took your lunch, checked into the office did paper work on morning visits and checked the board for other
home visits and responded to any crisis and if you had time you made another home visit to check on and existing client then returned to finish any documentation or scheduling that needed to be done . If it was an office day you did intakes and helped with paperwork referrals or documentation. We had in house case management meetings on Tuesdays or Thursdays to discuss the case loads and results. We had regular Inservice meetings and trainings on a regular basis. There was an on Call schedule that changed weekly which required taking crisis phone calls and home visit interactions after the office closed.
I utilized all of my skills for the good of the clients we worked with.
My co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was finding care givers to do emergency crisis in home services for referred clients from the our contracted partner, do to the short on-call participants for the in home services, but we had a good group to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a position that allowed me to use my all of my skills, law enforcement, mental health and public relations,
  more... and knowing that I was doing something that benefited the community.  less
Pros
helping the elderly, working with the community to keep them safe, and knowing what I did made a difference in someones life.
Cons
That the non-profit closed its doors, and returned grants that were non competitive.
under-paid and under-appreciated
Clinical Supervisor, Trainer, and Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 3, 2014
FSA is a highly disorganized non-profit mental health agency with high staff turn-over due to poor management and terrible benefits. While some staff is exceptionally dedicated and working hard in difficult circumstances, burn out is high because the work is demanding and management offers little tangible support.
Pros
opportunity to help people
Cons
low pay, disorganized upper management, horrible health coverage