Family Service Agency Employee Reviews in United States

Good working environment, good supervision
Counseling Supervisor -- Consumer Credit (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 16, 2016
I've worked for Family Service Agency for almost 10 years. During that time I have been given increased responsibility and have had no problems with co-workers or supervisors.
Not Professional environment
Accounting clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2015
My job is easy and I need more work to do. New CEO seems to have poor management skills and spends too much money for a non profit.
Pros
hours
Cons
Co-workers are like family, best ever!
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJanuary 18, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in. Finest co-workers I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Challenging population, but so fulfilling and a blessing to work with every day.
under-paid and under-appreciated
Clinical Supervisor, Trainer, and Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 3, 2014
FSA is a highly disorganized non-profit mental health agency with high staff turn-over due to poor management and terrible benefits. While some staff is exceptionally dedicated and working hard in difficult circumstances, burn out is high because the work is demanding and management offers little tangible support.
Pros
opportunity to help people
Cons
low pay, disorganized upper management, horrible health coverage
I loved working there, it was challenging, rewarding and a great place to work, it had a wonderful program manager.
CAT and Hart Advocate, (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work, included a morning meeting with a contracted agency where you picked up information and had a mini case management meeting. Left and went to the office to check messages, referrals and care giver needs, made necessary phone calls and planned out the home visits and did the home visits that were on the board. Took your lunch, checked into the office did paper work on morning visits and checked the board for other
home visits and responded to any crisis and if you had time you made another home visit to check on and existing client then returned to finish any documentation or scheduling that needed to be done . If it was an office day you did intakes and helped with paperwork referrals or documentation. We had in house case management meetings on Tuesdays or Thursdays to discuss the case loads and results. We had regular Inservice meetings and trainings on a regular basis. There was an on Call schedule that changed weekly which required taking crisis phone calls and home visit interactions after the office closed.
I utilized all of my skills for the good of the clients we worked with.
My co-workers were great team players. The hardest part of the job was finding care givers to do emergency crisis in home services for referred clients from the our contracted partner, do to the short on-call participants for the in home services, but we had a good group to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a position that allowed me to use my all of my skills, law enforcement, mental health and public relations,
  more... and knowing that I was doing something that benefited the community.  less
Pros
helping the elderly, working with the community to keep them safe, and knowing what I did made a difference in someones life.
Cons
That the non-profit closed its doors, and returned grants that were non competitive.
Worked on my own
Parent Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2012
I was a mandated court reporter for a Family Service Agency where I worked side by side with Child Protective Services. My typical work day was driving around Maricopa County providing supervised visits to parents who were in the CPS system. I took their children to them and provided them weekly visits and I documented the visit. I learned to have a thick heart and to help others so they could have a second chance at life. I didnt get to see my co-workers due to our different work hours but would get to see them on Friday mornings at our meetings. The hardest part of my job was arriving home from a 10 hour work day and still having to type out my documents and not having enough time to spend with my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping men and women be better parents.
Pros
helped others
Cons
did not have time for a personal life.
Exciting place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2013
THe office is beautiful and in a great location. I sart by getting coffee from beautiful lunchroom and intermixing with co-woorkers.
Management team is very professional.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch on training days
Cons
n/a
produtive work
Teachers Aide (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 18, 2012
working very hard

How hard I could work and still have fun with my co-works and the kids.

Not so good.......

Very good people.............

Management ........

The children and my teammates.....
Pros
the kids-co-workers most
Cons
all.....
Ability to help people when they had no elsewhere to go
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 19, 2012
Being able to touch someone's live by just providing information to them.
Pros
working for a non profit agency
Cons
lack of benefits
Bilingual Parent Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2013
Great work environment, formed great friendships, good pay, great benefits, lots of training.
Wonderful place to work if Helping and teaching others is your passion!
Parent Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaNovember 16, 2011
Majority of the position held at this job was teaching parents the skills they needed to help them regain custody/ custodial rights of their children that were removed by Child Protective Services and placed in Foster care Homes.
Pros
seeing families grow anf bond, as a result of working with them.
Cons
"self-care is vital in this field
There's no room for growth.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CaMarch 6, 2012
I have learned a lot from this agency and my co workers, but I am ready for a change. There's not much growth in the agency.
Pros
my co workers and the clients i serve
Cons
no growth
a place where you are really helping people
Associate Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 2, 2012
overall a place where you felt like you were actually making a difference.
Great People
Big Brothers Big Sisters (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 3, 2013
The goals of the Family Service Agency are commendable. They are there for people who need them and they truly care.

2.9