FAMILY SERVICE ASSOCIATION

FAMILY SERVICE ASSOCIATION Employer Reviews

Great place to work, very productive
Seasonal Office Assistant (Former Employee), English Creek, NJMarch 2, 2015
I learned how to use all Microsoft programs, made me feel welcomed . put me to work fast gave me things to do. Taught me how to work under pressure with different task at once.
Uncertain Future with new management
Director of Development and External Relations (Former Employee), EHT, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: impactful work
Cons: management
No clear path to success with the current president. Lack of Board commitment to future by some board members. The senior team members have all left company
PreK teacher
Teacher 1 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: teaching the children
Cons: pay was below teacher salaries
Head Start was a new program to Family Service in 2009 and there were lots of kinks to work out. While Family Service is a great non profit, the program was so new, there was a learning curve. The budget shifted so lay offs were made.
Working with families to help stay them stayself suffient
Parent Advocate (Former Employee), San Antonio,TexaOctober 21, 2014
As a Parent Advocate we would assist families as they navigate threw the education screening, evaluation and placement as well help parents recognized as their children first teacher . Parent are the primary to ensure their children safety ,health, and education needs as a Parent Advocate we are in the frontline to help guide them for a better future for there children.
great 1st job out of college
Parent Advocate (Former Employee), San Antonio,TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: accrual of time off
Cons: short lunch
-Arrive at work prior to the children being dropped off at school to meet and greet the families and to speak with them if there are any concerns or missing required paperwork.
-Call the parents or guardians or the children who are absent and document the reason.
-review files to ensure everything is up to date.
-management unfortunately was not supportive and micro-managed.
-co-workers were awesome, always worked together as a team.
-hardest part of the job was seeing the hardship a lot of the families had to experience.
-the most enjoyable part was being able to help the families become self-sufficient
Impressive and professional environment to thrive.
Marriage and Family Therapy Intern (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: positive and thriving environment
Every day was new and exciting catering to client need and situation. Worked with amazing colleagues and clients, enjoyed performing community outreach and making a difference.
Workplace was alway about teamwork.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 16, 2014
Provided services for the community. Typical day was always hectic I had no set schedule and was constantly traveling from site to site. I had great co-workers that were always good about being team players, I have learned to better my multi-tasking skills and my problem solving skills as well. Hardest part of my job was the unstable work schedule but the most enjoyable was knowing our company was giving back to the community.
Great cause/Questionable Ethics
Clinician II (Former Employee), 702 San PedroSeptember 2, 2014
Not comfortable with providing further information.
Fortunately, I have an amazing clinical supervisor. Executive leadership in overpaid and under educated.
Fun and easy to work with others
Director (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 16, 2014
It was a fun and easy place to work but with lack of hours and benefits
Solid
Mentor/ Tutor (Former Employee), Moreno valley, CaAugust 11, 2014
Pros: people are nice
Cons: work harder receive horrible pay and if you don't like it they will hire someone else.
Although it may go down for its misuse of funding, and shady treatment of Staff, FSA is not that bad of a place.
Nice, family oriented place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newtonville, NJJuly 30, 2014
I enjoyed working for Family Service Association for the most part. There were things that could be improved such as communication between partners and better training. The job security is not 100% due to the fact that it is funded through different grants, and if a grant is pulled, or changes the requirements, you could be out of a job.
Professonal work place, employees make the day fun
Receptionist (Current Employee), Absecon, NJJuly 16, 2014
Pros: hour lunch, off on holidays and get paid, 2 weeks vaction every 6months
Cons: no raises nor job security, no job advancement
I am usually the first one in the building to open up the facility. Unlock the drawers where the charts are in for the Dr.s to recieve. I check in nd reschedule clients. Answer the phone calls and transfer them to the direct department and/or answer the questions as best as I can. Take in copayments from clients. My management is ok. They just need to get on one page to figure out what responsibilities my department needs to do and what not to do. Its hard to do the job when one tells you to one thing and the other tells you not to do it. What I've learned here is clerical work, I have receptionist experience but not clerical, I've gotten the exprience of working with charts and filing, getting to know more a little bit of a glance of working in the medical office can be. The best part of my job is the clients. Love working with them and for them. They have teached me alot about life withing itself.
Like working with great team players
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2014
Different task daily,

Different programs,

Very different kinds of attitude in management,

Like my co-workers,

When somethings start to malfunction,

When i'm finished with all of my assignments
mission is exceptional
Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2014
The opportunity that I was given to give back to my community has been a great experience for me.
care manger subcontracted to Bucks County Area Agency on Aging
Care Manager (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAMay 1, 2014
case manager with the older adult population of Bucks County.
Nice place to work
Women's Advocate (Former Employee), Kokomo, INApril 29, 2014
Very good people doing a very important job. The management is excellent.
Very diverse and fun work enviornment.
C.N.A Personal Care Provider (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: theres plenty of opprotunities for growth in the company
Cons: working at a part time level
The job is flexiable with my personal life schedule i get to travel and i'm accommendated for my travels. I learn different variations of people on a daily bases. Management is communicative with informing staff about changes in assignment.
The hardest part to be about the job is not getting attached to my clients because the are very lovable people to work with. The most enjoyable part of working at the job is putting a smile on the clients face knowing that they are happy with the work i provide.
Great coworkers and the kids are great!
Sub activity aide (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 8, 2014
Coworkers were all really helpful and know how to work as a team. The students were also great to work with. It is a very fun work environment.
Nice place to work
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CADecember 2, 2013
General ledger account management. I have learned not-for-profit accounting.
Positive work environment
Youth Case Manager (Former Employee), 3073 English Creek Road, EHT NJ 08234November 14, 2013
A family oriented and supportive environment from all staff members. I enjoyed helping families in the community by providing resources for them. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help every family to my fullest extent.

FAMILY SERVICE ASSOCIATION Salaries