Family Service Association Employee Reviews

Bad business for the community
S3nit (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAAugust 24, 2016
The place is run by the inmates. It's soooo sad
No one in higher management is held to their own standards unlike everyone else
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Low pay for high volume work
Fun
Sub Activity Aid (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 2, 2016
Lead class full of children into a classroom so they could start on their homework, sometimes it was difficult to get the class to calm down and finish their work. Best part was interacting with the kids when we would have p.e. they really liked a challenge when it came to an adult competing with them.
To help people out thats in need
Parent Educator (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJune 22, 2016
To provided mothers and their child / children educatonial material to raise a health baby,\. To be apart of a child / children life for three years is and amazing experience, to watch them grow from a newborn to a toddler.
fun place to work
Supervising Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 17, 2016
variety of cultures with families and co workers
flexible with schedules
other programs to move around to,
This was an overall pretty good place to work for
Productive, Fun Work Place
Teacger (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 13, 2015
Working with children makes me truly happy. I learn a lot of them each and everyday about life and myself. I really enjoy working with children.
Learning Experience
Clinician I (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
I have learned a lot in a short period of time. I have had a chance to work with a great team of clinicians' I will continue to collaborate with in the near future. Working with mandated teenagers has given me a chance to improve on my professional stamina and allowed me to learn more about family struggles and how they affect the whole system.
Pros
Quick learning
Cons
Clinician's expected to keep up with too much plus caseload for a small amount of money.
Tight knit family of employees
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Absecon, NJAugust 10, 2015
Great place to worker with supportive management. Not the highest paying job, but fulfilling advocating for those who cannot advocate for themselves.
Really enjoyed working with Family Service
Administrative Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJJuly 22, 2015
Everyday began the same way with typing transcriptions for the nurse practitioners' patients. This would usually take me most of the day to do because there were many dictations to be done. I was also responsible for calling patients to inform them of their appointment the following day. Signing and taking copays by patients was being done while Im doing my work throughout the day. Multitasking was important at Family Service.
Pros
I enjoyed my work, and my coworkers
Cons
Benefits werent very good and it was nonprofit agency so we didnt get raises.
rewarding job
Adult Family Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, massJuly 14, 2015
Working with physically and mentally impaired members has been very rewarding. It is amazing being able to advocate for these individuals to get them the things they need and deserve in life. Each member (depending on the members level of need) has a team; a case manager and a nurse that go to the home to meet with the member and caregiver. Family Service Association is a great company with higher management always being available for any suggestions or concerns that may arise.
Pros
mileage reimbursement, 3 weeks vacation to start
Marketing and Business Administration Intern‎ (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2015
During my internship at Family Service Association, I worked on data management for fundraising. I also did some survey design for all departments managers to assess the services of interns and volunteers. Photography of on-going events and for public relations purposes was also a part of my job, as well as assistance with Easter events ‎
tense office politics but good mission
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 9, 2015
The organization has a noble cause but the management running everything is biased and unrealistic with their expectations of work.
Pros
helps low-income people, wide variety of services
Cons
office politics, unreasonable standards, unreasonable management
it was productive and some experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 4, 2015
a typical day was filing, printing checks for clients bills to be paid. It was a steady pace of things to do. I enjoyed my time in the rep-payee department.
Pros
the employees, and the steady pace.
great place to work
Case Manager Kinship Legal Guardianship (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township Nj 08234April 20, 2015
great place to work ,helping people receive social services that are needed refereeing to different agency's
and helping children remain in the home
the hardest part is when a child was taken away
Internship Site
Graduate Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio ,TexasApril 7, 2015
This was a non paid practicum that was needed to conclude my Masters degree. During my time there, I conducted GAIN/M-90 assessments and Teen Addiction Severity Index Survey. I enjoyed learning from the different counselors as I shadowed a few clinical sessions and conducted a few on my own. I also provided case management services to families and clients after conducting a needs assessment
Worthwhile agency its a helpful and needed crisis intervention and preventiopn agency
Administrative Assistant/book keeper (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at FSA is busy, providing crisis services such as emergency food , emergency prescription help, Some days its not uncommon to serve 25 -30 families. The phone is always ringing and the Staff of 2 and its volunteers are Always greeting thier clients with a Smile and a listening ear. The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide everything all the time, but most rewarding is completing your day knowing you gave it your all and helped others to remain safe, sheltered and fed. That is the best feeling ever to help a family remain intact by providing basic needs.
Pros
friendly and genuine
Cons
not always able to solve the problem due to funding
Great place to work, very productive
Seasonal Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  English Creek, NJMarch 2, 2015
I learned how to use all Microsoft programs, made me feel welcomed . put me to work fast gave me things to do. Taught me how to work under pressure with different task at once.
Uncertain Future with new management
Director of Development and External Relations (Former Employee) –  EHT, NJFebruary 3, 2015
No clear path to success with the current president. Lack of Board commitment to future by some board members. The senior team members have all left company
Pros
impactful work
Cons
management
PreK teacher
Teacher 1 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2014
Head Start was a new program to Family Service in 2009 and there were lots of kinks to work out. While Family Service is a great non profit, the program was so new, there was a learning curve. The budget shifted so lay offs were made.
Pros
teaching the children
Cons
pay was below teacher salaries
Working with families to help stay them stayself suffient
Parent Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio,TexaOctober 21, 2014
As a Parent Advocate we would assist families as they navigate threw the education screening, evaluation and placement as well help parents recognized as their children first teacher . Parent are the primary to ensure their children safety ,health, and education needs as a Parent Advocate we are in the frontline to help guide them for a better future for there children.
Impressive and professional environment to thrive.
Marriage and Family Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 26, 2014
Every day was new and exciting catering to client need and situation. Worked with amazing colleagues and clients, enjoyed performing community outreach and making a difference.
Pros
positive and thriving environment