FAMILY SERVICE ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Tight knit family of employees
Case Manager (Current Employee), Absecon, NJAugust 10, 2015
Great place to worker with supportive management. Not the highest paying job, but fulfilling advocating for those who cannot advocate for themselves.
Really enjoyed working with Family Service
Administrative Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Absecon, NJJuly 22, 2015
Pros: I enjoyed my work, and my coworkers
Cons: Benefits werent very good and it was nonprofit agency so we didnt get raises.
Everyday began the same way with typing transcriptions for the nurse practitioners' patients. This would usually take me most of the day to do because there were many dictations to be done. I was also responsible for calling patients to inform them of their appointment the following day. Signing and taking copays by patients was being done while Im doing my work throughout the day. Multitasking was important at Family Service.
rewarding job
Adult Family Care Case Manager (Current Employee), Plymouth, massJuly 14, 2015
Pros: mileage reimbursement, 3 weeks vacation to start
Working with physically and mentally impaired members has been very rewarding. It is amazing being able to advocate for these individuals to get them the things they need and deserve in life. Each member (depending on the members level of need) has a team; a case manager and a nurse that go to the home to meet with the member and caregiver. Family Service Association is a great company with higher management always being available for any suggestions or concerns that may arise.
Marketing and Business Administration Intern‎ (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 23, 2015
During my internship at Family Service Association, I worked on data management for fundraising. I also did some survey design for all departments managers to assess the services of interns and volunteers. Photography of on-going events and for public relations purposes was also a part of my job, as well as assistance with Easter events ‎
tense office politics but good mission
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: helps low-income people, wide variety of services
Cons: office politics, unreasonable standards, unreasonable management
The organization has a noble cause but the management running everything is biased and unrealistic with their expectations of work.
it was productive and some experience
Internship (Former Employee), Fall River, MAMay 4, 2015
Pros: the employees, and the steady pace.
Cons: none
a typical day was filing, printing checks for clients bills to be paid. It was a steady pace of things to do. I enjoyed my time in the rep-payee department.
great place to work
Case Manager Kinship Legal Guardianship (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Township Nj 08234April 20, 2015
great place to work ,helping people receive social services that are needed refereeing to different agency's
and helping children remain in the home
the hardest part is when a child was taken away
Internship Site
Graduate Social Work Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio ,TexasApril 7, 2015
This was a non paid practicum that was needed to conclude my Masters degree. During my time there, I conducted GAIN/M-90 assessments and Teen Addiction Severity Index Survey. I enjoyed learning from the different counselors as I shadowed a few clinical sessions and conducted a few on my own. I also provided case management services to families and clients after conducting a needs assessment
Worthwhile agency its a helpful and needed crisis intervention and preventiopn agency
Administrative Assistant/book keeper (Current Employee), Glens Falls, NYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: friendly and genuine
Cons: not always able to solve the problem due to funding
A typical day at FSA is busy, providing crisis services such as emergency food , emergency prescription help, Some days its not uncommon to serve 25 -30 families. The phone is always ringing and the Staff of 2 and its volunteers are Always greeting thier clients with a Smile and a listening ear. The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide everything all the time, but most rewarding is completing your day knowing you gave it your all and helped others to remain safe, sheltered and fed. That is the best feeling ever to help a family remain intact by providing basic needs.
Great place to work, very productive
Seasonal Office Assistant (Former Employee), English Creek, NJMarch 2, 2015
I learned how to use all Microsoft programs, made me feel welcomed . put me to work fast gave me things to do. Taught me how to work under pressure with different task at once.
Uncertain Future with new management
Director of Development and External Relations (Former Employee), EHT, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: impactful work
Cons: management
No clear path to success with the current president. Lack of Board commitment to future by some board members. The senior team members have all left company
PreK teacher
Teacher 1 (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: teaching the children
Cons: pay was below teacher salaries
Head Start was a new program to Family Service in 2009 and there were lots of kinks to work out. While Family Service is a great non profit, the program was so new, there was a learning curve. The budget shifted so lay offs were made.
Working with families to help stay them stayself suffient
Parent Advocate (Former Employee), San Antonio,TexaOctober 21, 2014
As a Parent Advocate we would assist families as they navigate threw the education screening, evaluation and placement as well help parents recognized as their children first teacher . Parent are the primary to ensure their children safety ,health, and education needs as a Parent Advocate we are in the frontline to help guide them for a better future for there children.
great 1st job out of college
Parent Advocate (Former Employee), San Antonio,TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: accrual of time off
Cons: short lunch
-Arrive at work prior to the children being dropped off at school to meet and greet the families and to speak with them if there are any concerns or missing required paperwork.
-Call the parents or guardians or the children who are absent and document the reason.
-review files to ensure everything is up to date.
-management unfortunately was not supportive and micro-managed.
-co-workers were awesome, always worked together as a team.
-hardest part of the job was seeing the hardship a lot of the families had to experience.
-the most enjoyable part was being able to help the families become self-sufficient
Impressive and professional environment to thrive.
Marriage and Family Therapy Intern (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: positive and thriving environment
Every day was new and exciting catering to client need and situation. Worked with amazing colleagues and clients, enjoyed performing community outreach and making a difference.
Workplace was alway about teamwork.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CASeptember 16, 2014
Provided services for the community. Typical day was always hectic I had no set schedule and was constantly traveling from site to site. I had great co-workers that were always good about being team players, I have learned to better my multi-tasking skills and my problem solving skills as well. Hardest part of my job was the unstable work schedule but the most enjoyable was knowing our company was giving back to the community.
Great cause/Questionable Ethics
Clinician II (Former Employee), 702 San PedroSeptember 2, 2014
Not comfortable with providing further information.
Fortunately, I have an amazing clinical supervisor. Executive leadership in overpaid and under educated.
Fun and easy to work with others
Director (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 16, 2014
It was a fun and easy place to work but with lack of hours and benefits
Solid
Mentor/ Tutor (Former Employee), Moreno valley, CaAugust 11, 2014
Pros: people are nice
Cons: work harder receive horrible pay and if you don't like it they will hire someone else.
Although it may go down for its misuse of funding, and shady treatment of Staff, FSA is not that bad of a place.
Nice, family oriented place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newtonville, NJJuly 30, 2014
I enjoyed working for Family Service Association for the most part. There were things that could be improved such as communication between partners and better training. The job security is not 100% due to the fact that it is funded through different grants, and if a grant is pulled, or changes the requirements, you could be out of a job.