FAMILY SERVICE LEAGUE Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stressful place to work, clientele is very extreme.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Amityville, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Clients call incessantly.
Fast paced environment
Very stressful company to work for as the requirements for the clientele are changing on a regular basis. Too much paperwork for nonsense sake.
mental health
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 8, 2017
This company is under new management and I do not know much about it any more I left there years ago. The supervisor always yelled at the workers and I would rather not make a judgement
Pros
supervisor yelled all the time
Cons
short breaks
Challenging workplace
CASAC/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mastic, NYJune 19, 2017
A lot of employee turnover, including clinical staff, office staff, supervisors, directors and upper management which affected the work flow and client management.
Pros
Client base.
Cons
Healthcare was unaffordable for family plan.
Case Manager
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYJune 14, 2017
Create your own schedule, home visits, lunch
New system: IT is still working out the flaws
Lots of documentation that must be completed in a timely manner
Pros
Flexible schedule, six weeks of PTO, Holidays off
Cons
Minimal professional growth, set salaries, not as diverse as the agency should be
Friendly Environment
Financial Literacy Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJune 13, 2017
Excellent work environment with helpful and knowledgeable staff. Everyone was willing to lend a helping hand on a project and the work performed felt very meaingful.
A place of growth
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYJune 8, 2017
I really enjoy my time working at Family Service League. The staff was great. The children were even more amazing. I learn much in the very little time I spent.
Love the work, the co-workers, learned a lot
Bilingual Community Advocate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMay 28, 2017
I truly enjoyed working in a group setting at this agency. the co-workers were knowledgeable and truly amazing people. The work was busy but great. I truly miss it.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no yearly raise
Stressful
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYMay 9, 2017
FSL is a good agency some programs are very stressful. ACM due to Medicaid repayments rates has become very stressful with very high caseloads. PTO amount is nice and early Fridays from memorial day weekend to labor day weekend is great.
Good leadership, Large case loads
Rehabilitative Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYMarch 11, 2017
Been a part of FSL ACM for two years and the leadership has vastly improved since i began working there, however my only con is that the caseloads have increased from 30 clients to over 50 clients.
Pros
good environment, good leadership
Cons
caseload size
Mental Health Supervisor
Mental Health Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mastic, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Currently, I am the supervisor of mental health programming. My responsibilities include the supervision of staff and I carry a small clinical caseload.
flexible and good
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYJanuary 30, 2017
I enjoy working for this agency and the people I work with, it has taught me a lot. They are understanding with time off and fair with it. I i do the insurance verifications and authorizations ad well as answer phones, make appointments and take messages.
very positive work environment
Front Desk Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYDecember 21, 2016
I had a very wonderful and positive experience. The staff and management were very supportive of each other. I would recommend anyone to apply for a position with this agency. Very good benefits and training provided.
Pros
very flexible with hours and days off when needed, lunch provided at times
interesting
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYDecember 19, 2016
Working as part of the Intensive Disaster Case Management Project was an extremely rewarding experience. I met and was able to assist many different people with their disaster recovery needs.
Pros
having the ability and flexibility to leave the office to conduct home visits, It was nice to be able to leave the desk once in awhile.
Cons
project based employment, compensation
Decent place to work
CAIR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bellport, NYOctober 7, 2016
Decent place to work. Decent employees. I would recommend this Agency for employment. Yearly staff appreciation dinner is a pleasant event that brings most of the employees and higher ups together.
Counseling Internship Program
Student (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJOctober 3, 2016
Over the course of four months I participated under supervised individual and group counseling sessions for case studies such as Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Violence, Loss, Eating disorders, Substance abuse and Parent/ Child conflicts. This internship equips all individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to work directly or indirectly with survivors and their loved ones.
job
LCSW-R (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 30, 2016
family service league is a employer the services many individuals of all cultures. working with the Hispanic population during groups and individual working with families
abysmal quality of care
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  variousJuly 3, 2016
FSL fosters a culture of mediocrity. There is absolutely no interest in providing good quality psychiatric care to our most vulnerable populations.The psychologists/therapists are by far the most unprofessional, undertrained, and unintelligent colleagues I have ever worked with. Their inability to make an informed assessment, and provide appropriate psychiatric medication and psychotherapy bordered on malpractice.The administration consists of truly vile bureaucrats who have no feeling at all for the tremendous responsibility it is to care for these very ill, desperate people.The department of mental health has failed appallingly to monitor the quality of the care being delivered.Please make sure you have a contract that explicitly states how many patients, of what complexity, you are expected to see a day, what kind of admin/secretarial /medical record support you can expect, what kind of interdisciplinary communication occurs, etc.You may want to keep copies of your medical records, as they have been k own to be mysteriously altered or dissapear. Work somewhere else, and for goodness sake, find somewhere else to get treatment!
Pros
no idea
Cons
as stated
Productive and fun place
Student (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYMay 2, 2016
Family Service League is an excellent place for office job training, computer training and meeting interesting people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Free lunch program was terminated.
Family Service League
Clinical Social Worker, part-time fee for service (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYApril 30, 2016
Not respectful of number of years in the field, previous job titles or description, and fee pay is lowest in the field.
The agency took over our clinic and treated most of the staff in a very cold and impersonal manner.
Pros
A place to earn extra money
Cons
Numerous
Hands on experience!
Peer/Parent Advocate (Former Employee) –  Middle Island, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Great experience..friendly and supportive atmosphere! I just wished I could have had a chance to work there a little longer. So long ago don't remember the names of the people I worked with, but I remeber it was a pleasant encounter!