Family Services, Inc.

Family Services, Inc. Employer Reviews

A great place to work
Coordinator of School Age Programs (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJune 17, 2014
As non profit goes, it is a great place to work. The management staff is supportive and ensures that the staff are happy in order to meet the needs of the clients they serve
Helping others
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Altoona, PAMay 18, 2014
Pros: al and sick benefits were terrific
Cons: low salary
Plus - on going training, consumers were easy to work with.
Minus - low salary, overnight awake shifts
Most enjoyable - helping others, seeing their faces when you walked in the room.
Billing, Scheduling Appiontments, Record Reviews
Administrative Office Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 19, 2013
*I billed clients, scheduled appointments, and did record reviews
*I learned how to be a receptionist
*Management was not involved
*The hardest part of the job was not being challenged
Positive atmosphere at all times
Children's Center-Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 3, 2013
Pros: the people at the court house.
Cons: wishing there was more room in class to take more children in at a time.
Working with the staff and children at the court house. Learned that I was capable of using both of my degrees and experiences on other jobs for this position. Management was reliable and dependable at all times. I had wonderful co-workers that supported me and my decisions as the lead teacher. The most difficult part of the job was if a child was being removed from their home we had to support the court decisions and help social services in preparing the child for this removal. There was never a moment that I did not enjoy this job was one I grow from and learned more about myself as a whole.
Enjoy helping people
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMay 20, 2013
Pros: wednesday night outtings
The overall job itself, isn't hard. Would like to see a more supportive outlet for the employees. I've learned a lot about mental illness, while working here. The most demanding part of the job is being away from my children on the overnights. What I enjoy the most is that I get to meet great individuals.
Great place to volunteer
Extended Day Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 27, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was fun volunteering here as an undergraduate student. Working with children not only taught you patience but it also helps you to learn quick problem solving skills when it comes to children.
Typical day at work
Parent Services Assistant / Family Support Worker (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDNovember 13, 2012
Pros: i can talk to people no matter what
Cons: i have none at the moment; so far i have been able to deal with everything that comes my way
My typical day at work begins with teaching the Child Develpment Class to teen moms participating in our program, and which last about an hour, before they have to go to school everyday. After that I go on to the child develpment center to take attendance of all the kids in the my class rooms; I have a caseload of 14 families. Everyday I learn something new with my teenagers and everyone in general at work; and while performing my duties at work. I would say that the hardest part of the job is not being able to provide everything that families need directly from our program; I refer families to community resources and others if possible; unfortunatelly there's only so much I can do for them; unfortunatelly I cannot change their lives completely. And, the most enjoyable part of my job is working with my teens, guiding them, teaching and being there for them; I'm a people person; if I don't have the answer to your question, you better believe that I will look for it and deliver it to you. I enjoy doing my job in general.

About Family Services, Inc.

Family Services, Inc. (FSI) is a regional nonprofit human services organization with its primary footprint in Montgomery and Prince – Read more

Family Services, Inc. Photos