Family Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very professional supervisors, interested in my progress.
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IASeptember 7, 2017
My supervisors were very professional and were very interested in my progress as a student. The office had many sources of further education which I took advantage of frequently and I was able to learn a great deal from my supervisor as well. My supervisor went over client reports with me and helped me plan for their care, as well as to understand their needs.The Professional people there got along very well and set an excellent example for me.
Pros
I felt valued and learned a great deal.
Cons
The building and the office itself were very outdated.
Challenging but wonderfully rewarding work
Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 5, 2017
A typical workday as a contract worker involved seeing as many clients as possible, keeping up with case notes and productivity requirements. I learned to use my counseling skills to the fullest keeping a challenging and full case load. Management was as supportive as possible, given the limitations of non profit agency status. The culture of my division was like a warm and caring family. It was sometimes very hard to face some of the incredibly sad and difficult cases. But it was also extremely satisfying to see individuals and families find and utilize their inner resources, leading to happier and more productive lives.
Pros
Supportive, family-like atmosphere
Cons
Compensation could be better
Accounts Payable/ Payrol
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 16, 2017
Effectively processed invoices,check invoices for accuracy. Created reports for payment, printed checks and mailed out payments. Answered questions that employees may have concerning their paychecks and resolved any issues that may have arose due to program problems.
Pros
Freedom to move around office as needed
Cons
Had to report to the office at a specific time .
Great hours but terrible pay
Teacher I (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 14, 2017
There is no room for growth or advancement. You are not paid your worth: education, certifications, etc. The work hours and school calendar are great.
Pros
great hours
Cons
compensation
It was not great but ok
Residential Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 31, 2017
It was a nonprofit environment so you can expect low pay. It was high stress and the benefits were not good. Management was not great so you have to handle things on your own.
Just okay
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 24, 2017
I did not like working here. Basically if you did not have a connection to HR or were on top here than you did not get moved up .They made it seem like you could work your way up here but that is not the case.
Can be stressful
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 20, 2017
There is not a ton of organization at this company which is stressful because it makes the work difficult. A lot of the clients have mental health disabilities and have difficulty keeping work once they are hired which impacts your rating as a vocational coach.
Great Place to work
A/R Staff Accountant/Lease Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 16, 2017
This is a great place to work! Has a great mission worth doing and great people working for them. The only real issue is compensation but it is a non-profit and its to be expected
Must be compassionate and natural social worker
Victim Advocate (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 28, 2017
In my opinion, in order to work as a victim advocate here, one must possess a great deal amount of empathy for others and self-care skills. This job can be draining because you will fight against compassion fatigue and burn-out. You must really love the mission and the act of helping others. For me, the most enjoyable part of this job was helping victims of crimes on their path to healing.
Multicultural
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 18, 2017
Fun, flexible, multicultural work environment
Excellent team work
Flexible schedule
Continue training opportunities
Cultural sensitivity
Employee recognition
Pros
Community outreach
Cons
Salary increase
Principle worker
Commonwealth of ky (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KY9May 16, 2017
Review
And monitor all non case decision workers work to make sure it is correct before approving. Checking all work for accuracy before the case appr
Pros
401k sick leave
Cons
State work
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 12, 2017
Enroll your hearts into the Head Start program. Prepare them for a future in education and assist with other services as needed to advance the start in life.
Pros
Touch young hearts
Cons
No room for advancement
Unprofessional Upper Management
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 3, 2017
Family Services management was and still is the worst. They don't care about the staff as well as the families and children. It was all about lining their pockets with the government money. The teachers had to buy their own materials and the lunch they fed the children is horrible. For this agency to be supposibly family oriented they dont care about the families. There are so many disgruntle staff members that I would not send my child there because I am afraid they will take it out on them. If you ask me the agency needs to be cleaned out and restaffed
Pros
There are no pros this is a horrible place
Cons
Management is horrible
Great place
Voulenteer (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 24, 2017
This is a great place to do volunteer work, I would highly recommend this organization. The people here are very caring and you can tell they enjoy doing what they do.
Productive and fun workplace, their annual retreat is great.
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20904April 21, 2017
FSI is a great organization with the right people, they know how to put serious work together and at the same time know how to have a fun.

I have not being working there long enough to rate certain things about it.
Diverse and Inclusive
National Fatherhood Initiative Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 21, 2017
Family Services has a job for everyone with 36+ programs and over 400 employees, for a non-profit that's awesome. This agency supports and promotes diversity as well as a health work life balance.
Good
Family Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 17, 2017
This is a good company I liked the way they handle their events and the way they take care of the kids the staff was very friendly and cooperate with each other
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Low on staff
Great atmosphere
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 9, 2017
The staff at FSI are amazing! Supervision is provided and there are multiple supervisors to go to when needing to solve a problem. Coworkers are also very supportive of one another and become close people that you work with.
Excellent professional staff
Casa Leader and Agua Sana (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 6, 2017
One of the non-profit organizations that observe your talent, your professionalism, the passion and the mission for the community. They all work as a team, support each other and look for the resources to carry out the goals.They help you with opportunities to grow professional knowledge and educationally, even they pay it when possible.
Pros
sometime they pay lunch, travels, trainings
Worst place ever
Family Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMarch 22, 2017
Management have no clue what they are doing. They have no clue how to be supervisors and executive director is stuck in the 60's and is to much in lala land to know the lies they tell.
Pros
Cons
Bad work environment....lieing supervisors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval