Family Services, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

busy work environment
Residential Advocate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 19, 2016
Detailed oriented, must be able to deal with different personalities and emotionally stable, compassionate, patient and dedicated to helping others.
great place to work
Residential Rehabilitation Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 18, 2016
I love working at FSI. Staff are very committed to excellence and have a very supportive administrative team. I have been able to advance with this company and have been provided with excellent training
Pros
great pay
Excellent place to work
State Certified Health Navigator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 6, 2016
The program I worked for was involved with the health Insurance Navigation assisting with the ACA enrollment.

It was fun helping other get benefits.

opportunities abound within the agency and there is intra program recruitment.

CEO was exceptional as well as some management staffers

You have to be constantly updated of all the current development about ACA in Maryland.

Linking marylanders to the benefits of ACA
Outstanding place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 6, 2015
Outstanding organization to work for. If you don't mind working hard, your co-workers and management will definitely support you all the way.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Great Management Team
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun place to work
Director-Carelink Transitions and OnTrack Maryland (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 4, 2015
Had a very fulfilling 5 years there in various roles. Great management, they care about their employees. Pay is average for the market in this field.
interisting envioroment considering that we work with high risk population
Residential Advocate (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 31, 2015
It was very intense ambient sometimes under the circumstances that every day was totally unpredictable, some times more excited than others, a little be stressful for the lack of fairness and preferences from the management side.
Pros
rewarding job to help others in need
Cons
not much support from the management
Super friendly and fun environment
Dennis Dean (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYApril 27, 2015
I loved working for Family Services. Food service is a really fun job and you learn a lot of new things. Over the three summers i spent working there I learned so much and met some great people. I learned the proper cutting boards to use for sanitarily cutting various foods. This job taught me a lot of new skills and all of the proper ways to maintain kitchen safety and sanitation.
Pros
learning new things everyday
Cons
i loved everything
Family like engaging workplace.
Residential Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Overall great employee to start entry job.
Gain lots of experience trough this company.

Overall great management but still they need more communication with employees
Productive Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 25, 2015
The best part about this company is the ability to advance to a certain degree. The next best thing would be the company parties / luncheon's.
Pros
company luncheon's
Cons
out of touch, sometimes unethical, unsupportive management
A great place to work
Coordinator of School Age Programs (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 17, 2014
As non profit goes, it is a great place to work. The management staff is supportive and ensures that the staff are happy in order to meet the needs of the clients they serve
Helping others
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 18, 2014
Plus - on going training, consumers were easy to work with.
Minus - low salary, overnight awake shifts
Most enjoyable - helping others, seeing their faces when you walked in the room.
Pros
al and sick benefits were terrific
Cons
low salary
Dedicated hardoworking employees
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 29, 2013
FSI is a multi-discipline non-profit offering various services to individuals with mental health needs and child readiness programs.

The employees are creative, dedicated, and very supportative to co workers and clients.
Pros
very pleasent work environment
Cons
annual salary adjustments are not always consistent year to year.
Billing, Scheduling Appiontments, Record Reviews
Administrative Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 19, 2013
*I billed clients, scheduled appointments, and did record reviews
*I learned how to be a receptionist
*Management was not involved
*The hardest part of the job was not being challenged
Positive atmosphere at all times
Children's Center-Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 3, 2013
Working with the staff and children at the court house. Learned that I was capable of using both of my degrees and experiences on other jobs for this position. Management was reliable and dependable at all times. I had wonderful co-workers that supported me and my decisions as the lead teacher. The most difficult part of the job was if a child was being removed from their home we had to support the court decisions and help social services in preparing the child for this removal. There was never a moment that I did not enjoy this job was one I grow from and learned more about myself as a whole.
Pros
the people at the court house.
Cons
wishing there was more room in class to take more children in at a time.
Enjoy helping people
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMay 20, 2013
The overall job itself, isn't hard. Would like to see a more supportive outlet for the employees. I've learned a lot about mental illness, while working here. The most demanding part of the job is being away from my children on the overnights. What I enjoy the most is that I get to meet great individuals.
Pros
wednesday night outtings
Great place to volunteer
Extended Day Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 27, 2013
It was fun volunteering here as an undergraduate student. Working with children not only taught you patience but it also helps you to learn quick problem solving skills when it comes to children.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Typical day at work
Parent Services Assistant / Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 13, 2012
My typical day at work begins with teaching the Child Develpment Class to teen moms participating in our program, and which last about an hour, before they have to go to school everyday. After that I go on to the child develpment center to take attendance of all the kids in the my class rooms; I have a caseload of 14 families. Everyday I learn something new with my teenagers and everyone in general at work; and while performing my duties at work. I would say that the hardest part of the job is not being able to provide everything that families need directly from our program; I refer families to community resources and others if possible; unfortunatelly there's only so much I can do for them; unfortunatelly I cannot change their lives completely. And, the most enjoyable part of my job is working with my teens, guiding them, teaching and being there for them; I'm a people person; if I don't have the answer to your question, you better believe that I will look for it and deliver it to you. I enjoy doing my job in general.
Pros
i can talk to people no matter what
Cons
i have none at the moment; so far i have been able to deal with everything that comes my way

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Family Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.