Family Ties Employee Reviews in United States

Fun filled work atmosphere with great pay and career opportunities
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 8, 2015
Rewarding and high pace job with opportunities for advancement. Pay and company benefits fair. Very busy daily learning new aspects of the business helping families in the community.
Pros
yearly bonus according to year work production
Cons
no set daily hours possible working odd hours of the day.
I am a fun, enjoy outside events and love to swim.
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  270 Carpenter DriveNovember 9, 2013
I am a hard worker, and believe in being a team player with my co-workers. I enjoy working in a professional atmosphere. I get excited about learning different position on the job. I most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
i enjoy gathering for the holiday with my co-workers.
benefits
Opportunity to impact the lives of youth.
Community Support Individual (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAOctober 31, 2014
Afforded the opportunity to mentor and guide youth in enhancing their life. Learned various practices within the clinical field. Interacted with colleagues from diverse backgrounds that were able to give variances in life learning experiences. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was seeing the transformation of youth that were driven towards growth due to personal efforts.
A small family friendly fast-paced place to pick up a quick meal
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasJuly 29, 2012
On a daily basis we prepared the kitchen, took the customer's orders, cooked, and then delivered it to the customer. As well as cleaned and maintained the workplace throughout the day until closing. This business was family oriented and friendly place to grab a meal and go. I enjoyed getting to know the customers who became regulars because they enjoyed our food and service. I learned to work at a consistent and fast pace during peak hours which was the hardest part of the job but the most rewarding.
Learning experience
SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2015
It was difficult but it was fun learning and understanding how to work with teenagers. I learned how to connect more to teenagers.
Pros
new experiences
Cons
difficult hours
Working with the Latino Population was very rewarding.
Therapist/ Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 14, 2012
The position as a Therapist consisted, or entail working with troubled Latino Youth, working with the Parents, as well as interphasing with The Judicial system, The welfare Department, and The School System. The program was geared towards assisting the Youths or preventing them from becoming incarcerated. Anger Management, Conflict Resolution, and Life coping skills were incorporated into the counseling sessions. Values Clarifications, as well as learning to respect and Love oneself was highligted as well. The position was rather intense, and it seemed as if there was not enough hours within the day. Yet on a daily basis we continued to forge forward, trying to at least save one youth.
Moreover, we dealt with a great deal of immigrants who were functioning out of fear, because of the whole issue of deportation, this in of itself created a very delicate challenge. The position was very ardous, challenging, taxing, yet at the end od the day you knew that saving one individual was the success one was looking for.
Because The Organization was a Non-Profit One, it limited Us in the approach or services that were needed after an initial evaluation, or assessment, this required the ingenuity of the counselor to become resourceful within the community at large. One was forced to live within the realistic constraints of the Budget, and the program.
Lastly, I enjoyed the Position as aTherapist because I considered myself as part of the giving solution, and not the problem. I loved My job because of the amount of Lives I constantly impacted on a pisitive level, on a daily basis.
Pros
the ability to assist the individual latino families, the flexibility of my time, and the freedom to choose
Cons
extensive travel, work overload, not enough time
This opportunity was a great learning experience that provided a great internship experience.
Director of Program/Primary Prevention Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waller, TXMay 15, 2014
I enjoyed working at Family Ties. It was a small grass-root, non-profit children's crisis center that worked with child victims of domestic violence. Being that is was a non-profit agency, we thrived on grants and generous donations so I had the opportunity to learn how intricate the grant world can be.
All of the workers were very passionate about providing care and services to victims but I often times felt that the employees lacked adequate training and skills to complete the job to the level in which I felt it deserved.
With Family Ties being a small non-profit, it often lacked necessary supplies to adequately complete the job (like computers that worked, old/out-dated software, limited internet connection, unable to print jobs from computer, etc).
This experience taught a great deal about having to multitask and to think outside of the box. I loved being out of the office and working with clients and providing services because I could see the differences that our efforts as an agency was making on people's lives. It is very rewarding to know that you can be a part of helping change someone's life for the better.
Overall, I am grateful for my time here and have an new appreciation for non-profits who work in the victim services field.
Pros
doing more with less, thinking outside the box, philanthropic, providing victim services
Cons
lack of adequate training, lack of necessary supplies to appropriately complete the job
organized and well operated
FOOD PREP (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 26, 2012
a great place to work or and volunteer. Co workers are really welcoming and compassionate.