Provides oversight to the IT Department by monitoring software development on all projects and ensuring that information flows seamlessly to internal/external customers and the top management of the company. Ensures that targeted business goals are achieved. This position will be responsible for all aspects of managing and motivating the IT Department.
- Leads software development and maintenance activities in Information Technology. Manages software programmers and programmer/analysts in the Software Development Department, monitoring and assessing their performance on an ongoing basis. i.e. hires, trains, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, terminates as necessary, etc.
- Advises on design standards, architectural platforms and best practices for software development. Establishes and enforces software development standards.
- Provides effective leadership in the creation and maintenance of internal and external systems. This includes leading and managing software developers, providing expertise and guidance in defining system requirements and impact, enhancing and maintaining system components, and interacting with internal and external customers to ensure the delivery of the product – on time, and with exceptional quality.
- Establishes and enforces software development standards
- i.e. consistent user interfaces, secure coding practices, documentation, testing, etc.
- Establishes quality assurance protocols that ensure data integrity and reliability and protect the ongoing steady state of enterprise software applications
- Helps design, create or modify applications, databases and reports to deliver client requested information.
- Supports clients in the operation of the applications, databases or reports as required. Troubleshoots problems as required.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments, new applications and threats to the applications supported.
C. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- 4 Year Degree Preferred
- C# Programming Language – Expert
- Microsoft SQL Server – Intermediate
- Visual Studio - Intermediate
- Project Management – Intermediate
D. SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Tasks and projects usually have predetermined standards for completion and deadlines to be set in agreement with the President or Vice-President of the company. Significant issues or potential delays in completion of projects need to be discussed with the President or Vice-President of the company with recommendations for resolution.
E. PLACE OF WORK:
At the company headquarters in Houston, TX
F. SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, year-end bonus and paid regular vacation, personal and sick days.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard