Famous Dave's Legendary Pit BBQ
Worlds Greatest Ribs!
Worlds Greatest Jobs!
Get your career Smokin' again at the "Hottest" place around. Famous Dave's is hiring FAMOUS restaurant management professionals and genuinely good people to help us fan the flames and spread the legend. If you can take the heat and you are looking for a "real" career opportunity Famous Dave's is looking for you.
We are adding management support to our Phoenix restaurants. You must be an industry professional comfortable working in a high volume restaurant. Above all else we value honesty and integrity and want to work with other industry professionals who are passionate, dynamic movers and shakers, fun, high energy and people oriented with excellent supervisory, team building and customer service skills. Solid FOH and kitchen experience in a high volume environment is a must.
We offer an attractive salary/benefit package with an aggressive performance based bonus plan, full benefits, 401k, outstanding training, performance based promotions, and more.
Here is the job description:
Desert Ribs/Famous Dave’s
Job Title: Manager
Managers are responsible for the overall operation of their assigned restaurant. Key responsibility areas include development, training and retention of key Associates, team performance, increased sales and profitability and effective cost controls. The incumbent is responsible to work actively to ensure the restaurant meets financial and operating goals.
· Ensure that the restaurant operates efficiently and effectively within the Company’s fiscal and operational guidelines.
· Ensure adherence to all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
· Develop initiatives to build sales, profitability and Guest counts. Maintain effective cost controls in support of these initiatives.
· Utilize the IVR programs to develop Guest oriented quality, service, and cleanliness action plans to enhance Guest satisfaction.
· Ensure all safety and security systems and procedures are followed to ensure health and safety of employees and Guests. Ensure monthly safety meetings are conducted and recommendations are acted upon as appropriate.
· Ensure secure, safe handling and transportation of funds.
· Support and implement the Company local store marketing programs.
· Responsible for the physical/aesthetic maintenance of the restaurant and maintenance of Famous Dave’s theme format.
· Ensures compliance with documentation requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
*Food Preparation & Production
· Ensure that all menu items are made according to recipe and presented in a Famous manner. Utilize food production and inventory tools available to support this responsibility.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all recipes, products and production procedures. Uitlize Ecosure to manage and verify that established standards of food safety and sanitation are maintained.
· Purchase food products within established guidelines. Oversee correct receipt, storage and handling of food products to ensure quality and freshness at all times.
*Guests and Associates
· Respond to Guest comments and criticism within 24 hours in a constructive and positive manner, looking at such as an opportunity to build Guest count. Educate and empower Associates to act in a similar capacity.
· Ensure a safe and secure work and dining environment for Associates and Guests.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
· Demonstrate high ethical standards at all times, adhering to standards laid out in the Company’s Code of Ethics policy.
· Conduct regular Associate/departmental meetings, utilizing tools provided by the support office. Ensure Associates receive timely and meaningful performance reviews.
· Administer counseling and discipline to Associates as necessary.
*Staffing and Building Great Teams
· Staff restaurant with quality employees who value Guest service and are committed to high standards of performance. Utilize established methods for interviewing and reference checks using tools provided by the support office.
· Orient all new hires utilizing company handbooks and support materials.
· Provide training and recognition to employees at all levels and maintain a team‑oriented environment.
· Work within established guidelines and policies for training and development of Associates.
· Select and develop management internal promote candidates. Review staffing and succession plans with Area Director.
*Administration and Auditing
· Responsible for leading the generation of the restaurant annual budget. Maximize profit opportunities by developing realistic budgets.
· Analyze monthly operating statements and determine reasons for variances. Manage operational expenses to maximize profit potential.
· Responsible to meet or exceed budgeted sales and profit goals.
· Responsible to maintain labor efficiency ratios to ensure Guest service and cost effectiveness.
· Responsible for restaurant P&L performance.
· Oversee all restaurant administrative requirements including cash handling, completion of Guest liability, property, casualty, workers compensation reports, Sox, governmental compliance, i.e., OSHA posting requirements, federal, state and local labor law postings, manager’s Red Book, invoicing, etc.
· Ensure all reports, documentation, and other information required by support office departments are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintain all employee files. Ensure that required documentation is complete and accurate within personnel files.
· Coordinate miscellaneous projects as needed, or as directed by their Area Director.
· Education: High School or equivalent. Course work in restaurant management preferred.
· 3 plus years prior professional experience in restaurant management required.
· Current certification in NRA ServSafe food safety program.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Knowledge of Labor Laws, Health Codes, Safe Food Handling and Sanitation, Safety and Security systems and procedures, computer operations.
· Good people management skills, communication and listening skills. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
· Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
· Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
· Physically must be able to move or lift up to 50 lbs.
Desert Ribs LLC, We are a proud Franchisee of Famous Dave’s BBQ
Please email all resumes or questions to the email address provided!
Winner of Over 600 National & Regional BBQ Awards!