Famous Dave's Employee Reviews in United States

Famous Daves
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421July 25, 2016
It's a nice establishment with a great deal of history. The staff is awesome and the drinks are strong. Great BBQ ribs; corn muffins are good too
Good place for a first job
Host & To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 23, 2016
Typical work day could be pretty hectic until you learned how everything worked to make it go smoother. Management was constantly changing the 3 years I was there, but for the most part it was still good. Hardest part was being able to well in stressful conditions, but luckily I was able to excel in those conditions after refining my skills. The co-workers would turn over pretty fast but they were still good to work with. I learned how to do well under pressure, clean table, learn rotations, and how to communicate well with others.
Pros
Discounted food, good breaks, fun environment, good hours
Cons
Small pay, turn over rate was too high for my taste
I dont want to sound negative, but very little pros
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2016
My personal experience may differ than others, but this was the worst job i had held for any amount of time.
My trainer didn't speak English and it took me quite a bit to learn the job, during my first week they were short staffed and had me work 6 shift in three days, with exactly 8 hours in between shifts, so with my commute I couldn't even get a nights rest.
I didn't receive a break for the first six months even though my shift were over six hours long.
When I broke my finger I was told too bad if i don't show up for work I would be fired.
The food was good though, and the decor was very nice.
Great place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 9, 2016
Learned a lot about cooking and how to keep a sanitary work area, and also how to prep food for the day. Also learned how to smoke food in a smoker and how long it really takes.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Hot, Long hours
It's a family
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 7, 2016
My time at Dave's was amazing! I have learned so many customer service skills that helped me gets jobs today. The people working there are still my friends today.
Meh
Server (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 4, 2016
The district manager micro-manages everything and the side work will take you two hours. The managers are nice until the district manager bares her teeth and then they are quick to throw you under the bus to save their butt. Need time off? Forget about it the turnover rate here is so high there is rarely enough employees to cover your shift. There is also a divide between employees that have been there for years (Veterans) and the new employees (rookies) Bullying was definitely a problem.
busy and good people working
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 2, 2016
very busy worked very hard did a lot of customer service and having wait list cleaning table & making drinks , taking out food & doing to go packing up.
Pros
meeting a lot of different people
Cons
working doubles but i always did it well
Fun place to work
increase restaurant sales (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 20, 2016
Very fun and exciting fast paced place to work. If you enjoy meeting and talking with new people from all over this is the place for you.
Wait on tables take care of guest
SERVER AND DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2016
Wait on tables in the morning after I get back from deliveries. Help out Togo. I have learned good money management and customer services. The best part of the job is working with my famous crew, they are like family.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Job isn't stable
Great place
Server (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 10, 2016
Great place to work the management is excellent. Food is great and employees are treated with respect. Working as a server is very flexible. It is like a family working for famous daves.
Pros
Cons
Business
Fun work place and good coworkers, just a lot of manager in fighting.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJune 9, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the only problem I had while I was working there was that the current mangers had a lot of in fighting and that made it hard to do you job correctly at times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Managers fighting
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNMay 31, 2016
Great people to work with, only one manager was horrible, He drank on the job and was constantly gone, also lost our liquor license, that set us back tremendously. But over all the food was great, customers where happy with my service, not so thrilled about prices..
Pros
Great lunch specials, amazing food quality.
Cons
One bad manager
Exciting and productive work environment
SERVER/BARTENDER TRAINING AND CATERER (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 23, 2016
I was with this company for a little over four years and I still completely enjoy the presence of being there. My favorite part about my job while being employed there was the co-workers and the companionship I made with a majority of my customers. I learned team work and understanding is a key to doing even a one-person waitress position.
Unprofessional
PREP COOK (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 13, 2016
I worked here for 5 months. At first I was overjoyed that I finally landed a restaurant job. One of the managers offered me 6 days a week of work, and that was the only reason I signed on. They had me work 6 days a week for the first 2 weeks, then it went down to 5 days a week, to 4 days, to 3 days. They also go around eating food all shift, but then give problems to the workers when they start eating food. They play favoritism every day. They are extremely unprofessional and will not change.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
unprofessional management, bad coworkers, low hours
Productive place,always moving
Server (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 13, 2016
Very busy, very clean, great atmosphere. My co-workers are awesome, we treat each other like family. Management is fun and I am glad that I work for them.
Pros
Talk to new people
Cons
short breaks
Productive, fun work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNMay 10, 2016
This company has changed a lot over the time I've worked here. One thing that has remained the same is the fun environment it is. The staff I've had the opportunity to learn and grow with is top notch. It's the upper management that has run this company into the ground.

I love working with customers and building strong relationships with them. I have enjoyed leading a team of such hard workers. My co-managers have always worked hard and set a good example for everyone.

The hardest part of my job has been rolling with the ever changing procedures corporate has been putting out in the last two years.
Great people to work for. Very relaxing environment.
Line cook trainer (Current Employee) –  Williston, ND 58801May 9, 2016
Famous Dave's is my favorite job so far. Everyone I work with is very nice and we all have a good time. Even though we take our job seriously everyone is always in a good mood and tries to make the day as fun as possible. There are advancement opportunities available as long as you put in the effort. Everything is kept to a very high standard so I always feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of my day.
Pros
Understanding and helpful management. Promotion opportunities.
Cons
Not enough hours due to local economy decline.
Famous Dave's
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 6, 2016
The co-workers are nice. The management is sincere. The job itself is simple, like one would imagine, but the main issue is being understaffed and overwhelmed. Customers can be very hostile. Cleaning the restrooms is the most demeaning considering my title is a hostess. The thing I love most about Famous Dave's is the fun they try to instill in their workplace and employees.
If I've learned anything from Famous Dave's it'd be patience, and assertiveness.
Pros
Receiving small tips, and gratitude for completing tasks.
Cons
Cleaning the restrooms, cranky customers, and low morale.
Great Culture
Assistant Manager/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 3, 2016
Once you're Famous there is no going back! Great people, great culture.
Scratch kitchen with a product you can truly be proud of.
Pros
Work life balance exists! A true caring culture throughout the company
Cons
Pay not as high as similar concepts. Can be hard to get ahead.
horrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 29, 2016
this place is bad. just bad. training sucks management sucks co workers suck. if u want to hate your life work here. no one cares about there jobs here and its almost like they enjoy making others feel bad. even the management are big bullys.
Pros
Cons
everything