Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment.
Expediter (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAMay 29, 2015
I would clock in at peek working hours during lunch and dinner rush. The food and atmosphere was always fun and I looked forward to working with my fellow employees. The management for the most part was great with a few bad apples whom did not display proper leadership abilities when needed the most. I would often be asked to fill other job roles depending on the circumstances and for training purposes for potential advancement.
Fun and up beat work environment
Trainer/Bartender/Seerver (Current Employee), Redlands, CaliforniaMay 27, 2015
This is the best staff that anyone could work for. Everyone is there to help and make the shifts run as smoothly as possible. There is a lot of cross training available to those that are interested.
It was alright.
Bartender (Former Employee), Kenosha WIMay 27, 2015
Overall I will say that it was good work with a qualified and dedicated staff, but would become a toxic environment periodically.
People
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch and soda
Cons: the work and pay
a typical day at work would be like a day at farm, i learned how to prep food and i became faster in my work ethics, management is not the best but ehhh its okay i guess could be a lot better, co-workers were the my friends we got along they never bothered me much, the hardest part of my job was rush hour between 4 - 7:30 things got pretty tough and i really had to put in work to keep up with the past, the most enjoyable part of my job would have to be working with respectable people and the food was excellent lol
Bad place to work
Restaurant/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), AZMay 24, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Sacrafice family, health and sanity
This is a great place to work if you like being a SLAVE. If you like working 60+ hours a week with plenty of turn arounds. If you like kissing your family good by and not seeing them for a couple of days.
If you like walking on egg shells everyday terrified something might go wrong so they can blame you. If you enjoy a non-safe working environment. If you like the motto "The less I do is the less I can get in trouble for". If you like to work with a bad employee moral, and if you like being micromanaged too then this is the place for you. The Pay is good but not worth the price to pay. Beware Famous Slave's!
Fast paced , friendly at home enviorment
Cashier, Hostess, Greeter (Former Employee), Richmond VaMay 13, 2015
A typical day Hosting consisted of greeting guest, giving them menus and showing them to their seats. Once guest has gotten to their I let them know who their server will be. I also clean the lobby and bathrooms. A typical day in togo consist of answering phones and taking orders and also cash handling and bagging up orders.
I have always loved being a Sever!
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Westland, MIMay 12, 2015
I like to inter act with people. Be a sever has always allowed me to do so. We always have side work to do before we leave. I was also a bank. We kept our money on us and turned it in at the end of shift. Counted it out with management.
Great place to gain experience and learn
Manager (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIMay 11, 2015
Every day was very different, and it was important to always plan ahead and be prepared for the worst. I learned so many things about businesses and building a business from the ground up. I learned so many practical accounting concepts as well as management skills. Most of my co-workers were college aged students which caused some difficulty at times. It was hard to get them to care about the job as much as I did and the owner did. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the most difficult customers.
Fun and fast paced environment with encouragement to employees to do well.
Server (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Half priced meal on work days Health benefits for those who worked 30+ hours per week.
Cons: Occasionaly worked without a break if the restaurant was busy.
Energetic and lively work environment. Excellent staff that worked well as a team. Management encouraged independence and individuality of their employees. Lots of contests with prizes for those with best outcomes.
Decent Environment
Server (Current Employee), Addison, ILMay 4, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals when working
Cons: Short breaks (20 mins, even for a double shift), Credit card tips
Management is great at the location in which I'm employed. They are understanding of everyday issues, family emergencies and medical problems that inhibit work performance, and they do their best to help. Organized and clean environment. However, the staff is currently short-handed, and this leads to employees working too much overtime. This can be inconvenient for students, such as myself. There are small opportunities for advancement to a shift leader. Becoming a manager is an entirely different process, and may require a business degree depending on the amount of experience one has. Co-workers are willing to assit anyone if they are able. Management stresses for employees to always ask for help when needed, and help will be granted, in order to keep guests satisfied. Although it is a corporation, servers are given some flexibility when interracting with guests. Most importantly, tips paid by credit card and hourly earnings are paid back to employees; however, I only see a small percentage of my actual earnings, not counting the mandatory taxes that are already taken out of the paycheck.
Highly seasonal, high turnover environment
General Manager (Current Employee), Wisconsin Dells, WIApril 21, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: no work/life balance, low pay, no benefits
Management from top down do not properly implement expectations. This leads to constant errors and issues maintaining staff. The culture is based around the number of European workers they can find and under-pay, especially j-1 visas. Store managers cannot pick staff, Area manager finds friends and brings in staff without managements approval. This leads to undermining authority and an area manager who has conflict by running 2 other businesses outside of Famous Dave's. Poorly run franchise.
Fun
Hostess (Former Employee), Newark, DEApril 21, 2015
Pros: delicious food
Cons: servers attitudes and low payment
The only hard thing about being a host was the attitude of the servers. They would get angry when you will not seat them but they would have not open seats!
famous dave's working enviorment
Busboy (Former Employee), Carolina, PRApril 20, 2015
Pros: friendly enviorment in between co-workers
Cons: managment was terible and the were bushing on work.
it was a really good please, till some managers got in that day or night.co-worker were really good employees and they were really into the type of job they were ask to do. as far as the pay rate, busboy make 10% of what all the waitresses make in the hours between we were working and then the total will be divided into the number of busboy there were in "the floor" those same hours. the job wasn't so hard, the hard part was staying up on your feet thru out the whole 8 hours with 30min. of brake.
Outgoing and Fun Atmosphere
Server (Former Employee), Meridian, IDApril 16, 2015
Pros: 50% off food and great company all day long
Cons: Not a whole lot of time for homework and sleep but doable
I loved working here. I made some of my best friends here and I learned a lot from the management team as well as my co-workers and the customers. A typical day at worked started at 9:50A.M. and went until about 4:00P.M. depending on how busy it was. Every other day I worked a double and would begin working again (after a thirty minute break) until closing at 10:00P.M. on weekdays and 11:00P.M. on weekends.
A very fun place to work.
Host/Cashier (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: Contests, Rewards, Fun place to work, hands-on management staff.
Cons: sometimes the employees tend to get distracted by constantly goofing around.
Everyone is treated like family, my co - workers and managers always give me a reason to want to come back. The management staff is really hands-on and helpful.The hardest part of my job is handling slow ticket times and keeping guests from gettin upset from waiting. The most enjoyable part is making guests laugh and smile. In my 10 months I learned how to really talk to guests and make them want to come back.
Fun atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee), louisville kyApril 16, 2015
Good place to work. I learned to cater weddings and other events while working here which is a good trait to have. Loved all the people that I worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people or even seeing the regulars come in everyday.
Great environment
Hostess (Former Employee), Westbury, NYApril 16, 2015
The management was good.
The environment was fun.
Met lots of great people.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
NOt bad
Server (Current Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 25, 2015
Bad clientele at the place in my area, which leads to bad tips and bad overall money. Because prices are not very high, with low tabs and bad tippers it makes for a bad situation,
Fast paced environment.
Server/Caterer (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 21, 2015
The fluidity of a typical day at Famous Dave's is hinged upon how much care is taken in preparation for the anticipated volume during any given day. This job teaches one how to multitask and prepare goods and services within the scope of state and local health code mandates. The hardest part of the job is creating workforce cohesion due to the varying degrees of personalities and experience levels within a high customer volume environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating rapport with and establishing regular customer bases, thereby generating repeat business and higher profit margins.
They treat you fair.
Server Trainer (Former Employee), Greenwood, INMarch 9, 2015
Great company with awesome employee retention rates. Awesome job for all ages especially those in college. Their core values makes this a great company to work for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Famous Dave's

Barbecue made this Dave famous. Famous Dave's of America operates and franchises about 185 barbecue restaurants in some 35 states, – Read more

Famous Dave's Salaries