Famous Dave's Employee Reviews

Ok Restaurant
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 21, 2017
Okay restaurant environment. It started off as a great job, but the CEO changed and it went down hill. Many locations are closing all over the country.
Intersting environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 18, 2017
Culture is a great concept, work environment was up beat and positive .

I decided to leave the company because of moral issues pertaining to supporting management. The team " support" was spoken but not followed through with.
Pros
Management ate free meals
Cons
Owner was not concerned about staff behaviour and allowed things that was questionable, during management training.
Fast Paced
To Go Host, Catering, Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 16, 2017
The management at the time was not the best and kept you where you best benefitted the company, they rarely moved people up in the company. Not everyone was held to the same high standard and that created a drift between coworkers.
Pros
tips money
Cons
rarely got my breaks on time, no free lunches
Fun place
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 16, 2017
Fun place to work, management sucks, its tough to get shifts, its slow, no regulars, scheduling is awful, not good for money, the employees are hit or miss
Great, fun friendly place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 16, 2017
This Famous Daves happens to be one of the cleanest restaurants that i have worked for. They make sure that all employees carry out cleaning duties to the best of their ability.
Fun and productive workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 15, 2017
I learned the basic's to serving as well as developing my own touch. The employees here all get along well and have developed a relationship with one another that is carried outside of the workplace. Each member of management have taken the time to learn about their employees and create a personal relationship. The fact that Famous Dave's had such a friendly atmosphere was the reason I was able to learn and develop skills so quickly all while enjoying my job.
A Blast
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2017
Famous Daves Bbq is a good entry level opportunity. Positive atmosphere as well as good management made this a fun and rewarding place to work. Plenty of room for advancement.
Fun place to work but less working hours
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 11, 2017
If u need somewhere to start famous dave would be a stepping stone or if u need a part time job. What I don't like is they give very short breaks. for a straight 8hrs of working while standing, all u get is 30 minutes break. so boring.
Pros
nothing free but food is 50% discount
Cons
short breaks
Entry Level - College part time job
Certified Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Oakton, VAAugust 5, 2017
Overall this was a great starting point for those who haven't had a job before. The serving side is easy, the training is full, and the teams you work with are steady. Management was never an issue for me when I was there and advancement was an option for those that dedicated themselves. However, this is for serving focus. I was not involved in the cook or prep positions so I wasn't aware of their compensation but as a server, you are working off the generosity of those you serve. If you cannot be overly hospitable to even the meanest of people this may not be for you.
Pros
great management, great hours for school and work balance.
Cons
no real compensation structure for full time employment.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHAugust 5, 2017
I love my job however the income is not consistent. The atmosphere is great. It is a fun place to work and perfect for a second job. Summer time is not as busy as the winter months.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Later hours
Great environment to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 3, 2017
I have been employed as a server for a year at Famous Daves. I love the atmosphere, my fellow employees and managers, and the tips i receive from guests.
Pros
50% Discounts, good opportunity, friendly staff
Cons
Nothing!
Long Days
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 2, 2017
Famous Dave's is a fast paced environment. Days can sometimes be long and stressful. It is sometimes hard to have a family or an outside life because Famous Dave's can consume a lot of your time.
Fun
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 31, 2017
Have fun keep up your smile don't be afraid of a little hard work. Take good care of the people. Honestly it also depends on which location you hail from. Some shops tend to be busier than other. Food is a little over priced.
Cons
some days the tips weren't great
Productive hard working enviroment
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 31, 2017
Famous Daves was a good lace to start for my people and customer skill. Always improved my work ethic, customer service skills, and my overall beng as a person. There was always room for improvement for everyone so whatever I can do to help them do that I would. I was a big team player and respected everyone and there job. Always listen and learned quick.
Pros
free lunch, works with scheduale, everyones respectable
Cons
less personal, more dicipline towards the rules
fun place
Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 30, 2017
fun place to work makes a lot of money but can use new management but a great place to get your foot into the door in the service industry works really well with your schedule
Productive and fun
Cashier/Host/Waitress (Current Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 29, 2017
Very lively environment. Managers are very caring and understanding. Schedules are mostly within availability. Hours are great. Coworkers are kind and hardworking.
Pros
Discount
Cons
working holidays
bad
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WV 25504July 28, 2017
this was a bad place to work. Employees weren't nice and very unorganized. food was okay but a very messy place. I am glad it is now closed and will not be reopening
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 27, 2017
The managers don't do a good job making sure the appropriate measurements are met for each job title, and they don't do a good job when it comes to keeping the restaurant as clean as it should be.
Sausome place to work
Assistant Manager, Research and Development Chef (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 27, 2017
I played many roles for many Dave's locales. First cook, then trainer, server, management, and finally menu development at the World Headquarters. The people were great. The training was fun.
welcoming environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 26, 2017
Famous Dave's is a very welcoming environment the food is outstanding and as employees they take care of all of their customers needs. Management wasn't all that great at the location that i worked.
Pros
Outstanding Food
Cons
Bad Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Famous Dave's. Our community is ready to answer.