Famous Footwear

Famous Footwear Employer Reviews

Enjoyable environment with wonderful staff.
Sales Assosciate (Current Employee), hiram, gaJuly 11, 2014
Every day, I am able to assist customers and meet new people. Although my job may not be as important as others, I still take pride in the work I do and strive to make a connection with each customer in come in contact with. Unfortunately, I am not able to please everyone, but my efforts are always 100% with each individual.
Goal oriented, fast paced, fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Niskayuna, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: friendly atsmosphere
Cons: back to school time
Daily operations, customer service, payroll, shrink, loss prevention. I enjoy the interaction with employees as well as the customers. Helping employees and guests to find what their needs were a positive influence in reaching my goals in my daily duties.
Temp Job
Transportation Consultant (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNJuly 7, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: temp job
This position was strictly a temporary job which lasted 3 months. Fun place to work.
Very slow working environment
Sales Representative Specialist & Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: independent working environment
Cons: very slow
My typical day at work was to organize shoes, stock shoes and assist customers on finding the right shoe.
Good environment. Not very difficult
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hanford, CAJuly 1, 2014
People were great. work was very productive. Managers weren't to hard on us.
productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
Great environment. Not satisfied with the hours i received or with the pay.
An easy-going, small staffed workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plainville, CTJune 27, 2014
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: not enough work to do, which made it boring sometimes
Using cash register, assisting customers, organizing, keeping store looking very clean.
Being a sales associate was easy for me. It included interacting with customers and helping them get what they need and walk away enjoying there shopping experience.
Most of the work consisted of organizing, changing pricing for different promotions, inventory, and – more... using the cash register.
A very good place to work for a first job. – less
no benefits
Retail Management (Current Employee), Troy, MIJune 23, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: low paying
Overall a good job except the hours or very inconsistent and schedules are unreliable. For example, you may work 35-40 hrs a week for nine months and than get cut to 1-2 days a week for months at a time.
No wonder Al Bundy was so miserable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKJune 23, 2014
Pros: great discount. decent pay
Cons: horrible hours
No chance for advancement because management liked to play the waiting game, pay was decent but the hours were horrible, and if the store doesn't make a certain sales quota hours go down and the employee roster empties out either from termination or leaving for a job with more stability.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TxJune 19, 2014
I did exchanges and returns, open and close the store, make bank runs take the deposit get more money for the store if needed, did shipment bringing in new shipment and putting it on the sales floor.
Great workplace, great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJune 11, 2014
Was always glad to go into work. Working there gave me a lot of skills I use in other jobs and everyday life. The coworkers are amazing, very friendly people.
Productive & fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYJune 6, 2014
Pros: discounts on shoes
Cons: short breaks
Great job to have, no complaints. The managers are awesome, and they genuinely care about you.
Fun Workplace with hard workers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TxJune 6, 2014
A typical day for me would be to come in and finish up whatever the last manager couldn't greet customers as they come in when the part timer arrives i let them know what needs to be done from them. We clean throughout the shift if we are not busy so we can keep the sales floor looking nice. When we have customers come in for returns or exchanges i – more... take care of that. If a customer needs a certain shoe we may not have i call another store to have it put on hold for them or we will have them shipped to their house. The most enjoyable part is the people i work with on a daily basis and a lot of the customers we get some can just make your day with a simple comment. We meet some truly nice people some days. The hardest part would be watching out for shoplifters and attempting to stop them because we never know how they'll react. Overall its been experience. – less
Store Management great, parent company awful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJune 5, 2014
store managers are great and dedicated. However, the corporate office rolls over and ends up making the stores seem incompetent. it's awful.
A great learning experience, and my co-workers are all friendly.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJune 5, 2014
Overall I believe Famous Footwear has taught me how too use my management skills and how to supervise my employees.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMay 25, 2014
this was my first job so it taught a lot about working in the work place and how to deal with customers
Who doesn't love shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHMay 24, 2014
My job with Famous Footwear was a blast! They had great benefits and was fun to work for. The only thing that made it hard was the District Manager. Other then that I have so many good memories about that place!
Productive yet complicated working environment
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shirley, NYMay 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: gossip
While working here I've learned everything I from an sales associate to the store managers job.
Co-workers play favoritism and it's something that shouldn't be in the workplace
hardest part is because everyone pick sides and causes conflicts between the staff
The most enjoyable part is the customers I enjoy working with people
fun place to work at, great co-workers
Customer service representative (Former Employee), westbury, nyMay 22, 2014
My typical day at work is me getting there, check where all the shoes is placed, because they change everything all the time....Of course this part I don't get paid for, I just do before my shift to prep myself... Then I go in the back, put my stuff away. put on my name tag and check myself in the mirror... Then I go and put on my walkie and start to – more... help customers – less
Great work environment and advanced job procedures
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Wausau, WIMay 19, 2014
Pros: 2 breaks every shift
Cons: had to work every weekend at times!
I would either be the opener or store closer and on a typical day at work, I would do my paperwork for the store and set our daily goals, I had delegated each employees work load for them so we knew by the end of our day that every duty would be completed appropriately. I helped every customer who walked through our doors with a smile and reassured – more... that I knew I would be able to help them figure our any ordeal they had to overcome that day. I hit my quota for my week almost all the time, I know for myself as well as coming from the other managers, that I'm very consistent when it comes to completely anything in my life. I work super hard to get things done and I can multi-task for it comes as a natural trait. I enjoy every part of working in the workforce field especially if it's in retail/sales. I work hard for the things that I have in my life, as well as being a single mother to my 4 year old daughter and I feel like competition is seen anywhere you go'; which is why I set goals for myself and I make sure that I complete them, for I feel that is a reason for me to become a successful woman! – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Famous Footwear

There's no business like the retail and wholesale shoe business for Brown Shoe Company. Brown Shoe operates about 1,100 value-priced – Read more