Faneuil Inc

Faneuil Inc United States Employee Reviews

No Weekends are required
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), South Boston, VAApril 3, 2015
Enjoy interaction with my peers, the trainers make the learning process fun. Could have a better sick time policy and currently no PTO available. Poor advancement and pay increase scales.
FANEUIL INC. IS AWESOME!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: heathcare!!
I love working with Faneuil Inc. They have been like a family to me and cant imagine having any other job as my first. :) You come in and everyone wants to know how you day is and everyone is so friendly. I wish I can take my boss with me to every job I every get and have him as my boss for life. He is a teddy bear sometimes but other times is serious (when he has to be). He is my second father and he differently scolds me like one. Phone calls can be very stressful but with the work environment here its so worth it.
productive
Production Associate (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: they get you placed
Cons: temp service, site keep sending us home
The interview process is great. the job I was sent to was high liner foods. The hardest part of the job was being able to work with out the lines breaking down
ok
IT Senior Application Developer (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 1, 2015
Great learning environment and co-workers are cool. Company is well-known for setting up call centers. It has been a pleasure to work for.
Very nice team to have been a part of.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: nice gourmet food occasionally
Cons: short lunch
Call center environment. A typical day at work would include taking payments over the phone, setting up new accounts as well as close accounts, answering any questions that the customer may have, as well as handle any issue or inquiry with their account. A very nice environment with nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job was pleasing every customer. Sometimes that can be a bit challenging but it always work out. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing at the end of the day, I helped someone out and made their lives a little bit easier. :)
blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2015
they cant keep contracts so they are always laying people off. they qa all day long so it gets somewhat stressful if you make the simplest mistakes.
Productie, Challenging, and fun environment to work
Employment Security Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2015
It was challenging at times to work for the unemployment contact center. We would get calls from claimants who would often threatens our lives, scream and shout about not receiving their benefits; however it was always an awesome feeling to know that a claimant who called being upset is hanging up with a smile on their face, simply because I had taken an extra steps to help them.
Good business and busy
Supervisor, First (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: paid vacations.
Cons: no other benefits
Busy at Florida Toll Plazas (Jupiter, PSL and Ft. Pierce), safety in place of customers and collectors, getting along with other supervisors, management and collectors. Hardest part of being a supervisor is pleasing collectors with lanes assignments (which some collectors hate) and making sure traffic is going smoothly. Most enjoyable part of the job is that I did the best of what was expected of me.
Image verifier
Image verifier (Former Employee), Boca RatonJanuary 14, 2015
Cons: 15. mins break and it used to be two 15 mins break.
Management is lousy hours w no flexibility w work schedule. We should get pay more $ and no room for advancement. This place is a revolving door w employees. Poor management and this place need a union.
We would have pot luck lunched to celibrate birthdays and during the holidays.
Toll Collector Supervisor (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 23, 2014
A typical day at Faneuil was great, there wee very good collaboration between our management team as well as the other co-workers. I think the hardest part of the job was communication. There were employees that speak good English and this made difficult, but we always found a to to get the message across. For myself, as a supervisor, I issued each collector a tour fund to start their shift, I received funds, monitor the collectors in toll lanes to make sure that cars were being classified correctly. answer the phones and made sure that excellent customer service was being delivered.
Fast paced call center environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Spokane, WADecember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: mandatory overtime, no option of advancement
At Faneuil, we are the customer support center for the Washington Healthplanfinder. We take inbound calls, process applications and provide technical support for the website. I have learned a lot about health insurance, as well as troubleshooting various issues within the site itself.

Management is varied in it's quality, with some who are very good at constructively helping their team to better themselves, and others who are not.

The hardest part of the job is the mandatory weeks in a row with no days off this time of year. In a call center, where the work is emotionally and mentally exhausting, having at least one day off per week is important, which upper management does not seem to realize.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers, who are fun and upbeat, and generally try to make the best of the situation.
I only walked away with the experience
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2014
Pros: work experience that was offered.
Cons: favoritism, unorganized, questionable management, no room for compensation or bonuses, no sense of accomplishment, dead end as it gets
overall my experience with the company could have been better if there was more room for growth, opportunities where only rewarded for people who knew people, And if you weren't willing to let your boss use you and treat your professional opinions with little to no value then you had no place in their inner circle.

6 years of my service, I only walked away with the work experience to add in my skill set. my personal thoughts if you’re trying to advance in this company be prepared to be overlooked by favoritism and unqualified choices. There are some employees I know that worked 8 to 9 plus years still stuck in the same position while someone that only worked for the company for less than a year, now supervisors even trainers. Seem fair?
SERIOUSLY RE CONSIDER
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WASeptember 25, 2014
Cons: management is terrible, no appreciation, lack of room for advancement, terrible morale
If you intend on keeping your sanity, don't bother working here. Reality is that it is for Washington Healthplanfinder (aka Obamacare) and it is terrible. The worst part is, when something goes wrong, when people are dying and can't get their medical insurance figured out, the most you can do is write a "ticket" and tell them sorry.

If you are ok with not being able to actually help someone, the sound of despair in a persons voice doesn't bother you, or you don't mind getting screamed at all day, go for it. If you are a human being however, I would look elsewhere.
it's employment
CSR (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: friendly and professional environment
Cons: poor pay
If you aren't adaptable to change this job is not for you. Things change on the daily basis and you will wear many hats. The pay isn't worth all the responsibilities you will hold.
Decent job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch plus two 15 minute breaks, laid back supervisor
Cons: not enough hours, poor upper management, poor communication
The reason I rated this company the way I did is because of multiple things. First, the job work/life balance was always changing. They ALWAYS changed the schedule on short notice (ie. let me know on Friday that I need to work Saturday.) The compensation is good compared to what other companies pay, but in my opinion not quite enough for the work and hassle we had to deal with. Not to mention, my dept was "let go" but they found me a position like mine in another office and continued to tell me that it was a dollar less and only 32 hours not 40. They do have some decent benefits as well. With that being said, the job security is shaky and I say that because I am now in my fourth office, two of the past ones being closed. Advancement isnt great either. I put in for a position for a Lead(assistant manager) being there the longest and having more experience and the chose someone over me. The higher management to me is poor. They are very unorganized and all over the place. Communication is poor and they will do whatever fits their needs without meeting their employees needs. There are people who have with the company for years and have never received a raise. My actual in office supervisor is great, very level headed and fair. She works a part of the team and treats everyone equally. I enjoy my coworkers and the atmosphere is okay most days.
Good office job if you can handle a little stress.
Unemployment Compensation Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Good office job if you can handle stress, it pays enough for the bills and its a steady mon-fri 9-5 job, office setting, its a little strict but it should be, its unemployment compensation.
customer service
Supervisor of Toll Collectors, Toll Collector (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 26, 2014
wonderful work place ,growing oppurtunity meeting and greeting no ppl
Washington Healthplanfinder-Health care
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WAJune 9, 2014
Pros: decent people working as co workers
Cons: no communication, unrealistic expectations, no clear direction, disheartening and low morale
One of the WORST places I have ever worked. Seriously. The rules constantly change and there is little to no communication to agents. The wage is $12 but the mental stress that you deal with and the fact that you are really limited to what you can do...I will warn off anyone who is looking for the potential for advancement--they hint around to potential employment advancement but then they decide, after you have worked hard to fall into the "guidelines" that they set, (which are unrealistic at best), they still do not promote you. There is so many liars and backstabbers there, not to mention the fact that they are very inflexible, that it's like being back in Jr. High. DO NOT WORK THERE. I would rather make less pay and be happier not having the mental anguish that we have. RUN, don't walk, the opposite direction.
Fast pace and great company to work for
Toll Collector (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: work alot of hours
Cons: healthcare
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers.
I learned large amounts of money handling.
I have the best group of co-workers that I have ever worked with.
Fast growing company with good management.
Customer Service Triage Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2014
Pros: flexible management
Cons: contract positions
Fast growing company with good management. Did not want to leave but the contract ended. Would work here again if they called me.

1 2 3