Faneuil Employee Reviews

Traning depends on the Trainers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work be prepared for calls back to back you can't breathe.
What I learned favoritism among management not what you know but who you know.
Management two words DONT CARE...
Co-worker anti-social by choice and you barely have time to speak. NO heart felt Good Morning afternoon or evening with these people.
Hardest part of job never approving time off Attendance policy unreasonable all-day every day TERMINATE for this or that.
The most enjoyable part of the job low call volume and when your off.
If you want high blood pressure, and other illness from stress of working here please do apply guaranteed to make you ill.
Pros
Free meal on occasion
Cons
NO TIME OFF Always threatening to terminate
unorganized and does not care about their employees
Toll Collector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 3, 2016
They do not care about their employees, they expect you to jump when they say jump, and if you don't they get upset. Like you only get on call days ( On call- if they need you, they will call you no matter what time of the night or day it is), if you say no they get upset. You might have one or two days off if they don't need you ( Your never off). The schedule changes every day ( No stable schedule), you have to have your own car, you have to pay for gas, and tolls, they do not compensate you for gas or tolls, and it puts a lot of mileage on your car. You wont know what toll both you'll be going to until you get to work, so you have to have enough gas to drive to the toll booth and back to the main office and to get home. They are very unprofessional company... your just another number.
Pros
Two 30 minute breaks
Cons
Unprofessional, they dont care, puts mileage on car, no compensation for gas or tolls
horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 27, 2016
I would not recommend this job for anyone. Supervisors are poor excuses for management and treat people like they are nothing. The company laid off everyone with benefits and brought in all new employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Wouldn't work for this company if it was the last job on earth
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beach line Sr 528May 11, 2016
This company although supposedly it has a zero tolerance for stealing, allow employees to steal from you and when you report it make up excuses as to why that employee stole from you.
They take no action. If you report something while they may state everything is confidential they notify who ever you are reporting.
This culture starts from the director of operations all the way down to management at the toll plazas. if you work at the toll plaza Supervisor is the highest level of advancement. To become a manager you have to apply with the state. so you will no longer be under Faneuil. So once you reach the supervisor level it will be a long long long wait to become a assistant manager or manager.
Pros
The work is great its a piece of cake
Cons
everything no benefits no room for advancement
Straight forward job, easy to earn benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VASeptember 19, 2016
Typical work day is 8-5, or at least Monday-Friday. Very rare chance of working on the weekend. Supervisors do one on one coaching weekly or biweekly to advised you of your progress and areas that could use improvement. Great communication between management and staff. You can earn healthcare benefits after 90 days.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, one hour lunch breaks, and monthly bonuses
Cons
Depending on what department you are employed with, you may have to occasionlly work a day on the weekend.
Good place to learn customer service skills, company had a lot to work on
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJune 3, 2016
I worked for the Dominion power part. The trainers were nice but definitely spent too much time on irreverent subjects. Some of the supervisors were not helpful especially with being new on the floor, promises place for advancement but no higher pay once you are dual skilled. System always crashing causing angrier customers. Only cares about numbers. Calls are graded and points are taken of for misunderstandings. An okay Job to work temporarily but wouldn't recommend trying to make a career.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay, leadership not very helpful, system always slow
The staff and my co workers are great but the company lacks big time...
Toll Collector (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2015
The employees and staff are very good people,its just that the company lacks in taking care of their employees, and what we go through as toll collectors we don't get paid enough to take the abuse of patrons and customers, which the company has a hard time understanding, like all companies train of thought it will take something disasterous before the right thing is done. But in all fairness, this company gave me a job when no one else did and for that I will always be loyal and greatful to them....They really need to step up their game with raises, better medical benefits especially the medical side and get rid of the preventive care bullcrap,401k,insurances etc. and the dental could be a little better than 1000.00 a year soending..
Pros
None we dont even get a break using the toll system as employees during off time
Cons
alot to mention see above..
bottom line driven company
project manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 13, 2016
most workers at Faneuil were low paid hourly employees who were contracted through Faneuil to work for the government. very stressful for these employees with little to no chance for improvement.
Pros
fairly easy job
Cons
no raises for entry level position
Faneuil needs to change management in Clifton Forge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clifton Forge, VAJune 15, 2016
Unqualified individuals in positions, management does not help. You can not take time off to take your children to the doctor without being penalized for it because of their 85% rule, you can not take time off for being sick unless you have a doctors note every time; you have no opportunity to move up; upper management does not help the employees and the person they have in human resources is never there to get help and when she is, she does not help you at all.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, policy, schedules
Just another job where you are a number and you don't move up unless you're in the right crowd
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dominion, VAJuly 25, 2016
Initially a great place to work, has been polluted by local and internal politics. Job is easy across all clients of the company, however in doing job there is no security. No matter what you do you are constantly berated and told to do more even if you are meeting or even surpassing metrics and company goals. No future dead end job.
Pros
Shift options, Hour lunch
Cons
No advancement potential, poor management
Nice co workers it stops there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 3, 2015
I worked here as a temporary csr for WABHE. The pay was average for a not so hard job...loved the customers and helping others apply for medical insurance.. Computer system sucked always shutting down. This company only cares about bodies in a seat and not losing the contract. I was sexually harassed by two different supervisors which happened to be close friends and rode together to work. Two unprofessional sick people who does that on a job in a supposedly safe & professional environment. Never has that happened to me & I've been in the workforce 20+ years. I didn't report the incident at first because I didn't want to be labeled as a trouble maker. Once I did report the incident to management, it was brushed off as if I'd made the incident up( mind you by this time I'd resigned), told I could have have my job back because my stats were good. I asked to think about it over & called to say I wanted a meeting with the director before I made my decision never called back.. Run as far as possible as I should have filed a lawsuit against the company. The male supervisor was fired some months later for stealing go figure. The call center in Hampton is a circus.
Cons
Fun place to work but very hot
Toll Collector (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 18, 2016
This is a fun and demanding job that gives you a great sense of accomplishment when you make people's days better by providing excellent customer service as well as local information. The biggest draw back is the weather. The booths have a small fan and windows but the uniform shirt is not breathable and makes it hard for your sweat to cool you down
Pros
working on the beach helping people
Cons
the heat and the uniform shirt
Work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLFebruary 22, 2016
I worked taking calls from individuals seeking benefits after being separated from their jobs. The job came with a lot of responsibility but the knowing of helping other people was a pleasure. We had days were we could dress down or each individual team may have held a potluck.
Pros
The loving of the tram
Cons
Pay was not enough for the hard work we preformed weekly.
I loved my job, but this company didn't value employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 14, 2016
I had a very unique experience with this company. I was taken out of work due to a car wreck and miscarriage. I was given the option to either come to work or be fired. My health circumstances prevented me from being able to make it to work. Needless to say, there was no sympathy at all and I was terminated on my day off.
decent
Toll collector/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2016
its a job...what sucks is that in the booth your so bored not able to even read a book or newspaper. I have been to other states that have tolls and the collectors have radios, phones, books. If you are not a supervisor your day will go by so slow. The way you get shifts if you don't have a position is by on call basically. The pay isn't enough to be sitting bored as all heck in a box 8 hours.
Terrble management who don't know what they're doing
Toll Collector (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 18, 2015
Don't ever work here. It's terrible and they preach promoting from within but I have a bachelor's degree, have worked there for over 6 months in the lowest position, and still haven't even heard about a slight chance. They expect you to be there even when you're not scheduled, and they don't fix your schedule. Very terrible place to work for, absolutely awful benefits, and no respect for employees.
Pros
hahahahaha yeah right
Cons
everything
Could be Amazing...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 8, 2015
This could be the best call center to work for if the company paid the workers appropriately and management actually did what they were supposed to do. Job security is all on the agent just do what you're supposed to do and you'll have a job. They spend a good amount of time training you so you have a good bit of confidence before hitting the floor. Management is not fit for the job at all, i.e. lacking the proper training and people skill necessary to lead, encourage, and motivate their employees. Communication is also very poor with this company. It is overall a great place to work just a few kinks to work through.
Pros
relaxed environment, recognition of accomplishments, surprise lunches, gift cards etc.
Cons
poor pay, poor communication, poor management
Taking calls from angry customers.
Call Representative (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 29, 2016
I will be at work ready to take calls, and when I finally have a call it's always this one customer who finds it okay to be rude to a representative who is trying to help them the best way they know how. I begin to find resolutions on satisfying the customer , I would try everything in my power to make sure that when we end the call that the customer has all their questions answered and they are satisfied with what I told them. At the end of the day when I'm done with all my calls I feel accomplished because I know that I tried my very best to please all the customers I was associating with.
Ever Changing Positive Environment
CSR & Document Management (Current Employee) –  Valley, WAAugust 18, 2015
Not many advancement opportunities but benefits are decent and supervisors are there when you need their assistance and do not blow you off like some call centers do. Operations manager treats us all like we are the most important aspect of the company's goal achievement and rewards us with fun treats or activities. Ever changing processes, protocols and regulations within the company to follow the contractor's needs.
Pros
Positive environment, Team oriented and treated like we are needed and appreciated
Cons
Advancement Opportunities require re-location!
Very productive and great place to advance quickly
Toll Collector Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2016
A typical day at work is kinda easy going on an average day. I have learned to endure and put my selfish needs aside. Management is very strict and by the book. Co-workers are pleasant to work with and full of compassion. The hardest part of the job is vaults and weighing them for Loomis. The most enjoyable is interacting with the patrons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Faneuil. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8