Fannie Mae

Fannie Mae Employee Reviews

Fannie Mae is a great company and their employee benefits are great.
REO Asset Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: slowing down
Work is great not complicated. The people are very helpful to one another and the environment is great. I would like to go back to Fannie Mae if they have openings again in California and the same goes to Citi Residential Lending, Both great companies
Management style is to throw money at the problem
Operating Plan Program Manager III (Current Employee), Washingon DCMay 15, 2015
Senior Managers say "I want" rather than "How can we help make this happen?" They don't listen to program management SMEs. Their planning tools and processes are not at all in sync with the other organizations in the company. It could be a much better place to work. Most Directors and VPs can't see the big picture.
Not employee friendly
Sr. Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Mae, WAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Too much meetings
Cons: No breaks but just lunch
I will not recommend NCB to my friends because its a very strict organization where employees comes second before profit to the company.
Turbulent
Product Owner / Lead Business & Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2015
Many reorganizations is hampering the overall atmosphere. Learned some great Agile execution and programming skills, and will certainly find use for them in other organizations.
Expense Reimbursement Claims Processor II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 6, 2015
Great place to work. Very reputable company. Managers are very nice and will help out any way they can. Co-workers are always working as a team. Wonderful environment.
Fannie Mae
Governance Analyst III (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 5, 2015
I enjoy that I am constantly learning and being challenged. Management is very nice.
Diversity, Inclusion, Collaborating Effectively
Atmosphere great and the customers were great!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there and the people were great! definitely a team work environment and the work itself was actually pleasing. Management was awesome and gave great hours. Different pay advances within the company too'.
Slow going
Senior Counterparty Risk Analyst, ERM (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: everyone is brilliant
Cons: everyone is brilliant
Since the US Treasury took over conservatorship, things have slowed at bit. Slowed a bit slowed a bit. Slow SLow Slow

Great work environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Urbana, MarylandApril 14, 2015
Diverse and challenging work environment. I was tasks with many different jobs that stretched my ability and enabled me to grow as a BA.
great work environment
Metadata Data Analyst (Current Employee), Herndon, VAApril 13, 2015
pretty busy days at work with usually putting more then 8 hours. the management does listen to you and does support you in your work.
not a happy place.
Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee), somewhereApril 9, 2015
Pros: working from home a couple of days a week.
Cons: other than benefits, everything is a con.
Weak management, promotions based on who you know not what you know. Still stuck in the 60s leadership (or lack thereof) does not have a clue as to what is actually taking place within the industry at the street level. Everything happens based on theory or modeling systems. Scary thought is that unless someone there gets a clue the industry could have a repeat of what we all have gone thru over the last number of years.
Great place to work.
Underwriting Standards Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
Great benefits. Upper management communicated changes within the firm to ensure that all employees were kept informed. Easy company to work for.
Underwriter Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasApril 8, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: antiquated systems
I enjoyed my time at Fannie Mae. I learned a great deal and was privileged to work with people who truly cared about the results of their work. The expectations are high at Fannie Mae and the product shows it.
Great culture and opportunity
Business Project Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasApril 2, 2015
Pros: Updated dress code, enhanced social media presence, great atmosphere to move ahead
I had the opportunity to develop my strengths and focus on those areas. The current culture and overall direction of the company are headed in the right direction to impact a broad sector of the economy.
Mixed bag
QA Underwriter (Current Employee), AtlantaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Short sighted senior management
Fannie Mae offers great work life balance. However, job security is hard to find there right now. Senior management is seeking to streamline the work force regardless of the risk to the business.
Large company with advancement
Administrative Support III, (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2015
It is a large company with plenty of place to advance. Good coworkers and the company shows their appreciation to the employees by letting them what is going on.
Enjoy a challenge.
Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
There is always a way to find some sort of resolution.
Everyone needs to respect that everyone has a job to do and be professional. It is surprising how many folks don't look at it that way.
Excellent benefits, management leaves a lot to be desired
Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits, 401k
Cons: management
Fannie is a company with an excellent cause and a monopolistic business. As a business it will always continue to make money and as such compensation and benefits are good. But senior management leaves a lot to be desired.
Senior Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: no micro management
Cons: no job security
Fannie Mae provided me with and expert knowledge of all of their selling guide requirements and their DU underwriting system.
great benefits, change in model
Foreclosure Prevention Counselor II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2015
good opportunity, consistent in change, benefits are some of the best in the business. very corporate like structure. more management than needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fannie Mae

We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress – Read more

Fannie Mae Salaries