Fannie Mae

Fannie Mae Employee Reviews

Great Place
Business Analyst III (Contractor) (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 1, 2015
Great Place to work and advance your career. Work environment is laid back and friendly. Management is cooperative and supportive of their employees
Allow Independant work, with great benefits, and work from home schedule
REO Specialist/ Vendor Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CaJune 30, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: being a remote worker
A typical day at work is a independently work environment with main focus on vendor performance and numbers. Great work life balance with benefits to work remotely. I have learned how to read reports with accurately forecasting month productivity and meeting goals. I have learned how to manage numerous people holding equal or lateral positons as myself. Worked with great co-workers whom reach out actively to ensure that we made goals as a team as well as individually. The most challenging part of the job is ensuring that I was holding vendors accountable fairly, tactfully while being firm on the importance of meeting goals and company expectations. The best part of working with the company was the work-life balance and the freeing feeling of being trusted to work independently.
Governance Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2015
Really great place to work, really good benefits and compensation, good management, a very positive experience working there.
n
Business Analyst Optimization & Production Supp (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 25, 2015
Pros: n
Cons: n
Great company. Good work ethic and culture. Great facility and building. Flexible hours and great laptops provided to every contractor
Uneven management and culture
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 25, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits, training available
Cons: Individual management teams do what they want without oversight or consequences
In my two years at Fannie Mae, I met a number of hard working, talented people. Working with these people, combined with the training available, can make for a productive work environment.

Unfortunately, I also met a few aggressively mean spirited managers willing to actively work to "run off" personnel (denial of training, petty comments in front of peers, using 'reply all' for criticisms, etc.) that were not favored or hired directly by them. My team had a high turnover rate (5 out of 20 in 4Q14-1Q15 alone) all driven by a single, favored manager (who was seemingly feared by those below and above) and the HR team unaware of the trend / common elements of these departures.

As to the company as a whole, the base pay, benefits and training available are all terrific. In fact, in my view, many people decide to deal with poor managers in order to keep these.
Strong Culture
REO Analyst, Multifamily - REO (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Fannie Mae offers good benefits along with a great work life balance. The company is dedicated to its employees and the personal development.
Finding Its Way
Senior Administratrive Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2015
Fannie Mae is currently finding its place in the future after conservatorship. Fannie Mae has always had great benefit and a good work life balance. They were very good to me and I wish them well.
Working as an intern
SF Ops Credit Enhancement- Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 14, 2015
The team members make it feel as though you are actually a full time employee for the company and not just a student on internship. You'll learn more about SQL and excel. The managers and director are amazing.
Good benefits, uncertain future
IT Project Analyst III (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 11, 2015
I enjoy working here, great salary and good benefits. However, uncertain future and threat of layoffs are concerning. Lots of red tape for project execution.
Tough Working Environment
Manager (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 4, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits and pay
Cons: Very stressful work environment
The climate of constant change at this company makes it very difficult to get a handle on the direction that the company is moving. Expect to work very long hours and weekends too in some cases. Teams and processes are in constant flux since the left hand does not always know or care what the right hand is doing. Turnover is some areas is pretty high. Company benefits and salary are decent. At year end be prepared for a low rating even though you worked your tail off as it is required that 10% of the company must receive a "does not meet expectations" rating.
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Addison, TXJune 3, 2015
I learned a lot during my time at Fannie Mae. It was an overall great experience. I enjoyed adding value to company, helping them reach company goals.
productive
Business System Analyst/ IT Analyst (Former Employee), Herndon, VAMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
HR runs the place, you need to play a lot of politics to advance
Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAMay 28, 2015
If you do good work and work hard, that's about 50% of your advancement potential. The other half is how well you play the political game, how well you come off as a "corporate citizen" by showing up to as many meetings as you can, signing up for as many volunteer activities as you can, and schmoozing with as many managers as you can. HR dictates pay and titles, not management, and they are stuck in the past with their outdated policies. They use a stack ranking system, which ends up being a horse trading show among managers during "calibrations", a system that even Microsoft abandoned once they realized it didn't work.
Fannie Mae is a great company and their employee benefits are great.
REO Asset Analyst (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: slowing down
Work is great not complicated. The people are very helpful to one another and the environment is great. I would like to go back to Fannie Mae if they have openings again in California and the same goes to Citi Residential Lending, Both great companies
Management style is to throw money at the problem
Operating Plan Program Manager III (Current Employee), Washingon DCMay 15, 2015
Senior Managers say "I want" rather than "How can we help make this happen?" They don't listen to program management SMEs. Their planning tools and processes are not at all in sync with the other organizations in the company. It could be a much better place to work. Most Directors and VPs can't see the big picture.
Not employee friendly
Sr. Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Mae, WAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Too much meetings
Cons: No breaks but just lunch
I will not recommend NCB to my friends because its a very strict organization where employees comes second before profit to the company.
Turbulent
Product Owner / Lead Business & Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 12, 2015
Many reorganizations is hampering the overall atmosphere. Learned some great Agile execution and programming skills, and will certainly find use for them in other organizations.
Expense Reimbursement Claims Processor II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 6, 2015
Great place to work. Very reputable company. Managers are very nice and will help out any way they can. Co-workers are always working as a team. Wonderful environment.
Fannie Mae
Governance Analyst III (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 5, 2015
I enjoy that I am constantly learning and being challenged. Management is very nice.
Diversity, Inclusion, Collaborating Effectively
Atmosphere great and the customers were great!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there and the people were great! definitely a team work environment and the work itself was actually pleasing. Management was awesome and gave great hours. Different pay advances within the company too'.

1 2 3 4 5

About Fannie Mae

We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress – Read more

Fannie Mae Salaries