Fannie May Employee Reviews

Productive and intuitive
Warehouse Lead/Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILJanuary 9, 2018
A challenging job with innovative and cultivating operations with room to grow. Over my time here we have moved into two warehouses and completely emptied out our other six warehouses while maintaining our deliveries to our retail stores.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Slow pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2017
Fannie was a good company for someone who is looking to get a part time or first time job. It is very slow pace until valentine days where the stores could be really busy.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILDecember 26, 2017
I liked Fannie May because it always has a positive environment between customers and coworkers. It’s never too stressful. Never too busy. I get along with everyone here very nicely
Productive Face Pace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Stocking and selling candy, also supported other regional store services and customer needs where needed. Developed marketing and merchandising plans to enhance sales
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Short breaks and not enough money
fun environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 28, 2017
very fun place to work. the environment is relaxed and awesome leadership. Management is understanding and patient and team is reliable and knowledgeable.
Pros
fun relaxed environment
Cons
low pay and hours
Fun but stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2017
I loved working for them, and I would go back if I could, but managers that had more then one store where over worked and underpaid. They tried to appeal to the original audience but updated their rewards program to suit a younger audience.
A nice place to work for beginners
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 26, 2017
Fannie may candies is a nice place to work if you are just starting out. I was a manager and putting in over 50 plus hours a week, I was making less then the associates being on salary. I take pride in any job I have.
Frendly co-workers
Sales Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
Great people to work for in a cultivating environment. Lines of communication were always open. Associates were warm and welcoming when it came time to learn new processes.
Pros
Nurturing culture
Cons
Short on benefits
Good for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2017
Easy part time job to manage with school. Good first job. Quality candy and fair working environment. Not terribly hard but a good place to learn the ropes for any workplace.
Fun Place to work
Fruit Bouquet Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
I only worked there temporary during Valentines day week. I had a lot of fun working with their fruit bouquets. I also learned a few tricks to help my career. They have delicious chocolates.
Pros
Got to try their chocolates
Fun holiday work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 16, 2017
This was my seasonal job throughout my college years, and i still help out occasionally during the busy times of the year. loved our customers and OF COURSE the candy
Pros
free candy!!!
Cons
not many hours available
Easy Job, Needs Better Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2017
Easy job. Boring if it's not the holidays. Get to eat as much candy as you want when working. Depending on the location, you could be overworked. Upper level management makes hours tight & limited. No room for advancement/ no raises. No break/lunch system in place. Upper level management isn't the best. Lots of quality control problems lately. Overall, management needs improvement but it's one of the easiest minimum wage jobs out there.
Pros
Easy, free candy
Cons
No breaks, management needs improvement
A great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, ILMay 22, 2017
It was one of my first jobs and was very easy. They didn't expect too much from you, except do your job and have great customer service skills. The people that worked there were very helpful to the new employees
Great First job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 21, 2017
Taught me responsibility and offered me a great environment to grow. I worked through high school and into part of college. 1800 Flowers is a great company to work for.
Difficult Place to Work, Might Have Been the Location's Fault
counting inventory, and customer service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 26, 2017
I really had a hard time working here. It wasn't the customers or how easy it was to preform what was expected from us. My coworkers were constantly taking inventory from the sales shelf as well as bad mouthing each other behind their backs. My manager was not confident in her abilities to control the situation. We should not have been in charge of inventory. The policies should have been strictly enforced. It was really a tough situation to work in. Shortly after I left the location closed.
Pros
Easy expectations
Cons
Nasty coworkers
Stay Away from Fannie May
Multi-store Manager (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 9, 2017
Would not recommend this company to anyone. They do not pay their people fairly. They invest very little time and energy into properly training their associates. Managers do not get breaks. All shifts are scheduled alone unless it's during peak seasons.
Pros
DIscount
Cons
Everything Else
fun workplace great tasting chocolates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 23, 2017
loved customer interaction. management made the job fun. loved creating displays for various holidays. each holiday had different flavored candies. fun atmosphere
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
company closed
fun place to work at
Sales Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
Had to ring up sales and make sure everything was in order. And pack and help with the receving and make sure we got everything we got in our orders. And do visual displays and do the depoist at closing time and do a change order.
Poorly run
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Management had no clue what they were doing. Product quality has taken a dive in recent years. Hours are exceptionally tight.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Poorly managed
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJanuary 26, 2017
While my time at Fannie may candies this job helped my learn how to work with the public as a sales associate. It was different to work with candy than clothing