Fannin Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Med/surgOctober 20, 2017
Upper management is terrible. they can spend 60K on artwork but want to give the employees 10 cent raise. The management worries about making money and cutting corners to pinch pennies then they do the staff that's working their butts off for them.
Pros
insurance is good
Very low wages for non-clinical staff. Top mgmt was bad. Favoritism
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAOctober 5, 2017
Top management was the WORST I've seen in my long career (30+ years). Mgmt forced employees to take vacation when the hospital was not meeting its numbers.......which was all the time. (Quarterly).
Over worked good employees and salaries were way below the average for non-clinical employees..... yet they are the most expensive hospital in all North GA. Very high turnover rate among lowest pay employees. Working two jobs is not uncommon while working at Fannin Regional Hospital. Unfair promotions was the norm. Stay away from this place!
Over all
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 3, 2017
Every second the rules where changed to fit management
In the handbook u can not have family members work under u but yet they did it if ur an outsider u do not want to work there u can't talk to anyone if you of an issue because they are all peas in a pod a very big pod
Pros
Cons
It's terrible
it was a old hospital back then
Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAAugust 25, 2017
worked there through an agency and it was an old hospital then with old machine which needed upgrade. Nice staff, friendly and helpful. It is very far though
no job security and no leadrership from direct supervisor
Other (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAJune 27, 2017
High turnover due to poor lower level management leading to long hours, no help and stressful work conditions. Pay scale compared to work load completely inadequate.
Pros
supportive admin team
Cons
Horrible direct supervisor
Most enjoyable part of the job
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAMay 24, 2017
The best part of the job is working in the community. Fannin County is one of the friendliest communities and taking care of the people in my community is very rewarding. I love working at Fannin Regional because of the friendly staff and patients. Management in the particular area that I work in makes my daily routine very difficult. She is rude and treats staff very poorly. If she was not there I would venture to say that I had found the perfect job.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Poor management
Avoid apg/hvmc
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  APG aka Hidden Valley Medical CenterFebruary 28, 2017
Management is the worst I have ever seen and there is a large turnover because of it. I hope corporate will eventually take a look at this and realize who the problem is and do something about it
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Busy and Productive Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAMarch 1, 2016
The staff is very knowledgable and eager to help. It is very busy for a small hosital therefore the workload is often too much and they are understaffed. However everybody works together really well to get things done.
Don't work for housekeeping
Floor Tech, Security, Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAJuly 2, 2015
Worked there 9 years. First 8 were ok. Then they let a housekeeping agency take over department. HHS. Never work for or trust these people. Management and supervision are morons. Ruined a pretty good place to work. Nobody in charge cares about you. Do your job and get bad-mouthed. Stay away.
Pros
Job security is alright
Cons
Everything else
Loved working at Appalachian Physician's Group
RN BSN (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAAugust 6, 2014
We had great leadership and amazing co-workers. The General Surgery Department was a great place to work. I am so grateful i got the opportunity to work for my doctors and with my secretary!
Human Resource Dept
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAJuly 11, 2014
It seems to be that if you ever worked at Fannin Regional and tried to return applying for job that you did before the Human Resource department will send you a notice within 24hrs saying you do not qualify but you did the job for seven years. A sorry human being to do others that way.
Pros
No Pros for working there
Cons
Low pay and disrespect from management
A process
Full Time, PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAJune 14, 2013
A typical day at work....there wasn't a typical day. The hospital was going through many changes of guard and the day to day was hectic. The rules of how we were to accomplish our daily tasks were changed sometimes weekly, sometimes daily. In the time that I was with CHS (Fannin Regional Hospital & Hidden Valley Medical) the CEO of our facility changed three times, and our CFO changed four. Management was under a great deal of stress because of the on going changes, we all tried to be helpful. The business of the hospital taught me how to effectively process claims, and how to effectively assist the doctors and coding staff. The people at the hospital taught me about community and caring about people in a way that is different from but, akin to family and friends. The hardest part of the job was two fold, losing patients was definitely the hardest on the personal side, they were our extended family and their loss was felt in every department. It was a small facility, and a small town, we all knew each other and it was heart breaking sometimes. The second part was advancement and job security, the hospital was going through financial hard times and it was known in no uncertain terms that you could be replaced and that promotion was not probable because, there was no money for pay increases. My favorite part of the job was the staff, the underlings, we were a family, I also enjoyed talking to people all day long on the phone as PBX operator.
Pros
Patient care, feeling useful, sense of family
Cons
No advancement, miniscule pay raises, very short breaks (unless you were a smoker), job security
An average place to work great co-workers
Emergency Department Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAApril 19, 2013
I work weekend shift Friday 3-11 then flip and do Saturday and Sunday 7a-7p. I am responsible for all Admissions, Discharges, Collections and registrations throughout the hospital all weekend. I am the only switch board operator throughout the hospital so very busy typically. I have learned that you can do 5 things at one time. The hardest part is when you have 5 people checking in, 5 people checking out and the phone is ringing continuously. The most enjoyable part is helping others.
Pros
helping others
Cons
the flip on friday is just not compatible with my son i am away from him about 24 hours.
hospital given to many patient take care
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAFebruary 7, 2013
home town hospital.enjoy working with people i have know for year.
Pros
good people work with
Cons
to many patient take care
Wonderful Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GASeptember 14, 2012
Worked with wonderful people!! Learned something new everyday. Never a dull moment!!!!

Wished they offered a little more pay for staff.

Got to work in different areas to (with float diff) and learned more each time.

Was make to feel like family, family was always first when I worked here, we took care of each other along with our patients!!

I totally miss everyone!!
Pros
learned something new everyday, made you feel like family, employees lpns
Cons
on call days