Fannin Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved working at Appalachian Physician's Group
RN BSN (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAAugust 6, 2014
We had great leadership and amazing co-workers. The General Surgery Department was a great place to work. I am so grateful i got the opportunity to work for my doctors and with my secretary!
Human Resource Dept
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAJuly 11, 2014
It seems to be that if you ever worked at Fannin Regional and tried to return applying for job that you did before the Human Resource department will send you a notice within 24hrs saying you do not qualify but you did the job for seven years. A sorry human being to do others that way.
Pros
no pros for working there
Cons
low pay and disrespect from management
A process
Full Time, PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAJune 14, 2013
A typical day at work....there wasn't a typical day. The hospital was going through many changes of guard and the day to day was hectic. The rules of how we were to accomplish our daily tasks were changed sometimes weekly, sometimes daily. In the time that I was with CHS (Fannin Regional Hospital & Hidden Valley Medical) the CEO of our facility changed three times, and our CFO changed four. Management was under a great deal of stress because of the on going changes, we all tried to be helpful. The business of the hospital taught me how to effectively process claims, and how to effectively assist the doctors and coding staff. The people at the hospital taught me about community and caring about people in a way that is different from but, akin to family and friends. The hardest part of the job was two fold, losing patients was definitely the hardest on the personal side, they were our extended family and their loss was felt in every department. It was a small facility, and a small town, we all knew each other and it was heart breaking sometimes. The second part was advancement and job security, the hospital was going through financial hard times and it was known in no uncertain terms that you could be replaced and that promotion was not probable because, there was no money for pay increases. My favorite part of the job was the staff, the underlings, we were a family, I also enjoyed talking to people all day long on the phone as PBX operator.
Pros
patient care, feeling useful, sense of family
Cons
no advancement, miniscule pay raises, very short breaks (unless you were a smoker), job security
An average place to work great co-workers
Emergency Department Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAApril 19, 2013
I work weekend shift Friday 3-11 then flip and do Saturday and Sunday 7a-7p. I am responsible for all Admissions, Discharges, Collections and registrations throughout the hospital all weekend. I am the only switch board operator throughout the hospital so very busy typically. I have learned that you can do 5 things at one time. The hardest part is when you have 5 people checking in, 5 people checking out and the phone is ringing continuously. The most enjoyable part is helping others.
Pros
helping others
Cons
the flip on friday is just not compatible with my son i am away from him about 24 hours.
hospital given to many patient take care
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAFebruary 7, 2013
home town hospital.enjoy working with people i have know for year.
Pros
good people work with
Cons
to many patient take care
Wonderful Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GASeptember 14, 2012
Worked with wonderful people!! Learned something new everyday. Never a dull moment!!!!

Wished they offered a little more pay for staff.

Got to work in different areas to (with float diff) and learned more each time.

Was make to feel like family, family was always first when I worked here, we took care of each other along with our patients!!

I totally miss everyone!!
Pros
learned something new everyday, made you feel like family, employees lpns
Cons
on call days