Fantastic Sams Employee Reviews

friendly enviornment
St. Clair Shores Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIApril 21, 2017
this is a very clean and friendly environment to work at. the staff is very nice and communicative with the customers. management is also very understanding.
Interactive and merry workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 18, 2017
A typical day at Fantastic Sams would be a joyful and energetic day. I would work on many different task for the duration of my shift allowing me to sty productive and that was an enjoyable part for me. The management were amazing and comforting to all, there had been no hard task for this job.
Pros
Discount, Good and welcoming environment
Horrible
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INApril 14, 2017
I do not recommend, Horrible manager and horrible environment to work in. Snooty and lazy co workers. Expected to clean entire salon and not paid for it.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 7, 2017
great place to work, a variety of guests to service. Flexible hours, paid vacations and holidays. Continuing education provided. Great products to work with.
Pros
team environment
Cons
some guests were not very nice
Terrible owner
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNApril 5, 2017
I loved the people I worked with and most of the customers. The employees were really good about covering for eachother when someone needed a day or so off. The owner, however, was extremely unprofessional. Yelling at employees in front of customers and telling everyone about her marital and personal problems- employees and customers. Her work was below average and every stylist had to quietly fix her mistakes. Unless you want to work for someone who constantly puts you down and talks about you, I wouldn't work here.
fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 4, 2017
a typical day at work is answering the phone taking appointments and logging it on the computer, clean, stock inventory, assist hairdressers when needed. Management is great. Hardest part of the job is when things get busy you must multitask the phones, and in person customers.
Pros
discounts on products and haircuts
Cons
half hour break, must work sundays
Great Workplace
stylist (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 31, 2017
I loved working for Fantastic Sams .The Salon owners were wonderful .I had so much fun and enjoyed the enviroment and the coworkers. The clientle were great. Had such a wonderful experience with this company.
Very busy and well known salon
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAMarch 29, 2017
This salon was located in a college town. We received a lot of college students as well as residents and visitors on a day to day basis. I really enjoyed the other stylists as well as the atmosphere of working there. I learned a lot from my managers as well as with my peers.
Good learning Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 26, 2017
Schedule is out 2 weeks in advance. This is a walk-in salon. Locally run, even though it's a franchise. Owners do celebrate employees birthday, anniversaries and Christmas gifts.
Great Customers
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 21, 2017
This job revolves around customer service. The customers are very loyal and will spread the word if you do a great job. Normal duties are to keep the retail shelves stocked and clean, keep the salon clean and sanitary for public use, and providing good customer service.
Fun, Caring co-workers and fast paced workplace.
Stylist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 15, 2017
Fantastic Sams is a very fun, fast paced workplace. You have a many different kind of people and different kind of commands come in and out of this salon.All the stylist are kind and skilled workers.
Part time Stylist (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NC 27332March 13, 2017
I work with a great team. We work well together and help each other out. The part I enjoy is that the manager works with my family schedule. If I had to pick a hard part of the job is dealing with a customer that is not happy. I do try to find a way to make each of my customers happy, so that they return to our salon.
Gotta love working in a salon
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXMarch 1, 2017
It always great working for a salon if you get your hair done and use nicer products. Fun atmosphere because cosmetologists are always fun to work with.
Pros
discounted hair products/services
Cons
healthcare
work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMarch 1, 2017
Was a great location, i made great money but didn't like how the owner handled the closing of this location. I loved the manager and the people i worked with.
Fast pace and exciting environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 22, 2017
I worked as a receptionist at Fantastic Sams for almost three years and learned the most about communication and working in a salon environment and how to multi-task.
Pros
Flexible hours and fast pace
Cons
Short breaks, always on feet
Unprofessional
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHFebruary 22, 2017
The employees were unfair to other employees. I did my check list of clean up at the end of a shift. The other employees would erase my initials from my check list. They were pushing me out to get a friend hired.
Not a friendly enviroment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIFebruary 18, 2017
The management wasn't professional at all. Not a great place to work for unless you are a hairstylist. not make it a friendly place to go work for. I am very disappointed.
Pros
Rude, Unrealistic, Bad management
Cons
Great pay, Awesome Staff
Great work environment
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoy working at the salon. We all work as a team to ensure customer satisfaction. The managers do not micro-manage and they listen to our needs. Any issues are usually resolved right away which is always a plus.
Pros
I love styling hair and making people look and feel great.
Cons
The pay is not so great. Plus we have no benefits.
Not a good place to work, a total waste of your time.
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Theworst place to work.the owners are always there micro managing and begging customers for a good review on internet.lucky if you get one customer per day. No benefits I wouldn't waste my time. The owners are always in you and your customers business. They block the customers numbers so you don't call them.the owners have never been in the hair business and it shows, they use the salon for there entertainment and they don't let the stylist focus on what they do best. The owners are full of drama and love it. The turn over is very high. Every 2 months all new people. If you like drama,being micro managed and making no money it's the place for you. I give it a half of star.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Horrible owners
Fast paced, fun environment
Stylist/Product Corrdinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MN and Elk River, MNFebruary 8, 2017
Free continued education.
Fast paced.
Uncapped commission.
Guaranteed pay.
Room for advancement.

The fast pace makes the days go by quick. You meet tons of interesting people with great conversation! The free continued education is a bonus for how quickly the hair industry is growing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fantastic Sams. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9