Fantastic Sams Employee Reviews in United States

Stylist
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 24, 2016
The best salon I have ever worked for. Its full service and the pay scale is easy to make money with. I worked with a great group and management was down to earth and easy to communicate with.
A day in the life
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 5, 2016
A typical day at work is clocking in, setting up my area, putting customers into the computer, servicing the customer, ringing out the customer and answering phones.

The management and co-workers are amazing

The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone fell better.
Terrible Place To Work
Beautician/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 3, 2016
Typical work day consisted of working with many clients, being treated in a way you shouldn't, they definitely make you feel like there is no promotion beyond Fantastic Sam's. Co-workers were a mix of mature, helpful, immature and unproductive workers. Most enjoyable part of my job was the clients.
Pros
Growth in clientele
Cons
short lunches, sometimes no lunches, treated like and unfairly at times, no health benefits
out of business
Assistant Manager/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 2, 2016
The jobs was great. It is no longer open and the owner was off her rocker. I enjoyed the staff but was glad not to work with this owner anymore
Pros
customers
Cons
no benefits
I miss my family
full time hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MAApril 27, 2016
I built a life long family there, we shared marriges, deaths, children, They watched my children grow and I learned a lot from them as well There's a lot of tallent in that salon. I have grown from it I have taken my knowledge and flown but have not forgotten where it came from.
Pros
She was hard on me I know why
Cons
I miss her
Some franchise owners are terrible
stylist/receptionist/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 27, 2016
I worked at a fantastic Sam in Williamsburg, VA for years. Tell the franchise was bought by another owner. Who did not care about the stylist or the products they diluted for the stylist to use on clients. and came up with a commission pay scale that kept stylist from making good money. Insurance was offered for some and was not paid on time by owner.They also issued threats instead of solving problems tactfully. The difference between Franchise and Chain business. Franchise they can look the same and offer the same products or services but the way it run by owner can pretty much run it how they want. Chains everything is the same and fall under usually a pretty good corporate net for insurance etc and has to be run by corporate guidelines specifically. Fantastic sames is franchise so check them out carefully when applying.

I can not advise anyone in good conscience to work at the one in Williamsburg Va.If your really serious about your career and help to get you there. Apply at your own risk.!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great place to work with great owners
Cons
Terrible if not owned and run properly
Horrible company
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2016
I work for two differnt owners under this company. The owners are clueless and have to idea how to run a business. They never had product in the salon . let alone paid a fare wage. I will never for this company again in my life.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, bad owners, horrible hours, no product
very enjoyable work place
SALON MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 9, 2016
was exciting to do new things everyday. When starting out they provided training in all aspects of furthering career. Were encouraging and pleasant to work for.
Pros
continued training paid for
Cons
long hours of standing
Mostly fun but very hectic work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2016
Fun job for the most part but sometimes dealing with the public can be very stressful. As a receptionist I had many jobs. Answering phones, doing towels, helping the stylist prep for a chemical service, cleaning shop and tanning beds.
Pros
Mostly great co-workers
Cons
Dealing with the public sometimes
Productive and fun work place.
Receptionist / Key holder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2016
Good place to work. always something new to learn. Great way to meet new people. Very up beat. Decorating for the holidays was always a fun and exciting thing to do.
Boring shifts but easy pay.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work was boring. I learned a lot about hair and how to color hair along with mixing products. The management was good they were organized but they were hard to work with. My co workers were nice and they were welcoming. The hardest part about this job is having to deal with angry customers that came through from time to time. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting new people and working around hair, you learn and catch on to a lot.
Pros
Learned how to do hair, meet new people
Cons
Short breaks, short shifts and angry customers
Great place to work great owner
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAMarch 30, 2016
Productive and great career growth. great owner and education. Working in a full service salon that has walk in clientele gives you the ability to build a great clientele.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 16, 2016
Great place to work if you like working evenings and weekends. I am a single mom and I want to be there for my kids as much as I can. So evenings and weekends is not an option for me
Fun Company
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Willmar, MNFebruary 21, 2016
Fun energetic place to work, always laughing and joking around. We always get the job done with a smile on our face. The staff is close nit family. Always looking out for one another.
Pros
fun enviroment
the client base was the best
stylist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2016
I loved working here. A typical day for me was busy from start to finish, and I had some clients that would wait for an hour or more for me. that was a great feeling. My co workers had been there for years and years before I got there, but they just didn't have what it took to keep a client happy, I guess. I was there one year and had most of the people that came through the door. Then the new owner appeared on January 1st. I was let go February. He called me a trouble maker. He also has a reputation for letting the top stylists go. so if you want to work there or are working there be warned!
Pros
clients
Cons
management and owner
the clients that came to the shop were few
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 21, 2016
It just wasn't as busy of a salon as I was used to
Most of the women that came in were from the retirement community nearby.
a typical day consisted of waiting for someone to come in
I learned patience
Management was just fine, she was the owner, so she cared about the salon
co workers talents varied from much experience to newly licensed
the hardest part of the job was that the money wasn't there
productive workplace
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 20, 2016
my typical day starts with arriving early making coffee getting people and their appointments into the computer in the correct order helping the cosmetologists with whatever they needed me to do.my coworkers were really a lot of fun to work with and I learned so much from them. the hardest part of my job was refilling the hair conditioner bottles because we had to do it by hand with no pump.it was very time consuming. the most enjoyable part of my job
Pros
discounted shampoo and conditioner salon quality
Cons
short breaks no insurance
Fun Place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYFebruary 12, 2016
Not in the best place for walk in traffic, good place to move up into management, co- workers where fun to hang out with. late hours close's at 9.
Pros
Good chinese food next door
Cons
pay
Produtive palce to work.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Walker, LAFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed working for Fantastic Sam's. It was a very layed back place to work . It made me so happy to work with my customers because it was always different with each customer.
Productive fun place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIFebruary 1, 2016
I have worked for Fantastic Sams for 21 years. Fantastic Sams has gave me the opportunity to grow. They offer great educational class that keep me updated on the new trends. They have a very great work environment that is professional but also fun. Fantastic Sams isn't a job I go to 5 days a week, its where I go to live out my career and see my extended family (my co-workers). We do work hard as our salon takes in about 450 guest a week (so if you don't have a Appointment there is always a walk in to make money on) but we also have a great deal of fun in our salon also. I have worked in a few privately owned shops and they just weren't as personal with their employees. At Fantastic Sams I see the owner at least once a week. He cares about each and every employee and will help in anyway he can to make you love your career even more. I know some people say it is a starting job but I think that its home and a career. I highly recommend that you give them a chance. Fantastic Sams are owned and independently operated, so if you had a bad experience at one try another.
Pros
Great money for hard workers, work around your schedule
Cons
Sometimes your feet may hurt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fantastic Sams. Our community is ready to answer.