Fantastic Sams Employee Reviews

Terrible
Key Holder / Stylist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 18, 2018
I was lied to about how I would be getting paid and didn’t find out till after my first paycheck. The owner only cares about money and not the employees. Made workers drive to work under hazardous weather conditions. The workers however are the best. But the pay is a deal breaker. You cannot live off of it.
Pros
Discounts, free education continuing
Cons
Pay, have to work holidays, long hours, rarely get a break
Professional and fast- paced.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 15, 2018
It's was a nice place to work. We got as many hours as we wanted. Managers were very nice. They exercise the open- door- policy. We got paid training course regularly.
Great place to learn more about your career
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at Fantastic Sams because you use all of the Fantastic Sams products and the clients are very easy to work with. Every client is registered on a computer so you already know how much they are charged for certain services and all their service information.
Fast paced, bad environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNFebruary 11, 2018
As a receptionist I would get sent home early so it would be a waste of a drive. Sometimes I would be schedule for a 11-3 but got sent home at 11:30.. waste of my time to even show up. Coworkers made me feel very unwelcome.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Coworkers
not great
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 9, 2018
I actually liked the manager that ran this place, it was the owner that was terrible. Just another chop shop that cares more about money, than quality
Workplace Culture
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 6, 2018
It was a horrible place to work, one could get electrocuted using their outlets.....Osha sure doesn't do their job I can guarantee you that. Arkansas State Board comes in and looks around, apparently they don't do their jobs either.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work and dangerous
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 5, 2018
stand in front of the door, answer phones, greet guests. dust the inventory, clean the front of the hair salon, don't really get breaks, unless it's not busy
Fun place to work
Stylist/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 4, 2018
I enjoyed working here,made lots of friends.Had great clients. And would still be there if I didn't move across the country.The owner and current manager are great.
Good place to work raising kids
Manager/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Good place to work while raising kids. But not as an actual career with benefits. It has gotten me thru raising them. The prices are cheap. So making money you do really have to work hard and fat to make a decent paycheck. No benefits what so ever.
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rawsonville, MIJanuary 29, 2018
It’s a very Laid back job but can get busy , all you do is towels ring people in and out and also clean the product shelves , as long as u do ur job u are good!!!
Pros
You get your hair colored/ styled/ and cut for free. Also get free waxes. 50% off products
Cons
Working with all women there can be unnecessary drama
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Not soo good not so bad just a starting job not a future job. New management not caring about their enployees needs. If you are not a fast hairstylist you need to quit
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Manager for Fantastic Sams
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNJanuary 28, 2018
I am a manager for the Tennessee area and Love this place, the owners, leaders and all the great stylists that work together as a team. We are growing the company back with New ownership a year now. They are great to us and helping each other and each other's stores when needed is Fantastic. I will be here long term. So glad I made the choice to join them. We are always looking for great stylists and leaders to join our company
Pros
Birthday celebrations, full and part time, remodeled salons
work here
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 24, 2018
working at this fantastic sams has been ok but there is not way to move up in your job. over all a good places to work management is very good here if you have a problem they will do there best to help you.
Generous Owners
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Alamo, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Best employers I've worked for. They were generous and fair. Although, they had a manager, we were allowed/encouraged to contact them personally. They cared about their employees.
N/a
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 23, 2018
This salon is extremely slow and the upper management is clueless!
The upper management run the salon from Florida and China and they blame the staff for the lack of revenue!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
cut, color, perm, style, wax
hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 15, 2018
must be able to complete all services provided effectively and efficiently. Didn't get sit down breaks or benefits. When working as a team we could handle just about any situation thrown our way.
Pros
awesome co-workers and customers
Cons
no breaks or benefits
Fast paced, family oriented
Office Assistant-Courier/ Salon Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Typical day at work, getting our work taken care of in a efficient timely manner, in our down time we upkeep the salon as a team or talk about how we can improve our numbers.
Managers here are basically teachers and work with us, not above us.
hardest part of the job, if salon is slow, getting sent home, lose out on hours
the best part of the job, the team, management being flexible and our guest leaving with beautiful hair and big smiles
Pros
paid time off, holiday lunch
Cons
getting sent home if slow
Great Starting Place
Salon Manager & Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 3, 2018
I worked here for 10 years and it was a great starting place to build my clientele. Great education options available here to help you in your career.
Disrespect
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Floresville, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Poor management and they take advantage of their stylist. Corporate does not care about the stylist at all. Manager talks bad of the workers to their face and disrespects the stylist.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Energetic and fast pase work environment
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2017
Competitive work atmosphere with room to grow and expand your clientele. Great owners who are very generous and lenient. Continuing education is offered and it's up to you to advance yourself!
Pros
Busy, tips, vacation time, good hours
Cons
No benefits, long days, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fantastic Sams. Our community is ready to answer.