Small to Medium Indian Casino with tremendous upside.
Pros: free employee dining, great events
Cons: limited room for advancement
● Constantly monitored all beverage services venues.
● Responsible for inventory & ordering wine, spirits, and beer from Southern California’s principle vendors, (Southern Wine & Spirits, Young’s Market, Heimark Distributors, Gate City Beverage, etc) and for fostering relations with said distributors.
● Responsible for organizing marketing campaigns and promotions for events related to the 12 food & beverage venues throughout Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino.
● Responsible for the hiring and training the staff of 12 venues, and implementing protocols consistent with both Human Resources and the overall corporate culture of Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino’s Food and Beverage Department.
● Ensured adequate staffing to cover the daily business demands.
● Deployed staff in an efficient way to ensure all mis-en-place was in place for oncoming shifts.
● Ensured the team gave exemplary hospitality to clients at all times.
● Ensured that orders of beverage were served promptly in accordance with Fantasy Springs Resort and Casino standards.
● Ensured the team was fully conversant with accounting procedures.
● Maintained and improved beverage profits by monitoring wastage and breakages and implementing remedial action when necessary.
● Ensured that revenue was maximized through correct billing and accounting procedures.
● Ensured the team acted upon all up selling opportunities within the restaurant, lounge and bars through encouragement and incentives.
● Carried out management functions as required.
● Ensured that all standards relating to security were maintained.
● Displayed a pro-active – more... and consistent approach to stock control, cost control and cash control.
● Ensured that new members of the team received departmental induction within their first week.
● Carried out appraisals as required.
● Greet, seat, take orders, and assist guests with food and wine selection. Check customer satisfaction during service.
● Liaise with the kitchen, for menu content, special customer requests, queries and complaints/compliments.
● Promote the menu and 'special offers'.
● Ensure all post-service tasks are completed (e.g. unused foods/dishes/drinks are returned to kitchen, bar or cellar).
● Assist with planning and organizing of special functions/seasonal events/projects.
● Complete required administrative functions (e.g. customer bills, reports, timesheets) and assist with annual budget preparation.
● Ensure effective security of keys and property - company, guest and personal.
● Deal with lost property.
● Challenge and report any person acting suspiciously.
● Display and encourage a high level of personal hygiene, customer care courtesy and social skill.
● Assist guests and promote the hotel's other facilities and services. – less