FareStart Employee Reviews

A student at Fair Start
Culinary Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2017
I was a culinary student at Fair Start and training was for 4 months. Where students learned culinary skills, from knife cuts, to preparing food from menues. Learning differant cheeses, vegetables, soups, sauces, salad dressings, also banquets. Preparing foods for banquets, parties, weddings and differant venues
Great learning experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2017
While Working with the Farestart i learned,did, and tried a lot of new things i loved working a variety of people and personalities the management was amazing always there with the excitement to answer any questions i have. the best part of the job is the customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Farestart is a wonderful company
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2017
Farestart is a wonderful company, my co-workers were amazing, as far a management is concerned, i don't have kind things to say. So, i will keep them to my self.
Pros
Pay, Shift Meal, Support Staff
Cons
Management, Lack of Communication
energetic and learning oppertunities
Barista/Prep-Chef (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 29, 2017
Here I learned many new skills in this program.
Many commercial kitchen skills, barista skills, also how to work with 10+ people in a small space , as well as being patient with everything around me.
barista and customer service
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beacon Hill, WAApril 5, 2017
Good management, good training, good pay, friendly Staff, and co-workers. Really supportive, flexible with your hours will help you find new jobs. etc.
Excellent work environment.
Prep Cook / Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2017
Geared toward creating a professional and personally worthwhile environment with people who care about the organization and the product it produces. A dynamic organization that serves others in a manner that exceeds their expectations.
Pros
Incredible gourmet meals each shift
Productive and fun work place
Cafe Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Preparing coffee for different people . I learned how to serve those with disabilities. The management helped with anything, and always offered to help when needed. The Workplace culture was somewhat diverse.
Pros
Tips, Free coffee, Free food
Its a Awesome place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 1, 2016
The mission is great you feel great giving back and knowing you are helping others. The Chef's are great and come from all over the world. Many things to learn.
Makes me want to love Mondays!! I do!
Community Shelter Chef and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2016
A training and learning nonprofit organization
I learned my basic training for the culinary industry
Never missed a day
Management on the top of their game
coworkers were fun
Learning about computers
Loved my job; wanting to be there everyday
Pros
An organization that helps Individuals and humanity
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Youth Care Barista Training and Education Program (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work was making latte drinks for all customers including the blind and deaf. I learned how to make café sandwiches as well cleaning efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was passing the program and meeting all the nice customers and employees.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Temporary Internship
Great staff
Employment Specialist/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 3, 2016
Everyone is really passionate about the work that they do. A typical day is long but fun you get to interact with clients in a very compassionate way. I learned how to do de-escalation and boundaries setting. All the people who work there are very supportive the pay is okay for a non-profit. Hardest part of the job is the lack of available resources in the community for our clients.
Awesome!
Barista Trainee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 9, 2015
Working and training here was an absolute pleasure. I don't have anything negative to say at all. I loved my teammates, I loved my trainers and I loved the customers. There was always something to do, there was always something fun going on, and there was always a smile and a laugh to be shared.
Pros
free food, teammates were fantastic, loved my trainers, loved everything!
Cons
no room for advancement since it was a training program
Greatest youth support program North America
Barista (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2015
I had a lot of fun learning how to be a professional barista with YouthCare. Everyday was a new challenge and the teachers taught me everything I needed to know to work in a cafe. I can confidently say I'm a barista after this 8 week training program.
Pros
Teachers were nice
Cons
It was only 8 weeks
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2015
FareStart is a leader in culinary job training. It is a fantastic and rewarding place to work.
Pros
Delicious lunches, paid vacation, benefits.
Great!!!!!
Training Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2014
A great program, great ideas, great place to be!! Donate or volunteer if you can.
Exciting, fast-paced and educational.
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 27, 2013
I learn something new every day, sometimes about people and life in general, but mostly something about myself. No day is the same as the last and I have found the most difficult parts of my job are also the most rewarding. I am on my feet, working quickly, completing tasks that sometimes seem, never ending.
Pros
i am able to work with chef instructors, as well as some of my fellow graduates doing what i love.
Cons
not enough hours.
I like the company and what they stand for.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2012
FareStart is a multi-faceted company, however their heart is in helping people get back on their feet. They operate a school, designed to train people to work in a kitchen. Because of this model, they are able to run restaurants as well as produce food for homeless shelters. They also produce pasta salads for local Whole Foods stores, and that is where I come in. I am the delivery driver for that division.
Pros
great company ethic and heart. helping the people of seattle, free lunch if i'm done with my routes about noon.
Cons
part time with little to no opportunity for advancement, unless you want to work in a kitchen.