Fargo Public Schools Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Communications Writer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 4, 2017
Great job with good people and good benefits. Learned new things from very talented coworkers and managers. Had summers off, so I could do what I wanted for work for two months.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
great school
Physical Education Teacher/head of department (Current Employee) –  fargo, ndSeptember 18, 2017
Fargo has a great school district. Its challenging being a teacher but it is rewarding! I work a lot of hours outside of school, but I like to be prepared, knowledgable and continue my professional education so I'm the best teacher possible!
No communication between staff
Paraprofessional Substitute (Current Employee) –  Lincoln ElemSeptember 18, 2017
It would have been okay, if the staff could give you a little warning of what you are about to encounter with a new student you would be working with. Behavior issues, learning disabilities, etc.
Pros
6.5 to 8 hours a day
Cons
no health care benefits and no staff communication
Fargo Public Schools
Paraprofessional sub (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 3, 2017
The Fargo Public Schools was a fun company to work for. I enjoyed the students and the other paraprofessionals that worked there. I liked that it was flexible.
a very dull place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 14, 2017
My boss is a total bore.have great set of co workers.The most important thing that I have learned is working together.my coworkers are great to work with
Pros
na
Cons
na
Staff and Students
Proctor/Security (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 11, 2017
My day is being at the doors for security. I interact with students and staff all the time. I really enjoy interacting with the students and help them in any way I can. Staff are very nice and we help each other out. My manager is very nice but it is hard to meet with as they are very busy.
Pros
Staff and Students
Cons
Sometimes no breaks
Good temporary work
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJuly 10, 2017
The pay isn't much and there are no benefits, but you can pretty much work any time you want, as they are always in need. There is an automated telephone system that calls you and you can choose whether or not to take an assignment, but there is often little to no notice.
Pros
Can work when you want to.
Cons
No benefits.
great place to work at
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 9, 2017
fun place to work at , very friendly. it could be challenging sometimes but being patient is the key. teamwork is a must as well. being on time at work is very important also.
Productive place with plenty of room to make your own program
Orchestra Director/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 6, 2017
You create your classroom environment. I have created one in which students can be successful if they engage in the learning environment. Students are excited to be in my classroom and know that I really like them and will give them my best always.
Repetitive, unskilled, low morale
Food driver (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 22, 2017
Worked here 6 years. Typical city work, wasteful, unrewarding, lots of politics, no advancement , unfriendly coworkers and clicky. Poor leadership. Etc....
Pros
Free food, sick days, schedule
Cons
Wasteful, you are just a number. Boring job
Substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 17, 2017
Worked as a substitute teacher for the Fargo School district. Carried out the lesson plans of the regular classroom teacher that was absent as well as provided good classroom management.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
short notice
Not worth the hassle if you cannot be at one school the whole time.
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 1, 2017
I usually would work at 2 or 3 schools a week. Being mostly assigned with children who were at some type of deficit with their behaviors, cognition, or interaction with other class members (social skills). Sometimes I graded work, usually mathematics and other subjects. You might to read to the students. I learned that it is a difficult job going from one school to the next because procedure is always different in each school. Plus, the children are always different. Make sure to put on your thinking caps!
The most difficult part of the job was not feeling connected to the student body and staff as a full-time Para would be.
I especially liked taking the kids outside in the fresh, albeit, cold air for Recess. The kids seemed to really enjoy this part of the day!!
The job is not for everybody. If you can get that single school placement, or get along great with a child that you are assigned, it makes a huge difference in your life as well as theirs.
Pros
Liked the people I worked with and also the kids.
Cons
One problem with an individual, which could be resolved with an intermidiary, gets you fired at 6:30am in the morning.
Great Place to work
Special Education Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 23, 2017
Fargo North is a great school to work at. The administration is always supportive and positive. The staff works together to provide a positive working environment for all employees,
Fargo Public Schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Various schoolsMarch 22, 2017
Working for FPS means I get to work with great kids every day, and while I am a substitute teacher, I often feel that the staff in each school supports me well throughout the day. I feel like a part of each team that I help out, and I know that I can depend on administration or other faculty to assist me in doing my job well. I also feel welcome and look forward to working every day.
Student-centered and positive environment for teaching and learning.
Band Director (Current Employee) –  Ben Franklin Middle SchoolMarch 4, 2017
Excellent school district. Great leadership - especially in my school (Ben Franklin Middle School). Positive environment for teaching and learning. Excellent rapport between staff members and staff with students. Well-funded programs and a community that supports the arts and student activities.
Pros
Environment, support for students, teachers and programs
At times stressful but very rewarding.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 12, 2016
Helping the students with their classwork. Assisting teacher with class work prep, grading, lesson planning. Working with the behaviorally challenged students was often stressful yet in the end rewarding.
Included a lot of activities and interpersonal communication.
Para Professional (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 16, 2016
I really enjoyed being able to work one on one with the students, and believe that this has taught me so much about how to teach students effectively.
Pros
Friendly Staff and Children
Cons
Great place to work - very supportave of family work balance
Purchasing Specialist/Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fargo, North DakotaOctober 14, 2015
While working as a buyer one is never board. No two day are ever the same. I never realized the amount of resources needed for teachers and all of the opportunities one has to choose curriculum until working as buyer with a school district. As a buyer with a school district one learns the reasons behind why teachers teach the way they do and why certain resources are developed.

Co workers in the District are very supportive and always willing to help out when needed. The District office staff are just that support staff to assist the teachers with their needs to teach the children in the community
Pros
family orientated, awesome benefits
Cons
Honestly I can not think of any
I enjoy the students who come for lunch
cook assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 26, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers. We all get along great & help each other out when someone needs help.
I enjoy the sudents & its fun talking to them when they come through the line for lunch.
fun place to work
Wrestling Coach (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 28, 2013
8 periods helping students with special needs in their coursework. A great place to work with professional people.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
nothing