FARM & FLEET Employee Reviews

Good people.
Cashier/Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILFebruary 21, 2017
My typical day at work includes a lot of people of all sorts, happy or angry. At the Customer Service desk it can get very slow and boring. I've learned lots of things involving registers and returns and company policies. I learned how people work and how quick there attitude can change. Management is nice, but kind of leans favor on everyone but front end. Everyone I work with is great, never really had any issues with anybody. The hardest part of the job is getting Best Plans and Credit Cards, they get very hard on you about that and make it clear they're unhappy about it. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the people I work with and doing computer work. I love helping my workmates when needed so I can keep moving and working with my hands.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Unfairness towards front end.
Great place to work.
Soft Lines Associate P/T (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAFebruary 13, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly staff and work environment. Good option in the local community. Good products and fair pricing.
Repetitive
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILJanuary 13, 2017
A work environment that is steadily growing less and less appealing as an increasing amount of tasks are being added to the daily responsibilities without any additional help.
Team Work
Assistant Dept. Head / Tire Desk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 9, 2017
Job requires a lot of patients and working with customers and can be a fast pace set job at times and muiti tasking is needed. Can be stressful but a great place to Work
Pros
Friendly and fun
Cons
The employees were very nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 29, 2016
I would punch in and look at the list for the day. Check the department to make sure it was neat and clean. I learned how to stock and order merchandise. My manager was great and very easy to talk to. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was sometimes during the holidays the department would become such a mess. We did our best to keep up. I enjoyed working at Farm & Fleet because it was interesting learning about retail and ordering merchandise and taking inventory. Making a display was also a fun thing to do.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hourly pay
Easy but frustrating
Cashier, Customer Service, Price Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJune 1, 2016
While working hard allows for advancement the compensation does not always reflect the hard work. First time job holders get paid more than people who have work there for years. Store manager is not always enjoyable. Makes tasks that are not always efficient.
Great place to work to get through school.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers, but there were a few that it was hard to work with them. It happens though that there are going to be people that are hard to work with, so I just had to learn how to work with them. My typical work day includes unloading freight, helping customers, and cleaning. I learned that there are always going to be people that you work with that you do not get along with and you just have to learn how to get along with everyone. I enjoy that it is busy, as I like to stay busy.
Pros
Periodic free lunches and a gift card as a Christmas gift
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
Great experience
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  BarabooAugust 12, 2015
A typical work day was fast and always different. I learned to be more diverse. Management was my strongest asset. The hardest part of the job was stopping internal theft. I loved catching thieves.
ok workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Great people to work with. Good benefits and time off. easy pace not a rush to get work done. learn a lot w retail. hardest part was juggling work loads with other departments.
work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  waukesha wiFebruary 19, 2015
this job would be much better under different management team that communicates better with employes. they also have lied bout a lot. when i applied i applied for full time and i got part time and i am having a hard time getting full time cause of the lack of communication between management.
average
department manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 24, 2014
I had to do a lot of work for less pay than Walmart and he managers aren't very good
Ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILOctober 10, 2014
This was an ok job for anyone. I was a cashier that took care of customers.
good work place
Cashier & Sales Asscoiate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 9, 2014
I worked as a cashier for a while, then I went and work in the hardware department for a while then I moved and worked in lawn care. liked helping customers,
Pros
customers
Cons
some co-workers
Productive and Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 1, 2014
Assisting customers, answering phone calls, money bonding, computer work
Pros
Fast Paced so the day went by
Cons
Terrible management
Something Different everyday, good Co-workers,
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 19, 2014
A normal day is working on getting the customer what they need while trying to be in three places at once, since the staff is so light, your running all over the store trying to do your job and everyone else's. The best part is for the most you have good Co-workers and we try to keep each other in the best of moods to keep the day going good, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when you can help your customers and they let you know how much they appreciate what you just went through to get them what they needed.
Pros
you get profit sharing
Cons
your doing three to four peoples jobs and only getting paid for one
Could have been a good job
Department Head of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 19, 2014
Pros: OK benefits, Interesting People, Good location for business sales wise, Corporate Tries to connect with employees,

Cons: Communication, communication communication, Training of employees was rushed and apathetic even though corporate offered a wide amount of resources, Low wage compensation/lack of commission for pressured sales personnel, especially for mechanics, this made good mechanics leave and allowed poor ones or ones with poor interpersonal skills to be employed long after I would have let them go, Direct management did not stick to corporate guidelines/rules, Was asked by the shop manager to commit perjury to secure warranty claims, there is more I could complain about but in all reality the problem seemed store specific and was majorly a direct management issue, it could have been a good job, but the managers at my store were self centered and apathetic.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMarch 6, 2014
Typical day at work was always full of excitement because something new was always happening. The days were long as a cashier being confined in a small area.
Pros
I love the store
Cons
No benefits, low pay, and did not work with school schedule
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIDecember 27, 2013
Customer service
Handled money
Good coworkers
Management was good
Fun place to work, enjoyed the other employees, good benefits
Department Head & Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILDecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed working for Farm & Fleet. The people I worked with were great. The benefits were pretty standard. I learned a lot from my managers, all things that applied to my job description. The hardest part of the job I would have to say was angry customers and the most enjoyable part was getting to work with great people.
Pros
a fairly laid back work environment
Cons
occassionally went without my break time
Work Experience Review
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work, is to be able to be the Best, that you can be providing the best training, & customer service and being able to handle all different types of work issues. Whether it be with associates, other managers, or customers/clients. You learn by your mistakes, and by others with more experience and wisdom. You can learn from other management team, because they provide different ideas, from their past experience. The hardest part of a job for me, is when there is lack of communication or complete understanding, instead of being labeled or judgmental, too soon. I believe sometimes because we react to soon, we all suffer in the end of the whole meaning behind the source/or issue. The most enjoyable part of a job is the challenge. Meeting new customers/clients daily, and trying our best to have the best customer Service, in any type of business. Our customers/clients always should be our #1 priority.
Pros
The learning Experience
Cons
Sometimes working nights/ or Holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FARM & FLEET. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9