FARM & FLEET Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Children's Clothing Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 1, 2017
I started here in high school. Good pay at the time. Management was reasonable. Nice people to work with. Work was fun. I just out grew this job. I was looking for a different career option.
Pros
Nice people, good enviroment
very fast-paced, lots of customer interaction
Departmental Sales (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 1, 2017
Although I liked working at Farm and Fleet, the store was understaffed and I would have to cover 1 to 3 other departments while trying to get all of my work done in my department.
Great Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 12, 2017
I was a cashier at Farm and Fleet and i loved it! everyone at Farm and Fleet were nice and helped you out when you needed it. it was a great customer service experience.
managers could be alittle nicer to employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 28, 2017
management do not advance you within the company I have been trying to advance myself it the company for the last six years and the store manager won't let me move up because of my best plans
Pros
1 hr lunches
Cons
working weekends
Nice place towork
Cashier, (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIAugust 9, 2017
Everyone is great here including management. Very nice stores. Always have hours for you and they are very flexible when it comes to scheduling. .
farm and fleet was a ok plase to work for
Tire Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha County, WIAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at work there was stressful sometimes because of the demanding customers but it was ok that is how we learned to do a better job and faster job also .the mang. was great there he was understanding but the main mang. was not he was a little difficult to work with he focused on the little things and not the big picture .in over all I liked working with the customers selling tires and car parts it felt good to help them and sell stuff , I even got 4 pins that is hard to get at the tire desk for customer care and great customer performance, I was proud to ware the pins at work to show how great of job I did .
Pros
got a lot of hr. at work
Cons
do not get breaks or get breaks on time
Home town work place
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 2, 2017
Fun & helpful co-workers. Great place to work because I love hardware stores! Bought many things there to fix up the house car & buy dog food, auto supplies & more
Pros
Shopping there is fun
Cons
Room for grouth
slow and small
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJuly 27, 2017
The store was very small, you knew almost every one that came in and also not busy. This work environment made it easy to connect with customers and build a personal connection.
Great job for beginners
CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJuly 24, 2017
I worked here when I was still in high school. It was a great first job. Management was always helpful and wouldn't let you sink by yourself. Co-workers were great and friendly. Customers were unbearable sometimes (but that's every retail job). Pay was good for someone who was just starting off. Flexible with my hours and schedule, which i LOVED. Would recommend a friend to work here. Was part time, so didn't know much about compensation/benefits.
low wages fast paced
Sales Associate / Agriculture Department (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJuly 20, 2017
it was a good place to work after dairy farming for 12 years. low pay on your feet all day.. hours were cut during slow periods of the year... fast paced...
Good retail experience.
Service Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 23, 2017
The hours are good. There is not a lot of advancement opportunity. Nice friendly work environment. They offer good benefits for full time employees and some benefits for part time employees.
Pros
Good benefits for full time employees.
Cons
No discounts.
Fun, easy going atmosphere
Dept. Head (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 25, 2017
I have worked here almost 3 yrs and I love it. They are lenient with my schedule with is nice because I have kids. They make me feel like part of the family. Benefits are decent. All in all a great place to work.
Pros
2 paid breaks, flexibke schedule, set schedule
Good people.
Cashier/Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Roscoe, ILFebruary 21, 2017
My typical day at work includes a lot of people of all sorts, happy or angry. At the Customer Service desk it can get very slow and boring. I've learned lots of things involving registers and returns and company policies. I learned how people work and how quick there attitude can change. Management is nice, but kind of leans favor on everyone but front end. Everyone I work with is great, never really had any issues with anybody. The hardest part of the job is getting Best Plans and Credit Cards, they get very hard on you about that and make it clear they're unhappy about it. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the people I work with and doing computer work. I love helping my workmates when needed so I can keep moving and working with my hands.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Unfairness towards front end.
Great place to work.
Soft Lines Associate P/T (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAFebruary 13, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly staff and work environment. Good option in the local community. Good products and fair pricing.
Repetitive
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILJanuary 13, 2017
A work environment that is steadily growing less and less appealing as an increasing amount of tasks are being added to the daily responsibilities without any additional help.
Team Work
Assistant Dept. Head / Tire Desk (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 9, 2017
Job requires a lot of patients and working with customers and can be a fast pace set job at times and muiti tasking is needed. Can be stressful but a great place to Work
Pros
Friendly and fun
Cons
The employees were very nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 29, 2016
I would punch in and look at the list for the day. Check the department to make sure it was neat and clean. I learned how to stock and order merchandise. My manager was great and very easy to talk to. My co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was sometimes during the holidays the department would become such a mess. We did our best to keep up. I enjoyed working at Farm & Fleet because it was interesting learning about retail and ordering merchandise and taking inventory. Making a display was also a fun thing to do.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hourly pay
Easy but frustrating
Cashier, Customer Service, Price Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJune 1, 2016
While working hard allows for advancement the compensation does not always reflect the hard work. First time job holders get paid more than people who have work there for years. Store manager is not always enjoyable. Makes tasks that are not always efficient.
Great place to work to get through school.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rice Lake, WIJanuary 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers, but there were a few that it was hard to work with them. It happens though that there are going to be people that are hard to work with, so I just had to learn how to work with them. My typical work day includes unloading freight, helping customers, and cleaning. I learned that there are always going to be people that you work with that you do not get along with and you just have to learn how to get along with everyone. I enjoy that it is busy, as I like to stay busy.
Pros
Periodic free lunches and a gift card as a Christmas gift
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting
Great experience
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  BarabooAugust 12, 2015
A typical work day was fast and always different. I learned to be more diverse. Management was my strongest asset. The hardest part of the job was stopping internal theft. I loved catching thieves.