FARM & FLEET Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  BarabooAugust 12, 2015
A typical work day was fast and always different. I learned to be more diverse. Management was my strongest asset. The hardest part of the job was stopping internal theft. I loved catching thieves.
ok workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Great people to work with. Good benefits and time off. easy pace not a rush to get work done. learn a lot w retail. hardest part was juggling work loads with other departments.
work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  waukesha wiFebruary 19, 2015
this job would be much better under different management team that communicates better with employes. they also have lied bout a lot. when i applied i applied for full time and i got part time and i am having a hard time getting full time cause of the lack of communication between management.
average
department manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 24, 2014
I had to do a lot of work for less pay than Walmart and he managers aren't very good
Ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILOctober 10, 2014
This was an ok job for anyone. I was a cashier that took care of customers.
good work place
Cashier & Sales Asscoiate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 9, 2014
I worked as a cashier for a while, then I went and work in the hardware department for a while then I moved and worked in lawn care. liked helping customers,
Pros
customers
Cons
some co-workers
Productive and Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 1, 2014
Assisting customers, answering phone calls, money bonding, computer work
Pros
fast paced so the day went by
Cons
terrible management
Something Different everyday, good Co-workers,
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 19, 2014
A normal day is working on getting the customer what they need while trying to be in three places at once, since the staff is so light, your running all over the store trying to do your job and everyone else's. The best part is for the most you have good Co-workers and we try to keep each other in the best of moods to keep the day going good, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when you can help your customers and they let you know how much they appreciate what you just went through to get them what they needed.
Pros
you get profit sharing
Cons
your doing three to four peoples jobs and only getting paid for one
Could have been a good job
Department Head of Tire Sales (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 19, 2014
Pros: OK benefits, Interesting People, Good location for business sales wise, Corporate Tries to connect with employees,

Cons: Communication, communication communication, Training of employees was rushed and apathetic even though corporate offered a wide amount of resources, Low wage compensation/lack of commission for pressured sales personnel, especially for mechanics, this made good mechanics leave and allowed poor ones or ones with poor interpersonal skills to be employed long after I would have let them go, Direct management did not stick to corporate guidelines/rules, Was asked by the shop manager to commit perjury to secure warranty claims, there is more I could complain about but in all reality the problem seemed store specific and was majorly a direct management issue, it could have been a good job, but the managers at my store were self centered and apathetic.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMarch 6, 2014
Typical day at work was always full of excitement because something new was always happening. The days were long as a cashier being confined in a small area.
Pros
i love the store
Cons
no benefits, low pay, and did not work with school schedule
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIDecember 27, 2013
Customer service
Handled money
Good coworkers
Management was good
Fun place to work, enjoyed the other employees, good benefits
Department Head & Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILDecember 10, 2013
I enjoyed working for Farm & Fleet. The people I worked with were great. The benefits were pretty standard. I learned a lot from my managers, all things that applied to my job description. The hardest part of the job I would have to say was angry customers and the most enjoyable part was getting to work with great people.
Pros
a fairly laid back work environment
Cons
occassionally went without my break time
Work Experience Review
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILNovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work, is to be able to be the Best, that you can be providing the best training, & customer service and being able to handle all different types of work issues. Whether it be with associates, other managers, or customers/clients. You learn by your mistakes, and by others with more experience and wisdom. You can learn from other management team, because they provide different ideas, from their past experience. The hardest part of a job for me, is when there is lack of communication or complete understanding, instead of being labeled or judgmental, too soon. I believe sometimes because we react to soon, we all suffer in the end of the whole meaning behind the source/or issue. The most enjoyable part of a job is the challenge. Meeting new customers/clients daily, and trying our best to have the best customer Service, in any type of business. Our customers/clients always should be our #1 priority.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
sometimes working nights/ or holidays
Very easy going worklpace
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Loves Park, ILJuly 25, 2013
Management was very flexible about scheduling. Work became very hectic when the store was understaffed.
Pros
fun place to work.
Cons
none.
I was fired for being diagnosed with cancer!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMay 29, 2013
The work was easy. The co-workers were fun to work with. The customers involvment was fun.
Pros
its a job
Cons
not very companionate to employees.
Attitude of a "family owned" store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILFebruary 12, 2013
show up for work, walk back to the break room and put my belongings in the break room, say good morning to the workers of the departments of which i passed through, arrived back up front to be assigned a register. Work at my register by greeting the morning customers, usually the typical elderly couple making their weekly pass through the store, early bird farmers. etc. Work my shift at the registers or get an assignment else where in the store. (restocking, cleaning, inventory)
Cons
no discount.
Pretty standard place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIDecember 4, 2012
There was nothing really significant about Farm and Fleet that set it off from being just another retail store to work at.
Retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 13, 2012
Cashier - check out customers items they purchased, transfered to different departments of the store, helped wherever needed. Management always up beat and gave good praises to all employees, co-workers making sure that rules are followed and always willing to help. Having long lines at check out, dealing with unhappy customers becasue of it, and making sure they know we appreciate their business. Loved helping customers in different departments of the store.
Pros
doing year end inventory, closed for one business day, getting to know other employees
Cons
some employees didn't approve of managements decisions on promoting cashiers
Fun Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 23, 2012
Had fun everyday I worked helping customers and fellow employees.
Learned to focus harder which helped me advance in my career with them.
Energetic managers made work easier.
Everyone was very close and supportive.
Hardest part was working with unfair and disgruntled customers.
Meeting new people everyday.
Pros
great shifts, always room for advancement
Cons
work was not always steady.