Farm Bureau Insurance Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoy working here, but compensation is not enough to sustain a normal lifestyle, and there is no opportunity for advancement.
Great Place to work
Temp Pool Receptionist/on call (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 27, 2016
I have enjoyed working with Farm Bureau Insurance. They have trained me well. They are the reason that I want to continue working with insurance or other receptionist work.

I have learned how to make policy changes, write down quotes, submit new business applications, take payments, and operate different office machines.

The management is fantastic and very easy to work with. My supervisor is great and always checks in to see how I am doing.

The agents and staff are great to work with. We work together as a team with strong communication skills and a supportive atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job is that I wish they would provide me with more hours each week. I like consistency and its really hard to do that when I am on call.
Pros
Experience and development of skills, 1 hour break, and take great care of their clients
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Opportunity for Growth
Insurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 21, 2015
A typical day at Farm Bureau predominantly is based around our customers. Updating and writing business, customer service, managing accounts, and payments. Insurance in itself is a learning experience and it constantly changes daily.
The management in our office is great and you can always depend on them and other co-workers for help. I have to say the most challenging and the most rewarding aspect of the job is the customers. You have to deal with both ends of the spectrum, ie. happy customers and unhappy ones. You can always turn an unpleasant experience into a good one though when you can satisfy your customer after what seemed to them to be a bad experience.
Pros
building relationships with the customers
Cons
unhappy customers
Enjoyable, fast paced office
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LANovember 17, 2015
Every morning started with turning on computers, while waiting for them to boot up, we had a daily office meeting over coffee. Learning the business from the bottom up, I was taught by a office manager that had been with the company for 23 years. She started her job with Farm Bureau not long after the office in Iberville opened. I worked on side of a small but very deviated team consisting of a agency manager, a agent, a office manage, and a adjuster. Our office team were there for each other during business hours and otherwise during deaths of family.
Pros
Our agency manager normally took his staff to lunch, or at times when required working thur lunch would either cook or bring in take out for us.
Cons
The job didn't offer any health benefits, which most of the staff were covered thur there spouses company.
Campany is under a lot of pressure and so are the agents
Agent (Current Employee) –  Monte Vista, COMay 31, 2016
I hate to talk bad about any company because you always learn in any job. Regardless if its good or bad it is always a learning experience. I think maybe the location of my job has made it a little tough to grow. Training can be hard because of the location of our valley and the travel time. However I met a lot of great people.
Fast paced and customer service oriented place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIAugust 31, 2015
A typical day consists of answering phones, auto insurance quotes, and a variety of customer service tasks. I have learned a great deal about home and auto insurance in my time there. The management is great and very supportive.
Pros
great location and great people.
Cons
not much room for advancement
Friendly coworkers and great environment
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 25, 2016
This job gave me a lot of customer service experience. I learned to do the work deposit, make minor changes to insurance policies, and fax paper work among other things. All of our coworkers are very friendly and want to help.
Pros
opportunities for bonuses
Cons
low pay
laid back
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSDecember 22, 2015
This was the most laid back position I have ever worked in. This job was more like family. I would take payments and post them to accounts, assist clients or agents with whatever needed to be done to policies.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no room for advancement
loved this job and the people i worked with!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 30, 2016
the office staff was very close and you get to know the customers on a personal level because you see them everyday.
Nice Company
Assistant Agent (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIMay 9, 2016
Work for an independent agency. Great culture, poor benefits. Too small for advancement unfortunately. Love my bosses, just looking for a career at this time. The agency does not currently have career positions.
Na
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 4, 2016
time management, working with numerous agents and balancing hundreds of policy holders, small office environment, learning multiple computer systems
Farm Bureau
Multi-Line Agent (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 10, 2015
Long hours and enjoyable work. Insurance is a long process. With
a child in college and another on the way need a more stable income source.
Pros
freedom
Cons
freedom
Need to be a self starter at everything, no book of business provided until proven worthy.
Multi-line Insurance Agent and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, MOOctober 27, 2015
A good variety in product that were competitive in the market yet conservative and higher in price with the auto lines.
Divisional manager not supportive in personal development.
Pros
Office and staff provided
Cons
Sharing of office expenses came out of paycheck, paid monthly.
Good work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 7, 2016
Co workers were ok... Manager was one of the best to work for. I enjoyed my time there and what I learned while working there.
Pros
customers
Cons
hectic days some days
Decent place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJanuary 17, 2016
Great starter job for those getting out of highschool. Fun place to work to help others and learn about fireworks. Pretty flexible, but only a seasonal job.
Letter
Insurance Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKOctober 7, 2015
Adjusters Job Description:
Interview or correspond with insured, claimants, attorneys, and witnesses, consult police and hospital records, inspect property damage, determine extent of liability, review polices to verify coverage, investigate and assess damage to property and autos, negotiate claim settlements for total loss autos and bodily injury claims, prepare estimates or reports of the findings of the investigation, analyze information that is received , research information on values, maintain records, reports, or files, and adjust farm implements.
Good benefits, a little too about quanity not quality
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 22, 2012
Answer phones, work reports, help train new employees. I learned that as long as you meet your numbers and finish your report everyday that you are meeting expecations. Not a lot of creativity in this postion. Management though appears caring is not available when needed. Love my co-workers and they are a joy to work with. Hardest part of the job is telling customers no when it it necessary. The most enjoyable part of the job is training. All training is done in house so you really get to build relationships with your co-workers
Pros
food days, great co-workers, lots of laughter
Cons
unavailable management, monotinous work, not a lot of advancement
to manage and increase a insurance Book of business
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSOctober 13, 2013
I meet with Clients through out the day, making sure their insurance coverage was adequate for their needs and budget. I learned that customer service is the key to longevity of my customer base. The hardest part of this career was delivering money from a Life Insurance Policy to the survivors. My manager was also my mentor, he trained me very well in the benefits of life and annuity product. I achieved significant success multiple times, and was recognized on a global stage. The most enjoyable part of the career was going on the sales trips.
Pros
work as much or as little as you want
Cons
if you didnt work you didnt get paid
A work day on the Farm
Senior Reserve & Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 25, 2014
It was a good job and provided very good benefits. The work environment left a lot to be desired. There was very little leadership from management and that funneled down to the workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everyone to work as a team.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for growth or advancement
Agent
Agent/Producer (Current Employee) –  MSAugust 17, 2015
Behind the times on technology/rating system. 1099 job. Good rewards for performance. Some managers have been there too long and lack vision.
Pros
Great trips for performers
Cons
No benefits. Only care about Life Insurance sales.