Farm Bureau Insurance Employee Reviews

Good Job
INSURANCE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 15, 2017
Management is very understanding of home/personal life and will accommodate your needs as much as possible. However, advancement in position or salary has yet to improve. There are no benefits such as 401(k) or health insurance.
captive agent
Agent (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, ARJune 9, 2017
a very high stress, rewarding job. I LOVE EVERYTHING that the Farm Bureau Federation stands for. As an agent you are self contracted, and do not work for one specific company, but multiples. there are many benefits, non including retirement, insurance, etc. You do have the opportunity for a flexible schedule. However if you are the only agent in one office that wont really allow you to step away from the office with out major consequences and high work load when you get back.
Not a bad place to work
Personal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Picayune and Poplarville, MSJune 9, 2017
Typical day at work is servicing existing clients, quoting new clients and policies, answer telephone and take payments. I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Can take off without a problem
Cons
Can be stressful
Great place Great environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNMay 28, 2017
I have learned many valuable qualities in this job that will help me in my future endeavors. I have learned skills that will take me to the
next level of sales and customer satisfaction. I enjoy working with my team and providing my customers with high quality products. Customer Satisfaction is the best part of my job
Great work enivroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCMay 26, 2017
I was an intern at Farm Bureau during the 2016 summer. I learned a lot about the insurance business and took responsibility for everyday tasks within the branch.
very laid back office enviroment
member services representative (Current Employee) –  Osceola, ARMay 19, 2017
Farm Bureau is a great place to work, I just do not agree with no getting raises. We get bonuses but I feel if we got raises they would eventually out weigh the amount of bonus received.
Everyone here is like family and I enjoy my job just not the pay.
Loved working there
Administrative Assistant - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 16, 2017
I loved my job, the people I worked with and the customers I came in contact with in person and over the phone. The agent that I was with was great to work with as well.
Pros
Holidays off, great schedule
Cons
part time only
good company
Agent Producer (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 4, 2017
handled clients needs for insurance on a daily basis. Management wanted to concentrate on life insurance sales and we were more into a P&C organization.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
too hard to make any extra commission.
Best job I ever had
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brinkley, ARApril 30, 2017
Love Farm Bureau. They are very good to employees. I would recommend Farm Bureau for employment. The agency manager is the best boss ever! He would work with you.
Na
Temporary Pool Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 26, 2017
I have no desire to have to review my former employers. I have no desire to say good bad or indifferent things about anyone affiliated with the company
Excellent
Internship (Former Employee) –  Beebe, ARApril 22, 2017
I loved working here. Great environment. Great people. My internship was an amazing experience. Everyone was so kind and helpful. I would love to work there full time.
Pros
Company Car
Laid back environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Girard, KSApril 10, 2017
Small town, family oriented, answering phones, greeting customers, creating and setting up appointments, Lots of paperwork and filing. Handling payments.
starting a new business
Owner of Tire shop (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TXMarch 30, 2017
I owned this business and learned alot. Did not start off with much capital, but grew the business. During the time, there was limits on the availability of the tire products due to the slow down of oil production.
Pros
owning a business
Cons
not enough capital
Do Not Recommend
Sectetary (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCMarch 9, 2017
I worked as a secretary doing the basics, such as, collecting payments, data entry, making changes to auto policies, answered phones, relayed messages.
Pros
Inside work
Cons
County management
Liked working claims to completion
all lines adjuster (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 20, 2017
Farm Bureau Insurance is a very good place to work. Only reason for quitting was for advancement to a construction company both job title and monetary
Pros
The people I worked with were very good
Cons
Upper management person was absolutely the pits
Great family atmosphere between coworkers
Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work. Pleasant coworkers and home office staff. Manager however didn't know how to process much of his own work and left much of it for me to do. I was not compensated for doing much of the work that should have been done by him.
Pros
Great people to work for
Cons
Poor manager
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJanuary 11, 2017
It's a very busy place to work. I've learn a lot over the last almost 20 years. My coworks are good peolpe. I'm just ready to move on and try something different.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 18, 2016
Wonderful Company with family-like atmosphere. According to Detroit Free Press, it is in TOp 20 of best places to work for in Michigan. Many people have been with the company for 25+ years.
great shop to work with.
Operations / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2016
smaller than a state agency, but big in customer base. running on a super mainframe, had fun with disaster testing and great system folks u can find !!
Pros
in house caffeteria !!!
Cons
babied to much !!
Office Assistant in the making
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIOctober 21, 2016
The staff I worked with were wonderful, I worked typical worked on my own and did great. Although this was just a school to work job shadowing job I enjoyed every aspect of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Bureau Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval