Farm Bureau Insurance

Farm Bureau Insurance Employer Reviews

office type atmosphere
Data entry (Former Employee), Waynesboro, TNJanuary 19, 2015
office type atmostphere with great co-workers fast typing
Insurance Underwriter (Former Employee), Riverton, WYJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: office comradary
Cons: no healthcare or retirement benefits
There was never a dull moment assisting customers both in office and on the phones. We would also visit customer locations to evaluate necessary insurance coverage.
Great learning environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), WyomingJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: learned a great deal
Cons: being taken advantage of by the boss
Answering phone calls from clients, booking appointments or answering questions about policies. Filing, cleaning, ordering of office supplies.
Productive work place.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint John, KSNovember 26, 2014
I didn't have a lot to do. It is in a small town so it isnt constant work for a receptionist. I got to meet a lot of people and learn a lot about insurance that I never knew. My manager, the agent in charge, was nice. I enjoyed most of my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was understanding "insurance talk" and the most enjoyable was meeting all the people.
Great place to work!!
Temporary Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee), Lansing MiOctober 8, 2014
Farm Bureau was A great place to work. My supervisor was very helpful with my time schedule. I learned about a few more computer programs and I got my typing skills up. My co-workers were amazing and very friendly. Unfortunately this job was temporary
Productive, energetic, and fun place to work
County Secretary (Former Employee), Winter Springs, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: easy going and casual, great benefits, great people to work with, good hours
I was able to refine my customer service skills, learn the ins and outs of home, auto, motorcycle, flood, and life insurance policies.
Great people. Stressful work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: constantly on the phone.
The people at Farm Bureau were great. The work was very stressful. To be honest, I did not look forward to going to work every day.
Temp. (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2014
A typical day I would answer agent's questions for BCBSM and on CSAC. I also did change of agent records and help submit applications for insurance and BCBSM. My co-workers were helpful and always positive.
One person office with flexibility and taught myself most of the job
Marc Prud'homme Agency / Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Farmington, MIAugust 22, 2014
Pros: independence, and a windowed office.
Cons: lack of teamwork
A typical day included answering the phones, initiating the sales process for auto & home policies. It required a lot of research with home office regarding company policy, and coordination with adjusters.
The agent was out of the office 50% of the time, so I enjoyed the independent work environment, managing the activities in his absence.
I did not have coworkers in this job, but had a lot of contact with other agents' offices and home office by phone, and was able to establish connections with them. I was so impressed with the service and helpfulness I received from Home Office.
What I enjoyed most was working independently, and having a flexible work schedule. However, I would have liked the agent to be somewhat more engaged in the process.

I learned about yet another industry.
Farm Bureau Ins was a good place to work
ISSR (Insurance Service Support Rep) (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 21, 2014
Cons: no advancement when you work in the field
I enjoyed working at Farm Bureau. The office was pleasant and the agents I worked with were great. Every day was a learning experience. At times things were very slow and at other times things were very hectic. Better to be busy than have nothing to do.

Company provided training every 3 months and were there whenever you needed them.

The most difficult job was assisting new agents to build a book of business and knowing that they did not have what it takes to build a career in insurance. Sad watching them struggle.
Very serious and has its ups and downs
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Kingman, AZJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 1 hour of lunch, and co-workers were very nice
Cons: criticism, and favoritism
Boss was favored my co-worker more than she should. The pay was great, it was a lot of hard work. Co-workers were very nice, and helpful. The hardest part of the day was being criticized. I liked how hard I had to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great work-life balance
Cons: not enough customer interaction from day to day
I enjoyed being an Administrative Assistant and having the responsibilities in handling client policies the way I did. I appreciated the professional, productive working environment.
Insurance industry
Junior Partner (Former Employee), Frankenmuth, MIJuly 15, 2014
Not my favorite industry actively looking for other options
Face paced, customer oriented, computer
State Licensed Insurance Office Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: wonderful boss
Cons: work before, through lunch and after work to try and keep up.
A typical day of work involves answer phones continually in a very busy environment. Processing changes to clients needs and answering billing and policy questions. I learn something new every day. Co-workers are a mixed bunch. Most are dependable. The hardest part of the job is not getting to everyone by the end of the day because the work load is more than the hours in a day. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers appreciation and kindness.
Great experience in life
Sales/Sales Management (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMay 17, 2014
Pros: worked my own plan
Started as an agent, through proven sales and aptitude became a manager.
great customer service
Office Clerk and Receptionist (Former Employee), Maysville, KYMarch 23, 2014
I was able to learn skills required for customer service
I was able to identify and make judgment calls
I gained trust from top management
Productive, great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 3, 2014
Pros: sick time, personal time
Arrive early to work to get the day started with a positive attitude, helping customers either with payments over phone or in office, trying to help customers in any way either with options on lowering there policy's or just there to listen. the most enjoyable part of work was working with the agents closely and the customers who were more than just customers.
Very Dedicated Work Place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 31, 2014
Very down to earth atmosphere, easy to get along with others in the work place. The company knows what they are doing. And it is the reason they are number one in the western region of Michigan.
to manage and increase a insurance Book of business
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Newton, KSOctober 13, 2013
Pros: work as much or as little as you want
Cons: if you didnt work you didnt get paid
I meet with Clients through out the day, making sure their insurance coverage was adequate for their needs and budget. I learned that customer service is the key to longevity of my customer base. The hardest part of this career was delivering money from a Life Insurance Policy to the survivors. My manager was also my mentor, he trained me very well in the benefits of life and annuity product. I achieved significant success multiple times, and was recognized on a global stage. The most enjoyable part of the career was going on the sales trips.
products were to high priced and hard to over come a poor policy.
Insurance broker (Former Employee), Fodrt CollinsSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: overpriced inferior product
After working with Farm Bureau for several monthes, I decided to try Retirement. That's not working. I would love to enter the field of investigating. I have always thought about as I have a friend who does similar work the investigating insurance fraud.

1 2 3

About Farm Bureau Insurance

Farm Bureau Insurance of Michigan offers life insurance and commercial and personal property/casualty insurance, including homeowners, – Read more