FARM BUREAU Employee Reviews

Hard working, innovtive, multi tasker, loving what I do
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXNovember 3, 2015
Fast paced and fast growing insurance company with a huge array of insurance products to suit a clients needs.
I had my own agency and worked alongside a very knowledgeable ISR.
Multi tasking was a requirement with phones ringing, clients walking in, answering emails and texts.........and the days flew by.
I'm very proud of my 28 year tenure with this company.
Pros
come and go as needed
Cons
busy, busy, busy
Excellent place to work for those who need flexible family time.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2015
Love this company. Whenever I need time off for family reasons, they don't hesitate to let me take the day or time I need. It's more of a family here than just a "job".
great place to work because she pushed me to sucess
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  grants new mexicoMay 27, 2015
very dedicated boss looking for for the right fit into her company. she was very detail oriented which I like she looked for the best in everything and was a hard working owner! she made me push myself to be better at everything I do and also showed me tough love and that I need to be better and great at everything I do . a typical day at work included answering phones and services clients. also sales strategies.
Pros
very felixable with my family and kids and schedule
Cons
at the time i was getting only a few hours a week in
Good training Ground for new agents
Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMay 16, 2015
I learned a lot bout auto and home policies as far as the liability goes. I understand more about have all your assets protected. I had three great managing partners who showed me another side of protecting the public. Fun place to build your own business
Pros
You can have your own schedule
Cons
Got get everything approved
Productive and Successful business
Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Typical day at farm bureau is always bus, you have to learn how to manage your time. Very nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job is passing the state exam to receive your license to able to sale insurance.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits, bonuses
A very good insurance company with great products
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockport & Refugio, TXDecember 28, 2014
I started as an agent is Seguin, TX in 1978. I was offered the job as Agency Manager in Rockport and Refugio, TX in 1999. I took the job as the potential for much higher income was possible. It was a pleasure to work with the company management and also to recruit and train agents to work in these offfices.
Focus is home, auto, life
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Home, Auto, Life.....that is their focus. You really need to be an agency manger if you want to make the most money, but you need to excel at life sales to have a chance.
Pros
great rates and products
Cons
focus is limited to home, auto, life.
Great company but no advancement opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daleville, VAJune 14, 2014
Farm Bureau is a great company, but does not offer advancement opportunities.
Pros
work environment
Cons
multiple managers
Loved the atmosphere
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Iuka, MSMay 14, 2014
Farm Bureau has been a joy to work for!
I loved working with other people and my coworkers!
Working is fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAMarch 31, 2014
Even though you are at work it seems like it is just another day with family. You become very close and work hard with each other.
Company changing and going in a direction that I was't willing to go such as selling health insurance.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Powhatan VADecember 5, 2013
A typical day at work was from 8:30am to 5:00pm with an hour for lunch. Beginning with opening up the office, checking voice mail, checking for things that may have came over the fax machine over night, opening the mail and delivering it to the appropriate person or taking care of it myself if it were a change or something that was mailed to a customer for a signature for example. I learned many things, how to quote home and auto, Farm Bureau's accounting system called Mas 200, How to make changes to policies through their Prism system, the copier and fax machine and how to process the membership dues.I learned how to do binders for homeowners' policies, how to fax changes for mortgagee clauses. I have a Property and Casualty license. I also attended the board meetings every other month and wrote up the minutes for the Presidents approval. The management was great they were there to support you with any problems that you may have and to give you praise when it was warranted. In the beginning there were just 3 in the office 1 agent and 2 sec. then they combined the branch office and the main office and this changed the dynamics of the office. Then the co-workers were a mix of 4 in the office and two worked against two it was like tug of war. One sec. and agent and one sec. and agent, not one team. After I left I went back to see the agent that I had worked with for 13 years who had supported me the whole time and the other agent said it was much different since I had left and that he was sorry of the way I was treated. The hardest part off the job was when Farm Bureau decided  more... to non-renew all the homeowner' policies and try and rewrite them through one of the 10 or so new partner carriers learning all new systems billing, quoting, claims, ect. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I came in contact with some of the customers, managers, other sec.and agents from around the state, and the board members.  less
Pros
my job was 5 minutes from my house
Cons
the other sec. i had to work with for 10 years was not the easiest person to work with.
Productive, fast paced insurance office
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Paragould, AROctober 30, 2013
Farm Bureau was a great place to work. There are amazing employees and fantastic customers. It was a great learning experice and helped finalize my decision to become and insurance agent.
Insurance
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 24, 2013
I would post all payments for the insured. I entered all auto/homeowner applications for policy approval. I answered the multi-line phone and did all the filing. I would also assist with customer service.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
no cons
Learned quite alot and worked with quality people.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Campo, TXJuly 18, 2013
Fast paced. Learned a lot. Was able to use my past work experience, enabling me to help clients, customers and was also an asset to co-workers.

Great company and enjoyed learning and interacting with all of them..

Hardest part of the job, is when the system would go down in the afternoon while doing the daily deposits.
Pros
great area
Cons
no healthchare
A poor place to work
Call Center Representative, Processer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 20, 2013
The staff is very discriminating, they hire you as one thing and tell you one schedule and then get mad when you don't switch to a different schedule they would like after being hired.
insurance Co.
Part time Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paris, MOMay 1, 2013
I rarely worked I was a fill in for Full-time Receptionist.
I loved Talking to Customers and Assisting them in there insurance needs. and Explaining Policies to our Customers was very rewarding Helping them understand what there coverage was.
Pros
meeting new people and seeing famaliar faces was great.
Cons
only working as a fill in. 2-3 times month
Productive and fun place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNMarch 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be to show up at 8a.M. And put my things away. Get my money drawer and count it, turn my computer on, and begin answering the phone to our customers and try to ensure that they got the best customer satisfaction I had to offer. My co-workers and management team were awesome. Everyday was a new learning experience.
Pros
day's off when needed
Cons
no employment insurance
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNFebruary 26, 2013
It is a great place to work from a value and family type environment. It was my first job out of college. The pay was below normal but there was opportunity to make more but seemed like it would take a lot longer than anticipated. Could ask for a better manager or co workers.The value they put in their employees was great. It was comission only after 6 months so it was very challenging.
Very fun place to work.
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 18, 2012
Ga Farm Bureau was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. As long you did your duties, you were well compensated. The trips were always first class. I really enjoyed employment with this conpany.
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
you have to live in the adjoining county where you were employed.
A great company
Agent (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 19, 2012
It was a pleasure working for South Carolina Farm Bureau. The training is great and the support network as well. It’s a performance driven company for life insurance. If you want to sell life insurance and are driven, you will be working for an incredible company. Work schedule after training is highly variable to your client’s needs. It can be seen as an 8-5 job, but the job follows you everywhere. If you're in the office you're not making sells. That being said your schedule can be made around personal obligations and the company supports it. Not to mention the great benefit of being able to sell a variety of other insurance products, that will allow you to meet a variety of your client’s needs.
Pros
contest, variable work schedule, base plus comm
Cons
product specific quota

4.2