FARM BUREAU Employee Reviews

Excellent
Part time Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 14, 2016
Excellent work environment and management. Great Locations and good Insurance. Customers are friendly and positive place to work.
Pros
Locations and People
Cons
No Benefits
adjust claims
Field Property Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 19, 2016
determine coverage , inspect and prepare estimate of damages. Issue payment.
Too much micro-management
good training and equipment/tools to preform work
being out in the bad weather 9 extreme heat or cold)
Pros
pay
Cons
troo many people looking over your shoulder
contractor
Information Security Analyst (short contract) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 23, 2017
I have no comment about Farm Bureau or the position that I had at this company. I was there for such a short time I have no opinion at this time. Sorry.
Didnt get to learn much
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 21, 2017
I was a contractor and my assignment was not very long but when there, the people were great, the environment was a lot of fun and the pace was fast and changed a lot throughout a week
Fun work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Answer and forward calls to specific agents. Schedule appointments and enter certain data asked by the agents. Most enjoyable is interacting with the multiple people you see a day.
Good company but lacked in training new employees. I enjoy working with people on a professional level, this wasn't a good fit for me.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAAugust 29, 2016
Company changing and going in a direction that I was't willing to go such as selling health insurance.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Powhatan VADecember 5, 2013
A typical day at work was from 8:30am to 5:00pm with an hour for lunch. Beginning with opening up the office, checking voice mail, checking for things that may have came over the fax machine over night, opening the mail and delivering it to the appropriate person or taking care of it myself if it were a change or something that was mailed to a customer for a signature for example. I learned many things, how to quote home and auto, Farm Bureau's accounting system called Mas 200, How to make changes to policies through their Prism system, the copier and fax machine and how to process the membership dues.I learned how to do binders for homeowners' policies, how to fax changes for mortgagee clauses. I have a Property and Casualty license. I also attended the board meetings every other month and wrote up the minutes for the Presidents approval. The management was great they were there to support you with any problems that you may have and to give you praise when it was warranted. In the beginning there were just 3 in the office 1 agent and 2 sec. then they combined the branch office and the main office and this changed the dynamics of the office. Then the co-workers were a mix of 4 in the office and two worked against two it was like tug of war. One sec. and agent and one sec. and agent, not one team. After I left I went back to see the agent that I had worked with for 13 years who had supported me the whole time and the other agent said it was much different since I had left and that he was sorry of the way I was treated. The hardest part off the job was when Farm Bureau decided  more... to non-renew all the homeowner' policies and try and rewrite them through one of the 10 or so new partner carriers learning all new systems billing, quoting, claims, ect. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I came in contact with some of the customers, managers, other sec.and agents from around the state, and the board members.  less
Pros
My job was 5 minutes from my house
Cons
The other sec. I had to work with for 10 years was not the easiest person to work with.
A very good insurance company with great products
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockport & Refugio, TXDecember 28, 2014
I started as an agent is Seguin, TX in 1978. I was offered the job as Agency Manager in Rockport and Refugio, TX in 1999. I took the job as the potential for much higher income was possible. It was a pleasure to work with the company management and also to recruit and train agents to work in these offfices.
Productive and fun place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Rogersville, TNMarch 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be to show up at 8a.M. And put my things away. Get my money drawer and count it, turn my computer on, and begin answering the phone to our customers and try to ensure that they got the best customer satisfaction I had to offer. My co-workers and management team were awesome. Everyday was a new learning experience.
Pros
day's off when needed
Cons
no employment insurance
Hard working, innovtive, multi tasker, loving what I do
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXNovember 3, 2015
Fast paced and fast growing insurance company with a huge array of insurance products to suit a clients needs.
I had my own agency and worked alongside a very knowledgeable ISR.
Multi tasking was a requirement with phones ringing, clients walking in, answering emails and texts.........and the days flew by.
I'm very proud of my 28 year tenure with this company.
Pros
come and go as needed
Cons
busy, busy, busy

Want to know more about FARM BUREAU?

Ask a question
great place to work because she pushed me to sucess
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  grants new mexicoMay 27, 2015
very dedicated boss looking for for the right fit into her company. she was very detail oriented which I like she looked for the best in everything and was a hard working owner! she made me push myself to be better at everything I do and also showed me tough love and that I need to be better and great at everything I do . a typical day at work included answering phones and services clients. also sales strategies.
Pros
very felixable with my family and kids and schedule
Cons
at the time i was getting only a few hours a week in
Productive and Successful business
Associate Agent (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Typical day at farm bureau is always bus, you have to learn how to manage your time. Very nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job is passing the state exam to receive your license to able to sale insurance.
Pros
Free lunch, Great Benefits, Bonuses
Very fun place to work.
Agency Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 18, 2012
Ga Farm Bureau was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. As long you did your duties, you were well compensated. The trips were always first class. I really enjoyed employment with this conpany.
Pros
excellent benefits.
Cons
you have to live in the adjoining county where you were employed.
A great company
Agent (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 19, 2012
It was a pleasure working for South Carolina Farm Bureau. The training is great and the support network as well. It’s a performance driven company for life insurance. If you want to sell life insurance and are driven, you will be working for an incredible company. Work schedule after training is highly variable to your client’s needs. It can be seen as an 8-5 job, but the job follows you everywhere. If you're in the office you're not making sells. That being said your schedule can be made around personal obligations and the company supports it. Not to mention the great benefit of being able to sell a variety of other insurance products, that will allow you to meet a variety of your client’s needs.
Pros
contest, variable work schedule, base plus comm
Cons
product specific quota
Wonderful enviroment to work in with ability to see clients from day to day
secretary (Former Employee) –  Bruce, MSFebruary 23, 2012
Farm Bureau was a very good experience starting out in high school. It introduced communication skills with the public and manage accounts and paper work for the public.
Pros
great atmosphere, steady work
Cons
health benefits, pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockwell City, IADecember 29, 2015
I learned a lot about selling and managing an office. I worked independently most of the time with out much supervision.
Great company but no advancement opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daleville, VAJune 14, 2014
Farm Bureau is a great company, but does not offer advancement opportunities.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Multiple managers
great place to work
Toccoa, GA (Current Employee) –  SecretaryNovember 9, 2011
Georgia Farm Bureau is a great place to work. They work with you when you have to be out or get sick. They teach you everything you need to know about the job. I would love to continue my career with them if it were a full time job.
Working is fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cresco, IAMarch 31, 2014
Even though you are at work it seems like it is just another day with family. You become very close and work hard with each other.
Selling Insurance
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 28, 2012
I have been talking to people I know that have homes, cars, and are recently married about their insurance. I have learned how to put together insurance quotes and explain the coverage to people. I work for a guy that is in another town which makes it a little more difficult. The hardest part of the job for me is setting the appointments and getting people to switch their insurance.
Pros
i work from my apartment and i am self employed
Cons
when people won't talk to me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FARM BUREAU. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9