FARM BUREAU

FARM BUREAU Employee Reviews

Productive and Successful business
Associate Agent (Former Employee), Clinton, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great benefits, bonuses
Typical day at farm bureau is always bus, you have to learn how to manage your time. Very nice co-workers. The hardest part of the job is passing the state exam to receive your license to able to sale insurance.
A very good insurance company with great products
Agency Manager (Former Employee), Rockport & Refugio, TXDecember 28, 2014
I started as an agent is Seguin, TX in 1978. I was offered the job as Agency Manager in Rockport and Refugio, TX in 1999. I took the job as the potential for much higher income was possible. It was a pleasure to work with the company management and also to recruit and train agents to work in these offfices.
Focus is home, auto, life
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great rates and products
Cons: focus is limited to home, auto, life.
Home, Auto, Life.....that is their focus. You really need to be an agency manger if you want to make the most money, but you need to excel at life sales to have a chance.
Great company but no advancement opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Daleville, VAJune 14, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: multiple managers
Farm Bureau is a great company, but does not offer advancement opportunities.
Loved the atmosphere
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Iuka, MSMay 14, 2014
Farm Bureau has been a joy to work for!
I loved working with other people and my coworkers!
Working is fun
Intern (Former Employee), Cresco, IAMarch 31, 2014
Even though you are at work it seems like it is just another day with family. You become very close and work hard with each other.
Company changing and going in a direction that I was't willing to go such as selling health insurance.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Powhatan VADecember 5, 2013
Pros: my job was 5 minutes from my house
Cons: the other sec. i had to work with for 10 years was not the easiest person to work with.
A typical day at work was from 8:30am to 5:00pm with an hour for lunch. Beginning with opening up the office, checking voice mail, checking for things that may have came over the fax machine over night, opening the mail and delivering it to the appropriate person or taking care of it myself if it were a change or something that was mailed to a customer for a signature for example. I learned many things, how to quote home and auto, Farm Bureau's accounting system called Mas 200, How to make changes to policies through their Prism system, the copier and fax machine and how to process the membership dues.I learned how to do binders for homeowners' policies, how to fax changes for mortgagee clauses. I have a Property and Casualty license. I also attended the board meetings every other month and wrote up the minutes for the Presidents approval. The management was great they were there to support you with any problems that you may have and to give you praise when it was warranted. In the beginning there were just 3 in the office 1 agent and 2 sec. then they combined the branch office and the main office and this changed the dynamics of the office. Then the co-workers were a mix of 4 in the office and two worked against two it was like tug of war. One sec. and agent and one sec. and agent, not one team. After I left I went back to see the agent that I had worked with for 13 years who had supported me the whole time and the other agent said it was much different since I had left and that he was sorry of the way I was treated. The hardest part off the job was when Farm Bureau decided to non-renew all the homeowner' policies and try and rewrite them through one of the 10 or so new partner carriers learning all new systems billing, quoting, claims, ect. The most enjoyable part of my job were the people I came in contact with some of the customers, managers, other sec.and agents from around the state, and the board members.
Productive, fast paced insurance office
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Paragould, AROctober 30, 2013
Farm Bureau was a great place to work. There are amazing employees and fantastic customers. It was a great learning experice and helped finalize my decision to become and insurance agent.
INSURANCE
Secretary (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: no cons
I would post all payments for the insured. I entered all auto/homeowner applications for policy approval. I answered the multi-line phone and did all the filing. I would also assist with customer service.
Learned quite alot and worked with quality people.
Receptionist (Former Employee), El Campo, TXJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great area
Cons: no healthchare
Fast paced. Learned a lot. Was able to use my past work experience, enabling me to help clients, customers and was also an asset to co-workers.

Great company and enjoyed learning and interacting with all of them..

Hardest part of the job, is when the system would go down in the afternoon while doing the daily deposits.
A poor place to work
Call Center Representative, Processer (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSJune 20, 2013
The staff is very discriminating, they hire you as one thing and tell you one schedule and then get mad when you don't switch to a different schedule they would like after being hired.
insurance Co.
Part time Secretary (Former Employee), Paris, MOMay 1, 2013
Pros: meeting new people and seeing famaliar faces was great.
Cons: only working as a fill in. 2-3 times month
I rarely worked I was a fill in for Full-time Receptionist.
I loved Talking to Customers and Assisting them in there insurance needs. and Explaining Policies to our Customers was very rewarding Helping them understand what there coverage was.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE TO WORK
CSR (Former Employee), Rogersville, TNMarch 26, 2013
Pros: day's off when needed
Cons: no employment insurance
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD BE TO SHOW UP AT 8a.m. AND PUT MY THINGS AWAY. GET MY MONEY DRAWER AND COUNT IT, TURN MY COMPUTER ON, AND BEGIN ANSWERING THE PHONE TO OUR CUSTOMERS AND TRY TO ENSURE THAT THEY GOT THE BEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION I HAD TO OFFER. MY CO-WORKERS AND MANAGEMENT TEAM WERE AWESOME. EVERYDAY WAS A NEW LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
Personal Lines Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Manchester, TNFebruary 26, 2013
It is a great place to work from a value and family type environment. It was my first job out of college. The pay was below normal but there was opportunity to make more but seemed like it would take a lot longer than anticipated. Could ask for a better manager or co workers.The value they put in their employees was great. It was comission only after 6 months so it was very challenging.
Very fun place to work.
Agency Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaOctober 18, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits.
Cons: you have to live in the adjoining county where you were employed.
Ga Farm Bureau was one of the best companies I have ever worked for. As long you did your duties, you were well compensated. The trips were always first class. I really enjoyed employment with this conpany.
A great company
Agent (Former Employee), South CarolinaSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: contest, variable work schedule, base plus comm
Cons: product specific quota
It was a pleasure working for South Carolina Farm Bureau. The training is great and the support network as well. It’s a performance driven company for life insurance. If you want to sell life insurance and are driven, you will be working for an incredible company. Work schedule after training is highly variable to your client’s needs. It can be seen as an 8-5 job, but the job follows you everywhere. If you're in the office you're not making sells. That being said your schedule can be made around personal obligations and the company supports it. Not to mention the great benefit of being able to sell a variety of other insurance products, that will allow you to meet a variety of your client’s needs.
Company good support.
Insurance agent (Former Employee), York, SCAugust 14, 2012
Pros: base plus commision.
Cons: strong concentration on selling life insurance.
I provided service such as claims and sales. The hardest part of Job was doing well at everything and still being pushed to do more.
Selling Insurance
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: i work from my apartment and i am self employed
Cons: when people won't talk to me
I have been talking to people I know that have homes, cars, and are recently married about their insurance. I have learned how to put together insurance quotes and explain the coverage to people. I work for a guy that is in another town which makes it a little more difficult. The hardest part of the job for me is setting the appointments and getting people to switch their insurance.
Wonderful enviroment to work in with ability to see clients from day to day
secretary (Former Employee), Bruce, MSFebruary 23, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere, steady work
Cons: health benefits, pay
Farm Bureau was a very good experience starting out in high school. It introduced communication skills with the public and manage accounts and paper work for the public.
Farm Bureau
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), ConoverNovember 21, 2011
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: horrible pay
I worked as a Customer Service Rep for Farm Bureau for 3 1/2 years and for the first 3 years it was an excellant place to be employed. However, once the County sold out to the Corporate that changed.

FARM BUREAU Salaries