Farm Credit Mid-America Employee Reviews

Good place to work with lots of flexibility
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2016
The environment at Farm Credit Mid-America is very flexible and fun. They believe in personal development and are committed to helping you attain your career goals. They strongly believe in work/life balance--I've even had several members of leadership mention to me that they do not expect responses to emails after business hours and will make sure that I don't feel that I have to respond to emails outside of business hours.

The best part of the job is the flexibility and the trust that leadership places in each employee. You "own" your work and are allowed to manage your day. You get great support from your leaders, too.

There are some members of leadership that are probably a bit more "progressive" in their thinking (i.e. allowing flexibility and personal time management) than others, but overall, I think the leadership is great.

Compared to other financial institutions I've worked for, this place is AMAZING! I no longer dread going to work!
Pros
flexibility, development opportunities
Cons
the association is going through a period of transition right now, so there is a definite "old vs. new" attitude
A great company that values its customers and employees
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 3, 2016
I am proud to say I work for Farm Credit Mid-America. Working for FCMA knowing that our purpose is to secure the future of Rural America brings meaning to what I do. Values of honesty, respect, and commitment run throughout the organization giving me confidence that Farm Credit will always strive to do the right thing for the customer. As an employee I am grateful for an environment that communicates well, rewards hard work, and celebrates success.
Pros
Mission is communicated clearly, working environment, benefits
Unique company that will give you every career opportunity
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 28, 2016
I can only speak on my specific experience at FCMA, but with this being my first salaried position out of college, I have to say that this is honestly a dream job. One of the first things I was told when coming here was that each day I should gauge how I feel about coming into work and if it is ever a dreadful feeling, then that's a sign that there's something better out there for me. No other employer I can think of will be that transparent right off the bat. I have experienced that they will give you any and every opportunity, personally and professionally, as long as you ask for it. They don't believe in being micromanagers and leave your career growth up to you, but if you want to grow and move up then there are ample resources. The compensation is fantastic and there are a lot of things not included in your salary that add up as well. Constant free lunches and gift card giveaways to make work a fun environment. The leaders on my team give us as much freedom as we can handle and that is an undervalued thing. All of my other friends complain about being overworked and underrespected because they're new, but right away I was given a voice and have already been able to express it and implement several personal ideas into the company. I'll probably never work for another employer because FCMA has every opportunity I wrote down on my list of requirements for my ideal employer.
Pros
Culture, Opportunity, Compensation, bonus program, a lot of free food and constant prize giveaways.
Cons
Large company that can be easy to get lost in if not careful
Great Company with Great People and Benefits
AVP (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 28, 2016
I've worked for the FCMA almost 9 years. I've changed departments once and advanced in my current department. I thoroughly enjoy the people and customers. One of the biggest benefits is the benefits package - excellent health insurance and retirement options. The schedule is very flexible. Technology is very good. Many opportunities to better yourself through education and training.
Top notch organization
Agribusiness Processing Specialists (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 19, 2016
Working for the Farm Credit System is an experience that is hard to describe as in may institutions you are a mere number stuck in the mix of a farm cube paid to keep your head down as you go through the motions. This is not what you get when you work for the Farm Credit, and more specifically Farm Credit Mid-America, instead, during the hiring process you are not only interviewed but you are also allowed and more importantly encouraged to interview the company. Upon your start date you are treated as though you are part of the family and the red carpet is lined for you! Benefits are fantastic and the culture cannot be beat! Change does occur within the institution, however, changes are well planned and thought out and are for the benefit of the whole to ensure processes are up to date and that the meaning behind your work is captured. Management is supportive and encourages initiative and innovative thinking. Teamwork is encouraged and fostered and your Co-workers really do want you to succeed.
Pros
Food, Benefits, paid holidays, atmosphere, work out room, daily beverages, managerial support
Cons
None!
Excellant team
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR, Central, OH (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 3, 2016
I have worked for Farm Credit for over 18 years. The company has restructured and has eliminated my position.

I was an operations leader, along with a compliance auditor. It is a continuous training company as part of my position is to inform my staff of the new procedures and government regulations.

I would travel to 5 offices in the southern half of Ohio, and be available to answer questions and put on Web ex meetings.

I would also schedule face to face trainings with the most current information.

I enjoyed my position and co-workers.
Changing climate has forgotten about people and its mission.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 9, 2016
The leadership that once valued the employees and the mission to serve farmers and rural residents has completely lost that vision. They now value turning themselves into a large bank, devoid of relationships or added value. In the effort to grow, they have silenced anyone with any amount of ambition or independent thought. If they are not silenced, they are let go. Horrible work environment where employees are controlled by fear and intimidation, and it grows worse daily.
Pros
Good 401K, lots of free food
Cons
Short-sighted leadership, micro-management, salaries are not as competitive as they represent, no openness to innovation or even opinions.
Farm Credit
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNFebruary 26, 2016
Was a good place but had very little management. We were trained well when going to training and always provided a great CSR manager but she was only in our office 1 every six weeks
Used to be a fun and rewarding place to work.
Financial Services Officer (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 18, 2016
I seem to be getting a number of friends reaching out to get the scoop on whether they should work at Farm Credit Mid-America. Quite a few jobs have opened up due to the changes that have taken place, which has left quite a few positions to be filled.
Four or five years ago, I would have said it is great. Variable compensation hadn't been reduced, and we were the #1 Farm Credit association in America. Fast forward to today, and the new CEO that was promoted 5 years ago, is making wholesale changes. Closing credit units to consolidate them to Louisville, business analysts quitting and not wanting to move, new computer systems that do not work, and a total revamp of the roles of each employee. Ag lenders are now door to door sales people, while the office staff have been assigned the role of taking care of all loan details, even closing.
The compensation and benefits are great, but it's getting to the point that one really has to weigh the cost for what is being asked by middle management (which is coming down from upper management). I would strongly consider other opportunities until some of these issues get sorted out, and hopefully they will.
Pros
Compensation, insurance and benefits are second to none.
Cons
A large number of back office people have quit or been let go, putting more on the individual branch. This work, on top of being asked to sell more, makes branch life miserable right now. A corporate position is the place to be in this organization.
Great place to work.
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 5, 2015
A midsized organization with a mission to serve rural communities and agriculture. Work culture is in transition from a top down company towards a more collaborative and team based environment. Benefits package is exceptional with a 401k program that's got to be one of the best in the country.

While the company is undergoing a lot of change as it modernizes systems and process, company leadership is doing a good job of leading through these changes and being mindful of the people impacts.
Pros
Great culture, ranked as a best place to work in Kentucky, benefits, cooperative with a focus on customer... not profit
Cons
Lots of transition.
Fast paced
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNDecember 10, 2013
Very professional
required a lot from their employees
office was well ran
More like family
Great salary & benefits, poor middle management
Customer Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Archbold, OHMay 30, 2013
This was a fast-paced working environment. I helped answer/transfer incoming calls and assisted customers at the front counter. I collected financial information from customers and processed farm equipment and farm operating loans. I was also responsible for A/P for my branch as well as ensuring our advertising and public relations accounts were within budget. I contacted delinquent accounts and reported them to middle management.
I learned many things during the 5-1/2 years of employment. Since my position was primarily working with farmers, I learned a lot about agriculture and the information needed to process a loan from the application to closing. I also learned how to handle dissatisfied customers, including those who were delinquent.
I believe top management (CEO) had good values; however, the middle management was not successful in promoting those same values.
I enjoyed working with the customers and helping them with their financial needs.
Pros
Incentive Bonuses, Periodic Gift Cards
Cons
No room for advancement without college degree

4.3