FARM FRESH TO YOU

FARM FRESH TO YOU Employer Reviews

Great atmosphere to work in
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Capay Valley CaliforniwDecember 17, 2013
Pros: casual attire
Cons: hot in summer
Very busy office, I like staying busy. answer heavy phones, and pro mac usage.
Good ideas and great idea of what they stand for.
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee), West Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: they are a great company and the owners are very sweet and understanding.
Cons: no benefits, long drive and no compensation
It varied from day to day but was very busy and never a dull moment. I learned about CSAs and the software Filemaker. I learned management skills and grew with the company. Every day was something new and the schedule was not steady as without my department running smoothly the whole company could not continue. My coworkers were great and most management – more... was good but some where not and tainted the moral of the company, even after they were gone. The hardest part of the job was working through the growing pains but I loved my job, but I loved my family more. – less
fun but young company
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2013
Pros: free time 3 day weekends
Cons: no room for advancement
enjoyed working for the company a bit disorganized but great overall team message and morale
ok workplace
Office Assistant Driver (Former Employee), vernon caJune 22, 2013
heavy work, ok management, hardest part of work not knowing what i will encounter
Productive and fun environment workplace w/ health conscious coworkers
Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee), Capay Valley, CAMay 22, 2013
Pros: commision is awesome
Cons: can't keep ongoing customers that i signed up.
selling organic produce to individuals who care to make a change in their life. Management is approachable and understanding w/ great direction. It is tough when the weather is hot, but w/ a good attitude, anything is possible.
productive work place, fun
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2013
Pros: meeting and greeting different cultures dailey
Cons: walking 5 to 10 miles daily, no bathroom breakes
productive, fun place to work,good health benefits, in different neighborhoods, see lots of differentstypes of animals. the company is and averge employer. management could have been better,great co-workers. the hardest thing is walking so many miles to only make 20dollars. the best part of the job was receiving the organic veg and fruits.
Great learning experience
CSR (Current Employee), Capay, CADecember 28, 2012
Great place to learn, but don't really care about their employee
Cutco, but with seasonal veggies
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2012
Pros: many happy customers, helps actual farms, free produce
Cons: too many to list.
Positives -

This is NOT a pyramid scheme. It is a legitimate farm network which delivers real CA grown fruits & veggies (at a premium) to ppls front doors.
You will have folks tell you all the time how much they love the service.
You are helping CA farms.
Hours are flexible to a point.
W2
They do pay, on time, every 2 weeks.

Negatives-
This job is – more... getting worse and worse. I really feel bad for the new people. We didn't have to deal with all of this insanity last year. Many of our best reps have recently quit. Everyone pretty much hates their job now. Everyone is looking for other work. It is a sinking ship.

Commission ONLY, about $20/per box sale. This can be very profitable at times - in the spring & summer you can make over $100/day, but overall only a few ppl will be entrepreneurial enough to make the "big money". During the winter, count on making less than $200/week.

You are told that you are working "4 hours". BS. This is 4 hrs knocking on doors. Your day will likely go like this:

You arrive at the warehouse at around 1pm. You get in to the van... and are driven to a Starbucks near a territory. After an hour or so with a never-inspiring "pep talk"... you get back in the van and are dropped off in a neighborhood with a partner & a map.
If you start @ 3ish, you will probably be picked up around 7 or 8.
Back in the van, back to the warehouse around 9ish.

There are also events that we do, but that's a whole other crazy subject. Lately the events have been so bad...I don't even want to do them. I've lost lots of money on bad events. They do play mileage, but they don't reimburse like $20/parking + admission to an event which they failed to follow up on...and then we don't have a booth. That's not worth waking up @ 5am on a Saturday for. I wish I was exaggerating.

This was a flexible semi-cool job last year, but they have recently gone through major changes and have tried to implement a system which only "punishes" sales reps. There is no reward for doing well. The sales team is managed by a couple of buffoons. There's no other way to describe them. They are a couple of hustlers who made the farms alot of money 2-3 years ago, and are now managing all the sales and marketing. They have no schooling, they are just a couple of street kids who's persistence has paid off for them. Good for them, but their only concern is to assure that YOU are working so they make more money (as they get a cut of your commission).

These guys are making probably 10K a month, while you might make 1-2K if you make your minimums. Right now, nobody is making their minimums, so they are unhappy and letting us know that we aren't working hard enough, or have bad attitudes. LOL. These are the "pep talks" before we go get doors slammed in our faces all night in the rain. Nice.

There is no real training, help, or clear direction. You are basically given a t-shirt, a clipboard, and some sign-ups. Then you are on your own, but with some pretty high expectations.

It's really a shame. This could be such a great place to work if they only valued their employees and gave us a reasonable pay scale or incentive package, and moved away from the door to door stuff. It isn't necessary and it isn't working for them.

PS-
Prepared to have dogs let loose on you:) – less