FARM FRESH TO YOU Employee Reviews in United States

Every review posted, in every aspect, is correct
Farm Ambassador/ outside Sales and marketing rep (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2016
The typical work day has dramatically changed in the last few years, and will only continue to change in an attempt to be better. It is uncertain if these changes will bring more balance or not.

There is significant room to grow professionally and financially. However be warned there is a high turnover rate as there is limited training and high expectations. You will have one orientation, one or two days of shadowing, and thats it you better make quota.

Management is spread thin. There is very little support unless you are brand new, you are no longer considered new after 2 weeks. Because product, mission, and ideas are so positive workers are willing to go above and beyond almost all issues. Some have found great success $100-$500/8-11 hour day, some never make more than $30/day because they give up waste time and actually work 2-3 hours, and most barely pull in $90/ day working 5-8 hours. Good reps can make $100 in 3 hours, but management tends to make this more difficult than it is worth by pushing us into areas we don't want to work in.

There is very little appreciation , loyalty, support, and unfair demands given in return to those who are driven. This causes the best of the best to burn out or move on with another company in higher positions. Managers on Sac team do not actually know what a typical pay period feels like for an actual rep in this territory, and do not listen to reps.

If you work hard you can gain some pretty valuable skills that any employer would love, networking opprotunity is fantastic. Great resume builder. This is a job, there is no career
  more... opportunity and every pay period you are back to square one. Meaning every rep is put back on the same playing field regardless of how long you have been with the company.

If you are a top rep expect to have a target on you at all times and no management/ HR support. Make sure you are told what compensation you will recieve for training as you will lose a ton of money while training someone who will get privileges you have to fight for. Don't do the job if you are unable to believe in the product.

Regardless of what position I eventually move up to in another company, I will be a supporter and get deliveries until I move out of CA. I sincerely hope they find a way to be as loyal to their hard working employees as we are to them, and this good idea turns into a better job that grows into a career.
Pros
Access to great produce, great commission, awesome product and customers, will push you to your limit
Cons
ABSOLUTLY NO CONTINUED TRAINING, TERRIBLE FIELD SUPPORT, Every con listed on everyones comments are sadly true
Fair
Payroll Lead (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2016
Typical day was phones, emails, deadlines.
I received an introduction to unions.
I had respect for the payroll department management.
The employees at FFTY are very hard working people.
The hardest part of my job was the documentation of turnover in the company.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to accomplish so much while there. My abilities were tested and I amazed myself with what I was able to accomplish.
Worst company ever!
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 23, 2015
3 people in HR department & 500+ employees. They treat their employees horrible. Management is the worst. HR has a huge turn over problem. I was there for 8 months and had 6 employee in HR leave (that's unheard of in the HR department). They will throw you under the bus to save themselves. No loyalty to their co-workers. Owner's are horrible people too, they are in the farming business and don't even give farm workers Caesar Chaves day off.

Hourly employee's (which makes up 90% of the company) get 16 hours PTO - count them that's 2 whole days off a year and 3 paid holidays. Worst benefit package I've ever seen.

Typically they set their employee's up for failure, you usually get trained by a disgruntle employee who is sick of their job, then when they leave abruptly you are expected to take over. What a joke.
Pros
Great product
Cons
PTO- 16 hours a year. 3 Vac days a year. Horrible Company
Good ideas and great idea of what they stand for.
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 19, 2013
It varied from day to day but was very busy and never a dull moment. I learned about CSAs and the software Filemaker. I learned management skills and grew with the company. Every day was something new and the schedule was not steady as without my department running smoothly the whole company could not continue. My coworkers were great and most management was good but some where not and tainted the moral of the company, even after they were gone. The hardest part of the job was working through the growing pains but I loved my job, but I loved my family more.
Pros
they are a great company and the owners are very sweet and understanding.
Cons
no benefits, long drive and no compensation
productive work place, fun
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2013
productive, fun place to work,good health benefits, in different neighborhoods, see lots of differentstypes of animals. the company is and averge employer. management could have been better,great co-workers. the hardest thing is walking so many miles to only make 20dollars. the best part of the job was receiving the organic veg and fruits.
Pros
meeting and greeting different cultures dailey
Cons
walking 5 to 10 miles daily, no bathroom breakes
out going fun and caring certified caregiver
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  anaheim,caNovember 11, 2015
Working as caregiver is very challenging because sometimes its pretty hard to communicate with ur clients,but for me it better because you will get more experience and learning lots of different skills that you can use it for the future jobs...working for 10 years,its good so I'm here trying to apply different job hoping I can get a chance to show my other skills and learn more things.
Exciting and interesting workplace with plenty of opportunities for growth within company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 14, 2015
Good work environment with friendly employees and management. Typical work day runs around 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. depending how heavy box count is, and can sometimes run up to 18 hour shifts or more. Overall work is consistent and requires quite a bit of teamwork and leafership.
Productive Job Fun great work place
Route Delivery Driver Graveyard (Former Employee) –  san leandroOctober 10, 2015
love the company and the routes that I drove while working here. I was able to learn the responisblity of having company truck out on delivery . Great customers and a fun work environment.
Pros
free food boxes end of week
Cons
hours
Organic delivery with a story for every stop.
Produce delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Vernon, CAJune 24, 2015
A typical night at work consist of driving at late hours in the night and the occasional skunk or bear wondering the streets for food. I have learned to be extra careful, not just with driving but also being in areas and cities that you are not familiar with. Being alone at those hours has made it the hardest part but the most enjoyable, for I like to be in a team work environment.
Pros
Knowledge of organic produce and a healthy way of living.
Cons
Not enough work hours
Great Job
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2015
So many cool and interesting people worked here, and management was so great and helpful. When you messed up, you didn't get yelled at, but were asked how you could improve. They always had fresh fruit and coffee in the office for the sales team and had many fun competitions.
Great Manager
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange County CaJune 12, 2015
I really enjoy this company because of the current manager for the team I am on. He is great to work with and does a great job explaining things.
Cons
healthcare could be better
Great Work environment
Farm Ambassador/Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2015
Loved working here. I believed in the product and service. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated but I did so by realizing the income potential.
Productive and fun environment workplace w/ health conscious coworkers
Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Capay Valley, CAMay 22, 2013
selling organic produce to individuals who care to make a change in their life. Management is approachable and understanding w/ great direction. It is tough when the weather is hot, but w/ a good attitude, anything is possible.
Pros
commision is awesome
Cons
can't keep ongoing customers that i signed up.
fun but young company
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2013
enjoyed working for the company a bit disorganized but great overall team message and morale
Pros
free time 3 day weekends
Cons
no room for advancement
ok workplace
Office Assistant Driver (Former Employee) –  vernon caJune 22, 2013
heavy work, ok management, hardest part of work not knowing what i will encounter
Always busy... Challenging environment...
IT Helpdesk Representative (Current Employee) –  West SacramentoSeptember 23, 2014
Challenging environment that keeps me on my toes. We have new issues that turn up frequently... The help desk supports a wide variety of IT issues all over California.
The Worst Work Experience of My Life
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 1, 2014
The most horrible and rude treatment I have ever received from any employers. They drive the van around under the influence.
Pros
good fruits and vegetables
Cons
treated lower than a farm animal.
great place to wok at
MANGER ROBERT BOSCACK (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 21, 2014
I learned direct sales ,had fun time making money,made alot of friends with alot of great ideas
Great atmosphere to work in
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Capay Valley CaliforniwDecember 17, 2013
Very busy office, I like staying busy. answer heavy phones, and pro mac usage.
Pros
casual attire
Cons
hot in summer
Great learning experience
CSR (Current Employee) –  Capay, CADecember 28, 2012
Great place to learn, but don't really care about their employee

2.9