Farm Fresh Employee Reviews

A decent place to work for short period of time.
DELI CLERK (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Working with my dept. manager and great co-workers
Cons: Very short breaks if any
Most enjoyable part of this job is being able to see and help customer with their request and see a smile on their faces at the end of their purchase. Work can be very hard at times but keeps me going to make sure what task I am given is completed at the end of my day. I've learned that each individual has different needs that needs to be handle according to the customers wants as long as its within company guidelines. My co-workers are very easy to work with. We have respect for one another. We work hand in hand to help each other through out the day. Management can be elusive at times but it just motivates me to do a better and more effective job.
great job
Cashier (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: friendliness
Cons: lunch breaks being late
This was my first job, I loved it very much. I lost it due to being late, lesson well learned.. but I was young, anyways the customers were great to deal with, good pay, good amount of hours and friendly atmosphere
Very Great ,Peaceful and safe enviorment to work at
Customer Service Represenative (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Discounts, Good Breaks
Cons: Healthcare
Farm Fresh Is a great business and a very big corporation to be involved with. I learned how to deal and handle the money more cautiously and work with different people and attitudes a day. Management is okay there , they could work on the way they run there departments a little bit better but they do help out the best way they can. My co-workers are great they work and do the work I ask them to do with no problems or hesitations. The hardest part of working there is when co-workers is not on time and it leaves me as head person in charge backed up sometimes and that can be overwhelming , but as always I manage to maintain to keep things in order and straight. My most enjoyable part is learning new things behind the service desk to move up in my position with what I do there.
management not easy to talk to the co workers and the peolpe make you really want to return each day my work isnt to hard
COOK and prepare food for the deli (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 2, 2015
this job would be much better if they learn how to appreciate their employee by giving raise or invancment by promotion. good working envirment for the most friendly smiles good quialy of food
productive
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 1, 2015
it was a good place to work but to many things were unorganized. people would call out and nobody show or if you couldnt make it in due to personal or health you had to call somebody they wouldnt do it.
Great atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 23, 2015
Great coworkers, easy to get along. Meet a lot new people from other places. The store brings a lot business and productive. There's always something to do.
Spacious workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Cool enviorment
Cons: Short breaks
Working at Farm Fresh was very exciting for the simple fact that I love people and my customer service is awesome so I enjoyed greeting people that come to my line. The part I enjoyed the most was showing people where things were that they couldn't find, It makes me feel good.
great
SALAD BAR MANAGER (Former Employee), norfolk vaJune 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company they were really good to their employees!! a great places to work very friendly and helpful!
Nice place to work
Frozen/Dairy Associate (Former Employee), Gloucester, VAJune 14, 2015
Typical day at work was merchandising my selves, making a list of my outs, stocking, ordering and inventorying the cooler and freezer. Learned how to manage inventory and meet the needs of the company and customers. The hardest part of the job was time constraints. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.
Productive and consistant
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Having natural skills
Cons: Establishing a patient, well paced environment
A typical day at work involves setting work related and personal goals to achieve. Strong customer service comes from gaining a customers attention and providing excellent self management in order to produce as much product as sold. The hardest part is having a small time gap in between a strict time schedule to keep all products produced on time. The most enjoyable part is when each individual co-worker shows his or her natural skills in order to get the job done. I've gained a lot of confidence and growth in customer service. I learned how to speak up for my scope-of-practice.
Good hours, but keep the job if you get it
Stocking (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJune 8, 2015
Pros: breaks are pushed on employees, pay
Cons: have to be very precise
my time at farm fresh as a stocker was difficult but it all payed off at the end of the week. working three days a week during school, i made 200 every week (though it may not be alot) i did not have alot of hours so that speaks volumes. they work well with your school schedule and will give you hours as asked
blah
Cashier (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJune 6, 2015
i would not recommend anyone work here, management is rude and barely give any hours. the only good thing is the customers and the vibe of the place is very nice.
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Hampton, VAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay and pay increase for all overtime
Cons: Continuiously cleaning
There was always something to do, because the store was always busy. Good and understanding management, there was always a celebration when a rewards sign up was made. Depending on location there are high thief rates.
A Day at Farm Fresh
Clerk (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 1, 2015
A typical day at work is working with the truck and meeting new people. I like working in other departments at Farm Fresh because it's gives me an opportunity to learn different things.
Great place to work.
Assitant deli manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Customer service
Cons: Job movement
Farm Fresh was a great place to be employed,working with great people,customer service was job number one.I would recommend them to other people.
Relaxing enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Self pace
Cons: Nothing
Normal day would prep food for customers, maintain a high customer service, and learn more about the seafood department and how a grocery store functions from within the company.
Productive and fun environment
Grocery Stocking Clerk (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 20, 2015
Replenish shelves with available items

Complete inventory checklists/inspections

Management was friendly and encouraging

Co workers were hard working & enjoyable to work with

Not being able to satisfy every customer

Providing customers with great service
Lifea as a barista
Barista (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAApril 12, 2015
I was a barista at Starbucks, and my job duties were to provide excellent customer service while making hand-crafted, quality beverages.It’s a busy job for customer service, obviously. The fellow employees… it’s a fairly fun job, fun atmosphere. Not a whole lot of pressure or anything.You come on shift, and it’s kind of as the customer demands and stuff. There’s a long line, you can be jumping in and rotating somebody off bar or jumping on the cash register – maybe just doing whatever’s needed in the moment. If it’s a fairly slow day, you could just be walking in, maybe help getting the store restocked, set up for the next rush.
Farm Fresh
CASHIER/COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee), Hampton, VaApril 9, 2015
Its a job that you would want to do while you are in school not anything to stick with until the end at least not on the front end..
Great place
Stocker (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 26, 2015
Work is very fun. Truck can be a little grueling at times but its all worth it. Overnight differential is awesome. The managers are very nice people who i routinely go out with.