Farm Fresh Employee Reviews

Fun Learning Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2017
This was my first job. It taught me how to have wonderful customer service, how to deal with funds properly, and how to train new employees. My typical at work was to count my draw, clean the front end and give customers a wonderful shopping experience.
Pros
Wonderful management
Cons
Low pay, short Breaks and closing the store
Very fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 17, 2017
Farm fresh was a good job to work for , even though the pay could have been alot better . The security was very low i would recommend this job for someone who is just starting off.
Pros
Short days
Cons
Short breaks, no health care
Gets Paid Every Friday
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 12, 2017
It's nice to get a weekly check, a lot of jobs don't pay weekly anymore. The job is also very relaxing unless it's a holiday or the first of the month, then it gets hectic.
productive workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 12, 2017
Farm Fresh was a good company its that the pay was not good. I worked there for a couple years and I was not making that much money, so I decided to pursue something else.
Pros
good people
Cons
no growth in advancement
Good place to work for the time
Cashier/Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 10, 2017
Farm fresh is a good company to work at until you see store management, at least the one i worked at. Management was very rude to me and most of the time, the managers either had something smart to say, or were annoyed by asking simple questions, and i felt very uncomfortable. On the other hand, the store gave me skills as a cashier, and courtesy clerk. After working there, i have become better at handling money.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great customers, clean work enviornment
Cons
Low hourly wage, unprofessional management
Nice people
Deli Attendant (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, VAJune 7, 2017
I like the homegrown atmosphere. Things are easy to find. The store is clean. The schedules are fair and consistent. I don't know what else to say.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 6, 2017
Job taught me management skills due to a great front end supervisor. Each day you meet new people and a lot of regulars. Was in college while working here so a lot of closing shifts so I was getting off after midnight
A great company
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 27, 2017
Farm Fresh is a good atmosphere to work the none benefits is the issue for me and the select few of full time employees. This would be a great job for high school and college kids. Adults looking for careers no due to lack of positions available for promotions
Pros
Customers: The amont of information a customer can tell you in a short period of time
Cons
short breaks..no benefits..very little hours
A decent place to work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 25, 2017
Job overall was nice. Change of GM lead to cut in hours. I worked several departments and was transfer 3 times. If they were consistent in hours and location i would still be there.
Hectic, Unorganized environment, Tedious work for low pay
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 15, 2017
Not a good place to work, and problems with employees go unresolved. Corporate does not pay attention to employee complaints or issues and there is no resolve of such issues. This company does not value their employees and their accomplishments or servitude. I would not recommend this company to anyone for employment.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Corporate does not handle employee issues, mangers are rude and threaten employment.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23464May 15, 2017
good as a first job in highschool. not a good place to flourish your career. busy are really tiring being on your feet all day and customers can be alittle rude
Very awful
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 5, 2017
Very poor management, I wouldn't wish this job upon my worst enemies. No benefits and poor hours for the amount of stress. Customer base is rude and nasty.
Very busy and positive place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  1200 N Military Highway Norfolk Va 23502May 2, 2017
very fast past at assisting customer on any company policy concern. Management is very knowledgeable on informing the employees on any changes on company policy and procedure.
Pros
bonuses and awesome vacation packages
Cons
short break and long hours
Good Place with Good Objectives
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 29, 2017
Farm Fresh kept their eyes on the goals of their associates and made it clear and easy on what is expected. Management helped the associates get through their day fairly easily.
Pros
Easy to understand guidelines
Cons
Difficult commute at time
Starbucks Coffee Clerk (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 26, 2017
Farm Fresh is a nice starter job. Great place to work just doesn't pay well. Over worked & under paid especially the for good committed workers. The managers are supportive.
Was a good job
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 25, 2017
Everything at this company was going great until they went out of business. The job was easy to learn and the people were fun to work with. The customers were great!
Pros
work was easy to learn
Cons
they closed down
Good benefits for full time associates
GROCERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 25, 2017
Good benefits for full time associates. Promotions are from within however if you do not have specific experience you may not be given a chance because there is no funding for training.
it has its days
Deli Cook (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 25, 2017
Very underpaid. The management sucks. You'll meet some nice customers here and there but you will also run across customers who'll make you wanna quit or make you lose your job
Working for farm fresh is a great company to start with.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAApril 24, 2017
I love my 3 years of working for this company, but now that I am close to finishing school it is time to start looking for employment in the nursing field, which I am excited to do.
Very friendly and fun envoriment
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 23, 2017
I love working at farm fresh because my coworkers and management team are the best! We all work as a team.And at times it like we more like family. Our customers well our regular customers are like family as well, we look forward to servicing them as they look forward to coming to see our smiles and see what the topic of the day is. Yes I love working for farm fresh but I want an better opportunity.
Pros
My coworkers are really nice and friendly.
Cons
The customers are not as friendly at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Fresh. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval