Farm Fresh Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILJuly 25, 2016
I enjoy working at farm fresh. It's a great way to meet new people and to learn new things. It has some good employees and some that are okay. I enjoy it everyday I go in!
Pros
Discounted soda, great way to meet people.
Cons
Short breaks, some coworkers have negative attitudes.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 21, 2016
At Farm Fresh I learned how to be a better listener and problem solving when customers had a questions or problems. The manger are always there to help you when you need it.
Wonderful Place to Work!!!
Casher (Current Employee) –  Poquoson, VAJuly 7, 2016
I love working at Farm Fresh! You have great opportunities for advancement, fair treatment, and the best coworkers possible. A typical day can be pretty busy, and sometimes hectic, but its rewarding to receive recognization for the hard work you do.
okay place to work
Assistant Deli manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 14, 2016
I enjoy doing customer service because I am a people person. I just do not agree with management not stepping in to help. I see many managers that direct and never step in to lend a hand and we are always understaffed. I only stay because I have good pay and good coworkers.
Lack of Teamwork and Uncaring Management
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 28, 2016
I've worked several days without getting a lunch or even a fifteen minute break. I'm a part time employee working 40 hours a week because we are understaffed. There is only one other person in my department that believes in teamwork. Others ONLY do the minimum amount of work required and ignore you when you ask for help. Most will even ignore customers to use their cell phones. At first I loved this job but after only a month and a half I've had it. There's no family life balance as I close most nights and my child is in school when I leave and in bed when I get home and I never get a weekend off unless my husband has drill. Also, no positive reinforcement even when getting several great comments from customers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
No teamwork, pay doesn't compensate for work done, poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 18, 2016
Good supervision
Good co workers
Good benefits for full time employees
Clean working conditions
Fair Compensation
Great Co-workers and a fun place to work.
Deli Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 8, 2016
I love my co-workers, they make everyday worth coming in. I love the work that I do but the management isn't all that great. Well at least at the store that I work in.
Pros
Decent amount of hours.
Cons
Understaffed and poor management
Top notch
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 27, 2016
Hands on informative training
Caring management
Some of the best stockers in the industries
Had the right tools for the job
Pros
learned alot
Cons
Team work environment nice place to work
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cheapside, VAApril 26, 2016
I loved coming to work the people were great and I loved the customers, The leaders were interactive and supportive:
my co-workers were fun to work with great team of people.the most challenging part of my day was cleaning out that chicken case due to my height it made it hard for me to get in there sometimes
but I had great co-workers who would help me it made the job great I love the team work.
Cons
Very spirited environment with diverse customers I love working with.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 25, 2016
The management was very authoritative yet respectful. I love my co-workers, as they have started to feel like a family to me. Working at Farm Fresh has opened up a social side to me I have never seen, forming relationships with people I never thought I would. It is a great working atmosphere.
Pros
customers are very nice and respectful.
Productive and great workplace
SEAFOOD CLERK (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time at farm fresh and everyone in their, great working environment. I was a cashier starting out then positioned to seafood clerk
wasn't fun
groceries (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 11, 2016
wasn't my kinda job to be honest people was rude but thats life.

they didnt reall have me do much but clean which i didnt really mind
also have my carry heavy stuff
Pros
nothing good
Cons
short breaks
deli clerk
deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2016
customer seerive,prep,slice meat,cook,cleaning,making sure the customer get served good quality food and freah deli meat
Pros
great workplacd
great place to work if you like talking about food
Direct sales and marketing rep (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 30, 2016
This is a great job, but very little advancement or training. The people are Great and I have made lots of positive forward thinking friends. Earning potential is high, although the goals and mission never changes, the way the goals are achieved tend to change a lot.
Pros
access to great people and produce
Cons
long days inconsistant work hours
Overview
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 19, 2016
It can get crazy on some days to a point where you may have to wait four hours to get a break. The most fun that I had is when we would do a CHKD fundraiser and it is relaxing to see some of your coworkers relaxed.
i loved it
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 17, 2016
I loved my job at farm fresh. they were very flexible with me and my hours and I loved all my co workers that I worked with. they give you many options to move up in the work field
Nice place to work
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMarch 14, 2016
Good days and bad days. Managers and employees make this a great place to start out at. Just be ready to deal with bad customers.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
lots of angry or intoxicated customers
Bad place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 29, 2016
One of the worst places I have worked. Management didn't respect their team members and always found ways to make your day bad.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Never cared if you took your lunch or not. Had to work 7 hours sometimes before lunch.
Toxic Work Environment
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 21, 2016
Not enough team members for the workload on a consistent basis. Management is overbearing, penalize you for not meeting their excess demands. Never work according to schedule, stay up to half a shift longer on a daily basis depending on workload. Penalized for having engagements outside of work such as doctor's appointments, family matters, car maintenance etc. that cause you to leave work after your scheduled shift has ended but before they have given you permission to leave. Poor application of specific team members abilities, and poor time management. Schedule is never posted in a timely manner, and sometimes not posted at all. Penalized for missing work even if you were not scheduled on the posted schedule, or if your schedule was changed without notifying you of changes. Coaching from Managers is never positive or beneficial, just critical of your performance but no advice or coaching on how to improve performance or meet their unattainable expectations. As a night stocker, consistently told to perform other departments duties, then reprimanded for not having enough time to finish your own duties. Fellow associates, on the other hand, are team oriented and friendly, and understand the harsh nature of the job and work environment. Helpful and consistently strive to make the team better, and offer each other coaching and insight towards improving efficiency. Typically a tight-knight group due to the working conditions, (ex. only your small team is in the store overnight, always work with the same crew of associates, able to build a routine based on teams strengths and weaknesses.)  more... Management constantly flip flops between teasing you with opportunities for advancement, and threatening you with termination.  less
Pros
Easy to focus on tasks at hand due to working after closing hours
Cons
Never work according to schedule, Penalized for having engagements outside of work and not being able to stay late on a regular basis, Management is overbearing aggresive and demeaning, unnecessarily high stress, management never keeps promises
Produce section in farm fresh
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 14, 2015
Cleaned produce, and stocked. Worked early in the morning. Made sure everything is fresh and ready for the whole day. Chopped fruit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farm Fresh. Our community is ready to answer.