FARMERS FURNITURE Employee Reviews

nice laid back place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCSeptember 26, 2017
come in log in do deposit from night before. get together with the warehouse crew for arranging store and get deliveries set up. begin collection calls
Pros
plush office and good scedule
Cons
pay should have been greater
No time for any ping pong table performance drive company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lavonia, GASeptember 21, 2017
Good company to work for greAt benefits. Decent hours . Farmers is a great family environment. I've loved working for farmers. Company has great upper management.
Pros
Potential for great bonuses in management
Cons
Non
very relaxed place to work
Collector/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 30, 2017
Farmers Furniture is a great place to work its just that some employees tend to stay in others peoples business all the time. The store manager however is awesome!
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
the people you work with here can be something else/not very friendly at times
Great Insurance Benefits, Not for people who have small children
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 13, 2017
Hours are not that good you do get every Sunday off in most stores work every Sat No off time around the Holidays, they do however have great Insurance benefits, salary is not what they make you believe in the hiring process for management, They do not pay their other employees what they should
Pros
great Insurance Benefits
Cons
work every saturday
Very Productive & Driven work Environment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAMarch 28, 2017
A typical day at work for me @ Farmers Furniture was wide open from starting time to closing time.. I was head over outside collections so I spent a lot of time in the road chasing our past due accounts.. I loved all of my coworkers and management as well ... unfortunately the scheduling of hours in the collections department were becoming difficult for me as a Mother...
Cons
Part-Time.. Late hours
Great Credit Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, GAJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at Farmers. I worked as Sales Consultant and later Credit manager. I assisted the manager in making credit decisions, store goals and sales. I also went to make field collection calls, took and processed applications, did product knowledge on the products we sold, took payments, assisted in managing the other sales consultants,etc.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
customer service where your customers are number one priority
sales/collections (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 3, 2017
you start your day with cleaning your section and making sure its clean and presentable. I learned a lot about collecting and sales and making sure my customers were happy. Your co-workers are like your other family because you work hand in hand as a team. The hardest part of the job was collecting accounts that were behind. The most enjoyable part was seeing how happy the customers are to get new merchandise.
Pros
paid vacation and sick time
Cons
short staffed
Great Environment
Bookkeeper/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 29, 2016
 Records receipts, processes accounts payable, and maintains budget control
 Data Organization, provide management budget and payroll computer reports
 Reporting, trace errors and records adjustments to correct charges or credits
 Proficient with networks and data backup procedures
 Prepare invoices, check extensions, make bill list and write checks
 Reconcile payroll bank statements
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Salary
Great 1st job
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin,GAAugust 28, 2016
Received job fresh out of college. Loved my boss and team I worked with. Great hours and work/life balance. Learned a lot about distribution centers, logistics, multitasking, communication and personnel habits. Pay was not desirable
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 30, 2016
It is very boring and the management is not all that great. They were pretty flexible with hours but the pay sucked and you never advance. If you don't sale much of anything you get minimum wage. You can't MAKE people buy thousands of dollars worth of furniture. They actually have to want to. And they make it seem like it is your fault if your customer doesn't buy anything.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Money sucked, slow and boring job, bad management
Good place to work.
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 1, 2016
A typical day at Farmer's as a collector is to call customers regarding their past due accounts. Sometimes it can be overwhelming due to customers responses and their inability to pay when due.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Redunt
Compensation package is great.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 22, 2016
Very Very long hours.But very profitable. Collections are a necessary part of the job ,but not the most pleasant. Fun and lots of it if you love people and furniture.
Pros
Did I mention the compensation?
Cons
Very long hours.
Friendly environment
Front desk/ accounting (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCApril 14, 2016
Friendly environment to work in. Coworkers and majority of customers were respectful. The phone calls, and payment line were usually busy so I was always multitasking jobs.
na
Collector (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ALOctober 20, 2015
Perform collection calls, take payments, do legal paper work on past due customers. Customer service duties. Also worked on the sale floor as I was needed.
Great company looking out for the employees
Credit Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAJuly 1, 2015
Farmers Furniture has a well-trained staff to facilitate the needs and demands of growth for the future. A typical work day involves giving customers a great furniture buying experience. We provide them with a picture of current and future needs. As a manager you really have a chance to learn, grow and move forward with the company. All the co-workers I've had had the pleasure of working with have been really friendly people with the best intentions at heart. The hardest part of the job was working out collection plans to get the customers back on track and in good standing.
commision basis
Furniture sales (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, GAMay 22, 2015
I am not a furniture sales person and did not like the cut throat environment. Did not like selling the customers merchandise/products that I would not be willing to buy myself.
Repossion
Repossession and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCApril 23, 2015
Management made the job pleasant yet clients where furious at times.Not understanding I was doing a job therefore having to set up reinforcement to repossess Also could only offer 20 hours
Pros
Make own schedule and expectations where set.Had own office
Cons
Clients not understanding
Great Job
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GADecember 4, 2014
Nice work place friendly people. Love the fact that i get to meet new people and help them with a home decor experience.
Farmers Furniture
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 5, 2014
I enjoyed some aspects of this job, but not all. There was a major issue between management and employees.
Productive, good co-workers breaks where short.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ga 31021October 25, 2014
Good benefits and co-workers where helpful. Always something new to learn daily. I enjoyed learning how things where done in the warehouse as to al the procedures such as reading the invoices, shipping and receiving merchandise guideline. To me the hardest thing to learn was operating the forklift because you had to be ware of your surroundings and you had to navigate the fork on the fork-lift just right so that nothing was damaged while transporting it to one place to another.
Pros
Day shifts and paid every week
Cons
short breaks