FARMERS FURNITURE Employee Reviews

customer service where your customers are number one priority
sales/collections (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 3, 2017
you start your day with cleaning your section and making sure its clean and presentable. I learned a lot about collecting and sales and making sure my customers were happy. Your co-workers are like your other family because you work hand in hand as a team. The hardest part of the job was collecting accounts that were behind. The most enjoyable part was seeing how happy the customers are to get new merchandise.
Pros
paid vacation and sick time
Cons
short staffed
Great 1st job
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin,GAAugust 28, 2016
Received job fresh out of college. Loved my boss and team I worked with. Great hours and work/life balance. Learned a lot about distribution centers, logistics, multitasking, communication and personnel habits. Pay was not desirable
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 30, 2016
It is very boring and the management is not all that great. They were pretty flexible with hours but the pay sucked and you never advance. If you don't sale much of anything you get minimum wage. You can't MAKE people buy thousands of dollars worth of furniture. They actually have to want to. And they make it seem like it is your fault if your customer doesn't buy anything.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Money sucked, slow and boring job, bad management
Good place to work.
Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 1, 2016
A typical day at Farmer's as a collector is to call customers regarding their past due accounts. Sometimes it can be overwhelming due to customers responses and their inability to pay when due.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Redunt
Compensation package is great.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 22, 2016
Very Very long hours.But very profitable. Collections are a necessary part of the job ,but not the most pleasant. Fun and lots of it if you love people and furniture.
Pros
Did I mention the compensation?
Cons
VERY LONG HOURS.
Friendly environment
Front desk/ accounting (Former Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCApril 14, 2016
Friendly environment to work in. Coworkers and majority of customers were respectful. The phone calls, and payment line were usually busy so I was always multitasking jobs.
na
Collector (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ALOctober 20, 2015
Perform collection calls, take payments, do legal paper work on past due customers. Customer service duties. Also worked on the sale floor as I was needed.
Great company looking out for the employees
Credit Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jesup, GAJuly 1, 2015
Farmers Furniture has a well-trained staff to facilitate the needs and demands of growth for the future. A typical work day involves giving customers a great furniture buying experience. We provide them with a picture of current and future needs. As a manager you really have a chance to learn, grow and move forward with the company. All the co-workers I've had had the pleasure of working with have been really friendly people with the best intentions at heart. The hardest part of the job was working out collection plans to get the customers back on track and in good standing.
commision basis
Furniture sales (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, GAMay 22, 2015
I am not a furniture sales person and did not like the cut throat environment. Did not like selling the customers merchandise/products that I would not be willing to buy myself.
Repossion
Repossession and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCApril 23, 2015
Management made the job pleasant yet clients where furious at times.Not understanding I was doing a job therefore having to set up reinforcement to repossess Also could only offer 20 hours
Pros
Make own schedule and expectations where set.Had own office
Cons
Clients not understanding
Great Job
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GADecember 4, 2014
Nice work place friendly people. Love the fact that i get to meet new people and help them with a home decor experience.
Farmers Furniture
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 5, 2014
I enjoyed some aspects of this job, but not all. There was a major issue between management and employees.
Productive, good co-workers breaks where short.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ga 31021October 25, 2014
Good benefits and co-workers where helpful. Always something new to learn daily. I enjoyed learning how things where done in the warehouse as to al the procedures such as reading the invoices, shipping and receiving merchandise guideline. To me the hardest thing to learn was operating the forklift because you had to be ware of your surroundings and you had to navigate the fork on the fork-lift just right so that nothing was damaged while transporting it to one place to another.
Pros
Day shifts and paid every week
Cons
short breaks
Not a good place to work! Major management problems.
Other (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAOctober 17, 2014
Employees don't get recognized by their work that they do. If you are a brownnoser you will go far. Everyone thanks about themselves than others. Dept. heads sends out emails to co-workers for company meetings, why not go around face-to-face and let me know. Sounds like to me that you are not a people person or you come across as a cocky kid watching after his own butt.
Pros
I can't think of anything.
Cons
Management problems.
A great experiance
Delivery (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 22, 2014
I will get to work about 6'oclock every morning, Clock in at work, Grab my invoices and pull my merchandise for preparation. Call costumers to notify that we will be delivering to them that day. Load the truck, Drive to costumers house and set-up merchandise. Great Manager and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when something goes wrong with the merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great people and making new friends.
Pros
Always moving from one place to another
Cons
Don't have any
Customers made the job worth it!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 9, 2014
Count till before and after your shift. keep a clean work space and belt. Have a relationship with customers, make friends with customers and their families.
Slow business that does not trust its employess
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCJuly 2, 2014
full time employees steal sales from part time employees, the manager cooks that books and makes the store look like its making a profit when in reality it is not.
Sociable and Productive Environement
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manning, SCJune 18, 2014
I assist customers with their purchasing of furniture. I answer and make calls from and to clients, light cleaning, set up promotional in store props, assist in unloading company trucks, and greeting every person with a smile when they walled through the doors.
Pros
The teamwork that I had with my coworkers
Cons
Working on commention
hard work but enjoyable
Delivery Driver & Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAMay 28, 2014
an enjoyable place to work.delivered products and installed products into customers homes
Fair Company
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAApril 10, 2014
Good environment coworkers were pleasant to work with. Stayed busy enjoyed interacting with the customers.
Cons
Needed better management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FARMERS FURNITURE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9