Farmers Home Furniture Employee Reviews

not bad
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 14, 2018
Fun place to work if you are starting out. Fun at times but hours can get a little if you have a family of a life. other than that its not a bad place to work
Relaxed workplsce
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJanuary 13, 2018
been employed since 2014 nice working environment. Print out contractes take credit applications wait and assist customers. Telemarket customers create sales
Pros
Stock with compsny
Cons
Alot of favortism shown from management
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCJanuary 13, 2018
I loved working here, they were great people to work for and to work with. Management was great! I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a great place to work
Relaxed and Dry.
Collector (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJanuary 4, 2018
This job was very boring. i dreaded going here daily. i liked the hour long breaks. The management had very bad attitudes and treated me like i was not needed in the company.
Stressful, Competitive, yet could be very satisfying
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Valley, ALJanuary 4, 2018
This is a very stressful company. You have to work very hard to meet your quotas and numbers for the month and if you don't, the company threatens you to work on holidays. The pay is not great in customer service. The job can be very beneficial and satisfying if you have no family at home.. and not a lot of bills to pay. I would recommend this job to a single person with no kids that still live at home with parents.
Pros
1 hour lunches, benefits
Cons
pay
not a good place to work as far as management is concerned . although I think farmers is a great company just has management problems
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 28, 2017
its a job I could love with the right management. Management makes this job more stressful than it has to be.The most emjoyable part of the job is meeting new people on a customer basis.
No opportunity for advancement
Collector and Sales (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GADecember 15, 2017
I worked as Sales and collections. The sales position was a commission position. The only problem with this is that they place locations in bad areas.
Cons
most positions are part time min wage
management issues
Sales Consultant (part-time) (Former Employee) –  wallce, ncOctober 30, 2017
manager while I was there was pushed into retirement because of her customer service skills and management skills. I can only speak for myself when saying that I spoke to the upper management who asked me to write a complaint
terrible long term job
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 24, 2017
Literally have to be a child with no bills or other responsibilities to stay at this company doing the job I did as a collector $7.50 an hour is ridiculous in this day in age for a 24+ debt collector for you to make their money
Family company with good benefits
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GAOctober 14, 2017
A slow paced retail environment. Farmer's finances furniture, so your customers tend to stay your customers for years and years. It can be a pretty warm and friendly place, most of the time.

Delivery guys have the hardest part of the job and don't get paid enough for what they do or what they have to put up with.

Sales consultants can make good money when the market isn't over saturated or the store isn't overstaffed.

Good place for part-time work. The pay isn't much for full-time unless you advance into management.
Pros
Benefits, Work\Life Balance
Cons
Low pay for most positions

Want to know more about Farmers Home Furniture?

Ask a question
good place to work compare to other places
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 12, 2017
Good place to work and offer ESOP ,401 k to all employees employee discounts , bonus closed on Sundays , you can move up in this company with little.Lots of locations and company is growing .
Pros
go place to advance if you want to do your part .
Cons
long days
The customers were the highlight of the job.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAOctober 8, 2017
A typical day at work starts with my prayer. Giving thanks for the day and asking that our day is a good day.
The most enjoyable part of the job was providing customers with good customer service.
Pros
Manager Banquet
Long hours/ under pay
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 14, 2017
I'm a credit manager salary and underpaid having to do outside collections is very dangerous. Barely have time for your family. Ok company to work for.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
latenights, long hours, outside collections
Run don't believe the 5 star ratings.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2017
If you are willing to have no work life balance and be paid way less than industry standard go here. Farmers furniture will work you 50+ hours per week for minimum wages the pay is horrible you will work numerous nights from 9-9 if your credit is bad and will not get any recognition. The company does not advertise and the turnover is extremely high in some departments of the store.
Pros
Mamagement is nice because they cant keep people
Cons
Pay, hours, location, paid leave.
Ever changing workplace
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALSeptember 1, 2017
I began work a approx. 8 am, started running reports, open cash drawers, open warehouse. As customers arrived, I ran credit reports to decide amt of credit to extend to customer. At Farmers, customers are the main concern. The hardest part of the job was collections, If my collectors were not doing their part, we worked two nights a week calling and collecting. However, I learned a lot. I was trained by the store manager, who was outstanding. I made several friends within the company, fellow credit managers at other stores were happy to help or give you insight.
Pros
discounts, commissions
Cons
Serious company to work for.
Collector (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NC 28352August 31, 2017
Collecting customers payments, filing, answering phone calls and making reminder calls to customers.I learned that no matter where you work your co-workers are your work family.Time management is a must because you need to make a certain number of customers within an hour. Analyzing the customers account the way i was taught until I learned in my way.The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the customers and working with my new co-workers.
Pros
If you sat for a long period of time you can get up and walk throughout the store.
Cons
Part time workers do not get any paid vacation days.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Palatka, FLAugust 15, 2017
was hired on thinking they would pay minimum wage plus commission but after my 2nd pay I found out you only get either minimum wage or commission which ever is greater. I'm not a sales person so therefore i'm not a pushy person, I figure the customer knows what they want or like, I'm there to help describe what they would like.
Pros
they do have customer appreciation day.
Cons
manager use to be credit manager so hard to get correct information about sales.
watch your back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCAugust 11, 2017
Don't be honest cause it gets you out the door. If your not in the click you aren't allowed what others can do. You work on commission but if you don't make your budget then you get paid by the hour,. I got $7.25 hour but everyone else after me started at 8.25... others had a second job but when I went to get a second job I was told to fill out my resignation papers...
Horrible
Collector (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 7, 2017
Horrible, This word explains everything do not apply here poor hours, poor management, work over 2-3 hours on some months if they have a bad percentage in their company percentage database doing collection calls without being paid overtime.
Awesome place to work great environment family oriented
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Camilla, GAAugust 4, 2017
Great company with great benefits plenty of opportunities to advance and programs in place to aid with advancement since I started everyday seems to be a great day positivity rubs off on customers and staff alike.
Pros
Great company positive atmosphere
Cons
Didnt come to work with farmers sooner