Farmers Insurance Group
1,208 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

NOT for single mothers
OCR Liability Adjuster (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work with amazing benefits, but not single mom friendly.
Stressful place to work
Claims Clerk (Former Employee), Stafford, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Was Claims Clerk and main Receptionist for this large insurance company. I learned to take auto claims over phone, typed correspondence, learned to transcribe reports while answering phones and directed calls for this large insurance company. Opened mail and distributed it. learned allot about auto insurance. Management was very strict. Some co-workers could cause you a lot of grief. Answering the phones was probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of job was lunch and company picnics.
Be your own business
Career Agent (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: company helps with start up costs and send to university
Cons: will potentially owe money
farmers give you and opportunity to start your own business and allows you to be a hands on insurance agent for your clients.
my regular day at farmers
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good bosses, great pay, moving up in the business
Cons: no health insurance
A typical day is i would look at the call out page to call home owners/ car owners and business owners. Trying to make appointments and doing quote sheets. my managers was very nice and gave me the best opportunity they could of ever gave me. The hardest part of the job was when some people would yell at me on the phone. Most enjoyable was getting a experience that i thought id never have.
Director Project Management
Director - Divisional Project Management (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 22, 2015
Solutions focused executive with accomplished experience heading the successful implementation of multi-million dollar projects for business users focused on software developments and customization. Decisive, action-oriented and results-focused professional offering 10 years of experience in the insurance and financial industry with the last 2 years focused on executive management of project implementation.
Basically a telemarketing position
Office Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great potential but managed poorly
Cons: demands and goals placed after hiring and then used punitively.
I anticipated much more from this job. It boiled down to phone sales and working a book of business without new leads. I studied hard and got my property and casualty license and was immediately told I needed to get my Life License within a certain period of time. I tried but failed the test (very hard) and was let go because of this. Disappointing on many fronts.
Great people, great company.
Agency Business Consultant (Current Employee), Orange, CaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: meeting successful agents that want to improve even more.
Cons: funding for the program has been reduced or cut.
I worked for a district manager that employed me so I didn't work directly for Farmers Insurance.
The position involved working with agents to increase production and staff the agency correctly.
Farmers
Office Manager (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: carefree and light hearted atmosphere
Cons: no benefits
Fast paced and energetic atmosphere. I learned about car insurance and customer service. Management was firm but kind. Co-workers helpful and personable. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help some customers because of Farmers policies. The most enjoyable part was that it was a fun carefree office and I loved the interaction with our clients.
Productive workplace with lots of work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks ,C.AJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: heavy work load, positive peolpe and safe work place
Cons: temporary assignment
Responsible for keeping company system updated. Scanned old and new clients into system for future leads. Alphabetized an filed away paperwork. Looked for important information in old files for new quotes and leads. Distributed and picked up daily mail. I was taught managerial duties an how to multi-task. I had a good set of co-workers who were in an out all day so we never got tired of one another. It was a tough position due to it being temporary. The most enjoyable part was they taught me how to grow within a company.
Loved the people I worked with
Sr. Learning & Development Consultant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good pto, good coworkers
Cons: low pay and benefits, old-school leadership
I loved the people I worked with, and I loved the type of work I did. My coworkers were true professionals who worked well together and always wanted to produce quality to work to exceed the expectations of their customers. The culture handed down through top leadership could be healthier, however.
A great work space
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIJanuary 20, 2015
Takes direction well
Able to advance with in the company
Relaxed work environment
Not for everyone
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Elgin, ILJanuary 19, 2015
It is very true that you can make a very good living with Farmers. However, it isn't the easiest job in the world. The job is even more difficult when you have to take a good portion of your earnings, and put it towards your own marketing. Making your income that much smaller.

My experience is poor, that does not mean that it will be for someone else.
Very productive workplace environment
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2015
Very good environment to work in. They trusted their employees to be responsible and self-motivated. The people were friendly and helpful, as well as the management were there to assist you whenever you had a question. The hardest part was that it was a short time assignment. The mailroom department was transferred to another State. I would have very much liked to have stayed there, but even the Supervisors were either transferred to the new location or laid off.
Great Turn Key Operation
Career Agent (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GeorgiaJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day at Farmers involves a diversified marketing plan, consultations with client and administrative tasks. Through this position I've gained knowledge of property and casualty insurance and enhanced my marketing development.
Working with friends
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 15, 2015
This was an internship
contacted with current and prospective clients to build and strengthen relationships

Insurance is a rewarding career for the right individual
Not much good to say
Commercial Liability & Casualty Claims Rep (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: one of the leaders in pay
Cons: over worked unless your a minority. white males, good luck.
Can you say micromanagement, which is what all the managers are forced to do. If not they get cut, when I was working their; I saw about 1.5 to 2 employees get fired every month for not meeting some metrics. Such as audits that ARE cherry picked. With 3 audits under 95% you’re caned. Not a great feeling, this is a place with the largest revolving door I have worked at. The bonus is great, 10% of your salary. This if you make it out of their 6 month probation period where they can fire you without cause.
fast paced environment
Real-Estate Intern (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly working environment
Cons: unorganized
Very fast paced working environment. On the daily basis I would greet potential clients and they would come in already knowing which type of insurance they want. From there I would gather all the information needed from the client to generate the best quote. Since Farmers acquire Access Insurance and Bristol West in the mid-2000, I would also generate a quote through those divisions. Lastly, I would present to my supervisor the numbers. From my time at Farmers Insurance Agency, I learned a lot about customer services and the field of customer service.There would be a new task everyday but with the help of my co-workers everything was possible. The most enjoyable part was being able to solve our customer's complication.
Great industry in a well-respected agency
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flexibility with schedule
Cons: working through lunch
Love the job and being able to help and teach our customers what insurance is really about so they can make well informed coverage decisions. Being a problem solver is a must and at the end of the day, when you've helped someone you really get a rush. There's always something new to learn and you'll never encounter the same situation twice!
Telecom Analyst
Telecom Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: telecom billing research
Cons: contract ened
Enjoyed working on telecom billing and research of wireline inventory. Conversion projects for Bullseye and Granite Telecom helped create the wireline database.
Processed all work at home (WAH) order request.
Fast paced, challenging environment with many opportunities
Field Claim Representative- Property Claims (Current Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, flexibility in schedule, compensation
Cons: difficult work/life balance
Farmers claims is a great place to work for variety in the day and continually new situations to adapt to and figure out. There is good interaction with customers and considerable flexibility with the work day and appointments for claims. Claims representatives have the ability to treat their job as their own business to manage to produce the results they want. The hardest part of the job is the unpredictable nature of claims. Some weeks will require 40 hours of work and the next 60 or more based on volume, staffing and the needs of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with customers and the opportunity to have a positive impact on what is normally a difficult and sometimes stressful experience of having damage to their home. I have learned how to be flexible, manage my time, and to adapt to change readily.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos