Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,594 reviews matching the search
Great benefits!
Claims Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 4, 2016
Good money, people are fun to be around, and benefits are very awesome! We have a gym and cafeteria and lots of volunteer opportunities!
Enjoyable work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ione, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoyed to relationships that I was able to create with clients. I also enjoyed helping people with any problem that they had. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with agree customer that I could not calm down. I liked that i could keep busy day to day with filing, answering phone call, making changes to policies, greeting customer, and replying to emails.
Misleads people
Talent & Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 3, 2016
when you work for Farmers District offices you are actually working for an Independent business owner that is not an employee of Farmers. They do not tell you this until after your first day. Many things were told to me in regards to this position that were not true.
Pros
M-F work schedule
Cons
you are expected to network during non working hours which turns your work day into an 11 hour day.
Patient and fast pace, a challenge job for myself
Insurance Agent Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I learned how to treat different kinds of customers during this job. Some of customers will come to our office with a very bad mood, because of they just got into an accident. We have to know how to calm the customers, and give them a professional attitude in order to solve the problem perfectly.
A lot of documentations! People get insurance with an contract, one of our duty is to make sure all the documentations are clearly and completely. Even though most of file are e-file and save in system, we still have to check everything frequently in order to make sure nothing lost. Look everything in detail. Sometimes, a little change on a customer's status, will occur a lot of questions eventually, so we need to be very careful for every single detail.
Be patient and fast pace are very important on this job. Sometimes, we have to wait for a representative call for an hour just for an simple request. I have to be patient to those long-wait calls, I also need the fast pace mind to finish lots of documentations during my working hours.
Working as an agent assistant can learn a lot of experiences form agent and customers. I can experience different situations, and learn how to take care different kinds of problem from this job.
Pros
Flexible woking schedual
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2016
Went in to work pretty early and left at a good time. I loved the management and how flexible they were. I really enjoyed updating all of their social medias and doing different marketing.
Fun place to work
Lead P&C agent (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILFebruary 2, 2016
A normal day has myself working more customer service than selling. I've learned that I love working with people face to face instead of over the phone.
Pros
Working with people face to face, solving problems
Cons
Not being paid commission
Great company, not for the faint of heart
Insurance Agent / property and casualty (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 28, 2016
takes a lot of your time. You have to be really patient and be great when it comes to problem solving. But you do lean a lot when it comes to marking. I was a sales agent so i was mostly an Independent agent. This meant I was going on feet to gather my clients.
Great company
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2016
Auto claims adjuster is hard work, but the company is very flexible with your work schedule which makes it easier to do your job.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Hard to meet deadlines with so many claims to handle.
Insurance Consulting.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 27, 2016
Telemarketing, and collecting data for quotes.
I learned a lot on how to market yourself.
Management was encouraging.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Ever changing market
Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 26, 2016
My job duties vary day to day, there is always something to do and learn, and someone to assist. My co-workers are amazing we are a great team. The hardest part of my job is there is only one of me and 30 people who might need my help in a day, and I like to accommodate all when I can. The most enjoyable part of my job is always learning new things. The management team is great.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive and the salary is not competitive
Farmers is tough place for advancement
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 25, 2016
Farmers is tough place for advancement. I was a meets employee for all my years and received one promotion. Farmers changed their way of evaluations every so often and it became too subjective.
Pros
working from home
Cons
very little recognition
love the people and the place
Farmers Insurance Agent and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Avon, INJanuary 21, 2016
Cold calling binding apps, love my co worker and love my customers wish I could stay on, just not enoughhours love the people and the place
Pros
not enough
Cons
no hrs need more
Strong company
Special Investigations Manager (Current Employee) –  East Meadow, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Overall a great company to work for. Many changes in management and policies sometime makes the work environment stressful.
Challenging and Rewarding
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 19, 2016
As a small business owner, I am responsible for the growth and success of my agency. This includes hiring and managing staff, daily operations, lead generation, sales and managing a client book of business.
Customer service Rep
CSR/AGENT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2016
Opening and closing of office. Performed basic office procedures.
 Cross selling and retention
 Processed Certificates for commercial clients
 Produced and rounded book of business
The day started off with responding to email and phone messages. The job was extremely boring. Not a lot of multitasking as what I am use to in the independent world. The hardest part was finding stuff to do. Enjoyable part was of course helping out the customers that came in.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Not enough to stay busy
Experienced working area
Executive Assistant (Sales Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Family style insurance sub-title company.
Challenge everyday
Tile schedule but quickly learn a lot experiences
Very good Boss.
Strong Sales environment
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The prospect of being your own business owner is a strong draw but when it comes to putting food on the table. The lure was there having worked in the Army for so long and the desire to own my own business made me want to explore the idea of being an insurance agent.
Pros
Being a small business owner
Cons
Competetive business and rates
Enjoyed working as a Test Lead
USA, Senior Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 17, 2016
Enjoyed working at Farmers Insurance Via Capgemini Consulting.It's been great exposure to work with multiple vendor project and interacting with various team.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Diligent, detail-oriented Administrative Assistant knowledgeable of all office functions, with a solid background in the customer service field.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Performs administrative duties that may include screening calls; managing calendars, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and financial data; training and supervising other support staff; and customer relations. Strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
weren't willing to spend on advertising
Insurance Agent- Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2016
little support from corporate, good direct supervisors but, above that level very little help. Long uninformative meetings, and no imput recognized from those in the trenches.
Pros
lots of advancements opportunity
Cons
alwasys had to relocate for promotions tough on a family