Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,087 reviews matching the search
Not Recommended
Agency Owner/Producer (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Woods, MIFebruary 23, 2017
I have never in my life seen a company rate clients with such high auto costs. Its as if they want to go out of business. I do not recommend working for Farmers
Productive work environment with clear goals and solid leadership. Farmers was a great place work with opportunity to grow your career.
Claims Training & Development (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Productive workplace with clear goals. I enjoyed working at Farmers and contributed to a winning team. Development opportunities were available to those who sought them out. Benefits were reduced while I was employed and continue to this day. Opportunities to advance your career depend heavily on your willingness to relocate. Farmers will help with continued education cost if you're looking to complete your MBA or CPCU. Work life balance was reasonable as I did not have to work over 50-60 hours a week most of the time. Farmer's leadership is open to fresh perspective and new ideas in order to improve current processes. The most difficult part of the job was networking outside of current line of business. Farmers could be more willing to allow projects that include different areas of the business to contribute to the overall goal. Overall, Farmers is a great place to work if you're willing to take control of your career and seek out development opportunities.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Difficult to develop outside of defined role
nice job for a student
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAFebruary 22, 2017
this was a nice little job the hour were great the pay was fair and to top it off the customers were great. all in all farmers is a great company who offers a lot to their employees
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed workign here it was a fast paced environmetn i enjoyed my crew members i learned alot of new life skills I liked that i saw different faces all of the time
Pros
free lunhes
Cons
short breraks
It was a good company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2017
The company was good at first but towards the end I felt I was getting passed on moving up due to favoritism. I gave a lot to that company, put in lots of work and I felt I was getting the run around. Before I quit I was promised lots of things that I earned by working hard and never received. Like I said in the beginning working for Farmers was decent job since I liked the solitude of just getting to the office and putting on your headphones and getting to work. I was top producer just about every month, always volunteered to work OT to help with extra loads of work, Trained lots of their employees, always helped, I NEVER was late nor took any days off without weeks or days of prior approval.. I gave my all to that company and to be treated unfair towards the end really disappointed me which is why I quit (btw I never quit a job in my life). Im speaking on behave of the department I worked in (National Document Center). I had some awesome supervisors and others not so awesome. I felt I was being used at times which is another reason I quit.
Was very boring atomsphere.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 20, 2017
Not lot of employees in the office and pay would be late most of the time. Very unorganized company.If need help get hold of anyone.
Pros
Always would do something for your birthday.
Cons
Late hours .
I enjoyed working for Farmer's insurance for the 20 + years.
Senior Policy Service Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 20, 2017
A very nice place to work for at Farmer's insurance .
I learned how to process Appcations/Payment processing / Claims/work in Customer Service center.
Management was great, nothing was hard about my job, I learn fast.
the most enjoyable part of the job, were working as a team.
Pros
Office was close to home.
Cons
Lots of my co-working did not have a positive attitude.
Easygoing environment to work in
Service Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 17, 2017
My entire day at work is sitting in front of two computers as I email agents and make changes to policies as requested. Management seems to be removed from the daily goings-on of the people doing all the work. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the technology and not feeling adequately trained; and the most enjoyable part is knowing how chill everyone is.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of PTO available
Cons
Short breaks, lots of sitting
Great workplace
Senior Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Great opportunities to grow within the company. Everyone was helpful and ready to assist. The hours were a little late but still workable. There were events that the company provided to us from time to time, which was great.
Wow
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time here! Excellent environment to work in and with an amazing team! Great benefits! 10/10 would work here again.
Good Office Atmosphere
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Long Lake, MNFebruary 16, 2017
They didn't supply you with any leads. Without leads it was very difficult to develop a book of business. Every agency is differen though, so it depends on the agency owner as to how successful you can be.
Great coworkers and work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 15, 2017
Management can be a little bit rough at times, but overall the place is generally a great location to work for. Stick to the scripts and you wont find yourself having many issues, though if you deviate from the lines, it could cause you troubles.
Be careful
Agency Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 13, 2017
Job description was not the actual job title. Glorified assistant with no room for growth, or adding to a team, led like a dictatorship.
Pros
Salaried Position
Cons
No breaks of any kind, micromanaged, pay
Enjoyable environment with many opprotunities
additional sales and marketing (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Writing auto, home, and life insurance
Customer service skills at every aspect
Answering phones and taking payments
Attended meetings and trainings
Home inspections
Pros
Worked with many different people and environment was always changing
Cons
Insurance documents can become confusing
Fun place to work! Great training program
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Great job, great people. Tuition reimbursement for continuing education. Room for advancement with Degree. Phone extensive position. Taking auto and homeowner claims from clients.
Pros
Great training program.
Cons
Health insurance has high deductible.
Not for everyone
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 13, 2017
Was difficult to make sales quota with products that were not competitively priced with those of their competitors. Some goals were unrealistic for start-up insurance agencies.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Limited benefits and very competitive
Productive and Inspirtational
Farmers Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day at work is managing customers accounts and convincing prospects to receive our service. The enjoyable and hardest part is the customers.
Pros
Great Employees and Company
Cons
Company flaws and difficult customers
Small but successful company
Marketing Represtative Spanish translator (Former Employee) –  South Ogden, UTFebruary 12, 2017
Only 3 employees
Small group but big insurance
helpful people who work there
Management needs help.
Customer service is amazing!
Front desk office manager/Producer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 11, 2017
Analyzed billing and accounting for Auto /Home policies.
Processed endorsements to change liability, drivers, business names and deductibles.
Bound coverage and policies.
Quoted and wrote Auto, Home, Business, Work Comp and life Insurance policies.
Submitted certificates of insurance and loss run documents.
Advised and educated customers on insurance provisions.
Loved my job and my boss but sadly the agent retired and sold the agency.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Farmers clients.
Pros
Paid lunch hour
Cons
District manager
Worked in a small office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I worked here years ago when I was still in high school. I'm in my 30s now so I honestly can't remember a lot. What I do remember is that everything was fairly simple to learn.
Pros
Holidays PTO
Cons
I can't think of any, it was really a long time ago.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.