Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,861 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun work place
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYAugust 30, 2016
entering data to produce quotes for clients, filing paperwork, handling billing issues, contacting patients for any request that thy have made on behalf of hem and the company and much more. Everyday something knew is learned either on my own or the top agent is teaching us something knew. Management is good but higher management can be low with certain issues, work hand and hand with them. Co-workers are friendly and helpful if needed. Hardest part of the job is getting exactly what the customer wants for them to stay with the company. But I enjoy the fact that company always keeps pushing the agents and gives them little pick me up to show why we should continue to do what we do.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAAugust 29, 2016
The hardest part of the job was trying to find something to do for eight hours. The reason I said that is because my boss didn't have anything for me to do.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Bored
Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth
Insurance Agent/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, WYAugust 29, 2016
I enjoy this opportunity because it allows me for a lot of personal and professional growth. I have expanded my knowledge of insurance and financial services exponentially. I have the opportunity to become as successful as I choose to be since this is a personally owned and operated venture under the guidance of a district manager. I have formed great relationships both with my peers and with the community. Since personal interaction is so important to me it was a great fit in many ways.
Pros
Opportunity to interact with community, set own hours, in office and out of office work settings, lots of learning/growth potential
Cons
Work/personal life balance
visiting properties and good environment in the office
Seller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 29, 2016
great experience and made a good relationship with my boss and enjoyed the great environment inside and oustide of the office
Great work/life balance
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIAugust 28, 2016
Initial pay is great, and benefits are above average. The company definitely places a large emphasis on not having people burn out or overwork themselves.
New Agent Orientation
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAAugust 27, 2016
A typical day at work included a daily routine that ensured messages, packages, and outgoing mail where ready for pick up. The following item would be to adjust calendar according to priorities. After checking in with office staff I began marketing, sales, calls to build business.
Great Place to work fun
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2016
open office make morning phone calls to customers run reports follow up on leads i love my job i get to interact with people all day that's what i love as well as my co workers
Pros
Cons
no cons
Lots of events for employees...Saturday Santa, Trick or Trunk, Employee appreciation week
Document Expeditor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2016
A LOT of overtime. Hard to balance work and personal life. Upper Management is very unappreciative of your hard work and long hours. Management have made it known that she wants her employees to be intimidated by her
Supervisor
Claims Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAAugust 24, 2016
Provide a full range of support services for my managing Attorney. In charge of document preparation, confidential file management, supply ordering, and record maintenance. Coordinate and carry out special events, request, projects, and communication plans. Manage a team of 8 employees conducting Mid and Year End Reviews along with processing timecards
fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 24, 2016
fun place to work, co-workers are nice , boss is great, and location is perfect, always plenty of work to do, which is a good thing, because no one likes to be bored at work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
always lots to do
Enjoyed staying busy.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 24, 2016
I enjoyed the customer interaction. I also enjoyed staying busy. The hardest part was staying within the 40 hours because I was so busy. I didn't have a lot of coworkers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
troup business closed
good job work/family life balance
Litigation Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  fort lauderdale, floridaAugust 23, 2016
the company is getting diverse but still white employment first. Once hired you are given a fair chance to stay employed. fort Lauderdale female managers are clique and white females oriented. the head knows nothing how to investigate, evaluate and settle a claim
They could be areally good company to work for but there needs to be more attention, more compensation and better benefits given to the agents.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me is managing the office going out a visiting new and existing businesses getting to know them and letting them know that we are here if we could be of service them. I really love helping customers figure out the best way to cover their assets and making sure that they can reasonably afford to keep the policies.
Pros
They do believe in rewarding you for a great job.
Cons
The support and compensation is not good at all.
Very fun and productive enviornment
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 22, 2016
Wondeful place with wonderful people, overall liked where i worked even if it was part time
A typical day at work would be walk in the morning, sit on the desk and call people, answer phone calls help the costumers with payments or whatever else they need.
Pros
Just overall fun
Cons
Have to call and call businesses
Great Company to work for
Agent Staff (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDAugust 22, 2016
The company gives you plenty of advancement opportunities and further your growth as a successful agency owner and grow your business and become successful
Pros
great company, plenty of room to advance and grow as an agent
Cons
can't think of any
Great Company
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSAugust 22, 2016
Flexable hours and a great part time job. The agent is amazing to work with. She is open to ideals to bring in more policies.
Great Company Who Cares About It's Employees
Special Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work with a lot of career opportunities for those willing to relocate. Well compensated. Annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
Must be self motivated
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2016
Great job if you have the money to survive the first year. You are building a company and need to be motivated on your own, no one is there to tell you to do better.
Great working environment with little supervision
Trainer/Senior Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2016
Very fun working day as you work from your home and vehicle
Upper management is extremely professional and hard working
All co-workers were very easy to get along with
Employees are great to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 17, 2016
The work is high expectations with no guidance. at times not alot of support or encouragement. You will have alot to do but if you can not complete it then it is held against you when you are asking for help. you can take ownership but also need to delegate and it becomes a double edge sword.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.