Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,217 reviews matching the search
Great and Welcoming Place to Work
Customer Service Representative/Contact Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2017
Farmers has a great corporate structure with a lot of upward mobility and advancement. I always felt like they gave me every opportunity to succeed and were extremely generous with bonuses.
Work hours
Agent Staff (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 28, 2017
I pride myself on stong people skills and found the work hours too restrictive. I like to be 'front of house', assisting customers in the office and on the phone. Home visits were also a favorite use of customer relations.
After a long career I now prefer to fill in a temporary position neededin the office. Office workers being out for appointments, sick days, vacation, etc.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
40 hours, I want to work part time
Friendly workplace
Agent Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2017
The workplace is very comfortable and friendly. Everyone help each other meet their goals. I had no knowledge of insurance and my coworkers were very kind and helpful.
good place
HelpPoint Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 26, 2017
It has good pay. They do micromanage you. They are very big with a lot of employees. They do offer good benefits and pay every two week. nice break rooms.
Can be a fun environment.
Lead Marketer as I learned early on in life (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORApril 26, 2017
If you love insurance this is a great company to work for. There is plenty of room for advancement and you can go as high as you want to go within this company lots of great opportunity
n/a
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAApril 26, 2017
i was working for a close family friend when I was younger and did small duties like run for coffee, open the door for customers, basically any assistant duty, was done by me if I was ever asked to go run/do something for anyone that worked in the office.
Pros
free meals, got to sit down when not busy
Cons
A great place to work towards the end
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 26, 2017
This is a very well established organization that has been around for nearly a century. As with most older companies they go through a transition and Farmers is no different. While they do a great job with work/life balance there are few roles available outside of leadership.
Pros
Strong Foundation
Cons
Slow to change
Great training but not competitive with rates
Independent Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TNApril 26, 2017
Rates are higher than most and not very competitive. Management on the district level could offer more help to agents in order to attain goals set by company and district.
Stressful
Specialty Field Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 25, 2017
Management style is based on fear for your position. Very stressful environment as each month began a new period in which you had to prove yourself and if goals were not met, then your job was in jeopardy.
Productive and fun workplace with good energy
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed working for Farmers Insurance, a typical day of work would include me going into the office and checking my emails. I would converse with my fellow office co-workers about work that needs to be done that day. As the day goes on I would work not the office files, talk with clients and execute what they wanted done as they walked in and whatever else the boss had requested me to do that day.
Pros
Office space
Cons
No room for advancement, no benefits
nice company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 24, 2017
I learned a lot about the insurance industry. The office was culture was great. The new agents were the best part of the job because of their excitement.
Pros
office culture
Cons
Advancement opportunity w/out a bachelors degree
Receptionist and Asssistant to one man Insurance Agency
Receptionist and CSR (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 23, 2017
I answered phones in the beginning while finishing High School. As I learned the insurance industry, my duties were increased to include policy changes and processing.
Pros
Small agency
Cons
Part time
Good experience
Agent (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed the two years as in insurance agent. I learned a great deal about the insurance business. I had great training program. The reason I decided not to pursue this career was because of difficulty to sign people up and build my business.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Difficulty in having individuals change their insurance
Fast pace and demanding working enviornment.
Catastrophe claims adjuster/ppraiser (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 22, 2017
Farmers was an insurance company that gave me job stability but was extremely demanding. If you like to stay busy an never have an opportunity to take a second to take a break. This is the perfect job for you. We had something called a work basket and it seemed like no matter how hard I worked I could never get ahead. I am a very driven and hard working person so I couldn't understand why I always felt this way. This is a great place for anyone who doesn't mind this type of environment.
Pros
work stability
Cons
high stress
I really learned valuable information from my coworkers but they office was a bit boring.
Maximizer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 21, 2017
Great people to work and I learned how to really communicate with people over the phone. Everybody treated me like part of the team right away and it was a friendly atmosphere. The hardest part was trying to connect all the calls to the specific person as they had another office in the same building.The only bad part about working in insurance is that you're doing the same thing over and over, it tends to get boring after a while. Overall I really enjoyed this opportunity and gained valuable experience
A joke
Help Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 21, 2017
Team leads and managers do not often communicate to each other despite the fact they stay in meetings all day rather than do actual work. Absolutely no clear path on how to advance. Most people in the company stay in the position they were hired for till quitting.
Pros
Cafeteria has much to choose from
Cons
Management is bad
The agent I was working for created a hostile environment
Agent (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 21, 2017
I would have loved working in the office I was in, if it wasn't for the agent I was working for. He created an extremely hostile environment, accused employees of many things, even without proof, and went as far as making comments that made his employees extremely uncomfortable.
Pros
I was able to work in a field I love
Cons
The agent I was working for
Good Work/Life balance is better
Program Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 21, 2017
Management changes are very persistent, work culture is okay and I enjoy working with different functional areas. Job security is very hight, if you are able to keep your skills up
Good work environment
Customer Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2017
At Farmers insurance the goal was to provide a memorable customer experience in which was instilled in each employee. The atmosphere of the job as well was great.
You can be your own boss
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 20, 2017
Great opportunity to be your own boss and develop your own book of business and set your own schedule. You simply must show up and want to succeed at your work but it can be done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.