Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,823 reviews matching the search
Great customer service experience
Policy Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 27, 2016
Excellent benefits, good training programs, definite opportunity to advance. Hours can be flexible if needed. Phone intensive environment in either auto insurance sales or service.
Small, personal work space
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 27, 2016
I was an employees' personal assistant, so my review may be biased, but her office only consisted of myself, her, and her boss. Although the space was quite small due to the number of people, the atmosphere was great! The two women I worked with were always happy to talk to clients and during my time there, I never heard a complaint. A typical day consisted of checking & sending any and all mail, black-boxing unneeded clientele files, transferring data from paper documents to digital format, and providing anything else my boss needed from me. It is quite difficult for me to speak upon management. My boss was not "the" boss, and the woman who was "the" boss was not around much, but any time she was, she was the nicest person in the room. The hardest part of the job was answering telephone calls. That was never a part of my job until later on, so it was something to adjust to. This being my first job, my social skills were not all that great, so answering phone calls and having to speak to clients was kind of nerve-wrecking. Second hardest part of the job was writing and sending cards. Where I was employed, customer satisfaction was key, and they were constantly sending out "thank you" cards to those who have been loyal to the company. Aside from the "thank you" cards, I also sent birthday cards to clients who had birthdays approaching. That was not the hard part though, the hard part did not come until the holidays came around. During that time, most of my other work was pushed aside because each and every client on their roster got holiday cards, so every day my shifts consisted  more... of writing "Merry Christmas! From ______ To _______" back to back until my shift was over. That definitely was the hardest part, writing the same thing over and over, then licking all the envelopes, stamping them all, and sending them. Lastly, my third & final hardest part of the job is more of a personal thing, I did not enjoy sitting at a desk for so many hours at a time. This being my first job, I was all for it, but a few hours into my shift, I'd stand up instead of sit because staying still and writing things down all day apparently is not my forte. Although these hard parts of the job exist, I enjoyed my experience there. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my co-workers really cared about the clients. I am the type of person to want to provide the best service to anybody that I am assisting, so seeing that the people I worked with had similar mindsets as myself was very refreshing. Now, there are a few perks to being somebodies personal assistant, and a few of those perks included free lunch, as well as working to your own leisure (although I do not recommend slacking off!), and only having to do the smaller things, the things that are too small for anybody else to do. Laziness is not a quality of mine, but when you get lucky enough to have a job that only requires you to pick up somebody else's slack, it is hard to complain.

***Disclaimer
Not all bosses are the same. Getting hired as a personal assistant can be great and full of benefits, but it could also lead you to being somebodies maid. My review is solely from my own perspective. Going into a personal assistant position will not always be pleasing!!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sitting at a desk all day
Fun and great learning experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJuly 26, 2016
good work/life balance
get to meet a lot of new and interesting people every day
laid back and friendly work environment
Farmers Insurance
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 21, 2016
I was on phones all day talking mostly to agents-sometimes to the insureds and making changes to policies or discussing eligibility. I learned a lot about insurance but there was always more to learn and they frequently changed products, so you had to learn all over again about the new product. I enjoyed management for the most part-they were helpful till this last supervisor I had who was negative frequently and didn't give positive feedback. Hardest part of job was getting questions you never had before even though you've been on the job 8 years. Hard to find answers using their search engine. Helping agents find correct answers to their questions and educating them on how to find the answers themselves was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Covered parking, fair pay and benefits
Cons
No positive feedback from supervisor
Amazing co-workers
Marketer/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Granite Bay, CAJuly 20, 2016
I liked this place it had good co-workers. I did not like one thing is there was a lot of drama. I enjoyed working alone. I've learned a lot about marketing,
Small office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10704July 20, 2016
No security, no long term plans. I've learned a few things in this office, but not trained only teaching myself. I have enough experience to have adapted and follow my steps in this positon, but I need something with more establisment. I'm not mirco managed at all which is good. However, I find myself that I need a but more of a challenge and more growth.
Customer Service
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work is very detailed and hard to complete in 8 hours:

It began with return calls, review emails.

Review liability coverage on insured's policy. Then investigate the loss by Speaking to all involved in the loss, obtain facts of loss, which may take more than one day, then make a liability decision; if our insured was liable for the accident/loss.

If so, set up appointments to meet customers explain the claims process, build rapport and determine if they was make a good witness.
If possibly, obtain copies of medical bills/notes. Attempt to come to an agreement by reimbursing the medical bills and adding generals to compensate for the inconvenience of the loss.

If unable to settle a claim at the time we meet, and if the injuries were severe enough to continue medical treatment, then follow up with customers and find out if treatment is helping and how long will continue treatment.

When treatment is complete, we request medical bills/notes and complete an evaluation of the claim, which may take about 2 weeks to 2 months depends on how long they treated.

Make settlement offers within my authority; otherwise take to Manager for approval.

Co-workers were helpful, encouraging each other to make it through day.

Hardest part of the job: keeping up with numerous phone calls; to return call on the same day and keeping up medical providers for copies of the medical bills/note to evaluate claims.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with the customers explaining the claims process; answering their questions and if/when we agree on
  more... a settlement offer, obtain a signed release and close the claim.  less
Pros
Company vehicle, laptop to work at home, company cell phone
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, worked 70 to 80 hours a week.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 20, 2016
Good company to work for. You meet interesting people and learn a lot about the insurance business. Co-workers are great. I learned a more clear picture as to what goes into an insurance policy
Amazing company with awesome people
Agency Producer (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJuly 20, 2016
I worked for Farmers for 1+ years and it was amazing. I loved the people I worked with and I loved how they ran the office. They were not just any agent you find on the street. They care about people and want to make sure people are covered. They are not out to give just the minimum coverage for the cheapest price to get the sale. A typical day I would make cold calls and receive information for proposals. I learned a lot working there. How to put together a quote and how to address people and the problems they may be having. The management was really good. I feel I could have undergone a bit more sales training but overall a very good management staff. My coworkers were amazing, we had our lady that does billing who calls whenever somebody might be late, she worked out payment plans with customers. She also calls every single customer on their birthdays. Our account manager was very quick and efficient with helping people with their problems. She called on every single renewal and let the customer know if their renewal had gone up or down, she made sure that they received their documents as well. Our agent did the same thing that I did, he called people that he quoted before and made cold calls. He is very knowledgeable in the product and the ins and outs of insurance. The hardest part of the job for me was making sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely helping people out, between having higher coverages and lower deductibles and saving them money at the same time. I loved my time working there and am very grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Free lunches when the office met the goals.
Cons
No benifits like healthcare, dental, vision etc.
Great work-life balance
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job consists of cross training throughout multiple departments. The management is hard working and supportive of all employees.
Easy to get stuck
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  VirtualJuly 19, 2016
Upper management really has no idea what they are doing. Every year something changes and your best chance to succeed is to be mobile and move to California or Texas.
Good company with opportunity
AUTO CLAIMS ADJUSTOR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2016
In claims as a outside adjuster you will go to body shops and tow yards to inspect vehicles daily. Constant contact with insureds and claimants. Fast paced environment.

Underwriting requires continuous contact with agents to rate new business properly based on the exposure. Most of this work is done in office with occasional field work. Also, you will review existing business to assure correct rating.
Busy and productive environment with support from every member to produce
Reserve Agent, Insurance Salesman (Former Employee) –  Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381July 18, 2016
Handle customer needs and services as requested or required on a daily basis. Handled proprietary information and managed information via paper or data entry as needed.
A great place to work, Just a time for change
Transaction Clerk (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJuly 16, 2016
Overall, I enjoy working for a great company such as Farmers insurance, I Would recommend employment per my family/Friends
Pros
Acknowledging your work ethic
Cons
Sometimes finding this out on moment notice
Fun at times
Agency Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 16, 2016
Great place to work. Hard to advance. Very family conscience. Great training. Lots of support. They tend to hire based on who they know with out skills taken into account.
Pros
Always activities and new challenges. Family like environment.
Cons
No benefits and low pay for experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJuly 15, 2016
I was an assistant, so my job was to answer phones, take payments and send out advertise and quotes to new customers.
My co-workers were important to communicate with to make the job go smoothly and seamless.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
slow paced.
Very fast paced and intensive sales job.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJuly 13, 2016
As an Insurance agent and sales person I listen effectively to my prospective clients needs before assisting them with the proper insurance policies. I sold auto, boat, home, rental, and life insurance. I also had experience selling annuities and mutual funds. To perform this line of work I needed to improve my communications skills to build trust to prospective clients, and rapport to existing clients to continue doing business with the company. That also included presentation skills about the products that best fitted their needs and made sure they understood each and every products before they made a decision.
Pros
Working and learning to communicate with a variety of people.
Cons
Very competitive since there are so many insurance companies, and a variety of products in an already saturated market.
Good company culture with excellent benefits/compensation and many opportunities for growth
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 13, 2016
Farmers Insurance is a desirable and competitive company to work for. The culture is good due to a very proactive approach to diversity/inclusion and much effort around employee engagement. The benefits and compensation are better than other large insurers in the area. There is a home office in the Los Angeles area, which is a large campus with many different departments/functions. This creates a large employee network with many opportunities for advancement and career development.
Great co-workers
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 13, 2016
Great co-workers, they are in the same drowning boat. A lot of improving words are mentioned by management but no action taken. If you are not on board with the changes (typically negative) they will not want you to work there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Underpaid, over-worked, no sympathy from manangement
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 12, 2016
Everyday that I was able to help not only clients, but all our agents made it the most rewarding job.