Farmers Insurance Group
1,305 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group United States Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Agent Assistant (Current Employee), Longmont, CoApril 16, 2015
Good office working environment and flexible hours and ability to advance within the company. Telemarketing and selling abilities are very helpful and will help get you additional income.
Android Developer (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAApril 16, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Incredible Company
Receptionist / Marketing (Former Employee), Ozark, MOApril 15, 2015
I literally started from the very bottom, and Farmers wanted to make the most of my time with them. Their a truly loving and supporting Company that wants nothing but to see their employees happy and new Family members (customers) completely covered.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great boss
Cons: I didn't get to work with him long enough
This job offered me a lot of autonomy and gave me the ability to learn some new things. I liked the work and the people I worked with. It was a fund environment and productive.
Family oriented office
Marketing Rep/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oroville, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Work around home life to a degree, Awesome staff
Cons: some staff members seem to micro manage, get upset if things are not done in a particular way or time.
I worked for Farmers Insurance for 18 months. They have always treated me like I was one of their own. Any time I had any personal home life issues with my children, they would work around my schedule. They taught me everything I know about the Insurance industry. I will really miss working with Mark and his dedicated team and I appreciate all the opportunities they have given me!
Stressful Job
Office Manager/Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2015
Took on a role of many while working there from recruiter, manager, IT person, Admin, Customer Service and so on. I never saw my pay increase although I did see my work load increase significantly.
Constant Flow
Document Expeditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2015
Was responsible for data entry of paperwork sent out, and returned in the claim process. Would process thousands of documents a day. Pare and electronic.
Farmers is a great company to work for.
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIApril 10, 2015
A typical day at work can be very busy at times. I have learned to manage my time, become an expert in customer service and adhere to schedule. I have great co-workers and managers that really care how well I do. They make sure I have the skills needed to succeed. The hardest part of the job is job security. Reviews are 50% in hands of customers who are not always fair about their surveys. There are also many changes that happen weekly and it's hard to keep up with new procedures. What I enjoy the most is being able to help the customer and make the process as easy as possible for them. I enjoy being able to resolve any issues they have and answer their questions.
Real Professional and nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2015
I basically answered the phones and assisted customers with inquiries about insurance. I also faxed information about our services to various customers and businesses. I learned a lot about sales and insurance itself.
Very friendly Enviroment!
Marketer (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Pay, environment, employees.
Cons: There were none.
Working at Farmers in Georgetown was the best part of moving here so far. I loved the workplace and the employees, especially my boss! I would never feel like I was below anyone higher than me, which felt great.
Horrible
Senior Claims Adjustor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 7, 2015
Shady business practices. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap! Call centers micromanaged. Professionals poorly treated. They employ the buddy system for advancement. Worse place I have ever worked. Company creates an unnecessary stressful work environment.
Productive and fun workplace with zim, ping pong table etc
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2015
Pros: Lot of opportunities, Diversed Culture
Cons: Technology
Dynamic work environment. Always new projects and initiatives. Company moved to wood lands. It you are closer to wood lands good pay yo work
Productive, fun, encouraging, engaged environment.
Claims Supervisor (Multiple Lines) (Current Employee), Caledonia MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: Engaged co-workers, great culture
Cons: -
Daily interaction with team members and different lines of business all working together to provide the best customer service experience.
Productive enviroment, and positive culture.
Insurance Professional (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent training.
Cons: Independent Contractor.
It's fine. It was not for me. My training and education were not challenged. For some it may present a perfect opportunity. If you enjoy being on the phones and telemarketing is your cup of tea then you will be thrilled at the prospect of working for Farmers.
bad
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2015
LITTLE TRAINING, HARD TO OBTAIN GUIDANCE SUPPORT. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO FIGURE THINGS OUT ON YOUR OWN. WHICH MEANS THAT AT THE BEGINNING YOU WILL TURN OFF CUSTOMERS WHICH HITS HARD WHEN YOU HAVE TO FIGHT JUST TO GET TO TALK TO CUSTOMERS.
farmers insurance
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 1, 2015
Farmers is an excellent company to work for. I work for a great boss and have awesome co workers. Our team is works at our own pace and are rewarded nicley
Farmers Insurance Group improves their analytic capabilities for business profitability decisions by providing standardized premium and loss data reso
Sr.Report developer (Business Objects & Tableau) (Current Employee), Los angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
 Meeting extensively with end users/clients to understand requirements.
 Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
 Strategized project scoping and specifications documents, to clearly communicate the project roadmap.
 Created one complex dashboard which consists of 5 years of data through live office feed.
 Designed, Created and Managing Business Objects Universe.
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Depends on personality
Agency Producer/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), san diego, caMarch 30, 2015
There is potential to make a lot of money, but you have to be willing to invest a lot of time and money to make it. The company is also very restrictive in new business it is willing to take, which makes things more difficult for you. You are investing the time and money to find customers but it is very possible you won't have a product that works for the customers you are able to quote.
challenging
underwriter (Former Employee), Orange County, CAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: free food during birthdays and holidays
Cons: no benefits
Meet different kind of customers and can interact with them and learn some ideas from them. The manager trained us hard to learn the business, my co-workers become my friends. fun to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos