Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,028 reviews matching the search
Fast pace environment requiring a person adaptable to change.
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 19, 2017
I worked at Farmers Insurance Group for 40 years. In that time I raised 3 children on my salary. I lost my husband in 2013 and the company let me take time off for in home care until he passed from Cancer. Even thou they closed the office here in Pocatello I respected there financial decision to do so. I processed data entry in a fast pace environment. Took phone calls. Processed documents. You had to be able to quickly adapt to change.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally. Team spirit. Flex time was great!
Cons
Advancement was not locally available very often.
fun working enviroment and understanding boss
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 18, 2017
I call and offer potential customers the chance to get the best insurance rate possible. I enjoy working part time in the evenings so I can also have a full time day job
Pros
part time
Cons
nothing
Relaxed work environment with lots of opportunities to shine.
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 18, 2017
Volunteering with Dynamic Life is a blast! It was a blessing to watch those around me grow as individuals. Even with all of the fun we had, we took our positions very seriously. We each went above and beyond to serve our customers. The spirit and enjoyment that would come alive was my favorite part.
Pros
Free water, video games, snow cones, blow horns, and an awesome experience!
Cons
No pay.....sometimes you have to hold a sign.....
Great company
Service Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Very interesting place to work. A lot of room to grow with the company. They pay attention to their employees needs as well as they can in a corporate business.
I hated selling insurence
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  , nobody likes to by itJanuary 16, 2017
I passed the state exaime, got a great job, with the perfect hours when you have a child in school, but after 10 years on and off, I really did not like selling ins.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Insurance sucks to sell
Need structure
Agency Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MIJanuary 16, 2017
District Managers need help dealing with people. The Michigan Farmers is in trouble with pricing because of the PIP situation. Legislature needs to change.
Really Disenfranchised
Auto, Homeowners, and Umbrella sales (Former Employee) –  call centerJanuary 15, 2017
There is favoritism; when 21st was acquired by Zurich group of companies, they made a mistake putting Farmers on the list. Most of the Farmers agents were uninformed victims that merely took a blow to the chops. We were encouraged as call center agents to work with the exclusive or field agents who would sometimes call us because they could not get a contract through usually as a result of claims or tickets. There was a lot of time between calls, and I always took overtime when I could to meet the goals. I acquired a low metric of performance regardless of meeting goal which netted a result of my being grouped in a quorum of low performers without the same acumen and work ethic and all of us marked for "transition". There were other people who performed lower and had more seniority and tenure as well achieved the minimum acceptable rating somehow were not called or singled out.
Pros
Solid learning experience and programs
Cons
management might scrape their eyebrows on their colon
Enjoy meeting all types and ages of people.
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 15, 2017
Enjoy working as an agent and the daily challenges that come with it. I am looking for more of a part time position. Love the agency but to be a successful agent you must be 100% involed.
Poor place to work
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 13, 2017
Started out a good place to work, I loved it for 12 years. Before I left it was almost impossible to keep up with their demands and they seem to have lost all compassion for their employees. You kind of feel like they treat you only by what your progress and numbers are. It was a demanding job, which I really loved for so many years, but they made so many changes that took the local and compassionate customer service out of the company.
Pros
Salary was good, and they promoted within
Cons
No compassion for employees
working with people its the best
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAJanuary 13, 2017
Farmers Insurance Company it was a grate place to work beacause I love to work with peolple help them with their needs. I enjoy working with Farmers Insurance Company because I learn lots of things.
Productive fast paced work place
Farmers Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Working at farmers was very rewarding, there is a lot of room to grow can definitely make a career even if you only tart of as a customer service representative. The hardest part was probably keeping track of all the people that you need to follow up on.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benefits
Corporate Job
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJanuary 13, 2017
High volume customer service call floor that teaches you how to be patient and adaptable to corporate change.

Management is okay but when an issue is escalated there knowledge is lacking.

Co-workers are the best part of this job. They are friendly and helpful and always concerned with providing help as needed.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the corporate changes that seem to rotate from what they where before to something a little different then back again on a annual basis.

The most enjoyable part was able to provide assistance to agents in such a fashion as they understood it but also was able to explain it and reproduce it processing wise.
Pros
Good Team Enviroment
Cons
Corporate
Nice people, okay job
Liability Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 12, 2017
The job is okay - not quite as advertised, but the coworkers are nice enough. Dealing with people is rough and the company has added more work without more pay, but I guess it could be worse.
Excellent work environment. Company offices no longer in Idaho
Service Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Pocatell, IDJanuary 12, 2017
Flexible work day, many opportunities for advancement and personal growth. Excellent benefits and retirement plan. Company relocated to other states, unable to relocate with company due to personal obligations
Pros
Fun team building activites, ongoing training opportunities, opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Cons
Company relocated out of state and Idaho virtual positions not available.
Good workplace
Farmers Insurance Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Farmers insurance is a good place to work. Great people to work with and management has done things to make the teams cohesive. I enjoyed working there.
Large Insurance Co
Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 10, 2017
I have worked for 40 years at Farmers Insurance was displaced because of company moving out of Pocatello. Farmers Insurance was agreat company to work for.
Great place to work and help people stay safe
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 10, 2017
I have been in the insurance industry for several years now and have really grown fond of the relationships I have built with clients as well as colleagues. I would recommend this line of work for anyone that is not afraid to put in a lot of hard and reap the the high rewards as well.
Productive and fast pace work days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I worked part-time at this job for two years and 1 month. I was the customer service representative at Farmers Insurance. I was in charge of helping customers with their insurance policies with questions and when they had to pay their premium. I also learn about sales and about life insurance and business
In over all great experience
C.S.R/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Always was predictable, very easy and smooth. Working with people is always nice. Learn new things everyday. The company was about selling insurance, mostly life insurance. Had to call to report claims.
Good people to work with
Fields Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2017
process claims documents, take pictures, write estimates, gather evidence and information for claims investigations, submit payments to customers and clients, negotiate settlements
Pros
Good company discounts
Cons
Long hours and lots of travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.