Farmers Insurance Group

1.4K reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, managment needs more experience
Commercial Service Advocate II (Current Employee), TexasJuly 28, 2015
Pros: experience, environment
Cons: advancment is far and few inbetween
Wonderful people, management didn't have much experience with the products, truly learned on the job. Overall I would recommend the company if your looking for job security, but not for advancement. If you're willing to relocate then advancement can come back into play for you.
Good company with good opportunities. Good chance for advancement or position changes within organization
Senior Property Claims Representative (Former Employee), Lisle, ILJuly 28, 2015
Pros: company car, being able to work independently w/out being micomanaged
Cons: climbing roofs got old, advancement only applied to ability to those who can travel over long periods or be relocated
Good company with good leadership team. Good benefits and paid time off. Good benefits package.

Once tenured, company allows you to work independently.

Great continuous training.

Room for advancement applies when able to travel or be relocated.
Bait and Switch
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Emeryville, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Nice office
Cons: No work/ life balance
The people in my district office are great people to work with. Their training is top notch and you get a good grasp of their system before you actually start. The bad news comes after the training. I was being sent to numerous places all over the Bay Area and I was getting calls from clients pretty late at night. You will also have different managers telling you different things and each will get upset if their way is not followed. Overall, I grew unhappy as time went by. The money they promised is your revenue and not your profit. Yes you can make good money, but really all you're gaining is experience.
Fun Place
Service Advocate (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 28, 2015
Loved my Co Workers. Great place to work. Lifetime of Accomplishments.. Typical day at work was on the phones non-stop especially during natural disasters.
small slow paced office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little to no chance for advancment
I would open office check voice mail and emails. enter in any client payments. call clients for payments due, review of policies.
I learned how to preform insurance estimates and write insurance policies. I worked in the office by myself mostly . the owner was available for appointments or via phone or email. hardest part of this job was pushing people to buy things they couldn't really afford. the most enjoyable part of this job was the thank you calls and cards I got from my policy holders
Productive and Challenging Environment
Development Manager (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAJuly 27, 2015
Farmers Insurance Group provided me with the skills and training necessary to run a small business. Everyone was always helpful and available when needed.

A typical day at work was receiving new candidates and interviewing them for a future with Farmers. Once qualified, they would participate in a fast-paced training environment.

The hardest part of the job was being available to everyone on a moments notice.

The easiest part of the job was being able to see the excitement on the faces of all the new agency owners as they began being successful in their business.
stimulating work environment
Agency owner and Insurance agent (Former Employee), Seattle, WaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: great training programs
Cons: evening hours often required
I love the sense of owning ones business as that is a great motivator to grow the business. Being able to hire your own assistance and choose your own office space really appealed to me.
Farmers is a good place to work - good management and training
Med/PIP office legislative liaison (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 26, 2015
Cons: Limited advancement locally
The people I have encountered at Farmers are hardworking, honest and take pride in their work. They are a young, energetic, fun group of people and many are in the early stages of their career.

Claims is a difficult jobs and can be challenging. As with any job, some days are tougher than others.
You can probably do better.
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Mercer Island, WAJuly 24, 2015
The pay is okay, the benefits aren't great and the culture is poor. If you're lucky you'll get a supportive manager but you'll still struggle with support from anywhere else.
Its just okay...
Centralized Property Claims Representative (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2015
Great salary and job security. Leadership has a tough time building a positive culture..making great strides though. They've been overall pretty good to me since I started
Overworked and underpaid
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Olathe, KSJuly 23, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: overworked and underpaid
If your are not a butt kisser do not even bother applying. No matter how hard you work they always find a reason to complain. very stressful job
productive quiet work place
Internship (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: experiance
Cons: no pay
I assisted agents with marketing pieces, did mail merges and mailings to customers, made customer data bases and answered phones
Productive workplace
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), Cathedral City, CAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Primary agent was very knowledgeable
Cons: Work enviorment was hostile
The most enjoyable part of my job is educating my clients on what type of coverages they have to protect their families. I have learned that I will never stop educating myself on how to better protect my cleints.
Great placem to work!!
Receptionist (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Being by yourself and having your own space (desk area)
Cons: No break, No customers
Answering phones, telemarketing also. Providing great customer service and trying my best to be an lovely employee. The hardest part of the job was not interacting with the customers directly. I learned how to approach different situations with the telemarketing position.
Multitasker
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2015
Hard worker, always multitasking to get the job done the most efficient with the max potential. I am always willing to lend a helping hand.
Its ok
Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee), Kirkland, WAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: company car, fully funded retirement account
Cons: claims
Management is difficult. You will carry a large claim load and there is nothing fun about yelling on the phone all day long. However if you are ok with the issues the job is a fun place with lots of comraderie.
Environment suited to learning and helping customers meet/exceed their insurance needs
Office Assistant - Finance (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Welcoming team members and professional environment
Cons: Mininum wage
A typical day consists of utilizing client records to input data within a particular software, reconciling accounts payable and receivable accounts, assisting clients with change in policies or updating records regarding premiums.
Management maintains an open door policy regarding suggestions and also any additional training required for success within the position.
I suppose the hardest part of the job is the hourly salary which does not enable financial independence.
Great place to start to learn what it is like to have a full time job.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Plano, TX 75025July 21, 2015
I would do anything in the office. From taking calls, folding letters to be delivered, driving to take pictures of newly insured houses, and any type customer service that was needed.
Working for...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I had a great boss. We all ate lunch together and the environment was very laid back which is not to be confused as easy. It was a very professional business but we had fun and did or work diligently as well. SO it was a great place to work at.
Busy and great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Luling, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Working alone sometimes
I would take payments, print billing summaries, and answer phones. I learned how to not be awkward on the phone and how to make payments for people. My manager worked very quickly and knew everybody or almost everybody that walked in the door. My co-worker is an old retired insurance agent and he took payments and notorized papers. The hardest part of the job was when I was alone and had every phone ringing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the manager didn't care if I was on my phone or on social media when nobody was in the office.
Headquarters