Farmers Insurance Group
1,336 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Fantastic work environment
Senior Medical Subrogation Representative (Former Employee), Renton WaMay 21, 2015
Farmers is a work environment that was transparent, honest, and aggressive in achieving daily goals. I had a great time learning and working beside some of the best at Farmers Insurance. Everyday was completely different and rewarding in its own way.
Decent Place
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILMay 21, 2015
Office drama needs to stop. Management is good. Benefits could be better, but good opportunity for advancement in corporation.
Its okay, not the best but you can earn a decent living
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, fast paced, always learning something new, good products and claims
Cons: No breaks, no advancement, overworked, poor management of agents, stiff growth requirements
I have worked at the agency level for 8 years. I am the only full time employee for a large agency so I am overworked and really no way to advance within the agency, even though in areas I know more the then actual agent and customers prefer me over the agent. When I started customer service was the number one priority followed by sales and marketing, as the years have gone on the company as well as the agent I work for has forgotten about customer service and only cares about sales. While you need to sell and grow, if you are not servicing your customers fairly or doing the right things your going to go backwards.

The agent I work for cares more about golfing then selling and tends to put the stress of growth on my shoulders when I am already overloaded with the daily activities of running his agency. I think that Farmers needs to monitor and manage agents better.

Farmers itself is a good company I believe we do have one of the best claims processes out there and our claims people are wonderful and fair. Our system has come a long way since I started and is much more user friendly. Our rates are all over the board I dont think Farmers will ever really figure that out but we are at the very least competitive at the moment against our biggest competitors so thats a positive. I do wish Farmers did more for the clients insured with them for 20+ years I feel like customer service has taken a backseat with the company as well. I also wish upper management would spend time in agencies so they can see what it is like to use our system on a daily basis and the struggles we see day to day to get a better understanding of system changes and functionality in the future.
Tough Work Life Balance
Claims (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, Virtual
Cons: Work following you home
It was difficult to have your work not follow you home. The culture and benefits steadily declined. Coworkers were great because they understood and were going through the same things you were.
A place where you CAN make a full time insurance living
RESERVE AGENT (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great backing from the company
Cons: never stops
best to begin young-
They have excellent programs to enhance Farmers Agency owners on all levels as long as you have the time, family support, and financial backing of banks to get the business started quickly and raise to the top without hesitation if you are able to follow their business plans for growth.
As an insurance provider- they are fantastic.
As an educator of insurance to the public - they are the leaders
Hard dedicated work can prove itself in so many ways. A 24/7 - 365 day job- no time to relax- fun the whole way through for those who want financial success
Look Elsewhere
Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2015
Pros: Fair pay and benefits
Cons: Short sighted and self-serving management
Perhaps some have had good experiences working with Farmers Insurance. For me, I can only comment on the Total Loss Department. This was a very negative experience.

The claim volume is very high. With such a heavy claim volume, it was difficult to keep on track of inventory control, phone calls, and to adequately monitor activities. Supervisors would use the most minute thing to write an employee up and put them on disciplinary action. The supervisors and managers did not really care anything about the employees on a personal level, and they seemed to completely disregard the entire workforce. It seemed like every week at least one person was being terminated for whatever reason. There were always many others who were leaving just because they could not handle the workload. When asking most people about why they were leaving, it was not because they minded doing what was asked of them, but it was because they were always being threatened by the management.

The Total Loss Department should have been called A Total Wreck or a Total Disaster in and of itself. I give each of the Total Loss supervisors and managers an F- based on the way so many of the employees were treated.

If you are looking for employment, don't bother if you are being offered a job in the Total Loss Department. There are much better companies to work for, and this department does not deserve you.
Fun people to work with
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: my own boss
Cons: competetiveness
I had a good time working with Farmers insurance, i had help from my co workers and management with anything i had a question about. it's a tough industry, unfortunately it was not for me.
Great place to work.
Data Entry Estimating Claims (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2015
The company is great. The management and co-workers are great. This is a company that I would have loved staying with on a permenant basis. They are community and family oriented. Loved working for Farmers Insurance Group.
Great company
Manager of Recruitment (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 13, 2015
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunity. A financially strong and growing company. I truly believe the agency owner opportunity is the best small business opportunity in America.
Small office with proffesional workers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawndale, CAMay 12, 2015
In a typical day of work, i would answer telephone inquiries, as well as process payments over the phone and help customers with questions regarding their policies. I learned how to call/communicate with different banks/escrow companies regarding mutual clients. The co workers there were ok for the most part, every one did their job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult clients, an the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people obtain their auto or home policies.
Enjoyed working in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment
Claims Clerical Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TX and Stafford, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced, working with customers on a daily basis
Cons: Preparing and presenting performance reviews to the clerical staff
I enjoyed working in an auto claims office and helping the customers through the claims handling process. This was a fast-paced environment and the job duties varied from day to day.
Good Company, but chose the wrong independent owner.
Licensed Property and Casualty Sales Producer (Former Employee), East McKeesportMay 10, 2015
Pros: Good Products
Cons: Training in Robinson Township
I enjoyed selling Farmer's products, but be careful who you work for. That could make or break the job. I sold Farmer's through an independent agent.
Very productive and demanding job
Agent Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2015
Pros: It is always different
Cons: Short breaks
As an agent assistant, I was in charge of making cold calls, which sometimes can be harsh, but also challenging and really different. Everyday at the office was different, it was either making phone calls or looking for events Farmers could go and sponsor.
High volume
Service Advocate II (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMay 6, 2015
Great company that cares for it's employees and ensures they are both happy and well compensated. Challenging but worth it.
Micro-managed
Technical support (Former Employee), Austin TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Pay was okay. sometimes breakfast was brought in, or lunch on holidays
Very micro-managed. Rules of management changed everyday according to their moods when they rated calls.
Our job duties would be added to all the time so that the managers did not have to evaluate tickets to the cobalt team.
CSSR
Customer Sales Service Representative (Current Employee), Katy, TXMay 5, 2015
Nice people. A lot of cold calls. No benefits. Opportunities in getting licensed. Hardest part is closing sales. Good company but not a lot of opportunities for movement in agencies
Positive Work/Life Balance/Low Employee Engagement
System Transition and Support Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaMay 5, 2015
Pros: Diversity of work and ability to work with many teams
Cons: Employee Engagement
Farmers Insurance is a great place to work. In the early years, the opportunity for advancement was great and I was able to take advantage of that with hard work and dedication. Those opportunities have become less available due to the elimination of some positions.

I enjoy my co-workers, but overall employee engagement is low. There is problem with management not following through on promises. This has gotten better after the employee engagement hit an all time low a couple of years ago, but is still not where it should be.

In a typical day I work directly with multiple teams including, IT, Underwriting, Claims, Internal Audit, Training and the Executive team regarding technical issues.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the diversity of the projects I work on and the analytic skills I apply every day. As a communications major, I have learned the ins and outs of system implementation, information technology, project management, claims, underwriting, vendor implementation/management and employee management.

I do greatly appreciate the projects my management team has allowed me to participate in to learn all of these skills.
Small business - very personal
Sales/New Agent Training Administrator (Former Employee), Stafford, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: no advancement
This is a great place to work if you're ok with the job you have. I learned a lot about sales and people management thanks to a great manager myself and co-workers.
worked for a great company until drastic changes, changed the company
Sr Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), la mirada cailforniaMay 4, 2015
upon my employment with Farmers insurance Group it was the most exciting times for me and my family I I worked for the best group of management staff
Solid Insurance Company
Catastrophe Response Team Claim Representative (Former Employee), VirtualMay 1, 2015
As far as insurance companies go, this one would be the best one for which to work in the claims department. The benefits and compensation package was much better than others that I have seen.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Salaries

Claims Adjuster
$48,000 per year

Farmers Insurance Group Photos

Farmers Insurance
Opportunity of a lifetime.
Blue Vase Award Recipient