Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,886 reviews matching the search
They could be areally good company to work for but there needs to be more attention, more compensation and better benefits given to the agents.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me is managing the office going out a visiting new and existing businesses getting to know them and letting them know that we are here if we could be of service them. I really love helping customers figure out the best way to cover their assets and making sure that they can reasonably afford to keep the policies.
Pros
They do believe in rewarding you for a great job.
Cons
The support and compensation is not good at all.
Good company
Auto Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 23, 2016
sitting behind a desk every day fixing problems and getting auto quotes and make sales. learned how to work the system and how to understand how to use it. manager is a good person very smart and teaches us what you need to know about the business. like my coworkers they are very helpful and they explained things in more detail. the hardest part of the job is trying to not to make any mistake, even though there will be a couple of mistake. the most enjoyable part of the job is to not having to work the weekend.
Productive and fun work place
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYAugust 30, 2016
entering data to produce quotes for clients, filing paperwork, handling billing issues, contacting patients for any request that thy have made on behalf of hem and the company and much more. Everyday something knew is learned either on my own or the top agent is teaching us something knew. Management is good but higher management can be low with certain issues, work hand and hand with them. Co-workers are friendly and helpful if needed. Hardest part of the job is getting exactly what the customer wants for them to stay with the company. But I enjoy the fact that company always keeps pushing the agents and gives them little pick me up to show why we should continue to do what we do.
Okay to work for, mostly if you are male
N/A (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 14, 2016
I have worked for the company for years with only being able to advance a few times, not for lack of bad reviews or lack of trying.

Work life balance is always difficult, you are expected to do much more than time allows for. I have personally not had support, ever from my direct supervisor.

Training is great, systems work most of the time. Health insurance is expensive with huge deductible, we get it cheaper through my spouse's company, which is much smaller. Retirement is matched pretty high and flexible schedules are a bonus.

Advancement and higher starting salary is primarily given to male candidates.
Pros
Retirement, coworkers
Cons
Upper management has no idea what happens on ground level
Lots of opportunity for personal and professional growth
Insurance Agent/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Douglas, WYAugust 29, 2016
I enjoy this opportunity because it allows me for a lot of personal and professional growth. I have expanded my knowledge of insurance and financial services exponentially. I have the opportunity to become as successful as I choose to be since this is a personally owned and operated venture under the guidance of a district manager. I have formed great relationships both with my peers and with the community. Since personal interaction is so important to me it was a great fit in many ways.
Pros
Opportunity to interact with community, set own hours, in office and out of office work settings, lots of learning/growth potential
Cons
Work/personal life balance
I love my customers and helping them understand insurance
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work is taking customer phone calls and updating records or quoting new business.

The hardest part of the job is balancing new rate increases with our good product when everyone's dollar is being stretched.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my customers who always make me smile and even when they are having a bad day we are able to make it better just by the fact that they know I care about them as a person.
Pros
Can be a good environment for growing and learning
Cons
Rate increases, no benefits
No support from the team above the agent level
Licensed Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Phila PaAugust 10, 2016
Must review client files, up sell coverage or policy to eligible clients, Answer all calls and direct to appropriate departments. Mail merge of all correspondence such as notice to increase rates, discounts available, past due bills, acknowledgement of client claims. Telemarketing for new client. Market management to best utilize spending for advertising and client acquisition.
Pros
1 mile from my home
Cons
Online insurance companies makes brick and mortar office unnecessary.
Good Products, but low managments skills
Agent (Current Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Farmers is offering a very good homeowners, boats, motorcycles, commercial products, competitive to others. But as long for commercial lines they do have a very high professional skills underwritings, so than for personal lines included life products is TERRIBLE. The level of underwriters professional skills is discounting, they don't use commonsense in decision making, only guidelines, which is horrible.
Great place to work but takes time to advance or see a return.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIAugust 2, 2016
MY typical day would consist of answering the phone and responding to emails and customer requests. I learned a lot about insurance and the varies coverage's and types of insurances. Management was not there too much nor was there much training. The hardest part of my job was trying to sell to insurance to new customers because sometimes our prices were more than the competition.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
you pay for your classes and training for insurance license.
Great opportunity for a driven person!
Licensed Sales Agent/Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIJuly 28, 2016
It is an opportunity to be a small business owner. Days are long; but you have the daily opportunity to interact with various people. District Managers are fantastic and help you grow your business. Other agents are also always around to help you when you have questions.
Pros
You get to be your own boss and your success is truly based upon your drive and motivation to grow!
Cons
Takes a long time to grow a business from scratch!
Enjoyable company to work for
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 23, 2016
Enjoyed the everyday challenges of management such as recruiting, counseling and striving to accomplish the company goals. The hardest part of the job was answering to the public things I could not control. Probably the most enjoyable was the company trips I was able to take my wife on for surpassing quotas and objectives.
Pros
freedom to set my own hours
Cons
responsibility to help agents be successful
I really enjoyed my time at Farmers Insurance!
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at Farmers was exciting and fast paced. Loads of responsibilities kept me busy. I learned a lot about the car insurance business. My co-workers were happy, helpful and ready to work. The management was always available, and ready to help when necessary.The hardest part of the job was keeping the number of closed claims at a reasonable level. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the work load. Even though it was a challenge at times the feeling of accomplishment dissipated any of the anxiety that may have risen during the day.
Pros
The pros of Farmers was the environment.
Cons
The cons were being monitored and compared to other employees for the number of claims worked.
Workplace close to home
Licensed Property and Casualty Agent (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKAugust 31, 2016
Management was not what I liked and how they treated clients wasn't a way in which I believed they should be treated. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients and being one on one with them. I was in charge of the office and handling all claims, clients, services, new enrollments, accounting and anything else that needed to be done.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor Management
Good company with opportunity
AUTO CLAIMS ADJUSTOR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2016
In claims as a outside adjuster you will go to body shops and tow yards to inspect vehicles daily. Constant contact with insureds and claimants. Fast paced environment.

Underwriting requires continuous contact with agents to rate new business properly based on the exposure. Most of this work is done in office with occasional field work. Also, you will review existing business to assure correct rating.
Good company culture with excellent benefits/compensation and many opportunities for growth
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 13, 2016
Farmers Insurance is a desirable and competitive company to work for. The culture is good due to a very proactive approach to diversity/inclusion and much effort around employee engagement. The benefits and compensation are better than other large insurers in the area. There is a home office in the Los Angeles area, which is a large campus with many different departments/functions. This creates a large employee network with many opportunities for advancement and career development.
Leadership in Insurance Sales that excels in promoting long-term agency success through proactive marketing and quality customer service.
Insurance Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 12, 2016
Farmers Insurance is focused and dedicated to the insurance profession. They are motivated to provide superior customer service and drive sales through cold calling, referrals and strategic outside marketing activities.
The results-oriented Insurance Sales Agent with experience in automotive, life and property insurance will excel in this business.
Great people to work with, but management is a mess
Field Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 5, 2016
The company structure doesn't lend to team building, but the every day worker is great. Management has no clear, coherent guidelines or synergy. The insurance business can be ambiguous and if you need clear instruction and disciplined environment don't apply.
Pros
Flexibility, people, hours
Cons
Management, no clear expectations, work life balance
Productive, Fun and Safe environment
Office Manager and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 1, 2016
Working for Farmers has help me in many ways. It very easy to work for a company that always give you the opportunity to grow and expand. My co-workers are great and the office environment is productive. I enjoy helping customers feel safe and secure when leaving my office. Base my years of experience I can help my peers achieve their goals or help overcome an objective.
Pros
not working weekends
Cons
working with spouse in same office.
Licensed Insurance producer
Agency Producer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 31, 2016
I produced a relationship with them as a business opportunity which involved extensive training and licensing requirements while working as a HVAC technician. They also had several others recruited into this office at the same time. Eventually obtaining my own agency number.
Pros
Supportive and offered discounts and financing options.
Cons
Very competitive environment.
Enjoyable job, lack of advancement possibilities
Field Claims Adjuster-Auto (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
Typical day started with customer calls identifying damages to vehicle, locating vehicle, andverifying coverage(s).
Learned more of behind the scenes activities; i.e. shop dealings, upset customers and making them happy.
The most difficult part of the position would have to be working in the elements and rain.
The most enjoyable part of my time with Farmers would have to be keeping the customer informed on how his/her vehicle repairs was going and letting them know that all unforeseen issues had already been addressed.
My manager and co-workers were professional and helpful.
Pros
Freedom of making own schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement