Farmers Insurance Group
1,178 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Fun Work Environment
Agency Marketer (Current Employee), Rockwall, TXDecember 22, 2014
My co-workers were fantastic and my manager was awesome. Work environment and work culture is great. Loved working for them. Many ways to grow in the company. Would work for them again.
Well Structured Agency
Agency Producer and CSR (Current Employee), Springfield, MODecember 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility, hours, wages
Working for my parent's agency has been a very positive thing for me. Since it was started back in the early 90's it has grown to over 3000 PIF (policies in force). With that volume of customers, I was able to gain experience addressing a variety of customers needs as well as developing knowledge of the different products.
Seeking Greater Opptys
Financial Advisor, Insurance Broker, Estate Plans (Current Employee), Avondale, AZDecember 21, 2014
Select opportunities may be available for credible candidates. There are some excellent leaders and managers. There are tenured executives in the company who are not productive or competent.
Farmers
Farmers Insurance (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 21, 2014
I worked about 8 hours a day, sometimes more. Electronically indexing emails, faxes, and paper documents that came in our system. We had to get them filed in a timely and correct manner.
Insurance Group
Customer service supervisor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2014
Pros: very educational on insurance
Cons: hard work
Worked in several departments and learned a lot about all types of insurance
Company with good intentions and a good heart
Field Property Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), New JerseyDecember 19, 2014
Company with good intentions and a good heart. As any large corporation the size equates to more guidelines.
Fun place to work, just not always working for personal life.
Customer Care Advocate II (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 16, 2014
Pros: always showing appreciation.
Cons: late hours working, i am an early morning person.
A typical day at work is answering the phones to assist a customer, this may include giving a quote, breaking down a bill, making changes on a policy, explaining the coverages on a policy, making billing adjustments on a policy.

Always the opporunity to learn something new, our system has updates on a weekly always having to read and stay up on the – more... changes.

When you get a call and it is really nothing you can do to help that customer due to certain issues or problems.

When you finish a call and you know you have given the best to that customer. – less
Fun Environment
Quoter/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good boss
Cons: sales
Good at working around a flexible schedule. Work is repetitive.
You get what you give
Insurance Reserve Agent (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 13, 2014
Pros: potencial for success
Cons: no guarantees
Insurance is hard work with no guarantees. It is a lot of work to establish your client network, get your licenses and to hit your goal. The Idea sounds simple but there is a reason everyone's not a millionaire it a lot of work with no pay in the beginning with the hope that you make money to pay the bills and will start to become established. Its a – more... lot of work with no guarantees. – less
constant changing
Underwriter II (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: easy up movement
Cons: strict rules
Great place to work and very challenging to keep up. The constant changing work atmosphere and rules make this insurance job very challenging.
The high demand of the job acts as a glue amongst employees and fuses them together with a wealth of information.
Very good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), La Mesa, CADecember 10, 2014
I was responsible for marketing, cold calls, creating letters and brochures for potential clients. Also performing a full range of administrative duties such as filing, emails, letters, data entry and any other office task that may need attention. I learned to be self starter but also work well as a team. my co-workers at this company were awesome. – more... The most enjoyable part of this job for me was helping others. – less
Honest company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Pleasant Hill, CADecember 7, 2014
Pros: honest company, good product, desirable customers, encouraging management
Cons: it was a new agency that lacked the stability to withstand a balance change in the economy.
I really liked the opportunity they provided, I could feel really good about selling the product because it was needed, and it was a solid company.
Great place to gain experience
Branch Claims Supervisor (Current Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 7, 2014
A place where you can learn and grow your career. Opportunities to travel and meet new people.
Given a task and left alone to finish it
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2014
Pros: own work space
Cons: management
Great job and great pay, processed claims for auto insurance
loved this job
Receptionist (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXDecember 5, 2014
clocked in, went to my counter, seen what my goal was for the day, looked at sale paper to see what was going on for the day, put up any freight that was to put up, management wasn't always fair, co-workers were great, hardest part was getting customers to open credit applications, I enjoyed working with people
A place to work if you want to work temporary.
Electronic Indexer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2014
Pros: free coffee/cappucino/hot chocolate on tuesdays, wear jeans
Cons: temporary work, unpaid holidays, 15-40 hours a week
Arrive and start your shift, check your email for the count of your work. Depending on how much work there is, you may be sent home early. Management only works in the daytime, so I don't see them as I work the evening shift. My co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of my job is processing one document every eight seconds or less, even if you – more... receive more than one document and have to separate by the Document Type, no talking. Training class was not informative. The most enjoyable part is, listen to your music through your headphones, wear jeans Monday-Friday, no weekends. – less
Good team environment
Commercial Field Coordinator, Property Restoration (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2014
Learned a lot. 10 years experience. Good team work and collaboration.
Offered flexibility & the opportunity to create my own schedule
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Decatur, TXNovember 29, 2014
This job demands the need for me to be a self-starter, to set and meet daily, weekly, and monthly goals. It has allowed me to develop solid and lasting relationships with nearly every customer, and even non-customers.
FUN AND LAID BACK
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Olathe, KSNovember 28, 2014
Pros: 2 15 mins breaks and 1 45 mins lunch
Cons: long lunches
i love my manager she is so awesome....this is a laid back job. and there is always someone there to help you with any questions
Productive, Fun and great place to work
SQL Server BI/SSIS/SSRS ETL developer (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 27, 2014
Working at Farmers Insurance brings out the best in a person in the sense that it's a very competitive, outgoing and great place to work. Hard work is very much rewards and that keeps the motivation going.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos