Farmers Insurance Group
1,383 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

great co-workers and supervisors
Sr. Customer Service Claims Representative (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 26, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: ACW
You are able to grow and develop if you meet your numbers/metrics. Great training, although it seemed sometimes that before you got comfortable on the floor they had you training again for something new.
Good Company
Licensed Account Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: all
Cons: none
Excellent customer appreciation. Coverage's age great and a lot of options. I worked here for 10 years. Liked the agents I worked with and relationships I developed with co -workers.
don't become an independent agent
Owner/Agent (Former Employee), Conneaut, OHJune 25, 2015
Independent agent recieves no support. Hard to start a business. was promised to be able to write in both OH and PA and was told I wasn't able to.
Farmers Insurance is also a fun place to work at.
SQL Server BI/SSIS/SSRS ETL Developer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 22, 2015
At Farmers Insurance, the job had to be completed on time to stay competitive in the industry. Working with my Team-Members was a great experience and I would love to work for them again.
Reserve Agent
Reserve Agent (Former Employee), Little RockJune 22, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, ability to own your own business
Cons: You will be broke.
I enjoyed the idea of having my own agency, I wanted to own my own business. Going in and speaking to the recruiter was an ok experience. They sell you on the idea of having your agency but I was not informed of all the details. This was a new recruiter and a new office. I had some question but they were not able to answer them all. I realized it and I knew there was some unknown. You are really going to have to have the time to put into this, which I did not have. I had circumstances at home that did not allow me to complete the program. This IS NOT a scam, but you will need to work. The subsidy will need to be put toward your agency. If you are the breadwinner of the family you may struggle. If you do not have any other income coming in, be prepared to be broke. Its work and you can do it. You will probably end up needing to buy leads as well because you will exhaust your natural market quickly.
Challenging and Productive Work Environment
Direct Service Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Caledonia, MichiganJune 22, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Compensation/Benefits, Work-life balance, Work Environment
Cons: Corporate Structure, Lack of Accountability from Leadership
Took in-bound calls from current and prospective customers and assisted them with various facets of their policies. Compiled a wealth of knowledge about the inner workings of the insurance industry and learned valuable interpersonal and inter-office skills. Greatly enjoyed the office environment. Developed meaningful and useful business relationships, as well as multiple friendships and was well liked and respected among colleagues. The most difficult part of working for such a large company was the reliance on structure and conformity. I loved the challenging environment that I faced on a daily basis, it caused me to learn to utilize my intrinsic talents in a more productive manner as well as how to implement constructive criticism and opportunities for performance enhancement.
Great Place for a Tenacious Self Starter
Agency Owner (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 21, 2015
Only work at the job for a short time. It was fun for the time, but I wasn't successful at distilling policies. Hired a few employees and enjoyed the work. It ended up costing me more than I made. In a different setting with a better natural market. It is possible to quickly thrive and become a career agent.
Depends which agent you work for...
Marketer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 21, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: if you agent doesnt enroll new clients every quarter not only your out of a job but they are too
I worked for Famers Insurance in and out for two years because the first agent I worked for got let go from the company due to low enrollments.

A few months later I got hired on with another agent and she let be go via text message very unprofessional .
Insurance agency
Secretary (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
Insurance agency. Secretary. Met with clients regarding their home, auto, rental, and life insurance policies. Answered customers questions regarding their policies. Managed payments.
I enjoyed wrking with the public
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Olathe, KSJune 21, 2015
Pros: bonus and pay
Cons: Hrs were not good for a family
I enjoyed working there, as it was a very nice place to wrk but I could no longer work late hrs as I had gotten married and getting off late hrs were difficult.
Good
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2015
Company was good to work with, though not the ultimate company but has a good work ethic and Work culture.

I had a role of Business Analyst and I was ok working over there.
n/a
Lead Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 19, 2015
I am happy with the pay decent benefits and work flexibility. People are overall good to work with. Been here 9 years, no promotion opportunities.
Farmers Insurance Group
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Simi Valley CAJune 18, 2015
 Around Seven Years of Professional experience as a Programmer/Analyst that include Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Object oriented and web based Enterprise Applications for various Business requirements using JAVA/J2EE Technologies and working on the complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
 Expertise on Object Oriented Programming, Core Java, JDBC.
 Strong experience in J2EE technologies that includes JMS, Servlets, JSP.
 Working experience in developing SOAP Web services.
dont believe the hype
Agent (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2015
they will just throw you to the wolves. Training and management are subpar. You will end up broke and paying back loans if you take the advances. Don't do it.
Fun place
Office Manager/Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
Great boss and great teacher! Taught me the insurance business and assisted with helping me get my license. Laid back office and full of knowlegde
Great office with great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 13, 2015
I love my job here. It's a great work environment and my boss sees the importance in getting a college degree and therefore works around my school schedule.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Current Employee), SacramentoJune 12, 2015
Excellent environment, i did not had any co-workers, working under pressure at times, working with customers a lot of clients call to make payments ;)
Customer Service Typical Day
Customer Service (Current Employee), Centennial, COJune 12, 2015
Pros: Learning and team work
Cons: Room for advancement is limited
Attend calls, emails or walk in customers with inquiries and requests.
Perform account maintance work, look for opportunities to sell and also satisfy customer needs.

It's sometimes challenging dealing with certain types of policies. Or with some miscellanious insurance coverage questions.

The people in the company are all very friendly and helpfull to one another. It's a very good enviroment to work in.
good work place
DISTRICT GROWTH CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Redding, CAJune 11, 2015
I was only employed for a short time, I left due to an auto accident that took me off of work for a substantial period of time. If I had not had the accident, I would still be happily employed. The Management treated me well and I can't say enough good things.
A good position
Office manager (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 11, 2015
pick the phone
do the customer service
Training new assistant
The hardest part of this job is handling different type of customers. And sell a new policy to customer who already have insurance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Salaries

Agency Manager
$1,000 per week

Farmers Insurance Group Photos

Farmers Insurance
Opportunity of a lifetime.
Blue Vase Award Recipient