Farmers Insurance Group

1.5K reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great company with a great foundation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed learning and working under the Farmers Insurance name. All offices are run differently, but the companies fundamentals are wonderful. Day to day office duties are typical, management varies as well as co-workers. I enjoyed communicating with a variety of clients and helping them with all of their needs.
Farmers insurance as a whole gave good support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 31, 2015
Good learning experience. Great way to start in the insurance business. Met some really great customers, and great co workers
Pros
good support from corporate
Productive and fun wokplace with ping pong table
Senior Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIAugust 30, 2015
A typical day at work is helping between 20-30 customers an hour. The work pace is very busy your use your empathy skill daily. I work an co-manage yourself . My co-workers are awesome to work with. We work in an environment where everyone helps each other if needed. The hardest part of the job is those rare circumstances where you are unable to help a customer like they would like for you to. I enjoy helping people.
Pros
family environment
Cons
Why are there always so many job openings?
Claims Representavie (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2015
The high turn over rate should be a huge red flag. High stress, poor morale, poor management overall (a few exceptions). I could understand a new grad trying to get some experience, but I wouldn't count on staying here too long. If the insanity doesn't make you quit, management will boot you out the door eventually.
Pros
Initial compensation is OK, PTO, non-management co-workers
Cons
Mangement, Q/A process, raises & promotions
recruiting
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 28, 2015
chaotic with no advancement or raise. some co-workers were great, others were not. it was a good, temporary position. thank you
Great Company to work for
Director / Innovation / Enterprise Transformations (Current Employee) –  Woodland HillsAugust 27, 2015
Great Company to work for. Progression is well defined. There are key aspects to the company's progression. It targets the confident planners but leaves out the discount shoppers and in this day and age, an insurance organization must retain the non agent shoppers probably with a different brand.
Pros
Great Company to work for
Build the business
Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityAugust 26, 2015
Entry level build the business, investment required book of business builds the next book of business feeder system maintain accurate records contract required
Contacted IT employees to CSC, all under short term contracts,
Sr. Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 26, 2015
Farmers was a great employee friendly company until the outsourcing. Farmers is a Insurance company that had great productivity before outsourcing. Great employees.
Pros
productive environment.
Cons
contracted employees outsource.
It's okay.
Electronic Indexer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 26, 2015
The environment is mostly nice, just dealing with people that you work with. Supervisors tend to pick their favorites for everything. They continue to hire people when they don't have work and don't hire enough people when there is a lot of work.
It was a great to learn the Insurance Industry
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 25, 2015
I grew with the office from just me to

full time sales rep

2 customer service rep

3 interns

2 part time reps

I learned many things about the insurance world, I also grew with the co workers we became a family in such a small office.
Pros
Free Lunches, free trips
Cons
no health benefits
Productive and fun Workspace
Senior QA Tester/Analyst/Siebel Tester (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 25, 2015
It has very learning environment...
I have learned so many things
Management is co operative
Co Workers are best i have worked
Robotic
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 25, 2015
Underwriters no longer manually underwrite business. Mainly this is done via the computer system. Underwriters are now in a call center environment. The goal is to get the customer off the phone and on to the next call/piece of work in under 7 minutes. It's very production and numbers oriented instead of client/situation oriented.
Co-workers are amazing. Because we all live under the same constraints, we bond together quickly.
too much work and not enough pay
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 25, 2015
favoritism towards the wrong people, policy standards are only true for some people, communication is lacking, too many layers which reduces actual effectiveness.
Pros
better pay
Interesting Job with Unusual Schedule
customer service (Former Employee) –  michiganAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed the time I spent employed here. When I on-boarded I was extremely engaged and bought in to the company. Several procedural and management changes made me see that this was no longer the place for me
Pros
Lots of company freebies
Cons
Penalized for using the time given to you by the company
great place to work
Windows 7 refresh technician (Former Employee) –  Independence,ohAugust 22, 2015
enjoy the work environment. enjoyable group of hard working people. top notch management Laid back casual work enviroment
Pros
friendly and helpful people. great working envirment
Cons
I enjoyed my job at Farmers early on. I just wasn't what they wanted anymore.
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 21, 2015
I enjoyed what I was doing. I took time to explain and answer the customer questions. My employee was all about the number and just wanted fast. I feel I was just jumping from one customer to the other. I was there for 30 years it was not the Farmers Family that it used to be.
room for improvement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 19, 2015
communication has room for improvement
recommend orior experience as training program is lacking
6 day work week
inconsistencies in management decisions
Self Employed, Flexible schedule and ability to grow.
Career Agency Owner - Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  University Place, WAAugust 17, 2015
The career builder program is a great opportunity for those who have a second income in their household or a large savings to fall back on.
Pros
Self Employment
Cons
You can go into debt very easily.
Farmers was a great company to work for.
Home Office Building Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasAugust 17, 2015
Farmers was a great company to work for. They had an excellent management team as well as a strong patrnership between offices offices. The teal was competitive and efficient.
A Great Place To Work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
A company that strives for their employees to be the best. I was really nervous on having so much responsibility in the insurance field but Farmers took their time and train me. Now I am confident Insurance Agent.