Farmers Insurance Group
1,279 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Fun job
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAMarch 26, 2015
we get at the job and prepare days work calling clients with pending policies and update there policies or upgrade there coverage fun staff and managment
Great Customer Service
Customer Service and Agent Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2015
Happy environment, helping client to be safe and insured , always fast to get back to clients and their concerns, one of the most reliable insurance companies .
beautiful location
LIABILITY CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 24, 2015
This was a hospital setting with natural and alternative health care options as well. Beautiful location and area with lots of great amenities.
Positive outlook
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Salina, KSMarch 23, 2015
Great work environment. Easy and quite. Great company. Typical day at work is processing payments and claims. Calling back on quotes and prospect.
Special Claims Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2015
Farmers Insurance Group is a great place to work. The salary is competitive and the benefits are great. The company cares about career development and promoting from within.
I loved Working here. it was so much fun.
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2015
I loved all the different people. i loved talking with the other workers and the agents were always so nice. the events were always fun and all the people and the different interactions were nice.
Insurance Service
Agent Producer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: sales commission
Cons: requirement on number of productions is too high
Great place to work and well managed. The co-work are very professional. I work on my own time and have more time with family.
Staffing issues
claims examiner (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: staffing issues, no autonomy
Too much work, consistent staffing issues, no work life balance and a management staff that is not pro active on resolving issues.
Supervisors have no time to quality train their team, then when asked regarding performance issues, supervisors begin to address issues by performance management plans.. instead they should be taking ownership of not communicating and training their team instead of threatening their employees with action plans or performance plans.

It's obvious that management wants to save money but if they don't want to have us leave and look for better jobs due to consistent staffing issues they need to be pro active on employee complaints, other wise they will have to continue to train new people while the tenure reps leave!
Great place for learning and advancement
Regional Product Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: security, good management.
Cons: la, ca
Good people, very intelligent and hard working. Felt more like a team than most places. Many opportunities for professional growth.
It was a good learning and work experience, but the Help Point management is corrupt.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 13, 2015
Pros: there was flexibility in the work schedule and good learning opportunities.
Cons: the management
I worked at the Farmers Help Point for 12 1/2 years. I learned a lot and had some great work experience. I also had some good promotional opportunities. My first 10 years were great.

Farmers can be a good company if you go to the right department. There are some managers and supervisors that are good, ethical people, and they value their employees. If you go to the wrong department, you can develop an unfavorable impression that will taint your view of the company at large. If you go to the right department and are with the right supervisor, it will be a good experience.

I worked in several departments at Farmers. Most of my experience was very good. Unfortunately, my last 9 months were with the Total Loss Department. As an employee, the Total Loss Department was a very poor representation of Farmers. That whole department was a total loss. Had my only experience been with this department, my position would be negative toward the whole company. I saw a lot of abuses by the management as it seemed like the supervisors and managers would literally defacate on their employees. The termination rate is extremely high, and there is a lot of turnover in this department. If you work for Farmers, you need to avoid this department like the plague.
Fun Place to work
Office Manager/District Office Training Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: fair vacation schedule
Cons: no raises
This is a good place to work. You can lear a lot from the management. Can be difficult to get along with other staff at times, but overall a good place.
Working at farmer's insurance
COD EXPEDITOR CSR (Former Employee), olathe, kansasMarch 13, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: compensation and benefits
Working at farmer's insurance was a great experience I learned a lot working in the insurance industry .I enjoyed my supervisor's as well as co-worker's . I love assisting client's , claimant's, and insured with any issues they have had,and making sure I was able to fully help.
One of the most challenging jobs I have had
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2015
Pros: ability to control work schedule
Cons: commission base no benifits
What I liked about this job was the lack of structure, you are able to schedule you days and I was able to develop communication skills the I would not have been able to do in most other situations
Good job, good benefits and incentives, too much micro-managing.
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 11, 2015
Pros: incentives, good companies
Cons: mixed messages, too much micro-managing
It was a good job overall but the environment was very uncomfortable at times. There were also a lot of mixed messages about what is important.
customer service reps
customer service rep / agent (Current Employee), union njMarch 10, 2015
• Proving service to agency clients
• Sales/ Cross Selling all products of the agency
• Assisting in all managing weekly marketing systems
• Maintain agency computer files and records
• Selling and maintaining client application and policy information
run the other way
claims representative (Former Employee), oklahoma cityMarch 9, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: All
High turnover rate. Unfriendly people and unskilled management. If that is what you are looking for then you are in luck.
Great advancement options
Telephone Sales Representative (TSR) (Former Employee), Katy, TXMarch 9, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing customers the benefit of a full coverage affordable insurance, and first hand customer service.
Flexible Hours
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: marketing, talking to new people
Cons: losing customers, bring in new business
Daily check up on customers, helping out with any situations and help solve any problems that are at hand. A lot of Prioritizing and organizing every situation. Patients of approvals and having to explain and keep customers due to quotes and records.
Very productive office with great teams
Office Claims Representative (Former Employee), Olathe, KSMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great team, helping others, benefits
Cons: irritated customers, cubicles
The Property Office Claims Adjuster position was overall a great opportunity. There was an extensive training program for the first month or so. After completing the training, you were placed with your teams to start taking claims. The number of claims assigned to each person depended on the total volume of claims, seniority, and development of the person. The job could be stressful since some assigned claims were considered a one and done while others lasted for months of re-opening.

The management was good. I was hired by the Territory Manager and my team supervisor. The team supervisor transferred to Grand Rapids, MI. We then had a series of temporary managers that led to a transfer supervisor from the Auto department. It was sometimes difficult to get things done with a new supervisor having to justify his reasoning to another supervisor before getting a final answer.
Great Opportunity
Agency Owner (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2015
This is a great place to work as an agency owner, however, be prepared to cold call. The support you get will depend on the district that you are with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos