Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,530 reviews matching the search
productive workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 20, 2017
A typical day at work was always very busy. We helped customers with their insurance as well as filed claims and managed documentations. I really enjoyed working at an office and having my own desk. Even though there was always something to do, the pace of it was very nice.
Job was amazing
Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 20, 2017
This was my first job every if I could continue I would but unfortunately they went out of business­čśş this is an excellent job to start an career with if looking into
Pros
Got paid fairly, and manager was highly respectable
Cons
Non
Stressful environment with little management support
Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2017
Company focused more on numbers then customer service. Many employees have been promoted due to their numbers and lack true customer service skills often passing the buck to the next rep. The company says they want good customer service but really they want quick calls.
Pros
TV and games in breakrooms; Fitness area
Cons
healthcare limited, little to no raises even for those with good call numbers, poor incentives
Difficult to Bring in New Agents as a Recruiter Here
Agency Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 19, 2017
I found that once candidates find out what goals they have to meet as a new agent, most decide it's the not right career path for them. It was hard for me to recruit when people were not interested in meeting the specific goals Farmers required of them. It was a pleasant workplace and the coworkers were very nice though.
Pros
Nice work environment, easygoing colleagues
Cons
Recruiting was challenging, not enough interested candidates made the job feel very unrewarding and draining.
A good first job.
Estimating/Subrogation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2017
First position following college graduation but I didn't have a passion for working insurance claims and over time the position became repetitive. The amount of claims expected to be processed by each adjuster can sometimes become a heavy load.
Productive and balanced
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 17, 2017
Farmers has offered great benefits and has allowed me to get a hands on experience in accounting that I would not have had anywhere else. I have been able to build on my previous four years of banking experience to make me a better employee.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Short lunches
Relatively positive place to work, varying on immediate leadership.
Senior Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2017
Farmers Insurance Group has a lot of potential as a quality employer. Satisfactory benefits and lots of opportunities abound. Significant growth within the company does come with the high likelihood of a relocation to a regional operations center, usually in the Midwest or California.
very nice professional office setting
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 17, 2017
it was a very nice office to work at . i had a very giving employer
he did not offer health ins. but compensated in other areas.
i worked Monday thru friday. and rotating weekend with other co-workers. I really liked working for Farmers learned a lot about Home
Owners and car insurance.
Pros
the pay and commission was good
Cons
not meeting your quota did not give you a bonus check
Farmers Insurance
District Manager Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTAugust 17, 2017
Management was outstanding and training was provided to employee's. Learned how to manage, train and run a daily office in the insurance industry and help other agents exceed in building their own agencies, and seeing them go on to advancements with the company.
Cons
No Benefits
Farmers review
Agency Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 17, 2017
Working at Farmers has been fulfilling. Working with the customers to grant them their insurance needs. By helping them to receive the best coverage for their dollar, I made completely possible for them to be sure that they were covered
Pros
Free lunched and Christmas party
Love the agent
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  kansasAugust 16, 2017
The agent I work(ed) for is amazing. She makes the experience better. The company itself is not good. Horrible customer service. If you work for a good agent, it will be fun.
excellent benefits
Total Loss Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 16, 2017
Farmers is a great place to work but just like any other employer , the management makes all the difference. At the beginning of my Farmers stent, My manager was great, however after being hired on permanently , I was forced to go to a new manager who was not so great.
Pros
on site food vendors
Cons
n/a
Stable
Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 16, 2017
Stable company with medical benefits. Appears to attempt to maintain a balance between work and home. Some opportunities to transfer within the company and to advance.
I enjoy everyday. Relaxed at times, but mostly fast and fun.
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2017
I enjoy the customers, and answering their calls, and questions. I know that I am making a difference, by treating people the way that I would like to be treated.
Pros
Great atmosphere to be positive and enjoy your environment.
Cons
Would like to make more bonus, but that depends on me.
workplace
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIAugust 15, 2017
lack of career advancement and little effort is put into their interview process. They talk about how they value you and your work life balance but when you need something or help leadership will drop the ball.
Cons
management is unstable
Great experience
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2017
Working here gave me a lot of experience with Farmers and I appreciate how much they do for there customers. I got an office to myself and was left to learn at my own pace.
Fun place to work in and great coworkers
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAAugust 14, 2017
Love working on my clients policies make sure they have what they want, I love working in the computer, open a new policy and working in a very positive environment
Pros
Love working in an office and doing customer service
Cons
I haven't received the best training
Best place to be employeed
Director of Business Management (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 14, 2017
Great educational oppotunity, great management, great support, It was the hardest thing to ever leave due to I was relocating back to az. the best and most rewarding position I have ever had the oppotunity to have.
Good Experinece to Woprk at Farmers Insurance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2017
Having worked on A part time basis, as a student. The compensation was good at that time. With proper shifts management, the company always strived to achieve life/work balance.
Management was so encouraging and supportive.

The culture was Awesome!
Ridiculous
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 14, 2017
Thought this job was going to be a great new step for me, but it turned out to be a joke. No level of good compensation to have a livable wage. The Agents are not understanding, or even pay for study time for test. Not the best decision for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.