Farmers Insurance Group
1,349 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Fun place to work!
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 31, 2015
Pros: Long lunches
Cons: compensation
Fun place to work i would have stayed in the compensation was there but it is difficult to do that on that specific wage. The job was not well defined and everyone wanted me to walk hold their hand through THEIR jobs.
Flexible and friendly environment, however there was little to no advancement opportunity, and it is not a full-time job opportunity.
Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahMay 31, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, great boss, friendly environment
Cons: little advancement opportunity, lack of interaction with others face-to-face, only ale to work a small amount of hours on a weekly basis
Though I enjoy working at Farmers Insurance, and my boss and co-workers are amazing, I am not able to advance, and the amount of hours I am able to work is very limited (though they are flexible), meaning that I can only work so much. The environment is very nice and quiet, and though I get to interact with customers over the phone, I'd much prefer to interact with them face-to-face.
Review of Company
Liability Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 30, 2015
The pay is good. However, performance and pay advancement highly depends on who you are in favor with and if the company is making a profit. Lots of downsizing so advancement is difficult.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Service Advocate (Current Employee), Austin, TXMay 30, 2015
Pros: Gym, Ping pong table
Cons: Hours
I enjoy the people that I work with. Management is very helpful. There are many fun events to participate in and we are constantly helping the community.
Compensation Not Adequate for Type of Work
Claims Customer Service (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Friendly supervisors and co-workers, beautiful facility
Cons: Compensation, Hours, Have to work holidays
The work would feel less daunting if we were compensated better. Being a claims Customer Service Rep and taking back-to-back calls eight hours straight is stressful. You are dealing with everything from routine fender benders to highly complex claims. You are the "frontline" and have many metrics to be accountable for, yet you are given entry-level pay.

You must be a cheerleader for the company and a therapist for the customer. You are expected to be a library of knowledge, yet you are not allowed to use most of that knowledge because they do not allow you to.

The facility is beautiful, the supervisors are friendly and helpful. The company atmosphere is positive for the most part. The job itself is hard, and in my opinion, the pay wasn't worth the stress.
loved working here loved meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), grants new mexicoMay 27, 2015
Pros: luch break. flexable . great atomsphere
Cons: exams
typical day of work included setting up the store. answering phones and working with clients filing and product selling. quoeting. I learned so much here at this job it really made me look forward to a successful future I really wanted to be and agent. the hardest part of the job was that I could not pass the exam but was close the best part were the people .. my coworkers were great and I was able to create and outside relationship with them!
Rate structure on homeowner policies are terrible.
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Athens, ALMay 27, 2015
Pros: work/life ballance
Cons: Difficult to sign new business which makes it hard to make a living.
Farmers has rated themselves almost completely out of competition in home rates in the area which makes it extremely difficult to write new business. The district recruiters made it seem as if becoming a Farmers agent would be an easy and lucritive transition. I was given minimal training and was pushed into an office to take care of an existing book of business and forgotten about. Since then, several Farmers agents, some of which have been with the company for numerous years, have resigned as an agent because of Farmers current rate structure. Farmers has done nothing to correct the problem making it difficult for agents to survive and support their families.
Great Company
Agent/CSR (Former Employee), FriscoMay 26, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Farmers is a wonderful Insurance company. They pay their claims fast and fair. They provide an excellent value. They are far above all other property and casualty companies in the United States of America.
I enjoyed my job, but...
Claims adjuster (Former Employee), WashingtonMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great training opportunities
Cons: not enough time to complete the work load
the people I worked with were the best part of the job, mostly. The company loaded on the work and supplied very little opportunity to finish it within the time frames they wanted. They did supply the training, some might say overboard and allowed opportunities for extra training if you could find the time to complete it. Management tried to care but I think the pressure from corporate hindered that a lot and they micromanaged everything you do and did. Overall I learned a lot and appreciated the training they provided, but hated the environment.
Transition from Private to Public
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), Davie, FLMay 24, 2015
When I was first hired, it was a private insurance company called Bristol West. It was after three years of employment that the acquisition by Farmers happened. My primary role was that of Network Engineer which was later coupled with Project Manager. I worked in the office during the day from 7:00-4:30 pm and in the evening around 9:00 pm, I would connect via VPN to oversee the Business-to-Business tunnel migrations. Moving vendor tunnels from platforms that were at End Of Life onto newer ASAs'. I was working with people from all over the country and world, including India. Another rather large effort that I partook in as Project Manager was the data center migrations. Ensuring the configurations were backed up and the application/device was tested once powered on and readdressed. This was a huge effort that usually took place over the course of a weekend, once including Thanksgiving, pulling 12-15 hour shifts, sometimes throughout the night. I feel as though I became an Engineer through these experiences and will always be thankful for my time with the company.
Great
Workers' Compensation Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CAMay 22, 2015
Great company to work for. First corporate job out of college and it was a great experience. Looking forward to seeing how much the company will grow.
Only one way to make money
Associate Agent (Current Employee), Arvada, COMay 22, 2015
The only way to make money is to own your own agency. Working as a producer or anything else is a scam. You will put in long hours travelling everywhere and making cold calls for less that half of the commission on each sale. Good for the agent, but TERRIBLE for anyone else who works within the agency.
Productive enviroment
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Sparks, NVMay 22, 2015
My manager taught me things about the business. He took time out to work with me.
I would go over any strategies that needed to be focused on and then call people.
Fantastic work environment
Senior Medical Subrogation Representative (Former Employee), Renton WaMay 21, 2015
Farmers is a work environment that was transparent, honest, and aggressive in achieving daily goals. I had a great time learning and working beside some of the best at Farmers Insurance. Everyday was completely different and rewarding in its own way.
Decent Place
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILMay 21, 2015
Office drama needs to stop. Management is good. Benefits could be better, but good opportunity for advancement in corporation.
Its okay, not the best but you can earn a decent living
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, fast paced, always learning something new, good products and claims
Cons: No breaks, no advancement, overworked, poor management of agents, stiff growth requirements
I have worked at the agency level for 8 years. I am the only full time employee for a large agency so I am overworked and really no way to advance within the agency, even though in areas I know more the then actual agent and customers prefer me over the agent. When I started customer service was the number one priority followed by sales and marketing, as the years have gone on the company as well as the agent I work for has forgotten about customer service and only cares about sales. While you need to sell and grow, if you are not servicing your customers fairly or doing the right things your going to go backwards.

The agent I work for cares more about golfing then selling and tends to put the stress of growth on my shoulders when I am already overloaded with the daily activities of running his agency. I think that Farmers needs to monitor and manage agents better.

Farmers itself is a good company I believe we do have one of the best claims processes out there and our claims people are wonderful and fair. Our system has come a long way since I started and is much more user friendly. Our rates are all over the board I dont think Farmers will ever really figure that out but we are at the very least competitive at the moment against our biggest competitors so thats a positive. I do wish Farmers did more for the clients insured with them for 20+ years I feel like customer service has taken a backseat with the company as well. I also wish upper management would spend time in agencies so they can see what it is like to use our system on a daily basis and the struggles we see day to day to get a better understanding of system changes and functionality in the future.
Tough Work Life Balance
Claims (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 20, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, Virtual
Cons: Work following you home
It was difficult to have your work not follow you home. The culture and benefits steadily declined. Coworkers were great because they understood and were going through the same things you were.
A place where you CAN make a full time insurance living
RESERVE AGENT (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great backing from the company
Cons: never stops
best to begin young-
They have excellent programs to enhance Farmers Agency owners on all levels as long as you have the time, family support, and financial backing of banks to get the business started quickly and raise to the top without hesitation if you are able to follow their business plans for growth.
As an insurance provider- they are fantastic.
As an educator of insurance to the public - they are the leaders
Hard dedicated work can prove itself in so many ways. A 24/7 - 365 day job- no time to relax- fun the whole way through for those who want financial success
Look Elsewhere
Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2015
Pros: Fair pay and benefits
Cons: Short sighted and self-serving management
Perhaps some have had good experiences working with Farmers Insurance. For me, I can only comment on the Total Loss Department. This was a very negative experience.

The claim volume is very high. With such a heavy claim volume, it was difficult to keep on track of inventory control, phone calls, and to adequately monitor activities. Supervisors would use the most minute thing to write an employee up and put them on disciplinary action. The supervisors and managers did not really care anything about the employees on a personal level, and they seemed to completely disregard the entire workforce. It seemed like every week at least one person was being terminated for whatever reason. There were always many others who were leaving just because they could not handle the workload. When asking most people about why they were leaving, it was not because they minded doing what was asked of them, but it was because they were always being threatened by the management.

The Total Loss Department should have been called A Total Wreck or a Total Disaster in and of itself. I give each of the Total Loss supervisors and managers an F- based on the way so many of the employees were treated.

If you are looking for employment, don't bother if you are being offered a job in the Total Loss Department. There are much better companies to work for, and this department does not deserve you.
Fun people to work with
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: my own boss
Cons: competetiveness
I had a good time working with Farmers insurance, i had help from my co workers and management with anything i had a question about. it's a tough industry, unfortunately it was not for me.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Salaries

Claims Adjuster
$48,000 per year

Farmers Insurance Group Photos

Farmers Insurance
Opportunity of a lifetime.
Blue Vase Award Recipient