Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,437 reviews matching the search
Rigid yet rewarding career
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIJuly 20, 2017
Customer service positions provide an opportunity to do valuable work helping put customers' lives back together. Schedule and expectations are rigid and compensation is average.
Survey Driven
Field Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2017
Company is 100% survey driven for metrics. Solid company with strong marketing and claims divisions. Very customer oriented with multiple variations and matrix options to provide which allows great flexibility.
Pros
Company is leaning toward more virtual positions
Cons
Employee Turnover
Poor Work Culture and Work Ethics
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland HillsJuly 19, 2017
I have been with Farmers for a little over 5 years and have witnessed nepotism and unethical work culture. Employees are encouraged to work from home as a company policy but is frowned upon by leadership. Lots of politics and favoritism. Some departments also have racism to a certain degree.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great Family Business
Licensed Insurance Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Dinuba, CAJuly 19, 2017
This was a great family business in a small town that I grew up in. The agent gave me an opportunity because he saw something in me that I did not see in myself. I learned the ins and outs of running an insurance company and passed the state exam in becoming licensed as an Insurance Solicitor. The owner and family treated their customers like family and that is what I loved about this office. Due to relocating to a different area I was very sad in leaving my employer.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Having to leave due to relocating.
A company to get you started on a new career pat.
Licensed Producer Agent (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 19, 2017
The licensing process was quick. Getting started with referrals and customers to quote is a long process. Patience is a must.
Assistance with education and testing for Property, Casualty, Life,
Health and Disability licenses.
Pros
Your own time schedule
Cons
No assistance becoming "groomed" for success.
Great place
Liability Clerk/Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
Farmers was a great place to work for but due to the mole exposure the offices started to close down and we were moved from office to office. I relocated twice before I decided to leave.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
You could not be late without a pentaly.
Not a great place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 19, 2017
Insurance industry isn't fun in general. you really have to have tough skin. If you don't you will not last long here. I pretty much had to deal with upset customers at all time.
Great job to learn alot of things office ready.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXJuly 19, 2017
The job was an interesting one that's forsure. I learned how to interact with both English and Spanish speaking people. I am only learning Spanish so it proves to be a lot more challenging then I thought but pulled threw and made the best out of a job I didn't really even expect to land. But ended up coming out on top.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Long hours and eorked eith difficult situations and people often
fun workplace
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 18, 2017
A great place to work. The workplace environment is like nothing you've seen before. The job itself is very stressful so the people you work with are a huge part of the job. The pay and benefits are great too
asdjf;'
Commercial Insurance Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 18, 2017
You can connect with an agent, get a quote, report a claim and check on its status, find the number to call for towing and roadside help and more. You’ll find ample resources to help with your claim, as well as a checklist of what to do in an accident.
Dont
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 18, 2017
Boss put me on hold said come back in a few weeks never contacted me again. Dropped off my things and never gave me an answer. Pay was awful no hrs. No stability and not worth working thsre.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
No job security
Farmer's has an awful business plan
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 17, 2017
I have had 5 or 6 district managers from Farmer's insurance ask me me to come work for them as an agent, because it's sooo rewarding and a great place to work.... After 3 of them emailing me again in the same week, I finally agree to work for them as an agent, it was horrible. They provide 0 leads to you, but expect you to pick apart at family and friendships to turn them into business relationships. Training comprised of impersonal, impractical, out-of-touch computer modules, and the same manager(s) that continually pursue you with emails to work for them, barely ever work an 8 hour day themselves, and that's not counting frequent 2 hour lunch breaks and or golf outings. They also lied to me about a compensation hiring bonus once I came on board. Being an insurance agent is not easy getting started, and Farmer's business plan largely neglects new agents. The leadership frankly appears not to care. No direction, leadership, nor help with planning and strategy... nothing.
Pros
None that I know of.
Cons
No leads, bad leadership, no sense of team, direction or caring
After 11 years my position was eliminated in Olathe KS
Real Time Analyst Workforce Management (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 16, 2017
Our Workforce Management team consisted of Forecasting, Scheduling and Real Time. My role was an Analyst on the Real Time team. Our new leaders decided to move this role to Austin TX and eliminate it on Olathe KS after 11 years. I was the last remaining employee from the original Workforce Management Team. It is unfortunate that our leaders are going in this direction.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Does not always have the employees best interest in mind.
Amazing Company- Difficult Position
Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 16, 2017
As a liability claims adjuster, you are constantly dealing with people who are upset, angry and most of the time they are trying to profit off of insurance companies. In this position, you will be pulled in 20 different ways on a single day. You will have nonstop phone calls, emails, file directions from your supervisor, and new assignments. Trying to find time management and a balance in this job is extremely difficult. Working for Farmers is great, it's an amazing company with good management. As for the position, it is definitely not a good fit for everyone.
Pros
Good Pay, ability to work from home, 401 K
Cons
Stress, workload, taking work home with you
Challenging work environment
Head of Investment Operations (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAJuly 15, 2017
A challenging work environment that provides opportunities to succeed. Management team is supportive though limited due to subsidiary of a large international insurance organization.
Pros
Multiple opportunites to exceed
Cons
Oversight from corporate center limits creativity
Typical call center environment....
LICENSED CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVOCATE II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
Generally a good company to work for - good potential to move up/around to other positions and higher pay; however if you have young children, marriage or any type of outside life that requires time off, or god forbid, you fall ill, they are not so understanding. As I said, typical call center environment. They also don't pay as much as the other top insurance companies.
Small and quiet workplace, with no actual face to face contact
VP Insurance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
A typical day at this company would consist of being in the office alone for most of the day. If you needed help from the manager, then you would have to wait until they were in the office. The work was a slow but steady place and it included quoting, and renewing policies.
Pros
Paid training, hour long lunches
Cons
no benefits, no opportunity to advance
Rating
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 14, 2017
Farmers is an Equal opportunity Employer. Farmers is a Great company to work. They are a tough company as far as Work home balance due to being a 24/7 Facility
Pros
Friendly Employer
Cons
Bachelors Degree Required for Advancement
Learn something new everyday
Administrative Assistant/CSSR (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 13, 2017
A typical day at work is not so typical. No day is the same due to being faced with different scenarios everyday. I have learned alot in this position when it comes to customer service and empathy. Management and the workplace was pretty chill. The job was not hard but it did keep you busy. I enjoyed the flexiblity the most.
Pros
Flexible work hours, good enviornment, good work load
Cons
Compensation
some what productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2017
This is not a company that i enjoyed working for it was not flexable with my work needs and the pay was not always what it was supposed to be it did not allow me to advance in where i needed to be and i felt like over all i got screwed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval