Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,855 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work fun
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2016
open office make morning phone calls to customers run reports follow up on leads i love my job i get to interact with people all day that's what i love as well as my co workers
Pros
Cons
no cons
Lots of events for employees...Saturday Santa, Trick or Trunk, Employee appreciation week
Document Expeditor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2016
A LOT of overtime. Hard to balance work and personal life. Upper Management is very unappreciative of your hard work and long hours. Management have made it known that she wants her employees to be intimidated by her
Supervisor
Claims Clerical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAAugust 24, 2016
Provide a full range of support services for my managing Attorney. In charge of document preparation, confidential file management, supply ordering, and record maintenance. Coordinate and carry out special events, request, projects, and communication plans. Manage a team of 8 employees conducting Mid and Year End Reviews along with processing timecards
fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 24, 2016
fun place to work, co-workers are nice , boss is great, and location is perfect, always plenty of work to do, which is a good thing, because no one likes to be bored at work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
always lots to do
Enjoyed staying busy.
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 24, 2016
I enjoyed the customer interaction. I also enjoyed staying busy. The hardest part was staying within the 40 hours because I was so busy. I didn't have a lot of coworkers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
troup business closed
good job work/family life balance
Litigation Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  fort lauderdale, floridaAugust 23, 2016
the company is getting diverse but still white employment first. Once hired you are given a fair chance to stay employed. fort Lauderdale female managers are clique and white females oriented. the head knows nothing how to investigate, evaluate and settle a claim
They could be areally good company to work for but there needs to be more attention, more compensation and better benefits given to the agents.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me is managing the office going out a visiting new and existing businesses getting to know them and letting them know that we are here if we could be of service them. I really love helping customers figure out the best way to cover their assets and making sure that they can reasonably afford to keep the policies.
Pros
They do believe in rewarding you for a great job.
Cons
The support and compensation is not good at all.
Very fun and productive enviornment
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 22, 2016
Wondeful place with wonderful people, overall liked where i worked even if it was part time
A typical day at work would be walk in the morning, sit on the desk and call people, answer phone calls help the costumers with payments or whatever else they need.
Pros
Just overall fun
Cons
Have to call and call businesses
Great Company to work for
Agent Staff (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDAugust 22, 2016
The company gives you plenty of advancement opportunities and further your growth as a successful agency owner and grow your business and become successful
Pros
great company, plenty of room to advance and grow as an agent
Cons
can't think of any
Great Company
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSAugust 22, 2016
Flexable hours and a great part time job. The agent is amazing to work with. She is open to ideals to bring in more policies.
Great Company Who Cares About It's Employees
Special Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work with a lot of career opportunities for those willing to relocate. Well compensated. Annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
Must be self motivated
Agency Owner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2016
Great job if you have the money to survive the first year. You are building a company and need to be motivated on your own, no one is there to tell you to do better.
Great working environment with little supervision
Trainer/Senior Property Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2016
Very fun working day as you work from your home and vehicle
Upper management is extremely professional and hard working
All co-workers were very easy to get along with
Employees are great to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 17, 2016
The work is high expectations with no guidance. at times not alot of support or encouragement. You will have alot to do but if you can not complete it then it is held against you when you are asking for help. you can take ownership but also need to delegate and it becomes a double edge sword.
excellent benefits
Special Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 16, 2016
company provides the ability to work from home, huge plus when you have kids.
company shares in it's profits every year with it's employees
work/life balance does not always balance out but there are peaks and valleys for busy times which helps balance out over all
I love my customers and helping them understand insurance
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work is taking customer phone calls and updating records or quoting new business.

The hardest part of the job is balancing new rate increases with our good product when everyone's dollar is being stretched.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my customers who always make me smile and even when they are having a bad day we are able to make it better just by the fact that they know I care about them as a person.
Pros
Can be a good environment for growing and learning
Cons
Rate increases, no benefits
Flexible
Agency Producer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNAugust 15, 2016
The job required a lot of self motivation since it was mostly myself doing the customer care, sales, and marketing. There is not a whole lot of interaction with others, but events such as golfing made for some fun times with account holders or business reps.
Excellent company
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 14, 2016
Kind management team, supporting senior management, very inspiring team environment.

Great benefits and internal support.
Great place to work, they are a second family
Commercial Senior Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILAugust 13, 2016
Farmers works as a Team based company. They offer excellent benefits and a second family to all employees. Work / Life balance is fully supported. Farmers typical day is to support their agents and their customers.
Pros
401k, profit sharing and family oriented
Cons
Currently consolidating service centers and elimenating jobs
Laid Back Job
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 11, 2016
The job was easy in terms of work, the management was a little subpar, however. Not really a hands on place to work. Telemarketing in general can be mentally exhausting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.